Dolls

By bts34443

Nineteen years ago the popular boy band BTS goes missing. No suspects, no evidence and no leads were ever fou... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Final pt 1
Final pt 2
Epilogue

Part 8

746 46 16
By bts34443

I held the small bag holding the notebook in my left hand as my feet carried me down the hallway. There are three bathrooms in my grandparent's house. One in their room, another in the upstairs hallway and the last one down stairs. I opted for the downstairs one since it was the closest. As I rounded the last corner I saw the bathroom door open and Yoongi walk out. His head was down and his hands he had pulled into his pockets. My voice rang out his name and a surprised looked covered his face as he looked up, but in another moment his expression was gone.

"You're back" he said. His voice was neither warm and inviting, but it wasn't sad either. It was neutral and as I came to know, this was normal for him. I smiled and walked up to him.

"Ya, I just got back." I said, then pausing for a minute. "I got you something." His eyebrows raised, not believing what I just said.

"You got me something?" He asked, giving a small hint of curiousity. I nodded and handed him the bag.

"it's not much, but I know you wanted to start working on music, so I got you a notebook." I said, becoming a little embarrassed. I had never given a guy a gift before and I didn't want him to hate it. I looked away just as he took it out of the bag, the crinkling of the bag echoing in my ears. There was a deafening silence for a few seconds after and my stomach dropped after he didn't say anything. Does he not like it? I thought. A frown spread across my face and I reached out my hand to him. "It's okay if you don't like it. I can return it." I said, my head down. However, I didn't feel the weight of the notebook on my hand. I looked up curiously and saw Yoongi grasping the notebook, stunned. He slowly looked up at me and his lips spread into large smile. His smile alone caused my worry to disappear and had my heart beating like crazy. "Do you like it?" I asked again hesitantly.

"I love it." he said. He put the notebook in one hand and walked towards me. What is he doing? , but then he opened his arms and hugged me. I tensed up immediately, not expecting this reaction. My mind raced back to the last incident when we were this close and I had to shake my head to make the picture go away. Stop thinking about that! I thought angrily. Yoongi hands eventually loosen around me, letting go and we stepped away from each other. Yoongi smiled at me again.

"Thank you." He said, holding the notebook with two hands now. "This means a lot." I smiled at him, hoping that my face wasn't as flushed as I was hoping.

"No problem." I said. "I still feel a little sorry about yesterday so I wanted to make it up to you."

"Thank you." He said again, smiling. Yoongi looked at his notebook and flipped through the pages while I stood there for a second. I remembered at that moment that I still haven't told them that they have an interview.

"Oh, I almost forgot to tell you." I said. Yoongi looked back up at me, curiosity in his eyes once again. I paused for a minute, thinking it would be better to tell them all together.

"Actually it's better that I tell you guys all at once." I said. "That way I don't have to repeat myself."

"Oh, okay." Yoongi said, his head looked around and then he started to walk back to the living room where most of the guys were. When we walked in their eyes peered up at us for a minute before falling again, resuming what they were doing.

"Namjoon" I said, and his eyes looked back up at me. "I need to tell you, Yoongi and Hoseok something... Where's Hoseok?"

"He's in the kitchen" Namjoon said, and quickly called him over. Hoseok came walking in, confusion on his face to why he would be called for. I cleared my throat and told them that they all got an interview with the manager of the cafe. Hoseok's lip spread into an immediate smile and Namjoon and Yoongi joined him.

"really?" Hoseok asked amazed. I nodded and took out my phone to show them. "See" I said, holding the bright screen up to their faces. All three of them huddled around me and their eyes moved left to right reading the emails.

"We're finally going to get money!" Hoseok yelled, his hands flying into the air. I nodded excitedly.

"We can finally pay you back." Yoongi mumbled, straightening out his back after he read the email. I nodded as I put the phone back into my pocket.

"That's also true" I said, smiling. "I'm happy you guys got an interview. I sometimes worry that you guys will become depressed one of these days since you haven't found anything yet." Namjoon smiled at me and shook his head.

"That won't happen, but we appreciate your worry." He said.

"No problem..." I put my hands in my pockets and was going to sit down when I realized Taehyung wasn't in the room. "Is Taehyung in the kitchen?" I asked curiously.

"Ya, I was teaching him how to cook." Hoseok said proudly, his smile beaming.

"Really? Does he not know how to cook?" I asked, curiosity written on my face.

"Taehyung terrible at cooking." Yoongi said flatly. "I wouldn't eat his food if my life depended on it."

Harsh. How bad can it possibly be?

"I think I'm better going help him then." I said sighing, starting to head to the kitchen.

"You don't have too. I can do it." Hoseok said quickly  "you've cooked for us every day. We can cook, so u don't have to worry about it." He said, trying to make me sit down.

"You just said Taehyung couldn't cook." I said.

"Everyone can cook....except for Taehyung." Hoseok said, giving me a smile.

"it's really fine. You're probably tired." I said, shooing him off.

"Are you sure?" Hoseok asked.

"Ya."

"Well then we'll make it up too you. You shouldn't have to cook everyday." Hoseok said, looking at me. I nodded and entered the kitchen where Taehyung, as expected, was at the stove with a pan.

"hey Taehyung, what are you making?" I asked, walking right up to him.

"Some meat." He said causally. I looked down curiously and I swear I've never seen such over cooked meat in my life. I looked back at him, like what the hell was he thinking, but he just smiled at me. I can't believe it. He really can't cook.....

"Do you want to taste it?" He asked curiously. His hand reached down and opened the utensils bin and took out a fork. I looked at the burned meat again and then back at Taehyung. He looked so happy and I didn't want to break his spirits just yet, so I agreed. He stuck one of the pieces of meat on the fork and handed it to me. "Here" he said. I took it and regretfully put it my mouth. It wasn't seasoned and it was really overcooked, that I could barely chew it. After a minute of chewing the same piece I was finally able to swallow it, only to cough immediately afterwards

"Did it taste good?" Taehyung asked me happily. I looked up at him and felt bad since it was probably the worst piece of meat I've ever eaten. "So the guys told me you couldn't cook" I said hesitantly. Taehyung kept his goofy smile on and stirred the meat around.

"Ya, but the guys told me I should learn, so Hoseok was helping me until Namjoon called him over." He said. I reached my hand out and turned off the stove and took the pan from his hands slowly.

"You....shouldn't worry about cooking. I'll make something or one of the others guys can from now on." I said, giving him a smile so he wouldn't find out that no one would have eaten his meat even if they had too. I carefully set the meat somewhere, knowing that I would throw it away once he left.

"But I want to help." He said. His voiced held a bit of sadness and I felt even worse.

"You are...." I said trying to make him feel better "But you're tired from searching today. Go relax and congratulate Yoongi, Namjoon and Hoseok on getting a job interview." I said.

"They got the interview?" Taehyung said, perking up.

"Ya." I said happily

"I'll go congratulate them then." Taehyung said, walking off. Once he was gone I sighed loudly to myself and pinched the bridge of my nose. I eyed the terribly burned meat in the corner of my eyes and walked over and threw it in the trash. I sighed again and walked over to the drawers and took out another pan and started cooking. However, I realized that we didn't have a lot of food left so I made a mental note to tell my grandparents to go to the store later tonight. I took out the other package of meat we had when I heard my phone buzz in my pocket. I walked over to the stove and to set the meat down and took out my phone. Who would be texting me? I thought curiously. I looked at me screen and saw that a random number had messaged me. I raised my eyebrows confused and unlocked my phone, and went to my messages.

'Hi, it's Minhun' the screen read.

Minhun? I thought curiously, peering down at my messages. I quickly typed a 'hey' back and returned to preparing the meat. I wonder what he wants?

I reached my hand over to the left and grabbed a wooden spoon so I could stir the meat around and then grabbed some vegetables and salt and spices. I put them on the counter and was just about to cut the meat when my phone buzzed again. I took my phone out and looked at the screen. The message was from Minhun again

'Do you want to study together tomorrow?' He asked and I looked at the screen, taken back when my phone buzzed again. 'I need some help in math, so I was wondering if you could help me...' he added. I thought for a minute. Tomorrow I wanted to help the guys look around, but I guess Minhun, Jihee and I could work on math together later...

'sure. Where do you want to meet?' I typed back. It was awhile before Minhun typed back so I was able to finish cooking and made some rice and walked into the living room with the plates

"The food's ready." I said setting down the bowls and plates. The guys looked up, smiles on their faces and immediately thanked me. I could feel their appreciation and I smiled back at them. I looked around and saw that Yoongi still hadn't put the notebook down.

"Could one of you help me with the rest?" I asked curiously, pointing to the kitchen in back of me. I saw Jimin smirk for a second before sprinting up.

"I'll help." said Yoongi and Jimin at the same time, but Jimin was up already so he ended up assisting me.

"Ok" I said and both of us began to walk towards the kitchen with Jimin looking back at everyone briefly.

"Jimin." Yoongi called to him sternly, but Jimin ignored it and walked into the kitchen with me. I immediately keeled down and opened up a cabinet where we kept the larger bowls.

"So how was shopping today?" Jimin asked me after a minute.

"It was fine" I said casually, grabbing a bowl and standing up.

"We saw that you got Yoongi a notebook." He said and when I looked at him he had on this mischievous smile on. I knew where he was going to go with this immediately.

"It's not what you think." I said glaring at him. "I don't like him in that way."

Jimin finished putting the food in the bowl and looked at me. "You know he couldn't stop smiling when you left." He said, smirking at me.

"That's because he was happy he could write lyrics again." I said, grabbing the wooden spoon. Jimin shrugged, not looking like he agreed with me in the slightest bit and lifted up the bowl.

"Sure." He said, walking away and into the living room with his bowl. Once he was gone I turned back to the rice cooker, but Jimin's words kept repeating in my head for some reason.

He couldn't stop smiling after you left... He couldn't stop smiling... I stood there thinking it over and over until I realized it had been minutes after Jimin exited and the guys were probably wondering where I was. Ugh stop it! You don't like him that way I shook my head to get the words out of my mind. I violently grabbed the bowl and carried it into the living room where the guys were sitting.

"Sorry it took so long." I said, setting the rice down and sitting next to Jimin, which was where the only open seat was.

"That's fine. We were going to wait for you anyway." Namjoon said smiling.

"Thanks for making us food again." Yoongi said, and I nodded back.

"It's no problem." I said.

"I'll make you something tomorrow to thank you." Jin said happily.

"really? thank you." I smiled at Jin and then turned to Jimin. "Is he a better cook than Taehyung?" I whispered a little worried. Jimin laughed covering his mouth with his hand and whispered back to me.

"Don't worry Jin actually good at cooking." He said. I smiled relieved and looked up seeing that Yoongi was staring at us. I quickly looked away and started to eat with the other guys. Yoongi eyes didn't linger long before resuming to eat, but my mind replayed the same sentence again.

He couldn't stop smiling after you left...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.2K 378 24
And then, she was gone. ~ /012416/
39.1K 2.1K 36
(COMPLETED)She went missing and no one batted an eye. Leaving the seven loves of her life to take matters into their own hands. #2/76 ot7xreader 10/1...
343K 18.1K 66
Jimin couldn't wait until the day that he found his mate, only it wasn't anything like he had expected. - Highest rankings 1st #btsjimin 6/2/22