THE DREAM SNATCHER

By FashionabelyyyyyLate

[#9 in Dominating on 21/07/18] Why stop dreaming when you're awake? ~~~~ Welcome to the story about a girl, w... More

WELCOME!!
SNEEK PEEP!!
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14

CHAPTER 6

121 14 90
By FashionabelyyyyyLate

Nothing haunts us more than the words we want to speak.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ria's pov:-

When I woke up, the air felt different. The delicious aroma filled my lungs as I inhaled deeply. Jumping out of the bed, I hissed when my feet throbbed from the sudden pain.

Slipping my feet into the adorable bunny slippers, I made my way to the kitchen.

"You should be in bed." Zeeve frowned, when he saw me descending the staircase. "Any trouble with your feet?"

"Nope. Thanks for changing the bandages."

"Mention not."

"You won't thank me for those slippers?"

"Yeah, thank you. I knew you had a weird obsession with bunnies."

"What?! Don't be ridiculous!"

"Am not! Give me food, I need to leave."

"You're not leaving Ria." he growls.

"Of course I am, but not now. I'll finish off all the tasty things in your house and then run away." I winked in the end.

"You'll stay for food?" I nod.

"Not for me?" I nod again.

"You don't want a taste of this meat?" he said, gesturing to his body.

"I'm vegetarian." I pull a water bottle from the fridge and make my way to the living room.

"Wai-"

"Get me breakfast quickly!"
.
.
.
.

"Stop being so stubborn, Ria."

"Why don't you let me wear my clothes then?!"

"You will wear this," he shoved the paperbag in my hand.

Throwing the bag at him, I crossed my arms across my chest. His eyes turned into cold blue shards as he watched the contents topple out of the bag.

"Pick it up." His voice was low, controlled.

"No."

"I said pick it up!" I flinched as his voice rose. Shutting my eyes, I try to control my breathing; his tone had shaken up my brain.

"Pick this shit up, Ria!"

I choose to stare at the peach carpet that he decided to cover the floor with, because apparently I am reckless and keep hurting myself.

I beg to differ.

His strong hands grab my shoulders and he shakes me roughly. "Are you going to obey me or not?"

Staring into his deep blue eyes, I whispered, "No."

"You're not?" mustering up all the courage in my bones, I glare back at him.

Take it asshole!

"I guess, you won't be bothered when I take over your grandfather's company as well?"

"You can't do that! He left the company for me, it's written in his will."

I won't let the bastard play me. I am the CEO of one of the best companies in London, not some assistant to satisfy his demands.

"Everyone bends for money Ria. There's nothing a bundle of euros can't buy. I hope you know that."

"I have money as well!"

"Not the kind of money I have," he smirked.

"Of course! I am not a corrupt buissness woman unlike you." It was my turn to smirk.

"Corrupt or not, I am damn sure you wouldn't want to know how it feels to be behind the bars."

What?

"On what basis are you going to get me arrested? Killing a mosquito? Stealing your food?"

"Breaking the contract."

"Contract?"

What shit is he spitting out?

"Read this, wear the dress and be ready in an hour." I flinched as he slammed the door on his way out.

Twat!
.
.
.
.

"Do I look like a dog to you?!" I threw the papers on the coffee brown table.

"Of course not!"

"Then why the hell should I obey you?! I can't go back home, I can't work, I have to be your girlfriend?! This is fucking ridiculous!" I tried calming my outraging mood, but his demands are getting on my nerves now.

"It doesn't say that," he pointed out, a slight smirk danced on his lips as he continued, "It says, if you don't be my girlfriend, your company becomes mine."

"You!" I tried to land a punch on his face, but he caught my wrists.

"Wrong move, baby." he pulled my hands and my body jerked in his direction. Raising his hand, ever so slowly, he cupped my left cheek.

"I am doing this for you." he murmured.

"For me?" I scoffed, "I don't want this."

"But, I want to do it. I can't lose you, not again."

"Fine whatever. Atleast make some space between us."

"Nope. I like it when you are so close to me," his lips lightly brushed across mine and my eyes fluttered just like my racing heart.

This is wrong!

"Stay back," I pushed him away from me.

"Why?"

"Men from the past should stay in the past."

"Not me."

Not him.

.
.
.
.

"Do the work properly, Ria."

"Shut up!" I hissed as I continued writing. I don't even know why the asshole is making me copy a hundered page file when you can always xerox it.

"Continue writing," he didn't even turn his eyes towards me.

Taking the risk, I raise my left hand in the air and slowly shut my fingers, leaving the middle one up.

Take that asshole!

I continued my little victory dance in my head whilst my finger did the same in the air.

"I can see you,"

"Of course you can! I am not invisible." The satisfaction of hearing him groan in irritation brought a smile on my face.

Score!

"I'll make you pay for this, kitkat."

My smile disappears as quickly as it came.

"Don't call me that."

"I can call you whatever I want. You are mine."

"I am not!"

"Your opinions don't matter."

Refusing to give him an answer, I turn to the papers and get back to writing.

The tapping of the keys and the rustle of the papers filled the room, trying to combact with the dominating silence and the prevailing tension.

"Done!" I all but screamed as I wrote the last word on the paper.

"Bring it here." he ordered. Gritting my teeth in annoyance, I slammed the paper on his table.

"You wrote it all?"

"Yes."

"Good. Tear it now."

"What?!" I swear my voice has never sounded so shrill in my twenty eight years of existance.

"I said tear the papers."

"I will do no such thing!"

"Do it, it's an order."

Closing my eyes, I take a deep breath. Anger will get you nowhere Ria. Breath in, breath out.

Picking up the bundle of sheets, I tore them into half, staring into his eyes all the while.

"Throw them in the dustbin, love." he smirked.

Taking a step forward, I threw the torn pieces on his face.

"You might have power over me, but you don't have the power to lower my dignity. That move you pulled was low. You claim to care about me, but all you do is hurt me!" Kicking off the heels and pulling off the hideous pastel pink blazer he made me wear today morning, I walked out of his office with my head held high.

Taking a cab to my company, I let out a silent huff.

Time to boss around. Yaay!

I burried myself in the pending paperwork, which was a lot, and let my mind wander away.

"Ma'am when will you leave?"

"I'll take some more time, you can wrap up for today."

"Thank you. Have a wondeeful evening."

"You too." I mumbled, not sure if she even caught that.

Who cares?

Hours later, my battle against the fat files is over. Rubbing my temples I try to easy out the dull throbbing pain.

A single glance at the clock on the wall leaves me speechless.

10:59 pm.

No wonder my head hurts. Packing up quickly, I try to clean up my table to the best of my abilities, which is clearly not my forte.

I shivered as my feet touched the cold floor. Rubbing my palms together, I try to generate some heat.

But soon cold was the least of my problems when I realised that I have no way of getting back home.

Cursing Zeeve in my find, I desperately try to catch a ride back home. After weighing all the possibilities, I make my way back to the building.

I rather sleep in my office than walk back home in the middle of the night.

Getting comfortable on the couch, I keep the lights on to prevent the room from drenching into darkness.

In desperate attempts to find a comfortable position on the couch I kept turning and twisting my body.

Finally giving up, I sit up straight. Sleep seems miles apart with the cold continously attacking my body and the fear of darkness striking my mind.

A shiver passes through my body at the thought of someone else being in the building and I hastily pull up my legs and hug myself, weakly trying to defend myself from the tortuous weather and the creeping fear.

My panic driven body provides me with no comfort and I feel my fear rising with every breath I take.

Turning one-eighty degrees all of a sudden, I look behind me, my eyes wide as I try to scan the room. Feeling partially relieved, I turn around, but my mind still remains in a state of apprehension.

Closing my eyes, I try to control my breathing, as I simultaneously try to dominate my fearful thoughts.

"One," my own voice seemed foreign to me, but I forced myself to continue.

"Two,"

"Th-three,"

"Fou-aaahhhh!" a deafening scream escapes my mouth as the thunder rumbles through the dark skies.

Trying to console myself, I steal a glance at the starless sky, which only managed to scare me more.

This is not how I imagined the day to end. I watch as the rain falls, hitting the window, disturbing the silence of the night.

I look at the hour hand of the dark brown antique french clock on the wall opposite to me, as it stands tall, pointing at twelve, the minute hand not very far behind.

It's midnight.

That just fuled my fear. My palms started getting sweaty as my breathing turned irregular.

I need my pills.

But even in my desperation, I cannot forget that it was me who stupidly left my purse in Zeeve's office.

Zeeve.

I couldn't stop my eyes from drooping, as my body lost contol of it's senses, slowly giving into the fear, I scumbled.

Laying on the floor, semiconscious, I waited for my fears to engulf me.

Moments later, a loud bang pierced through the silence of the chilly september night.

The last thing my semiconscious state registered before darkness swallowed me was, "I'm here, kitkat."

________________________________

I don't like antique clocks, they are creepy.

*shudders*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.3K 455 60
"I'm the most eligible bachelor of America I'm a billionaire and you're rejecting me" "YES" "Tell me what you want I'll give you anything" " Anything...
10.1K 331 32
June, 2, 2024: #1 in Action-Romance "If you choose to leave, I won't stop you cause I know that would be a sensible decision." He moved even closer t...
1.8M 65K 47
"You have already ruined my life, what else do you want?", I barked at him. "Ten minutes", he muttered. "What?", I asked as I was unable to hear him...
41.1K 743 57
[EDITING] It's been four years since we broke up, since I last saw him. I am no longer the person I used to be. I have gained a reputation as the mo...