I'll Be There (Peter Parker x...

By hollandersstans

You are a 17-year-old girl with extremely powerful magic that you don't even know to what extents it can go... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Author's note
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Author's Note
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Author's Note
Small announcement
IM 100% WRITING A SEQUEL. FINALLY.
THE SEQUEL IS UP!!!

Chapter 11

15.7K 421 993
By hollandersstans

*3rd person P.O.V.*

You throw yourself on the bed looking at the ceiling thinking how this is going to be your new home until who knows when. Home... you never had that, it made you feel happy and scared at the same time. Staying here meant having to open up to the Avengers, building relationships,... but you were willing to go through that, because part of you knew this was the best thing that had ever happened to you. At least this way Hydra wouldn't be able to get ahold of you.

You stand up looking around your new bedroom, amazed by its size and its high-tech decoration. Your large bed was put against the middle of a wall with night stands at both sides. There was a modern wardrobe and desk next to a large window, which occupied a whole wall with views to all of Manhattan. It was truly beautiful... Tony had told you to wait and settle yourself in your room while he had a meeting with the rest of the team, announcing the news. Part of you didn't really care what they thought, but another part wanted to prove to them that you were worth it. He also said that someone would come pick you up for lunch, where you will meet all the Avengers, and you secretly hope it will be Peter.

*Peter's P.O.V.*

I don't know why, but I was so happy that y/n was joining the Avengers, now we'll be able to spend much more time together, but why am I so excited really?

We walk inside the living room where all the other Avengers and Guardians are waiting and chatting amongst themselves.

"I have an announcement to make." Mr. Stark says. "This might come as a shock to most of you, and as something negative as well, but you have to trust me on this. Y/n will be joining the Avengers." everybody looks at him in shock, until Clint starts laughing.

"That's funny." he says while laughing, until he sees Mr. Stark looking at him in a serious expression. "Wait, you're joking, right?"

"No, I'm not. I know that you don't want her to join, but she's not an enemy. She's lost, she has nowhere to go, and Hydra is still looking for her. We can either help her and have her on our side, or let Hydra take her, make her suffer, and have her as an actual enemy. It's up to you." Mr. Stark says. The room falls silent for a few seconds, until Wanda speaks up.

"He's right. Yeah, she's tried to kill us, but she was trying to escape. She has never known any kind of protection, so she thought we would do the same that Hydra did to her." Wanda says.

"Thank you." Mr. Stark says exaggerating his movements. "So, does everyone agree?"

They all slowly nod their heads, some more sure than others.

"She's in her room right now, and she's gonna have lunch with us so she can meet everyone. I know we all usually have lunch at different times and not all together, but let's make an effort this time." Mr. Stark says. "Gamora, can you please go get y/n and bring her down here?"

"Why me?! She might try to kill me again." Gamora says.

"Hey, don't worry, if she tries something on you, I'll be there to protect you, baby." Quill says, putting his hand on her knee.

"I think I might throw up." Sam says and Gamora rolls her eyes.

"Fine, I'll go." she says as she stands up and exits the room.

*3rd person P.O.V*

You were sitting on a large black sofa right next to the window, gazing at the jungle city of buildings, you had never seen New York from this point of view, and you loved it.

A knock on the door startled you, snapping you out of your daydreaming. You quickly fixed your hair and clothes in the mirror, thinking it was Peter behind the door. You didn't know why you felt like you needed to look good to meet him, but you still did it. Little did you know it wasn't him behind the door. When you opened the door, your smile dropped turning into a frown when you saw Gamora.

"What are you doing here?" you ask incriminatingly.

"I have to bring you down for lunch so you can meet the team. Tony told us to give you a second chance so you should take it. Let's start over." She says offering you a handshake. "I'm Gamora, I would say it's nice to meet you, but it really isn't." she says with a fake 'I'm sorry' expression. You reject her handshake and walk past her not really knowing where you're going. She quickly catches up to you and leads the way.

You were both standing in the elevator in an awkward silence which felt like forever.

"Are you an Avenger? Cause I've never heard of you." you say breaking the silence.

"No. I'm a Guardian of the Galaxy, at least that's what Quill says we are." she says, and you laugh making fun of the name.

"Listen well little girl" she says, clearly offended by your laugh. "There are a lot of things you don't know, so stop acting like you know everything, when you really don't." she says in a dominant tone.

"Bitch..." you mumble quietly, but loud enough for her to hear you.

"Excuse me?! If anything you're the bitch here. You tried to kill me and everyone on our team! We're giving you a second chance and you're too proud to take it because of your arrogance. What the hell is wrong with you?!" she says.

The elevator doors open, revealing everyone from the Avengers and the Guardians, who quickly turn around to look at you, but you don't notice, and you keep fighting with Gamora.

"I only tried to kill you because you people were attacking me, and I was trying to escape! It's called self-defence. I might not know everything, but I've been through things you definitely don't wanna know! So shut the fuck up!" you scream at her, being extremely angry and heated.

You see her look at you before turning her head in direction of outside the elevator. You look at her confused before looking outside the elevator too. You see everyone looking at you with a surprised look, including Peter. Your face becomes surprised too, and Gamora steps out of the elevator. It takes you a few seconds to react and you step out of the elevator, slightly embarrassed.

"So... this is y/n!" Tony says patting your back.

"Hello..." you say with an innocent smile. People start standing up to greet you. You awkwardly meet each of them, recognising most faces. Steve Rogers, Bucky Barnes, Sam Wilson, Dr. Strange, Bruce Banner, even Wanda, who you weren't too happy to meet again. Then Clint Barton approaches you.

"Hi, I'm Clint, you might know me as Hawkeye." you shake his hand and he strongly grips your wrist pulling you close to him as he whispers: "Keep swearing like that, Steve hates it, which is what makes it so great." you giggle a little at his comment as you catch a glimpse of Peter, who is staring at Clint with a frown.

"Wow, I didn't know she could do that." a man that you don't recognise says.

"Do what?" you ask confused.

"Laugh" he says and you roll your eyes. "I'm Peter Quill." he says.

"Oh are you part of that group with a ridiculous name? The Guardians of the Galaxy was it?" You say with a smirk. You hear lots of people laughing.

"What? It's not ridiculous. I'm gonna let that comment slip though." he says, and you smile at him. He seems nice, compared to most of the team. You finish meeting the rest of the team: James Rhodes, Scott Lang, Loki, Thor, T'Challa, Vision, Mantis, and Drax. You also met two other members of the Guardians, whose appearance shocked you, even more than Drax's and Mantis's.

"I'm Rocket, the strongest Guardian." a raccoon looking creature says.

"Is this for real?" you ask, pointing at him and looking at the rest of the team while raising an eyebrow.

"What is?" he asks confused.

"Why do you look like a raccoon?"

"FOR THE HUNDREDTH TIME, I AM NOT A RACCOON! YOU UGLY HUMAN BEING!" Rocket starts yelling, clearly pissed off. That's when Quill comes in and makes him calm down.

"I don't think she's ugly, on the contrary..." Peter starts saying, but he stops talking when everyone looks at him and they all chuckle a little bit. You blush a little. Then a tree looking creature comes up to you.

"I am Groot." he says.

"I'm y/n. Are you a Guardian too?" You ask.

"I am Groot" he says again, and you're confused.

"What?..."

"He's saying yes."  Quill says.

"Oh..." you say.

"Alright, so now that you've met everyone, let's go have lunch!" Tony says, as he leaves the room with most of the Avengers. You stand there waiting for everyone to leave so you can walk behind them, but Peter comes close to you and starts talking.

"You did great." he says.

"On what? Meeting everyone?" You ask raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah, that must have been hard for you."

"Not really, I'm just not a social person, due to my lack of human contact in my life." you say shrugging your shoulders.

"Well, you have me to talk to whenever you need to." he says smiling as he puts his arm around your shoulders, you smile back.

"If you two lovebirds are done flirting, we should get going." Scott says walking past you, T'Challa follows him laughing at his comment.
You blush and you quickly let go of Peter's arm, walking towards the dining room, as Peter walks behind you in an awkward silence.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51.3K 3.6K 23
Currently #1 in Niqabi.
261K 7.3K 15
Ever since I was little my favorite stories were those of forbidden loves. Being with the one you loved would be all that mattered in a forbidden lov...
88.7K 1.5K 22
15 year old Bree Wilkins doesn't expect much from her plane ride to a top notch British boarding school, until her plane crashes on a deserted island...
14.3K 391 11
One day, you opened your door to faces you recognised...Characters from your favourite TV show......Sam and Dean Winchester took you under their wing...