In Need of a Rescue (Zayn Mal...

Af someblondesaresmart

I believe in lots of things. I believe in not having...it...til you're married. I don't like cussing. Even th... Mere

Chapter 1- Brave or Coward?
Chapter 2- Brokenhearted </3
Chapter 4- And Sandy is......
Chapter 5- Cassie and Zayn....
Chapter 6- NO!
Chapter 7-Three Months Later

Chapter 3- A Crush

2.6K 59 21
Af someblondesaresmart

The doctor sighs, "I really suggest you go home, Cassandra. You have school tomorrow and it isn't comfortable sleeping in a hospital chair."

I quickly get out of the seat and stare at her, "I can't! Every time she goes through chemo, I stay by Callie's side!" I hear some shuffling behind me and I quickly glance behind me and see Zayn getting out of his chair. I look back at the doctor. "Cassandra, Callie is already asleep and should be til tomorrow morning."

I cock my head to the side and think about what she said. Is it really okay to break my ritual today? Would that be fair to Callie? But.....she did say she should be sleeping til tomorrow morning.

I huff, "Fine. But let me see her before I leave." The doctor nods and I look at Zayn who's leaning against the wall beside me. He smiles, chuckling to himself, "You don't need my permission, Cassie."

I nod and quickly turn around, stepping into her room. I quietly shut the door and smile, seeing Callie soundly sleeping, with a smile on her face. I tip-toe to the side of her bed feeling silly. I stand beside her head and reach out, tucking her hair behind her hair. I lean down and kiss her on her left temple, my lips lingering, l;ike I do every night before she went to bed.

"Love you Callie. Be strong. Don't let the bed bugs bite" I whisper against her forehead and walk out, closing the door softly behind me. Zayn smiles at me, "Everything okay?"

I shrug, "Not as okay as I'd like things to be." I look around and see the doctor has left. I walk down the hall with Zayn falling in step beside me. "You're complicated to figure out, you know?" Zayn said, glancing at me as we pushed the hospital doors open.

"Why are you trying to figure me out then?" I look up at the sky. Crap. It's still raining. The tree made sure my hearing aids didn't get wet, but now.....

If it wasn't pouring it's fine, but it was raining with all the thunder and lightning fiasco. I put both of my hands over my ears and run to the car, unlocking it and hopping in, not hearing Zayn's answer. I quickly turn on the heat and look up at Zayn when he slides in. He gives me a confused look.

"What?" I innocently smile. He furrows his eyebrows and then turns to look out the window. I look behind me and pull out of the parking lot.

"Where do you live?" I ask quietly, the silence nipping at me. He tells me how to get there like a personal GPS guide. I pull into his driveway a couple minutes later and look at him. He turns and looks at me.

"Thanks for taking me to the hospital."

I chuckle, "It's not like I had a choice anyway."

He smirks and waves, stepping out of the car. I quickly grab his wrist and pull him back into the car. I ignore the tingles running up my arm.

"Zayn. You have to  promise and make sure Liam doesn't tell this to anyone. Okay?" He looks at me strangely, "Yeah sure, why?"

I sigh, "I don't need something for more people to pick on me about."

He raises an eyebrow, "Why would they pick on you because of this?"

I shrug, "Ask them." He looks at me hesitantly and I pull away my hand from his wrist, blushing. He smiles, "You're cute when you blush." I freeze. That's the first time anyone has called me cute or anything remotely like it, other than my foster parents. He looks at me strangely, but shrugs it off.

"Is it okay if I can go to the hospital with you tomorrow?" He asks hesitantly. I turn my head to the side, "Uhh, y-yes." I stutter. This was weird to me. I've  never been in a situation like this. He smiles, "Thanks. See you tomorrow, yeah?"

I nod my head and he climbs out of the car, closing it behind him and running up to his house. He unlocks the door and waves goodbye before stepping inside. I pull out and start to drive home. How long would he want to hang out with me though? I bet he'd stop as soon as he figures out how much of a disgrace I am. On the bright side....the Grease auditions are tomorrow. I can finally try out for Sandy. That's after school. I have to visit Callie a little later tomorrow which won't be super bad because she shouldn't have a chemo test tomorrow. I wonder who'll get Danny. They would have to kiss me and probably quit or force me to when they find out it's me. But I doubt I'll make it, so it wouldn't matter. I'm still going to try my best, though. I need to prove to everyone, I'm not worthless. I'm not deaf and stupid. I'm imperfectly perfect me.

How cheesy, I thought as I pulled into our garage.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning, I take a shower. I hum the tune to the song I was going to audition with. I had to do a solo song and a song with a possible Danny, also a part of a scene with Danny. The Danny's would be auditing during lunch and the top three or if the teacher already decides, will come to the after school audition for Sandy and help us. You know what would be cool? Zayn being Danny. Then he probably won't quit on me...or he will....

But then I'd get to kiss him, it'd be my first kiss....WHOA WAIT! Why would I want to kiss him? What were the tingles I felt around him, the strange feelings? I'm not that stupid.

Do...do I like him?

I shake my head and step out, wrapping a white towel around me. I can't! I would be killing Zayn's reputation. Anyway, it's not like Zayn could ever like me. I comb through my hair, wincing when I ran into tangles. I blow dry my dark brown hair and straighten it. I don't know why, but I felt good today. Probably because, possibly, I have one new friend or two? The audition? I freshen up and pull on one of the variety's on our school uniforms. My foster parents were rich, which I guess is another reason people made fun of me. They think I'm a fake. Our school uniform is kind of gossip girl fashion a little. I slide on a white button down and roll up the sleeves once. I pull on a blue, poofy-ish skirt and tuck my shirt in, putting a blue whatever-it's-called around my neck.

(A/N: Outfit on side, the girl in the very front-*I don't watch gossip girl so I don't know her name*-that's her uniform she's wearing but she doesn't look like the person or have the headband in her hair. Also, uniforms aren't like that in school, I know, but bare with me.)

I slide on my knee length navy socks, blah, and some shoes, grabbing my bag downstairs and eat my cereal. Shoveling it in my mouth, I look at the time.

"Crap!" I run around the counter and dump my almost-finished cereal in the sink and run out the door with my bag to drive to school.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once at school, I lock the car and trudge into the school keeping my head down, walking to my locker. I hear the everyday rude comments being thrown at me. I ignore them and open my locker, doing everything I needed and walked into homeroom. When I got there, I quickly got to my seat, taking things out that I would need for this class. I look over to my side as I see Zayn take his seat.

"Hey Cassie! Guess what?" He whispers. I guess he still doesn't know about me or doesn't care. I shrug and whisper back,"What?"

"I'm auditioning for Danny!" He whispers. I smile, "Cool! I'm auditioning for Sandy!" I whisper.

"Really? I bet you'll get it." He whispers. I blush, butterflies flying around my stomach.

"I heard Niall, Harry, and Louis were trying out too! But for the side people. I forgot their names, but the rest of the T-birds." He whispers. I frown. WHY? Why did they have to ruin this for me?!

"What about Liam?" I whisper.

He shrugs, "He's too busy with track. Also, he doesn't want to give the bullies a reason to make fun of him like when he was younger."

I nod my head in understanding. I still didn't care about the bullie for this. I've have been wanting to do this ever since I saw this movie. I really want Sandy and I really hope Zayn gets Danny. If he doesn't, I wouldn't be able to put up with the bullies if I made it.

Someone clears their throat and we look forward to the teacher, "Alright class, today we're going to......"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello you amaZAYN people! Please vote, fan and comment! Also, thanks for reading. Please promote my story because it needs to get more reads,etc, but also check out my other stories!

They all happen to be One Direction fan fictions. Hahaha! :)

Please continue reading this story!

Love,

Someblondesaresmart <3 <3

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

271K 8K 23
WARNINGS: SEXUAL CONTENT, DRUG USE, LANGUAGE, ABUSE, SELF HARM AND EATING DISORDER. This was published in 2011 on onedirectionfanfiction.com, and I...
16.3K 443 22
"Ella, please." He said. "What are you doing here?" I looked at him confused. "Please don't shut me out of your life." "Shut you out of my life? What...
104K 2.8K 17
"Why do you keep pretending you're afraid of me?" He hissed, obvious anger in his eyes. "Because Louis; if I'm not afraid of you I'll...
8.8K 409 19
NARRY. A bully and a victim story, that we all know so well. But in this story Niall is a bit more cheecky and sassy than stuttering and shy ( well...