Not Ready

WEDNESDAY 18:58

They were making out on the bed, with intermittent giggles followed by long passionate kisses. Sophia's parents were out of town and her brother Taron was hanging out at his friend's. Sophia and Sam were home alone.

She was on top of him, topless. Sam pulled her to him and they kissed deeply. He loved the taste of her lips. Her kisses were soft and addicting. His right hand moved lightly over her chest, cupping her left breast. He moved over her, and now she was under him. He kissed her heart shaped lips, her neck and slowly moved on to her chest. He gently squeezed her breasts, and a soft moan escaped her mouth. She reached for his shirt and undressed him. Then she moved on to his pants, trying to unzip them. Sam froze.

" What are you doing?"
" Well, what does it look like I'm doing?" she hinted at his crotch.
" Did you bring protection?" she asked. Sam gazed at her like a deer caught in headlights.
" Protection?"
Sophia looked confused.
" Yeah, what did you think we would be doing at my place?" her forehead creased.
" Uh.." Sam was at loss for words.
" Hah, you're so silly." she chuckled. "Don't worry, I have a condom in here." she opened the drawer and took out the condom wrapper. Sam gawked at her as she ripped off the wrapper and took out the condom.
" Here, put it on." she handed it to him. He took it and for a while just stared at it, looked back up at Sophia who was looking at him expectantly.
" I can't." he said, his shoulders slumping. Sophia rested her head on his shoulder.
" What do you mean? Of course, you can. Do you want me to do it?"
Sam shook his head. "No, I'm not ready."
She raised her brows. " What are you? On your period or something? " she said laughing. He didn't respond. She grew serious.
" You don't wanna do it with me or you just don't feel like it?"
" I'm not in the mood." he avoided eye contact.
" But that's what you also said two months ago. You never feel like it. Will there ever be a day when you're ready?"
" Why don't you give me some time?"
" Sam..." she leaned her chin on his shoulder. "Do I disgust you?" He turned to her.

" Sophia, you're the most beautiful girl I know. Don't ever put yourself down." he stroked her cheek.

" I love you." she suddenly said. This caught Sam off guard. He didn't expect her to say that out of nowhere. And he didn't know how to react so he said the first thing that occurred to him.

" Thanks."

Her eyebrows furrowed. For a while none of them spoke. Then Sophia slowly said: "You're welcome.. I guess."

" Well, we don't have to do it if you don't wanna. But we can at least make out?" she suggested. Sam showered her with kisses and they fell onto the bed.

" God, you're tickling me. I like the way you touch me." she giggled in between kisses. He smirked with satisfaction.

" Do you like where my hand is right now?" he laughed.