I'll Find A Way *A Captain Am...

By kTBrooke1

"Steve, maybe Fury's right. Maybe Violet is dea-" "Romanoff, I'm going to find her. I am. I'll... More

Chapter One: Empty Bedsheets
Chapter 2: He's A Hero
Chapter 3: In Your Sleep
Chapter 4: I love you Stevie!
Chapter 5: Disadvantages
Chapter 6: My Best Friend Thor
Chapter 7: Hard Fists and Soft Lips
Chapter 8: Something's Off
Chapter 9: I Need A Hero
Chapter 11: Searching For Violet Part II
Chapter 12: I'm Alive
Chapter 13: I'll Find A Way
Chapter 14: Those Who Answer The Call
Chapter 15: Fighting For Her Life
Chapter 16: Saving Violet
Chapter 17: What? What?
Chapter 18: In Reality You Shouldn't
Chapter 19: Going Home!
Chapter 20: Cap's Intuition
Chapter 21: Strange Things
Chapter 22: Love In The Shower
Chapter 23: Telling Natahsa Off
Chapter 24: She Deserves Better
Chapter 25: Growing Pains
Chapter 26: What The Avengers Are Doing
Chapter 27: To Face What She has Done
Chapter 28: What Is It?
Chapter 29: She's WHAT?
Chapter 30: She's WHAT? pt. II
Chapter 31: Steve Talking To Jr.
Chapter 32: Hydra's Doing
Chapter 33: Thor's Back
Chapter 34: Thor Finds Out
Chapter 35: Life Or Death
Chapter 36: Our Son
Chapter 37: My Blue
Chapter 38: The Council's Proposal
Chapter 39: I Smell A Rat
Chapter 40: Fury's Warning
Chapter 41: The Pain A Mother Bare's
Chapter 42: Doing What He Sees Is Right
Chapter 43: SHIELD
Chapter 44: A Serum?
Chapter 45: It Must Be HYDRA
*~Sequeal~*
Sequeal Chapter One!

Chapter 10: Searching For Violet

6K 145 3
By kTBrooke1

(Reader's POV)

                     The sound of Pepper's heels clicking against the floorboard echoes through the room. Tony is working to advance one of his Ironman suits. He needs to be prepared when the time comes. When he sees Pepper walking towards him, he can't help but notice how concerned she looked.
                      "Pepp—" Tony starts to say
                      "I just got a weird call." Pepper says confused, "Violet's friend, Charity, called on Violet's cellphone and said that your daughter was freaking out and puking in the Museum bathroom."
                      Tony shares her confused look, going back to his work. "Did she look sick this morning before she rushed out?"
                       "No, but she hasn't eaten anything since lunch yesterday." Pepper says, "What if she's relapsing, Tony?"
                       Tony looks up at her seriously, shaking his head. A small amount of fear pegs at his heart. It's bad enough Violet lost her mother and was alone when it happened. But she can't go back to anorexia. She was put in the hospital last time, that's how he found her.
                       "No, she's too smart for that." Tony says, "Violet's not like me."
                       "Her friend said that she looked like she was going to pass out before she rushed to the bathroom." Pepper crosses her arms, "Tony, I think you need to get her—"
                       Suddenly, the sound of thunder cracks in the air. Tony shrugs it off, thinking it is Thor. But Thor wouldn't fly off in the building though, and if he was, Tony would kill him. The ground begins to shake, the lights flicker off and on. Tony grabs Pepper and pushes her under the equipment table as the building shakes uncontrollably. Tony sticks out his hand and the Ironman suit flies to him, building the metal armor around him. Another builds around Pepper as the building comes crashing down. They fly out of the glass window, shards of glass flying everywhere. Hail falls from the sky like rain. If the raindrops were solid and the size of a solid tennis balls, that is.
The Hulk comes crashing out of the building, as does a crack of lightening. Tony and Pepper fly to the ground where Thor and the Hulk landed.
"Hulk! Thor! Where's Rogers and the two assassins?" Tony demands, worried about his fellow colleagues.
Suddenly, Jarvis's voice rings through the suit.
"Mr. Stark, you have a phone call from—" Jarvis starts
"Not now, Jarvis! Save the message for later." Tony looks around for his 3 missing colleagues. "We got Kim Possible and Ron Stoppable to find, along with Captain Grandpa."
"Got eyes on you, Stark." Clint's voice echoes through the suit.
Tony lets go a breathe of relief. "Where are you guys?"
"We were test driving the helicrafter with Cap when the sky turned to shit." Clint says, "We're going to land now. The helicrafter can't take much more of the hail."
Tony turns to the Hulk and Thor. "Barton and Romanoff are landing!"
The billionaire genius turns to Pepper, whose in another Ironman suit.
"Go to the new house, Pepper! You'll be safe!" Tony exclaims
"What about Violet?" Tony's blood runs cold.

After 20 minutes had passed, the sky cleared up. The hail had stopped and the aftermath was much, much worst. Thor assumed it was from one of the 9 realms. The city was dead, most civilians fled the city or is in hiding. The Avengers helped the citizens out of the city to someplace safe while Stark Industries helped clean up the tragic mishap. Through all the ruin, they all split up to find one person. Violet.
After hours of searching, the Avengers sit in the helicrafter. They watch the news. It was only New York that was hit with the hail and crashing planes, Florida got hit by a tsunami. And everything that touches the Pacific Coast got hit by a hurricane. Several people in the USA are dead because of the random acts of nature. Thor said he would go to the 9 realms and find out what happened after they find Violet. Tony calls her several times, hoping she would answer. Then he calls the school, no answer. Then it dawns on Tony that Violet went on a field trip that day. The team goes to the Museum of Art and Science. Several people are crowded there. When the Avengers appear, the crowd cheers.
"Violet!" Tony shouts over the crowd, "Violet Rose Stark!"
"Stark!" Thor calls to the genius billionaire.
The team all gathers around Thor and a young girl around Violet's age. She shivers from the cold, her face bruised and bloody. She tugs her purple jacket closer to her, her dark hair swaying in the wind.
"What happened?" Tony's helmet reveals his face.
"We had a break before lunch" the girl pants, still shook from the tragedy "Violet and I went into the dark room. Violet was acting weird. Really weird. Then she ran out" the girl lets out a shaky breath "and then that's when it all happened." Tears fall down the girls cheeks, Thor puts a hand on the girls shoulder for comfort "We all rushed out so quickly—I thought I was going to die."
Steve and Tony connects eyes. "Thank you—"
"Charity Chasm." She sniffs.
The team helps the small group of people out of the city. Tony searches through the streets for any sign of Violet. The backstreets and alleyways are destroyed, along with the apartments and penthouses.

The Avengers rush into SHIELD. Nick Fury, head of SHIELD headquarters, waits for the, in a conference room.
"Thor, you need to head to the 9 realms and see if this mishap had anything to do with them guys up there." Nick says seriously, leaning back in his chair. "It was smart to get all the people out of New York. I wish so many hadn't died."
"We have to find Violet." Steve says, whose been wracking his brain from not knowing where his girlfriend is.
"Cap, we have bigger issues than one person." Nick says, "There's millions of missing people who are presumed dead at this point."
                          "That one person is my daughter." If looks could kill, Nick would be on the floor. "And I have no clue where she is, or if she's hurt."
                           "Tony, I understand where you're coming from. I do, but if she's missing, along with millions of other people, she's presumed dead at this moment." Nick says in a gentler tone.
                          The Avengers team shifts uncomfortably at the thought of Violet being dead. Nick looks between the team, seeing their uncomfortable faces. He looks back at Tony, whose eyes are like bullets.
                          "Why don't you call her?" Nick suggest.
                           "We've tried that already. It goes straight to voicemail." Bruce chimes in, thinking of another way to find Violet.
                           Tony's phone chimes echo throughout the room. They all look at him with a small hope in their eyes. Tony looks over his shoulder at his suit.
                          "Jarvis, who just called?" Tony says annoyed.
                          "Miss Potts, sir." The hope does in the room, "Would you like to hear that voicemail from earlier?"
                          "No," Tony says over his shoulder, looking to the others "Probably a business meeting call."
                          "Jarvis, who sent the message? I'm just curious." Natasha says with a look in her eye, Clint gives her a questionable look.
                          "I'm sorry, Miss Romanoff, but I can only give Mr. Stark his messages." Jarvis says politely.
                           "It's alright, Jarvis. Who was the message from?" Tony rubs his eyes tiredly, annoyed.
                           "The 11 o'clock message was from Miss Stark."
                           The room goes dead silent.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 47 13
thantophobia; (n.) the phobia of loosing someone you love. "I was conceived during a one night stand." 6 months after the Battle of New York, Tony S...
137K 2.8K 22
-This book is being made available in Spanish on my profile- *All characters and their rights belong to Marvel* The Sokovia Accords have spiralled th...
93.5K 1.6K 60
• CURRENTLY EDITING THIS STORY TO MAKE IT A BIT BETTER IG • ~ Follow our favourite Russian spy's story on how she decided to make a huge decision tha...
20.7K 827 18
My name is Brandy Barton. I am 25 years old and I have two assassins as parents. They're not my biological parents though, Bruce banner is. About 10...