Chapter 25 ~ Havi

Chapter 25 ― Havi

The next day started horridly. I didn’t know what exactly was going on, but certainly fans weren’t happy. A massive group was outside the radio station, most of them were already grown up girls, fourteen to seventeen, even older maybe. I couldn’t believe girls that old were there, and for that reason.

They were there to hate on me.

As soon as those girls saw me, and recognised me from the picture –I still didn’t know how they could do that–, they started yelling things at me. I tried to ignore them, I tried not to pay attention to what they were saying. They didn’t know me, all their arguments were invalid. I wasn’t going to let them affect me with their harsh words, because they were nothing for me. They were Louis’ fans, they were important to him, not to me.

However, no matter how many times I told myself that in my mind, it was hard to ignore everything they were screaming. They were mean, they were cruel.

“You whore. You don’t even deserve him!”

“You’re only with him to gain fame! You fucking gold-digger!”

“I hope you die, you slut!”

“I don’t know what he sees in you!”

And so many other offensive things that shocked me. How could girls like them have such a horrid vocabulary? I couldn’t believe they assumed I was with Louis just because I was looking for popularity. I really cared about him, I wouldn’t expose myself to this if I didn’t feel the way I felt towards him. Nothing could make me bear this kind of unfair treatment if I didn’t feel they way I did. These girls weren’t even giving me an opportunity to show that I really cared about him. That I was falling in love with him.

They not only threw harsh words at me, they also threw things at me like a water bottle that hit me on the back. One of the other hosts of the station saw this and came to my rescue, making the girls back off, but they had already hit me, and that got to me. I was at the verge of tears because it was just unfair. They didn’t even give me a chance to prove myself decent. They just assumed the worst because they were jealous.

Kevin, the other host from the morning show, led me inside the station with his arm protectively around me and I was shaking. Not only because I was hurt –emotionally and physically– but also because I was mad. I was so bloody angry at the unfairness of the situation I wanted to punch someone in the face. With a bloody piano!

“You okay, Havi?” Kevin asked me clearly concerned. “What’s going on? Why did they attack you?” Confusion was evident in his tone.

“You know we are working with One Direction, right?” I told him looking into his green eyes. They kind of reminded me of Harry’s eyes. Kevin nodded. “Well, those are their fans and they are not very happy with our friendship,” I carried on.

It took him a couple of seconds to fully understand what I had told him. His eyes shot wide open as his hold on my shoulder grew tighter. “That’s because you’re friends with them?” He asked again, sheer incredulity all over his features. It sounded awful coming from his mouth.

“Well, Louis and I are more than friends,” I clarified just remembering that the day before he had asked me, officially, to be his girlfriend. That only put a little smile on my face.

I saw Kevin’s features became serious as he understood everything that was happening in that moment: the crowd outside the station, the attack, my passive reaction to everything. And he was getting mad. “How can you accept that? You can’t let those girls to treat you like that because you fancy some pop star. You deserve better!” He practically yelled at me and I stepped back a few steps.