Think Again, Birdie (TheBeatl...

By AddictingFanFic

Audrey Hepburn is the best personal assistant on the face of the planet. She's smart, beautiful, and overly p... More

Chapter 2: New Beginnings
Chapter 3: A Course of Action
Chapter 4: The Ride
Chapter 5: Little Slave, Little Slave
A/N: On Hold
I'm Continuing
Chapter 6: Suddenly Friendly
Chapter 7: Dinner and a Show
Chapter 8: Vengeful Pride

Chapter 1: Good Money

736 14 2
By AddictingFanFic

This story is NOT HISTORICALLY ACCURATE....

Like, at all.

So please don't comment about how The Beatles came out with a certain song at a certain time or how the band did whatever at whatever time. Its FANFICTION. ITS ALL MADE UP. Enjoy....
************************************

Her shiny red heels clicked along the pearl white tile as she entered the building. Subtile 'good mornings' and 'hello's were tossed at her from people she had passed by, causing her strawberry red lips to smile. In her hands she gripped two envelope coloured files that rested on her hip, like a child, as she continued making her way into another part of the building with a sign on its broad wooden doors that said 'Employees Only'.

Her black dress swayed along with her curved hips and a red Cardigan fitted over her chest neatly; her black hair was pinned up in a small beehive and her short bangs lay over her eyebrows neatly.

Every head turned as she walked by; not only because she was a beautiful young woman of twenty, but because she was one of the few respected ladies in this industry; and she was highly admired by all. She was what some would consider overly mature for her age, and she always held her head up with pure sophistication and confidence.

The young woman made her way to a large office that's door was open to visitors. In the room was a broad man who sat behind a desk; in between his fingers he held a thick Cuban cigar. His hair was a caramel brown and perfectly styled in a comb over, with volume in his bangs. This man, who was no older than forty-eight, was known as Lionel Rickman; the head honcho, or boss if you will, of this fine corporation known as Focus. The young woman stopped in the door way when she realized her boss had company. In a chair across from him was a man thinner than he, whose hair was styled the same way. This man wore a dark grey suit with a black tie that brought some notice to his white under shirt, similar to Lionel's, though, his tie was red and his grey suit was darker; and his hair was the same, only, it was darker. If Audrey hadn't known Lionel her entire life, she would have thought they were brothers.

The men were laughing loudly when she had arrived; the young girl missing the joke by seconds. "Mr. Rickman," she interrupted politely, tapping a knuckle on the open door. His hazel eyes flicked up to meet her light blue ones. "Ahh, Audrey," he beamed, "We were just talking about you. Please come in." Both Mr. Rickman and the mysterious thin man stood as she entered. "This is Mr. Brian Epstein. Mr. Epstein, this is Audrey Hepburn. One of our finest assistance here at Focus Corporation." The man who was Brian chuckled causing his chest to jiggle a bit. "Please call me Brian ." he insisted as he took Audrey's hand in for a firm shaking. The man had a slight London posh accent, causing a surprise to Audrey considering they were in America, though she didn't show it.

"Pleasure, Mr. Brian." Her red lips moved into a small grin. "With the stories Mr. Rickman here had told me, I never would have considered you to be under the age of forty. And so beautiful, too." Audrey smirked; the handshake ending. "You're almost too kind," she blushed; but it wasn't long before she moved on to a new subject. "I don't mean to be rude," she said as her attention turned to her boss, "But I've looked over some of Marilyn Monroe's paper work; they're more of complaints she has, really. She says she didn't want to do the movie." Mr. Rickman pulled the file out of Audrey's hands and opened it to the three page letter that Marilyn Monroe had written in protest of doing a movie that she considered would make her look absurd. "Damn," Lionel muttered as he skimmed through it.

"She says she doesn't want to be a joke."

Mr. Rickman smirked as he met eyes with Audrey's. "I can tell she's taking this very seriously," he pointed out, "Give the director a call and tell them to stop harassing her. Make sure your firm and - well, just do your magic, Heppy." He gave her a friendly wink and she too gave one in return before taking the file back from Lionel Rickman and leaving with a spin in her heels. He let out a sigh as he sat back down in his black spiny chair; Brian Epstein sitting only seconds after.

"What a fine young lady." the British man beamed.

"The finest." Lionel gloated with a wink.

"Now," Brian cleared his throat, "That young lady of yours was recommended to me by a close friend. Tell me, what does she do exactly?"

"Well," Lionel began as he leaned forward, folding his hands that sat on his desk. "Focus is a corporation made to help people who are either too busy or too lazy to keep up with their schedules on their own. We're a partnership of personal assistance."

"And how many people do these employees assist?" Brian leaned back in his chair with interest for an answer. Lionel shrugged a shoulder. "Two per employee. Audrey is the best to keep up with a persons schedule. Always good things about her are said, never bad; from the people she assists of course. I can imagine what other coworkers are saying about her, the jealous bastards." Lionel let a smirk play on his lips and Brian chuckled fiercely. "Ah. I can imagine. She seems like quite the girl. And if she is the way you say she is, why isn't she assisting more people?" Lionel sat back with a certain confidence in his eyes. He knew that Brian only wanted best for whoever he was managing but he had a doubt in his voice about Audrey that made Lionel become irritant. "Audrey Hepburn is the best damn personal assistant in the entire industry of personal assistance for celebrities." Lionel's voice came out firm, yet calm as he didn't want to scare Brian Epstein away.

The British man just shrugged with a smirk on his face that indicated he knew he had pushed a button on Lionel. "That girl had just finished being a personal assistant to over fifteen celebrities," Lionel's voice was raised and he smashed a pointed finger onto the desk with annoyance. Brian's face now with a bitter expression. "The reason she doesn't work for them anymore? She quit. Marilyn Monroe was offering a better pay; over fifteen hundred dollars a week; more money than all of those fifteen people combined could pay her. So no, she ain't cheap. She is a prize Mr. Epstein, and if you aren't willing to respect that than I refuse to let her be your personal assistant." Brian took in those words, letting them soak for a moment in that mush of a brain of his. He scanned Lionel closely, his eyes with an interest though his expression still bitter. "A hundred and twenty-thousand a week. American dollars, of course," Brian spoke. Lionel's eyes widened and the annoyed expression on his face was now one of shock. Brian lazily held out his arms and grinned. "I'm sold Mr. Rickman. I am sold." Lionel's lips curved into a smile.

   Audrey rolled her eyes as Calvin Simmons, a well-known Hollywood director, begged for the beautiful Marilyn Monroe to play a leading role in his cheesy film from the other side of the phone. "Mr. Simmons that is enough!" Audrey barked firmly; quickly shutting him up. "Marilyn will not be apart of this movie. If you so much as call or ask again I will personally make sure you are blacklisted for harassment, do you understand? Now. Good day." She hung up the phone gently as if nothing had happened; not letting him speak another word. On her desk were small, neatly stacked files of Marilyn's requests and dislikes. Audrey took the next file on her list and scanned in, learning new things about Marilyn that she had yet to know.

"Knock, knock." Lionel smiled as he stood in Audrey's door way; Brian Epstein right behind him. "Oh, hello Mr. Rickman." she acknowledged as she looked up from the file. "I've got to talk to you about some things." he made aware and she quickly stood and offered them to come in and sit; to which they did as Audrey closed the door and rushed back over to her seat. "What is this about?" Audrey inquired. Brian and Lionel shared a confident glance and looked back at Audrey in unison. "I've got a job for you." Brian smiled, bringing a cigar - given to him by Mr. Rickman - up to his lips.

"A job?" Audrey seemed confused and unsure.

"Mr. Epstein here is offering to pay you one hundred and twenty thousand dollars a week to be a personal assistant for some kids he's managing." Lionel intervened. "What?" she seemed more appalled then excited. "They're a band called the Beatles," the manager began, "And with their start to fame, they could use someone to keep track of things for him; so they aren't so overwhelmed. They're going to need full attention."

"You mean - leave Marilyn?" Audrey's eyes were filled with guilt. "Don't think of it as leaving her," Lionel suggested, "Think of it as a new and better beginning. Its good money. And besides, you'll get to live in England."

"England?" Audrey appalled a hand to her chest as if offended by the comment. "Oh, Audrey, come one," Lionel slightly begged, "You'll love it."

"But I've been with Marilyn for two years, she would -" "Get over it." Brian was quick to interrupt and finish her sentence. "They always do." he winked. Audrey's body shivered with pity. She had become someone that Marilyn had trusted; someone she became close with.

Leaving Marilyn would be like leaving a cancer patient to die without a cure. Marilyn needed someone to watch after her. In a sense she was mentally ill and needed a friend to watch over her; that friend being Audrey.

"I can't," Audrey muttered, lowering her head, "But I do appreciate the offer." Brian leaned in with piercing eyes. "I'm willing to pay more if you need convincing." Audrey quickly looked up, offended. "How dare you," she scoffed, "Marilyn is a loyal woman. I will not leave her."

"Apparently your confusing business with friendship." Brian smirked cheekily.

"Apparently you can't take a hint." Audrey bit back.

Silence fell over the room and it thickened with an awkward feeling. "I think I should go." Brian mumbled as he stood from his seat after a few seconds of silence. "Now, Mr. Epstein," Lionel stood up quickly, "Don't be so hast to leave. The girl just needs time to think about this." Lionel was trying his best to be convincing but when Brian looked at Audrey, he could tell she wasn't interested at all in changing her mind. "Right," he smirked, "I'll see ya around Lionel." Brian patted Lionel's shoulder lightly before leaving. "Finally." Audrey mumbled under her breath once manager was gone. "Audrey, how could you!" Lionel shouted. She was instantly confused. "I beg your pardon?" "Brian Epstein is a British manager from a big record company. Having him as a costumer would be good for business. It would expand our opportunities!" Lionel Rickman set his hands on his hips, pushing back his blazer. "Mr. Rickman, I -" "Audrey, please." he hushed her with a stern voice. His eyes softened at the worried look on her face. "Look," he said calmly, "I know you and Ms. Monroe have gotten close. I'm aware that she isn't in the best condition but Audrey you're a personal assistant, not a babysitter. This money... its good for the company; its good for you." "I don't know, Mr. Rickman." she sighed. "Well I do," he said, "You're doing it." Her eyes opened wide with shock. "Mr. Ri-" "Don't even bother arguing with me," he interrupted, still calmly, "You're going to go home, pack your things and meet Mr. Epstein at the airport tomorrow morning at eight a.m. He'll have your ticket. Your going to Liverpool, and your going to be the personal assistant to some band."

"Mr. Rickman!" she exclaimed like a child who wasn't getting their way.

"You're either doing this or..." he trailed off for a moment, looking down at the floor. "Or I'm gonna have to let you go." He looked up at her with a type of sadness but he didn't have a choice. She loved her job and she would do anything to keep it, but leaving Marilyn would be tough... then again...she didn't really have a choice.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

yes. audrey is American in this.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.6K 233 15
»»-------------¤-------------«« After 5 years of being the assistant of one of the biggest companies in the Seol, you have falling helplessly in love...
630K 14.9K 28
"I'm so fucking mad at you right now, but you look so sexy when you're angry," he whispers in between kisses. "Don't think this will make things g...
59.6K 1.8K 22
"so I think Louis should work as an assistant" "this useless piece of shit working for someone, no man he will just cause troubles, he is worth nothi...
2.5M 89.6K 45
Elle Grey doesn't need anyone. She only needs herself, a paintbrush, and if she gets desperate enough, there are the few people she actually tolerat...