The Cowboy's Redemption (bk3)

By meeksadorable

[[book3]] *Walter series * More

copyright
Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Epilogue (mature)
Coming soon.

24

7K 439 41
By meeksadorable

Joseph watched her face as she watched their son walk into the school building. He had insisted on going in on his own. While he understood a boy needed to feel independent. He could see that Miranda was struggling with the thought of their son growing up so fast.

"He'll be alright," Joseph said quietly brushing her hand.

She took a deep breath and gave him a small smile.

"I'm being ridiculous I know. He just growing up so fast."

When her breath caught he couldn't help it, he pulled her into a hug and was surprised she came not just willingly but clung to him.

After the last night he kissed her in his apartment she had been closed off and distant. He had given her space not wanting to push her too much and end up kissing her all over again.

"Joseph Walter. Aren't you just a sight for sore eyes?"

He went still and actually clung to Miranda a little bit tighter.

"Oh God no, please no," he grumbled

He wanted to argue when Miranda untangled herself from him and looked up at him. He was pretty sure his face mirrored the horror he was feeling.

He turned with a forced smile on his face all the while keeping a firm hold around Miranda's waist.

"Donna." he greeted the woman who was currently eyeing his hand that held Miranda plastered to his side.

"I didn't know you were back in town, I thought you would have called, you said you would," she said with her come-hitter smile.

"Yes, we just got in yesterday, had a lot to do," he replied

He watched her eyes narrow and look toward Miranda who was currently eyeing him with a curious expression that had his cheeks reddening. He sent her a nervous smile and squeezed her side.

"I'm Donna, who might you be?"

"She's my... "

"I'm Miranda Tate."

Joseph wanted to kiss the smug expression off Miranda's face as she glanced back at him.

"You look familiar, do I know you?" the other way asked still eyeing the hands with clenched cheeks.

"I grew up here so..."

"Oh yeah, now I remember you, buck-eyed Rambo." Donna interrupted with a high-pitched laugh that grated on his ears.

"Donna," he said in a warning tone when he felt Miranda go tense next to him.

"What? It's what everyone use to call her. If I remember correctly it was you boys from the football team that came up with the name." she said still laughing.

When Miranda threw him an accusing gaze he gritted his teeth. He felt like he had stepped right back into high school with the cheerleader being the mean girl picking on the school nerd.

"I remember you." he heard Miranda say. "Donna the head cheerleader, though I remember these being a lot perkier" when Miranda pointed to the other woman's breast Joseph almost lost it. "and I almost didn't recognize you because you were so much thinner back then, you've really let yourself go, sweetie." Miranda finished with an angelic smile that was anything but innocent.

That's when he lost it and a bark of laughter erupted from his throat. Donna threw him a tight-lipped glare which he ignored, after all, she had asked for it.

"At least I didn't have to pay money and turn myself into plastic to look good." the other woman snapped with an angry snarl.

"Oh no honey, these," Miranda pushed her breasts up for effect and he couldn't help but gaze at the tempting twin objects he wished to get in the palm of his hands. "and this" she continued outlining her curvy figure "are all-natural," she said with a smirk turning to look at Joseph then back to the angry red-faced woman with an innocent shrug. "All gifts from giving birth to his son."

When Miranda pushed herself up against him he gladly threw his arms around her waist.

With an angry huff, Donna turned to him.

"You got her pregnant?" she asked accusingly

"Yep," he replied proudly sticking out his chest.

She turned to Miranda with a malicious smirk.

"Must not have been good enough to satisfy him." she said looking Miranda up and down "since he's been in my bed nonstop for over a year now."

Miranda tensed once again in his arms but he was glad when she didn't pull away.

"That might be the case, sweetie, only because he clearly must have been desperate since I wouldn't give him the time of day. Now that I'm back I'm sure he won't be needing your services anymore. Let me know his tab and I'll cover the bill."

Joseph's mouth fell open just the way Donna's did.

"Let's go!" Miranda snapped at him as she spun away and stormed back to his truck.

"Yes ma'am," he replied obediently as he raced to get the door. If his employees would see him now he wouldn't hear the end of it. Then again none of the were stupid enough to cross him, especially with what was going on at the office.

He knew better than to say anything at the moment. Occasionally he threw her a quick glance and then turned back to the road.

When they got to the ranch she didn't wait for him to get the door. Instead, she climbed down from the truck and slammed the door before stomping her way into the house.

Bethany and Jordan paused while sitting on the couch to look at her storm by. She took the stairs two at a time with loud angry stomps.

"What did you do now?" Bethany asked folding her hands on top of her rounded stomach.

"We sort of ran into Donna," he said then grimaced when his brother cursed.

"What you ever saw in the saggy boob, the fake wanna-be blonde woman I'll never know. I knew I couldn't stand her the minute I got to this town." Bethany grumbled

"Don't get worked up darling," Jordan said trying to soothe his wife.

"Don't you darling me! I saw the way she was trying to cozy up to you when we went to the farmers market last week." Bethany accused

Joseph ignored the accusing stare his brother threw him and turned to look at Miranda who was stomping her way back down the stairs.

When she got closer enough to stab a finger I told his chest he actually grimaced and took a step back.

"Now you listen here you big jock,  I'm not about to be bullied by your big-breasted bimbo cheerleader girlfriends again, this isn't high school!" she yelled angrily.

Joseph was aware of his brother getting an equal lecture over by the couch but his focus was on the woman in front of him. With her face flushed with anger and her chest heaving up and down with fast breaths he was mesmerized. Never had she looked more beautiful to him.

"If you want to be with her you go right ahead but stay the heck out of my bed, got it?!" she snapped

"Am I allowed to speak now?" he asked which earned him another jab to the chest.

He rubbed the area with a slight pout on his lips.

"I'm not joking Joseph Walters," she warned.

"I know," he said catching the offending finger before she could poke him again. "Donna is history. I man has needs and she was a willing outlet, it was nothing more than that. And technically you haven't allowed me in your bed" he replied innocently.

She rolled her eyes obviously at the last bit but hey a man could try right.

"So you're not like, with her or anything?" she asked quietly.

"No, why would I need her when I have you?" he asked with a smirk.

"Well, we're not actually a thing so," she said with a shrug as she folded her hands.

"Miranda?" he said then waited for her to look at him.

"Yes?" she said

"We're a thing sweetheart," he said before kissing her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

224 30 17
'𝑆ℎ𝑒 𝑑𝑖𝑑𝑛'𝑡 𝑘𝑛𝑜𝑤 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝑠ℎ𝑒 𝑔𝑜𝑡 ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑠𝑒𝑙𝑓 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑠𝑡 𝑡𝑦𝑝𝑒 𝑜𝑓 𝑎𝑡𝑡𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛, 𝑚𝑖𝑛𝑒.'
4.8K 233 20
"𝑨𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒘𝒆𝒆𝒕𝒆𝒔𝒕 𝒍𝒊𝒕𝒕𝒍𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒍 𝒄𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅𝒏'𝒕 𝒌𝒆𝒆𝒑 𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒆𝒚𝒆𝒔 𝒐𝒇𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒅𝒆𝒗𝒊𝒍."
26.1K 1.2K 9
DISCRETION SERIES - BOOK 4 (spin-off) " Here you are, gentlemen. Let me know if there's anything else I can do for you " God, her voice sounds like s...
89.3K 1.9K 58
He craves emotions, feelings, but he doesn't show it. She used to crave emotions, feelings, but now she doesn't. If it means to love him and get the...