Undeniably | ✓

By sharnahespinosa

| Highest ranking : #3 in Teen Fiction | | Highest ranking : #20 in Romance | | Highest ranking : #1 in Teen... More

Undeniably in love with the bad boy
Cast/Characters
Chapter One| Gracie
Chapter Two| Like Dead
Chapter Three| You're really comfy
Chapter Four| Cute boys & pizza
Chapter Five| Spit it out babe
Chapter Six| I'm pregnant
Chapter Seven| Rosie's diner
Chapter Eight| See you round cutie
Chapter Nine| Come get your friend, he's annoying
Chapter Ten| Sorry that's not on the menu
Chapter Twelve| Nothing about me is little
Chapter Thirteen| You owe me
Chapter Fourteen| They're attached like damn glue
Chapter Fifteen| Shut up nerd
Chapter Sixteen| He's mine
Chapter seventeen| A ball flew into my head
Chapter Eighteen| Poor salad
Chapter Nineteen| I'm sure if I was in your bed your legs wouldn't be closed
Chapter Twenty| Somewhere you're not
Chapter Twenty One| Baby steps
Chapter Twenty Two| The bad boy took me to the beach
Chapter Twenty Three| Egotistical Jerk
Chapter Twenty Four| Caleb's going to kill me
Chapter Twenty Five| Detective Grace
Chapter Twenty Six| You're both whipped
Chapter Twenty Seven| You wanna play this game?
Chapter Twenty Eight| Go take a cold shower
Chapter Twenty Nine| There's no harm in that, Gracie
Chapter Thirty| Take your clothes off
Chapter Thirty One| It was a mistake
Chapter Thirty Two| I told you i'd win for you
Chapter Thirty Three| Friends
Chapter Thirty Four| Can I kiss you?
Chapter Thirty Five| I kind of wanna kiss you again
Chapter Thirty Six| Just friends
Chapter Thirty Seven| You have groupies
Chapter Thirty Eight| Gray Gray
Chapter Thirty Nine| Pinky promise
Chapter Forty| Boys have cooties
Chapter Forty One| Gracie, baby
Chapter Forty Two| Boy space friend
Chapter Forty Three| I love the way that sounds, baby
Chapter Forty Four| Round two?
Chapter Forty Five| Was he big?
Chapter Forty Six| Can I drive this car off a cliff?
Chapter Forty Seven| Those chips look good
Chapter Forty Eight| That's my girl
Chapter Forty Nine| My bed will be cold without you
Chapter Fifty| My Girlfriend
Chapter Fifty One| Not right now Gray
Chapter Fifty Two| This ones a keeper
Chapter Fifty Three| Roses are red, violets are blue
Chapter Fifty Four| Grayson's going to love it
Chapter Fifty Five| My little angel
Chapter Fifty Six| Only for you baby
Chapter Fifty Seven| Prom?
Chapter Fifty Eight| Hey, I liked those!
Chapter Fifty Nine| How's Taylor treating him?
Chapter Sixty| I love you
Chapter Sixty One| I love you too
Chapter Sixty Two| Where's the rest of it?
Chapter Sixty Three| Eli and Hunter
Chapter Sixty Four| I thought it was a shark
Chapter Sixty Five| You're doing great sweetie
Chapter Sixty Six| Baby girl
Chapter Sixty Seven| Merry Christmas
Chapter Sixty Eight (Part One)| New York
Chapter Sixty Eight (Part Two)| New year
Chapter Sixty Eight (Part Three)| New year, same sex
Chapter Sixty Nine| Please don't leave
Epilogue
Bonus chapter
My Other Works
Please Read!

Chapter Eleven| Did he just try kiss me?

221K 4.8K 6.8K
By sharnahespinosa

"There's something 'bout you

That's got me

That's got me dazed and confused

From the day I met you"

-Ruel

Status: unedited

I ran down the stairs, my converse scuffing against each step causing an echo throughout my quiet house.

This morning I had made sure to get myself up early and attempt to be organised, I think my attempt was successful as it's only eight and I'm completely ready.

Not bothering to have breakfast, I walked out the front door and as expected, Taylor was waiting in the driveway but this time she thankfully didn't have a scowl plastered on her face.

I pulled the door open before jumping into the passenger seat then shutting it behind me, "You're early," she said, not bothering to hide the shock in her voice.

"Well after you going psycho the other day, I thought I'd get up early to prevent you yelling again," she rolled her eyes at my comment, continuing to drive.

"I'll tell you about it another time, it's nothing bad." She gave me a smile, I could tell it was fake though, it didn't quite reach her eyes.

"I'm here whenever you want to talk," I reassured her, she gave me an appreciative smile.

After an abbreviated period of time we, unfortunately, arrived at school, she parked her small car in a car park before we hopped out.

I noticed her gaze frozen on a specific place, more so a specific person, I couldn't tell why she was looking so hurt or lost. I looked in the direction she was looking, near the steps, the popular group were crowded around the steps, a few cheerleaders leaning against the railing on each side of the stairs, a few jocks staring at their exposed legs and lack of clothing.

Seated on the steps was Blake, I clenched my fists as I noticed he had a girl on his lap, more specifically, Avery and just to make it even worse, there was some other random cheerleader next to him, twirling her ginger hair in an attempt to be seductive.

I directed my gaze back to Taylor who looked like she was trying to keep her hardest to keep herself together, "Tay, are you alright?" I pulled her out of her thoughts.

Almost in an instant, she covered any previous emotion relevant on her features, "Totally!" she smiled, the corners of her lips curling up into a sickly fake smile.

I'm not falling for it this time.

"Why is there a chick on your boyfriend's lap?" she bit the inside of her cheek as if she didn't know what to say.

"You know Blake," she giggled, "Every girl wants him,"

I nodded my head slowly, "Yeah. . I can see that," I replied with a very unsure tone.

I looked back over to Blake and noticed that Avery was no longer on his lap, she was standing next to my brother who had his arm securely around Meredith's waist.

Before I knew it, I was being dragged towards the steps by a quite frankly very jealous Taylor, she can try to hide her emotions all she wants but she's almost the easiest person to read. Lucky for me I'm being dragged into all of this, literally.

"Hey, babe," Taylor said sweetly as she sat down on her boyfriend's lap, where another girl had been just minutes ago.

He wrapped his arms around her, "Hey, baby."

How can you stand there and watch some girl who doesn't know what a dress code is, sit on your boyfriend's lap? I'd beat her ass.

I continued walking up the stairs, knowing Taylor is fine and definitely isn't getting off his lap anytime soon plus I don't want to be standing around awkwardly by myself well everyone conversates.

I was almost at the top of the stairs when a foot came out of nowhere, preventing me from taking another step. I was halfway to the floor and my body had already dragged my hands up in front of my face to protect me, shortly after I felt my body made contact with the asphalt, my knees scraping across the ground, the stinging kicking in immediately.

I stood and wiped my hands down, composing myself and trying to make myself unseen as I noticed the people who stood around me; Most laughed, others were a little shocked and I was more than embarrassed. I notice one specific person laughing more than others; Avery. Her hands covering her mouth as she laughed hysterically, I noticed she was wearing the same bright pink heals that had tripped me.

Of course, she tripped me.

I stared down at the deep red blood trickling down my right knee.

I pushed away the feeling of embarrassment that had caused a red blush to appear on my cheeks as I continued walking into the school, making sure to give Avery one last look before I enter the double doors. I narrowed my eyes, shaking my head disappointedly as she stared back at me with a bitchy smirk.

She's never given me a single ounce of attention and probably doesn't even know my name, why the hell did she have to trip me?

I began making my way to the girl's amenities, the blood leaking further down my calf with each limp.

I almost reached the toilets when two large hands were firmly planted on my waist, pulling me back so I was unable to enter the restrooms.

I turned around to see Shawn's sorrow-filled expression, "Are you okay?" he asked worriedly.

I nodded, an uncertain expression on my face, "Yeah, I'm fine. . ." I trailed off, "Just a little embarrassed and angry," I admitted, a light flush of red burning at my cheeks as I replayed the amused faces surrounding me when I fell.

"Avery's a bitch," I nodded, I've never heard something truer, "I don't know why she'd ever want to hurt you," he took a step closer to me, so I was now pushed up against the lockers.

I looked up at him, his dark chocolate brown eyes showing happiness, maybe even adoration?

"Uh, yeah me either," I breathed as his large pale hand reached out to stroke my heated cheek, his thumb rubbing it back and forth.

He licked his lips before slowly leaning forward, I placed my small hands on his chest before gently pushing him back.

He looked down at me, he's doesn't hide his emotions very well. I could tell by his furrowed eyebrows and parted lips, he was taken back, maybe even embarrassed.

Was he going to kiss me?

"Shit, Grace." He ran a hand through his curly brown locks, "I'm sorry,"

I shook my head, "No, I'm sorry. . ."

I didn't mean to reject him by any means, I've only known him for two weeks and we only speak here and there at school, he's nice and extremely adorable but I don't want to give my first kiss to a boy I barely know.

"I shouldn't have done that," he said angrily.

I shook my head, "No, it's fine." I reassured him, but he wasn't taking it, he seemed stressed.

"It's not, we barely know each other, that was stupid," he sighed, "Fuck,"

"Shawn, stop getting so worked up, it was just a misunderstanding, I don't mind," I looked up at him, giving him a small smile.

He tilted his head to the side, "Promise?"

I nodded, "I promise."

That seemed to relax him as his shoulders relaxed, his posture became more slouched as he released a sigh of relief.

He looked down at my knee, "Shit, I forgot about your knee, come on," he began dragging me to the total opposite side of the school.

"What're you doing?" I asked, worried as I noticed everyone began emptying the halls, scattering off to their classes, I didn't even notice the bell had rung.

"Taking you to the nurse's office," he stated as we neared a blue door with a sign on it saying "Nurse's office"

I pulled my hand from his grasp, "No, I'm fine, really." I told him, and I was being honest, it's just a graze I was going to rinse it with a bit of water and dab it with a paper towel and I'd be fine, I don't need to go to the nurse's office.

"Please," he stopped, giving me a pout along with puppy dog eyes, "It's the least I can do,"

I rolled my eyes, "Fine,"

He grinned, before pulling me into the nurse's office, considering I've been at this high school for five years, I've never once been in here, you'd think considering how clumsy I am, I would have been by now.

The walls are blue like the door except the door is a dark more navy blue whereas the walls are more a lighter, pastel or baby blue, it's probably supposed to have a calming effect although, to be honest I'm kind of overwhelmed with color, more so blue. There was a small bed-like couch against the wall with a pale, probably well-used blanket and a few plain chairs.

Shawn walked up to the window where a woman was seated behind, glasses resting on the edge of her nose, "How can I help you, hun?" She asked Shawn.

"My friend's knee is bleeding," he stated, nodding towards me.

She sat up looking over to me, more specifically my knee, "Take a seat," She smiled before walking away from the window and coming through one of the doors.

I sat down on one of the unoccupied chairs, staring down at my leg, the blood wasn't too much but it had made its way down my leg, almost getting blood on my black converse.

The nurse kneeled down in front of me, a small first aid kit resting on the floor in front of her, she wiped the blood off carefully with a wet paper towel before getting out a cotton pad and dabbing some alcohol on it, "This might hurt it a little, but it will prevent it from getting infected," she inquired me, I nodded.

She began dabbing it on the graze on my knee which was actually a lot bigger then I thought, it covered almost my entire knee, it was deepest towards the bottom, the graze fading as it neared the top of my knee. I winced as the alcohol came into contact with my exposed skin.

She made sure to be as gentle as possible and it was shortly over with, she pulled a band-aid out of the box, "No, I don't need a band-aid," I told her.

"If I don't put one on it, it could get infected regardless of the fact I put alcohol on it, I'm going to put it on for now and you can take it off in two to three days depending on how tender you knee feels," I nodded, I'll pull it off later. I hate band-aids, the longer they stay on the more stuck they get and ripping them off hurts like a female dog.

She carefully put the band-aid on my graze, making sure to smooth out the edges to prevent it from coming off before standing up and putting her kit back away. She walked back through the door before quickly jotting down on a ripped piece of paper.

"Here we go," she passed it to me.

I grabbed it, "Thank you," I said appreciatively.

She smiled at me warmly before me and Shawn headed out.

"Oh, she didn't write you one," I said not wanting him to get in trouble.

He chuckled, "Nah, it's fine. I have a spare."

"Ohh," I replied, "Well thank you for making sure I was okay and everything, but I better get to class," I turned on my heal about to walk away when his hands were placed on my waist for the second time today.

"Wait," he said, "Wanna hang out sometime?" he asked nervously.

I tried to hide my shocked expression, "Like as in a date?" I replied but then wanted to punch myself in the face immediately after, he didn't even mention a date. Gosh, I'm dumb.

"Yeah, like a date," he laughed at my awkwardness.

I thought for a second, I mean why not, I've never been on a date before plus I did say I barely know Shawn, so this could be a good opportunity to get to know him a lot better.

"Yeah, sure." I smiled.

"Really?" he replied, "I mean, oh yeah cool."

I laughed rolling my eyes, "When and where?" I asked.

He thought for a second, "I didn't think that far. ." I laughed, he's such an idiot, "I'll let you know though," I nodded.

"I really need to go now Shawn. . ." I bit my lip, feeling bad as I didn't want to leave him, but I was running extremely late, the class is almost over.

He nodded his head, "Bye, cutie." He said with that damn nickname.

I rolled my eyes, "Bye, Shawn." I began walking off.

I was halfway down the corridor when Shawn yelled out to me, "Don't fall over!"

I rolled my eyes, "Oh shut up!" I yelled back, I could hear his laugh echoing through the halls.

I continued walking to class, a small smile playing on my lips.

After what felt like seconds, I arrived at my class, pushing the wooden door as I entered.

As soon as I entered the classroom, all eyes were on me including Grayson's dumb yet beautiful green eyes.

I walked over to the teacher's desk, handing the note to her. She skimmed her eyes over it quickly before nodding her head, as if saying I can sit down now. I thanked her before walking to my desk, not bothering to do work because the bell is going to go in ten minutes or so, plus it doesn't look like anyone else is doing anything except talking.

"Shit, are you okay?" Grayson asked, referring to my leg.

I nodded, "Yeah, fine." I assured him.

He rested his gaze on the big white band-aid on my knee, "What happened?"

"Oh, uh someone tripped me," I told him.

He looked at me weirdly, "Who?" he asked as he ran a hand through his silky brown hair that always sits so perfectly parted on his head, one strand always resting on the side of his forehead.

"Just some girl. . " I replied, not really wanting to tell him it was Avery.

"What girl?" he asked.

"What's with all the questions?" I asked.

He smirked, "Nothing, just curious."

I nodded, amused, "It was Avery." I blurted.

He snapped his head towards me, "What?"

"It was Avery. . Who tripped me."

He furrowed his eyebrows confused, probably wondering the same thing as me; why did she trip me. I guess the most logical answer would be that she's Avery, she's popular, she's rich, she can do whatever she wants and somehow never gets in trouble for it. She's never really acknowledged me, but I've seen the way she treats her "friends" which she doesn't have many of, just Meredith and this other girl I think her name is Olivia, she pushes them around and make them do everything for her.

I was snapped out of my thoughts as the bell rung, Grayson was very fast to get out of the class, as was I. I just wanted to get to my next class and get today over with.

***

Thank you so much for reading!

Kind of boring chapter so I'm sorryyyy, but I wonder where Shawn is going to take her for her date and when 😉

Make sure you press the star x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69.1K 940 31
Enemies to lovers❤️ Imagine if your worst enemy would move in RIGHT NEXT TO YOUR HOUSE? This book about Grayson and Isabella will tell you how she ex...
4.3K 276 8
"I kissed a boy just to start shit," he murmured into my ear, nibbling on the lobe slightly, just enough to set my deepest desires aflame. I squirme...
520K 8K 52
Cove Bentley. River Smith. Two complete opposites. While Cove has lots of friends, a great personality and an innocent aurora; River is cold, reserve...
1.5M 42.2K 54
We've all heard about 'the main character'. The type of person who lives through the most dramatic and improbable situations, and finds the kind of e...