The Element: A Shift in the W...

By bonnie_a_clyde

"In nature, water decides when it starts and when it stops. The storm goes where it wants and it's power come... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1- All Roads Lead Home
Chapter 2- True Mate
Chapter 3- Reunited
Chapter 4- Dormant
Chapter 5-Broken
Chapter 6- Bacon Hangry
Chapter 7- Hanger
Chapter 8- To the Moon
Chapter 9- Angel
Chapter 10- Bath Bombs, Boots, & Bluegrass
Chapter 11- Someday
Chapter 12- Welcome Back
Chapter 13- Everly-sit
Chapter 14- Charlie's Diner
Chapter 15- Danny Knows
Chapter 16- Art By Fire
Chapter 17- Pack Meeting
Chapter 18- Hot Cocoa and Batman Pajamas
Chapter 19- Healing Grounds Book Cafe
Chapter 20- Costume Shopping
Chapter 21-Music Magic
Chapter 22- Safe & Sound
Chapter 23- Halloween Fest
Chapter 24- Monsters
Chapter 25-The Devil Claws
Chapter 26- Secrets Untold
Chapter 27- Grand Slam
Chapter 28 -Lemon and Lavender
Chapter 29- Beneath the Skin
Chapter 30- She's Gone
Chapter 31- Her Wolf is Here
Chapter 32- Origin
Chapter 33- She Has Awoken
Chapter 34- Mountain Sound
Chapter 35- Dirty Paws
Chapter 36- From Across the Stars
Chapter 37- Love & Magic
Chapter 38-Tattoos, Twerking and Something Tasty
Chapter 39- The Water Element
Chapter 40- Once a Hero, Always a Hero
Chapter 41- I Lullaby Love You
Chapter 42-Momma
Chapter 43- Revelation
Chapter 44- Hope
Chapter 45- Free Will
Chapter 46- The Mark
Chapter 47- Thanksgiving
Chapter 48- Second Helpings & Second Chances
Chapter 49- From Ashes
Chapter 50- To Life
Chapter 51- Wedding Crashers
Chapter 52- Thousand Eyes
Chapter 53- Like a River
Chapter 54- Holy Moly
From Me to You

Epilogue-After the Storm

2.6K 128 4
By bonnie_a_clyde

Thea

"I thought we'd never do this," Bel says as she gathers more paint on her brush.

"Right? When did we plan this Ladies Night? Like, months ago?" Everly replies, her volume raising with every sip of sparkling wine.

Caylin moves her brush across the canvas with practiced skill. "Well, when we discussed this social gathering, you were still a bachelorette, Evie. Now look at you — married and bonded."

Laughter bubbles out of Everly as she spins in her chair.

"Ok, no more vino for the missus," Bel announces, stopping Everly from falling onto the ground.

Seri leans toward me, examining my work. "Thea, what are you painting? It looks nothing like what we chose."

I sit back and take in the pops of color and swirls of black. "What are you talking about? I'm doing the same tree as all of you."

My friend gives me an accusing stare. "What?" I laugh. "Seri, it's fun art, not fine art."

The alarm on my cell chirps. "Girls, I hate to paint and run, but I gotta go. I have a healing session with Jack first thing in the morning." I finish the last few strokes of my brush before removing my apron.

Seri swishes her brush in the jar of muted-grey water. "How's that going? Has he made any progress?"

The topic of conversation has sobered Evie up a bit. "He's doing better. We're hoping that between his fast healing and Thea's gift, Jack will be walking on his own very soon."

Her words feel like a weight on my shoulders.

"I'm sure he will," Caylin supplies.

"Thea," Bel stands. "We're meeting the guys at Charlie's for a late-night bite. You sure you don't wanna join?"

"No thanks."

"Well then, I'll come with you," She responds, moving to untie her rainbow-speckled smock.

"Sis, you know I have to prepare. It's just a few blocks to the shop. I'll be fine. Bring my art home, please."

Seri snorts. "Art."

Ignoring her scoffing, I pull on my coat, adjust my messenger bag, and step out of Cross My Art. I am met by the frosty wind. Spring may be approaching, but the thermometer is stuck on winter. Pulling my green, wool hood up, I burrow into the fabric and quicken my pace.

What I wouldn't do for Caylin's heat right now.

Months after the altercation with the mutant monsters, our group has remained observant and prepared. But lately, the pressure to heal Jack has clouded my judgment. Quickening my pace to fight the cold, I almost miss the eerie tingle that flutters across my skin. Cursing my lack of vigilance tonight, I cross the vacant road and decide to cut through Basin Spring Park. The street lamps provide enough light to illuminate rouge snowflakes swirling through the air — it's winter's last stand.

My footsteps echo sharply around the deserted street, sounding overly loud in my own ears, like the booming heartbeat of a condemned prisoner. My heart slams against my ribs when I feel someone watching me.  I'm being followed and no sooner has the realization hit me that I'm grabbed from behind.

"Late night walk alone," a gruff voice breathes into my ear. "You're dead, Sunshine."

"What the hell, Trent?!"

"What did I say about going places by yourself? Especially at night." My feet dangle as he locks my arms in place and forces my back against his chest.  

"I'm practically home, Asshole. Let me go!" I clench my teeth and fight his vice-like grip.

"Why are you so naive?" he growls. "Use your fucking head!"

Huffing in exasperation, I smile at his choice of words. "Okay." And then fling my head back, making a solid connection with his face. An audible crunch fills the air and Trent's hold disappears.

"Motherfucker," he yells, his voice nasal and strained. Blood pours down his chin. "You broke my fucking nose, Thea!"

Adjusting my coat and bag, I snicker at his crumbling, tough-guy exterior. "Seriously? You're fine."

Reaching up, I place my hand over his and begin to heal his injury. The movement of magic and energy through my body never gets old. It's like a parade of spring in full bloom, and I feel his bone fuse back together and watch the blood flow taper off.

"There," I announce, fishing for chocolate in my bag. "All better."

Shoving the candy in my mouth, I turn to walk away, but only make it a few steps before Trent is blocking my path. "You're lucky it was me, Sunshine. What about next time?"

"Fine! You're right, okay? I shouldn't travel alone. Will you let me go now?" I shove past him and release a frustrated sigh.

Nearing the entrance of Healing Grounds, I detour to the side alley to enter the back entrance. Ignoring Trent, who is nipping at my heals, I grab my keys.

He quickly seizes my elbow and turns me to face him. My keys hit the ground and Trent backs me into the brick wall. Positioning his arms on either side of my head, Trent barricades me. I'm overwhelmed by his woodsy and leather scent. Our warm bursts of breath spar between us as we stare at one another. Extremely aware of the proximity between his lips and mine, I try to wiggle free.

"What do you think you're doing, Trent? Acting like you're some kind of Neanderthal. Were you dropped on your head as a child?"

He looks at me, his face softening a bit. "You don't get it, do you Sunshine?"

"No, I don't. And quite frankly, I can handle myself. In case you've forgotten —"

I don't get to finish because his hand snatches the back of my head and before I know it, his mouth is crushing down on mine.

I am so surprised that I don't even fight it. His tongue invades my mouth, searing me with his smoky taste of cinnamon and tobacco. With my body plastered to his, I kiss him back and moan into his mouth. I have never had a kiss this good in my life. His hands move down my body, leaving a trail of fire in their wake. The kiss deepens and he firmly grips my ass, lifting me. I don't hesitate wrapping my legs around his waist. I've never felt this frantic —this turned on — in my life.

Reality hits me like a bucket of ice water. What in the hell am I doing? This is Trent. The same guy who rejected me after the night I saved his life.

Pulling back, I open my eyes and look into to his. They look wild — flashing wolf — and drunk with lust. "Like I said, you've forgotten." I reiterate, licking my swollen lips.

He moves a hand up to my face and runs his fingers along my jaw. "Forgotten what?"

In a flash, vines wrap around his wrists and ankles, yanking him away from me and securing him to a nearby wall. He stares at me with anger and confusion.

"That I'm the Earth Element." I explain, picking up my dropped keys and walking to my door.

"Sunshine," he warns.

"Goodbye, Trent."

As I close the door, I look up and see him struggle against the botanical bonds. A scene I would find humorous if not for the pain in my heart.

"Thea!" His muffled voice hollers. Reaching up, I lock the deadbolt and walk away. Distancing myself from him and his games. I vow to forget the night I pulled him from the clutches of death — the night the universe decided mate a fairy to a wolf.

➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖
As always, thank you for reading! I hope you enjoyed the epilogue and sneak peek of book 2. Please leave a comment and don't forget to vote. I will love you forever and like you for always!!

Stay tuned for the cover reveal for book 2!!!

Remember: your words fuel mine! X O X O

Your friend and WRP Tour Guide,
Bon

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

496K 19.3K 55
"He likes your curves. Rightfully claims you as his... in his mind." Asher now speaks staring at the golden boy. I carefully peek through my lashes t...
115K 5.6K 45
In her mind, LIna had no past, no present, and no future. She was left of the steps of a church the day she was born and was adopted. She fears she w...
1.1K 231 74
Book Two of Nature's Series. (Sequel to Nature's Comeback) The glass was cracked yet it was still surviving. But Now it was Shattered!! Elements wer...
63 22 18
This is the first story in the Elemental Wolf Series. Kalama Edwards spent her childhood being alone. Despite being the only child to her packs, Alph...