Love to Last A Lifetime| Damo...

By briannat23

Addison Gilbert is the younger twin sister of the famous Elena Gilbert, and considered by everyone in Mystic... More

Cast
Chapter Two: The Night of the Comet
Chapter Three: Friday Night Bites
Chapter Four: Family Ties
Chapter Five: You're Undead to Me
Chapter Six: Lost Girls
Chapter Seven: Haunted
Chapter Eight: 162 Candles
Chapter Nine: History Repeating
Chapter Ten: The Turning Point
Chapter Eleven: Bloodlines
Chapter Twelve: Unpleasantville
Chapter Thirteen: Children of the Damned
Chapter Fourteen: Fool Me Once
Chapter Fifteen: A Few Good Men
Chapter Sixteen: There Goes the Neighborhood
Chapter Seventeen: Let the Right One In
Chapter Eighteen: Under Control
Chapter Nineteen: Miss Mystic Falls

Chapter One: Pilot

17.5K 342 102
By briannat23

Addison Gilbert POV*

I woke up to the sound of my beautiful, almost 4 month old daughter crying for the third time since I put her to bed at 10, which was the same time I went to bed.

I got up out of bed and walked over to her after I checked the time, 7, time to get ready. When I picked her up out of her crib, I started bouncing her, "You must be hungry hmm sweet pea?"

I then proceeded to feed her, and by the time she was done, it was 7:30. I put her in her little bouncer thing that I put in front of my bathroom door, and took a shower. After the shower I blow dried my hair and straightened it, then did really simple makeup.I went to my closet and picked out an outfit for both myself and Chloe. I got us both dressed and went downstairs to get some breakfast.

I went into the kitchen, where Jenna was at and smiled at her. She smiled back and took Chloe from my arms, "Look at you, don't you just look so cute today?" She then asked, "Did she sleep any better last night?"

I shook my head while pouring milk on my cereal, "No, but hopefully she'll nap a lot at daycare."

Jenna nodded and gave her back to me once I sat down. As I was getting around to finishing my cereal, Elena walked into the kitchen, kickstarting Jenna's worrying, "Toast. I can make toast."

Elena shook her head and told her, "It's all about the coffee, Aunt Jenna."

I nodded at her, "Very true."

As Elena had gotten me a coffee, and went to get her own Jeremy walked in and asked, "Is there coffee?" And took Elena's right out of her hands.

I laughed at the look Elena gave him before getting up and putting my bowl into the sink before Jeremy came in clutch and set Chloe's car seat on the table. I thanked him as Jenna was still freaking out, "Your first day of school and I'm totally unprepared. Lunch money?"

Jenna held her hand out with money in it, and Elena said, "I'm good." While on the other hand Jeremy snatched it right out of her hand, that bitch never had a chance.

Jenna was still going on as I started putting Chloe in the seat. Elena came over and started playing with the little blue eyed beauty as Jenna asked, "Anything else? A number two pencil? What am I missing?"

I looked at the calendar on the wall and asked, "Don't you have a big presentation thingy today?"

Jenna checked her watch, "I'm meeting with my thesis advisor at...now. Crap!"

Elena looked up from my baby, "Then go. We'll be fine."

I picked up the carrier as Elena asked Jeremy, "You okay?"

"Don't start." Jeremy snapped at her, then gave Chloe a kiss before patting my back on the way out.

Elena shook her head and asked, "Are you going to the grill tonight?"

I nodded, "Yeah, but I'll meet you there I have to work until 6:30 after school gets out."

She nodded and then a honk sounded outside. "That's Bonnie, see you at school."

"See ya," I shouted after her. I turned to shut the TV off and saw that there were two missing persons. Huh, that never happens in Mystic Falls.

I headed out to my car and securely put my baby girl into the backseat. I then got into the driver seat and drove to the daycare place. When I dropped Chloe off I told them I would be there around 2:30 and gave my girl a kiss before I got into the car and drove to school.

—~•+•~—

I walked in and saw Caroline hugging Elena right in front of our lockers. I heard her say, "How are you? Oh, it's so good to see you. How is she? Is she good?" As I was walking up to them.

"Caroline she's right there," I laughed out as I stopped by them.

Caroline hugged me as she did Elena, "Oh Addie, are you okay, how is Miss Chloe Mae, is she good, is she still getting big, wait that was a stupid question."

I nodded with a little smile on my face and told her, "She's perfect Care, still getting big and everything, and I'm also fine so thanks for asking."

"And I'm fine. Thank you," Elena told her, answering her previous questions.

"Really?" Care asked, still not believing her.

Elena nodded, "Yes. Much better."

The blonde girl muttered out, "Oh, you poor thing." And proceeded to hug her again.

"Okay, Caroline," Elena said while patting her back.

Care let her go and asked us, "Oh! Okay, see you guys later?"

Bonnie and I answered at the same time, "Okay. Bye!"

We looked at each other then back at Elena, "No comment," she told us as she shook her head smiling.

Bonnie and I both said, "We're not going to say anything. Okay you've gotta stop, no you stop!"

"How about you both stop," Elena said while putting a hand on each of our shoulders.

We started walking through the halls to Tanners class as Bonnie stopped us. "Hold up. Who's this?"

"All I see is back." Elena told her.

"It's a hot back."

I patted her back, "I totally agree with you Bon Bon."

She kept staring, "I'm sensing Seattle, and he plays the guitar."

I let out, "Oh, hot, very good Bon Bon."

"You're really going to run this whole psychic thing into the ground, huh?" Elena said shaking her head with a smile.

Bonnie smiled, "Pretty much."

Elena turned to me, "You gonna keep egging her on?"

"Yes ma'am," I nodded proudly.

Elena turned as she heard something, and told us, "I'll be right back."

I nodded and kept staring at hot back with Bonnie as she muttered to herself, "Please be hot."

He turned and walked out of the office smiling at us and I nodded, and told Bonnie when he passed, "Well he was definitely hot"

She nodded, "Come on, let's go."

We walked into history, and took our seats, soon Elena walked in and hot back followed her in after a few minutes.

When class started Tanner was going on about the towns history in the Civil War. I watched as Elena and hot back shared a couple glances at each other. I smiled and shook my head trying to listen to Tanner again.

I got distracted again by a text from Bonnie.

Bonnie wit da Bodie: HAWT-E. STARING @ Lena

Elena looked at her phone, then back at hot back then to the front again, so Bonnie must have texted her too.

I shook my head and looked back to the front, I need to pay attention, even if this is my favorite class.

—~•+•~—

After school I went to work and saw my beautiful baby, then fed her because it's what I do. My time at work was spent playing with the other kids until all of their parents came and soon enough it was 6:30, and I could get out of there a get some food into my system.

I got to the Grill at the same time Caroline and Bonnie did and I walked in with them after they stopped to wait for me to get Chloe.

As we walked in with Caroline holding Chloe, because she's a baby hog, she was telling us all about hot back, "His name is Stefan Salvatore. He lives with his uncle up at the old Salvatore Boarding House. He hasn't lived here since he was a kid. Military family, so they moved around a lot. He's a Gemini, and his favorite color is blue."

Bonnie looked up at her surprised as I rolled my eyes, of course she did, she's Caroline, "You got all of that in one day?"

"Oh, please, I got all that between third and fourth period," of course she did. "We're planning a June wedding."

She walked away, giving Chloe to Bonnie, to go talk to other people or something, I wasn't really paying attention.

As Bonnie and I were sitting together Matt came up to us. "How's Elena doing?" Well hi to you too blue eyes.

Bon Bon, forever the voice of reason told him, "Her mom and dad died. How do you think? She's putting on a good face, but it's only been four months."

"Has she said anything about me?" He asked us desperately.

Bonnie shook her head, "Oh, no. So not getting in the middle. You pick up the phone and call her."

"I feel weird calling her. She broke up with me." As he explained it to us Chloe started crying, giving me the que that she's hungry.

I took her from Bonnie and went into the girls bathroom after grabbing her diaper bag, to feed her.

After she was finished I walked out of the bathroom to what looked like a mini interrogation, as Care was intensely questioning Stefan, "So, you were born in Mystic Falls?"

I grabbed a seat as he answered, "Mm-Hmm. And moved when I was still young." As he spotted my baby he asked, "And who is this beautiful girl?"

I laughed and said, "My daughter Chloe, I'm Addison by the way, nice to meet you."

He nodded at me smiling as Bonnie then asked, "Parents?"

"My parents passed away." Well now I feel bad for the dude.

Elena grabbed his hand, "I'm sorry. Any siblings?" Awe, the twin and I share the feels.

Stefan shook his head, "None that I talk to. I live with my uncle."

Caroline, having enough of the get to know you stage asked, "So, Stefan, if you're new, then you don't know about the party tomorrow."

I nodded my head and Bonnie informed him, "It's a back to school thing at the falls."

"Are you going?" He asked straight to Elena, someone is definitely crushing on her.

Bonnie nodded, answering for Elena, "Of course she is."

We all then packed it up, and left, and by we all, I mean Chloe and I, because it was bed time and I wanted to at least have enough energy to get through tomorrow.

When I got home Jenna was watching some movie and waved at me as I went by. I went up to my room, gave Chloe a bath, and got her ready for bed. I put her down and proceeded to get ready for bed, passing out the second my head hit the pillow.

—~•+•~—

Last night wasn't too bad, my baby girl only woke up twice and I over all had enough sleep that getting up wasn't to big of a challenge. After getting myself ready and putting on clothes, I put Chloe into a nice little outfit before taking her to daycare.

After getting to school, I went to History. As class was going on Tanner started, "The Battle of Willow Creek took place right at the end of the war in our very own Mystic Falls. How many casualties resulted in this battle?" I was about to raise my hand before Tanner added, "Not asking you Addison, I know you know it. Ms. Bennett?

Bonnie looked up and tried to cute her way out of it, "Um...a lot? I'm not sure. Like a whole lot."

Tanner shook his head, "Cute becomes dumb in an instant, Ms. Bennett. Mr. Donovan? Would you like to take this opportunity to overcome your embedded jock stereotype?"

Matt shook his head, acting all cool, and leaned back, "It's okay, Mr. Tanner, I'm cool with it."

Tanner looked around and his eyes landed on, guess who, my twin sister. "Hmm. Elena? Surely you can enlighten us about one of the town's most significantly historical events?"

Elena shook her head, "I'm sorry, I--I don't know."

"I was willing to be lenient last year for obvious reasons, Elena. But the personal excuses ended with summer break." Wow, dick move Tanner, way to go, you're off my okay teachers list and onto the shit ones.

As I was about to answer the question, Stefan beat me to it, "There were 346 casualties. Unless you're counting local civilians."

Tanner nodded, "That's correct. Mister...?"

"Salvatore." Stefan told him.

"Salvatore. Any relation to the original settlers here at Mystic Falls?"

Stefan looked a little uncomfortable, "Distant."

Tanner nodded, "Well, very good. Except, of course, there were no civilian casualties in this battle."

I spoke up, "There was actually 27, Tanner."

Stefan added, "Confederate soldiers, they fired on the church, believing it to be housing weapons. They were wrong. It was a night of great loss. The founder's archives are, uh, stored in civil hall if you'd like to brush up on your facts, Mr. Tanner."

Tanner, irritated, let out a Hmm.

Please get with my sister, I love you already, three gold stars to Mr. hot back. Hello my new brother-in-law, welcome to the family.

—~•+•~—

I was laying in the living room, on the couch with my baby laying on my stomach while I watched some supernatural, man if I could get me some of Dean, or Sam, hey when it comes to Winchesters I'm not picky at all.

Elena came down the stairs and opened the door, walking out, I should probably be worried, but, supernatural.

A couple minutes later I heard Elena ask someone, "Would you like to come in?"

"Yes." Aw my boy Stefan.

As they walked in and started going up the stairs I called out, "Hey, no funny business!"

All I got as a reply were sounds of laughter coming from both of them, so they think I'm kidding.

Later I went upstairs to put myself and Chloe to bed. I peeked into Elena's room and saw her and Stefan were just talking. New brother-in-law smiled at me as I was peeking and I gave him a toothy grin back before leaving.

I went into my room and put down Chloe, then lied down, smiling thinking of how Elena might finally move on from our parents deaths.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 132 16
I don't know if this is right or not, it's been a terrible three years since I returned to Mystic Falls. I lost many of my family members, my ex-love...
95.1K 1.4K 191
Welcome to Mystic Falls, Virginia, a town steeped in rich history and tradition, which is quaint as long as it doesn't point to a tragic and sordid p...
296 19 9
Rachelle Gilbert is the Fraternal Twin of Elena Gilbert. The youngest twin of the two. Both Rachelle, and Elena are fun, and popular. Although Rach i...
389K 7.6K 67
Rosalie Marie Gilbert, the infamous identical twin sister to Elena Gilbert. She's been pulled into the world of vampires, werewolves, and witches eve...