On the Ledge

By Safila_BLM

Sam Robinson has it all. A cool girlfriend, nice family, expensive house with a pool, popularity at school. A... More

Prologue
New Kid On The Block
So Sexy
The Football Prodigy
Lunch Break
Not Ready
The Robinsons
Facebook Chat
The Schoolyard
Facebook Chat
Haley
Boxer
The House On the Hill
The Party
Bradley Abbott
The Photo
Gay Overnight
Not Okay
I'm Not Gay
Provoked
History Project
Facebook Chat
Love
It Wasn't Me!
I Know What You Did
In Distress
Anything She Can Do I Can Do Better
Does She Know
Knockout
Up To No Good
Human Rights
Bad Day
The Theory They Can't Prove
Facebook Chat
The Catcher in the Rye
Charity
Green-Eyed Monster
Just Acquaintances
Child Abuse
Facebook Chat
Until the End
Issues
Freedom
Facebook Chat
The Quiet of the Night
Out of the Closet
The Calm Before the Storm
The Catalyst
Facebook Chat
Destination: Paradise
Waiting for Love
Disapproved
Liability
Betrayed
Smoke and Mirrors
Seed of Hate
Used to Bad Days
Coward
Society's Fault
The Snitch
Heartbroken
Who You Are
In the Club
The Visit
Constrained
Fear of the Unknown
The Journey
Bad Feeling
Blake Ridge's Tower
The Search
Jump
True Colors
Mental Cancer
Now or Never
Final Match
Authentic
Author's Note

Epilogue

2.9K 78 1
By Safila_BLM

He was 17 now, about to graduate from high school. He was sitting at Starbucks, looking out the window, his feet were restlessly tapping against the floor as he waited.

" Can I help you?" the waitress appeared by his table, ready to take an order. Sam shook his head.

" I'll order later." The waitress served another table as Sam looked out the window, observing the passersby, inspecting each one of them to see if he was in the crowd. After a glance at his watch he started wondering whether he was being stood up. He was about to leave when the door swung open. His dad appeared in the doorway and once he made eye contact with Sam, he smiled shyly. Sam remained seated and with angst watched his father approach him. His mind was reeling with a bunch of questions. Did he change over the two years? Does he still like him? What has he been up to in that time they haven't seen each other?

" Hi." his father sat facing him. Up close he seemed much older than he actually was.

" Hi." Sam seemed reserved. " How are you?"

" Could have been better." he shrugged. " And you? I heard you'll be graduating soon. You must be over the moon."

Sam smiled, nodding. " Yeah, I am. I'll finally be able to leave this place."

An awkward silence enveloped them as Sam played with the menu on the table. The waitress showed up and the two ordered same drinks.

" Where will you go?" his dad asked.

" I don't know yet. Me and Brad are deciding over two big cities." Sam said, glancing at him to see his reaction but his dad kept a straight face.

" Look, Sam.. I'm sorry for not being there when you needed me. I've regretted it since and I hope you can forgive me one day but if you can't then I'll understand nonetheless." he said, grinning sheepishly.

Sam shook his head. "It's okay. I've learnt a lot in these past years and I can forgive you. Not because you deserve it but because of my inner peace." he said softly. His father's eyes teared up. Sam had never seen him cry in his entire lifetime but that day his dad cried tears of sorrow and joy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.5K 550 32
Mason Morton, after almost being institutionalized for attempting suicide, struggles with dealing with not only his family issues, but his feelings f...
86K 4.1K 182
Samuel always has been fortunate enough to enjoy a seamless and comfortable life. He had it all. Good grades, aspirations to become a doctor like his...
78.4K 3.3K 40
; in which stanley has amnesia, hes also a bully. - stenbrough
147K 5K 51
"You're not alone, Noah. I'm here. I'll always be here... and I love you." No matter how complicated things get, his words will always bring me comf...