on RAUL STREET #projectNigeria

By oreoluwaeunice

Five families, One festival and a whole lot of drama. Meet the Okorie's, once the richest family until the O... More

before you start
PROLOGUE
1~ THE ADESANYAS
2~ THE OKORIES
3~THE OKONKWOS
4~ THE DUBEYS
5~THE ODUKOYAS
6~move on
7~scan
9~The meet
our characters
10~stalker alert
11~Man Up
12~beginnings? or ends???
13~Tinu ate the apple!
14~10-month prayer zomthin
15~MAGEIROCOPHOBIA
16~BIBI
17~deal breaker
beautiful covers
18~I know what you like
19~Trust???
21~Hot Slap
22~Three is a crowd
23~Something less, Something more
24~You love me
25~steps
26~Half-full, Half-empty
27~It's okay
28~in my feelings
29~Gobe
30~Matrimonial
31 ~ I'm sorry
32~Tears, Lies and Ends.
33~Concessions

20~Penalty

894 188 126
By oreoluwaeunice

🎤penalty -small doctor. (Btw, I don't listen to small doctor's music but his song penalty just seem so appropriate for this chapter. **evil laughter**)

When you are done with this chapter, I am in my house eating porridge, comman beat me...lol

And wow... Chapter 20. Thank you for walking this journey with me.

Tinu opened her eyes. She was eagle spread on her bed with her duvet half on the bed and the other half on the floor. She stretched as she rose up. The kind of exercise her mother had made her go through in the last three days at the prayer mountain she had never gone through it before. Her whole body ached.

Tinu worried her ear as she sleepily walked down the stairs, almost missing a step and falling.
She scratched her thigh, pulling at her shorts. "Tinu!" she heard her name. Her eyes opened and wiped to the caller. It was Sarah.

"se o n se iraran ni?(are you sleepwalking?) why are you pulling at your shorts? Is this place your toilet?"

Tinu hissed, scratched her head and walked to the kitchen. She met the house keeper cleaning the kitchen surfaces. She was called mummy Titi and she comes twice in a week to clean the house and do other chores. But then, Sarah will always engage Tinu in little chores too.

"Mummy Titi, Good morning" Tinu greeted sleepily, scratching the underside of her breast.
"Tinu, how is you?" mummy Titi said in Jenifa's voice. Ever since Tinu had shown her Jenifa's diaries, she had never failed to say 'how is you' in a day.

"I'm... Fine" Tinu replied, opening the pots. She found a pot of steaming Efo riro. She could see ponmo(cowskin) her mother had gotten from Ijebu-Igbo, yes, Sarah went to Ijebu-Igbo from Lagos to get ponmo. Tinu could see smoked fish, stockfish, locust beans, crayfish.

Tinu's eyes opened and her mouth began to water.

"who made this?" she asked mummy Titi. "Is mummy o," mummy Titi replied. Tinu took a plate and made for the soup spoon.

"Don't try it o," Sarah said behind Tinu. "Ah mummy ooooooh, why na? I am very hungry after making me fast the whole of yesterday."

"Weren't you hissing at me the other time? "

Tinu rolled her eyes. Talk about petty. "I'm sorry ma"

"sorry for yourself"

Tinu bit her lip so as to avoid saying anything in return. "Anyways go and freshen up first."

"Great!" Tinu said, dropped the plate she had picked and stomped out of the kitchen. "Ta n lo gbon di si? (who are you shaking your butt for?)" Sarah asked as Tinu went back upstairs. Just as she entered her room, She was notified of a new message. It was her mom. Tiny sighed.
Sarah had sent a broadcast message on Whatsapp, warning her not to pick some certain numbers and it was the third time she was doing so in two weeks.
Mom, stop sending me this BC. In fact, don't send any BC to me. Tinu typed.

What's wrong with the BC I sent? Sarah replied.

You've sent it thrice already. It's cool. I won't pick strange calls.

Sarah replied with thumbs down emoji. Tinu shook her head. She dropped her phone and pulled off her top.

Her phone beeped again.

Tiny rolled her eyes again, expecting it to be her mom but it was not.

It was a foreign number.

Tiny opened the message and read. Then she frowned as she replied.
***

Kemi watched in awe as the woman in the video brought out the cake she had made from the oven. It looked so delicious that Kemi's mouth began to water. "Bisi, cooking is fun o" Kemi said, smiles gracing her lips. They were in the kitchen and Bisi was making plantain porridge; Peter's favourite.

Kemi paused the video and watched Bisi stir the food on fire. "This smells wonderful"
"Thank You ma," Bisi replied but her mind was not actually there. Something was bothering her and she needed to tell Kemi.

Kemi was oblivious to Bisi's withdrawal.

Kemi on the other hand had started watching lots of cooking YouTube videos and she found that she actually love cooking though she hadn't tried yet. She had gotten various cooking books and they littered the tiled counter at present. She also made sure she was with Bisi whenever she is preparing a meal.

Kemi's phone rang. It was Marian, her agent. "Good morning Kemi" Marian said cheerily.
"Good afternoon to you too Marian." Kemi corrected.

Marian laughed. "guess I am too excited. "

"About? "

"That's the reason I'm calling. Do you remember the oil painting of you made last year of Aisha Buhari? The one we exhibited with the Africa's strong women... "

"Yeahh... What about it?"
"weeeellll, Aisha's rep called and they want to buy. 3 million. "

"What?!" Kemi screamed. The painting was just an impulse act after Buhari, her husband and the President of Nigeria made an offensive statement about her belonging to the kitchen and 'the other room'. She had found the statement derogatory by the President who later said it was a joke. But then Kemi felt bad for Aisha Buhari because it tainted her in the masses' eye. Well, according to Kemi.

She made exhibited the Africa's strong women the previous year. Paintings she made were women who were suffering from one emotional, physical or psychological trauma or the other. They were random, not actual person. The only actual person was Aisha Buhari who was painted impulsively.

"Yass baby" Marian laughed. "three million baby. They said one, but you know me na"

"Marian, if you are joking...stop"
"Kemi, you have started. You no dey believe sombori"

"Marian, gosh. I can't believe this." Kemi laughed. "That's not all baby"

Kemi held her breath.

"King AG's manager called last night."

"Who is AG again?"

"Chisos! Kemi you are so stale. It is only painting and book you know. Adekunle Gold."

"Ehnehn.." Kemi laughed.

King AG. Na real wa.

"He said AG came across your paintings and he liked them and wants you to paint something like that  for his upcoming music video."

"Oh my God... This is overwhelming."
Kemi said putting her hand over her mouth.

Bisi was apprehensive on the other hand. I have to tell her now. Now or never.

"I told them to come around tomorrow so that we can talk about the deal. Good yeah?"

"Good. Thank you so much, Marian. Love you to the moon and back."

"Love you too baby" Marian said and the line disconnected.

Kemi was overwhelmed. Wow. Things are falling into pleasant lines for her. "Bisi, I am so happy." Kemi exclaimed, laughing.
Bisi forced a smile.
Kemi frowned at the look on her face.
"Bisi, what's wrong?"

Bisi choked.

"Calm down Bisi. Talk to me."

"I...I am sorry ma." Bisi whispered.
"Sorry about what? What's wrong?  talk to me. Is the food salty?"

Bisi shook her head.

"Then what is it?"

"I.. "

Bisi exhaled shakily. "I'm Pregnant. "

.......
Now someone can sing along with me. Won ti gba penalty wo throwing... Gbe Gbe Gbe

Who else was not expecting that?
Bisi is pregnant...for who?

Don't ask me. I don't know.

BTW, whoever gets the person that contacted Tinu would get the next chapter dedication. So who do you think?

Don't forget to
•vote
•comment
•recommend
•share
•tag your friends to read.
Thank you.

Ciao.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.5K 3.6K 41
~~~~(Mature)~~~~ "We're worlds apart..." "But I'm right here." "I'm far, farrrrrrrrrr far beneath your class..." "And so? I don't care." He shrugged...
17.6K 1.7K 45
FULANI LOVE STORY [ONGOING] Join Aliyu and Maryam as they tried to build the trust in their marriage that was once broken by an unintentional betray...
10.3K 361 61
"What he means is that I am moving in, whether you like it or not," Ismail says with the same nasty look "I have never killed a human being, but if y...
5.3K 1.5K 37
Two broken hearts trying to heal each other in a situation where family, society, peer group influence and social heirachy play major roles. How pos...