How To Live With Fate: {Star...

By My_Pharaohs_Keeper

(ONGOING) Niika Takashiro has a complicated life. More complicated than people would ever know. But when fate... More

1 - The Fated Meeting
2 - The Glittering Crux's Challenge
3 - Problematic Adult Bank
4 - Wako's Song (Part 1)
5 - Wako's Song (Part 2)
6 - Mandrake Pheromones
8 - Physics Class & The King's Pillar
9 - Galaxy Lying Eyes
10 - No Trust Available
11 - Galaxy Star Girl (Part 1)
12 - Galaxy Star Girl (Part 2)
13 - A Girl Named Mizuno

7- Used To Celebrate

365 6 2
By My_Pharaohs_Keeper

MPK: Guess what guys? The ghost writer is back. For how long? We may never know...

A/N: Before you read, since it's been a long time, you should know that a few changes have been made.

~Kazuma's cybody Choshek is now named Alphonse.

~Arata's cybody Atem is now named Anaki.

~And this really isn't a change, but I'll specify that Niika is actually more of a "soft-spoken" and closed off individual, rather than sassy in the previous chapters. She's only like that when she firsts meet people and when she's talking to Takuto, because she's known to be skeptical of others rather than to immediately accept them. I mention this so that you know she's not acting OOC or anything. Not necessarily shy, just keeping to herself.

___________

"Takashiro Niika-chan!" Niika was called as she approached the front double doors of the school. "Over here girl!"

"Mrs Watanabe." Niika murmured as she double backed to meet her.

"There's a certain red-headed male looking for you this morning!" Niika's face hardens. She ignores Mrs Watanabe and starts to walk back. "Wait wait wait! I know you don't like him like that Niika, but I think you should hear him out! Maybe he wants to confess to you!"

"Confess? Confess what? What did he do?"

Mrs Watanabe flails her hands in front of her, "No not like that! You know, to ask you out! To be your boyfriend!"

"Eh? Ew. Yuck!" Niika feinted, "I feel sick now."

"Oh don't be like that!" Mrs Watanabe tells her, "Takuto's a really nice guy if you haven't noticed. And most importantly, HE'S HOT!" She shouts. The students walking by them inside the school stare as they pass. "Niika I'm telling you, you don't just let guys like that get away from you! You don't see males like this everyday! If you're not careful, some random chick might just come out of nowhere and steal his heart away!" Niika listens to Mrs Watanabe's words with a bored expression. However, she still takes her words into account.

"Why do I need to be worried about that? If he gets his heart stolen, isn't that a good thing? At least, that's what I was once told..." Niika says not getting the point. Mrs. Watanabe facepalms, "Besides, why do I need a boyfriend?"

"Why do you need one!? You're going to want someone in the future Niika! But by that time Takuto would be guaranteed to be taken by then! That's why you need to grab him away now while there are still sparks between you two! And right now he clearly has his eye on you!" Mrs Watanabe holds Niika by the shoulders from behind and pushes her in the opposite direction. "I'm rooting for you Niika-chan! You don't understand right now, but you will thank me later! Now go on! He's by the little miniature garden at the side of the school. Class starts soon so don't be late!" Mrs Watanabe says waving as she heads off. "But if you end up scoring, be late all you want! In fact don't even come to class! Make sure you get his azz Niika-chan!" Niika sweatdrops at the girl's straightforwardness. She sighs and walks toward Takuto's location.

"Midori no me!" Takuto shouts spotting her before she came over. His left arm slung behind his back.

"What is this about Takuto?" Niika doesn't even greet him as she stands in front of him. "Why did you need to see me?"

"Jeez Niika," Takuto says taken aback, "Can't I just want to see you now and then?"

Niika continued to speak as if she did not notice the blush that had appeared on her face. "No. Especially not this early in the morning. Class starts in, 10 minutes." She told him checking her watch.

"Why are you being so harsh?" Takuto mutters, "Why are you mad at me?"

Niika starts to answer in a sarcastic way, but remembered Mrs Watanabe's words. 'I guess I shouldn't be so harsh towards Takuto. I don't really have a reason to; he hasn't really done anything wrong. And for the most part, Takuto is pretty nice.'

"Maybe I can, trust you..." Niika uttered lowly under her breath. Takuto muttered a 'What?' not hearing her. "Gomen. I am pretty rude to you aren't I?" It slightly painful for Niika to say, "You're the one helping me out with all this Zero Time stuff. I guess I really, owe you a 'thank you'...I guess." Niika looks to the side.

Takuto is taken aback again at Niika's change in attitude. But he smiles, not questioning it. "Ah, I'll do this quickly. Since class starts soon." Takuto grips the object in his left hand tightly before revealing it to her. "This is for you."

Niika looks down at it, "Heh? Wow it's so pretty! Takuto what is it!?" Niika looks up at him with big eyes.

"What is it?" Takuto repeats her, "It's a flower."

"A flower?" Niika repeats. Takuto places the small stem in her hands.

"I saw it on my way to class from the dorms. It was sticking out from the water, and for some reason, it reminded me of you." Takuto tells her, a blush appearing on his face. "I can't explain why I thought that, or why I wanted to show it to you. So please don't ask." He scratched his cheek nervously. Niika stays silent, just staring back down at the flower. "I understand if you don't want it. It was really just a spur of the moment thing..." Takuto starts to take it away from her.

"NO!" Niika shouts quickly, startling him. Her hands grab his, which were still holding the flower. "I WANT IT!"

Takuto blushes again, "O-Okay. Y-You can keep it." Niika looks sincerely happy as she holds the flower to her chest with a blushing smile. Seeing Niika like that, made Takuto smile as well. "Oh uh, and another thing." He starts to say, "Today, is a very important day for me. So, in the spirit, I've decided I wanted to clean up some of my affairs..."

"Affairs?" Niika repeated turning her attention back to the red head, "I knew you were a play boy~!"

"Not affairs like that! I mean't like priorities! I've decided to put a few priorities in order. Starting today, I want to start over from the beginning, like a clean slate you know? By taking a few things off my bucket list. So I've come to ask you something...Do you remember the bet we made?"

'Bet?' Niika thought. 'I don't remember a bet. What's he talking about?'

"The one where we were competing to see who gets their first kiss first, remember?" Takuto says. Niika steps back.

"Yeah. W-What of it?"

"Have you? Kissed a guy yet? Or he kissed you?"

"What!? NO!" Niika shouts, "Why would you even~"

Takuto cupped Niika's face while she was talking and suddenly placed his lips on top of hers, closing his eyes in the process. Lingering for a few seconds, Takuto then pulled away and Niika had become dead silent. "Good. Now we can call it a tie and I can move on with my life. Thanks Midori no me!" Takuto turned around and started to walk away casually.

Niika was still frozen. It hadn't yet clicked into her head what had just happened. But when it did Niika's face turned a red that the makers of Crayola would be proud of. "Heh...Heh? HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEH!?" She dashed down the sidewalk towards the front of the school where Takuto was headed. She nabbed him by the collar and tried to choke him by his tie. "T-Takuto! W-What the h-heck was that!?"

"Nii-ka...c-can't b-breathe~" Takuto murmured. She stopped trying to choke him and just gripped the tie tightly. Takuto inhaled and exhaled violently, "All I did...w-was get rid of...the bet so I...wouldn't have to...worry about you...getting ahead!" Niika dropped him.

"Worry about me getting ahead?! What's that suppose to mean?!" Niika puffed up her cheeks in anger.

Once Takuto got a hold of himself he answered her in detail, "Since it is my, I mean it's an important day for me, I wanted to clear up a few things for myself. Since the bet was in the back of my mind kind of bugging me, I wanted to get rid of it once and for all. So I called a tie by kissing you. Don't worry, it was my first kiss 'through the glass' too..." The back of his hand touches his lips as he blushes, embarrassed. "Ah! Now I can move onto dealing with the other mini obstacles I planned to tackle today!" Takuto explained. His reasoning made Niika just look at him. Takuto pulled out a gold pocket watch from his pants pocket and checked the time. "Oh crap! We're going to be late! See you in class Midori no me!"

Niika watched as Takuto scurried away into the school building. She shouted out in frustration, "HUUUUUUUUUUUH!?"

_________________

"The cat licked its paw, happily." The teacher said, "Can anyone pronounce this last sentence? The faster someone answers the question, the faster I'll let the class go to lunch!" She spouted. The rest of the class sighed. The bell had already rung 2 minutes ago. Just about everyone in the class at that moment was wondering why teachers always did this to students. Keep them after the bell for a few minutes to talk about nothing. It's like they were trying to make them be the last ones in the lunch line.

"The rat clicked his paw, hapuily?" Wako had tried to answer. But was wrong.

Unlike everyone else however, Takuto wasn't thinking about that. He was more worried about Niika. She hadn't come to class all day. He hadn't seen her since he talked to her this morning. Since he...kissed her...was it because she wanted to avoid him now? Was it something he said?

"Tsunashi-kun?"

But maybe it wasn't his fault. Maybe it wasn't the fact that he kissed her that she couldn't attend class. Maybe she had fallen ill on her way to class? Maybe she got stuck somewhere? Kidnapped perhaps? Oh god could that have really happened? Then he'd have to leave immediately to save her!

"Tsunashi-kun~" Takuto fidgeted in his seat slightly.

No. Niika wasn't in danger, or he would have sensed it. They were connected after all. Maybe she just went home? Maybe she was angry at her brother and didn't want to be in the same room as him right now. Oh! Maybe they're fighting!? That could be it! But Arata's stayed pokerfaced all morning...Ugh! What ever reason Niika's not in class, it's not his fault. Right?

"Of course it's your fault." Takuto mumbles, "It always is with her..."

"Tsunashi Takuto-kun!" Takuto lifted his head slightly, not exactly pulling away from his thoughts. He was paying attention just enough so that he could hear the teacher talking.

"Hai?" Takuto responded, unenthusiastic.

"Can you pronounce the sentence? I've asked 2 people already. If you can't give the correct answer, that tells me the whole class doesn't get it and I'm giving extra homework tonight so you all can work on pronunciation, grammar, and translation..."

"Typical teacher." Takuto grumbled, "The cat licked its paw, happily."

"Wow...That's correct..." The teacher was taken aback by his sudden answer. "Alright then, we won't have extra homework. Just a little practice on translation. Tonight's homework is page 145 #10-38. Good day everyone! Study up, there's a test next class!" The whole class groaned as they left the room.

"28 questions? That's not extra?" Kazuma asked Sugata when he walked over to him.

Sugata shivered, "Please don't jinx it. She might hear you and add more."

Kazuma sighed and started to walk out, "You guys go on ahead. I have to grab something from my locker."

After putting back his text books, the silver locker door banged back into place. Kazuma strolled down the hallway. He decided to take the pathway outside to the cafeteria. He started to walk, admiring the scenery around him. Then he stopped.

"What do we have here?" Kazuma wandered off the cobblestone path. He walked towards a tree someone was sitting behind. "Mitsuketa*!" (I found you!)

"Kazu-kun." Niika looked at him. "What are you doing here?"

"I could ask you the same thing." Kazuma said, "Have you been here this whole time? I got worried when Arata-kun showed up for class and you didn't." Kazuma sat down next to her. "Did you have a fight? Because of yesterday?" Niika shook her head. "Then what's wrong? Most of the class was wondering why you weren't there, even that red headed idiot..." Niika hugged her knees to her chest, Kazuma narrowed his eyes. "So it's that red headed idiot's fault after all. What did he do now?" Niika was hesitant to tell him.

"Ah...Nothing. Nothing really." Kazuma's face hardened.

"That's not true and you know it." Kazuma says, but Niika doesn't budge. "Fine. I'll give you some space for now. But after classes are over you have to tell me what's up." Niika doesn't say anything. Kazuma frowns looking at her. He stands up and reaches out a hand towards her. "Come on. At least come to lunch." After a minute she finally takes his hand and stands up.

Meanwhile...

Arata finds himself in the wing of the school where all the club rooms are. After scanning the area, he finds the room used for the drama club. "A 3rd year?" He looks through the glass of the door, "Maybe the one in charge..."

"She's pretty~"

"I know, shut up. I'm not in the mood to deal with you right now." Arata steps inside and approaches the girl, "I hear this is where Niika goes when school's out." He doesn't say hello.

"You're correct about that." Arata scans her carefully, "We haven't been formally introduced. I'm Endo Sarina, 3rd year and president of the drama club. Nice to meet~"

"Are you a star driver?" Arata says getting right to the point. He glares at her and Sarina drops her hand slowly. "No, you don't have a cybody mark. But still, I sense you're not normal."

"AH! WHAT ARE YOU DOING ARATA?! YOU CAN'T JUST BE RUDE TO WOMEN!"

Arata clutches the side of his head, 'Anaki! Don't yell at me!'

"THEN START ReSpEcTiNg WaMeN!" (MPK: Where my bro army at? I'm mean sisters? Or is it Squad Fam now~Hehe.)

"I am! I am! Just be quiet!" Arata shouted grimacing angrily at Anaki's strongly resonating voice in his head. He was still not use to how loud the cybody could be, and had not yet learned how to deliberately tune out the strong volume. Understanding what was going on, Sarina smiled.

"Is your cybody bothering you, Takashiro-kun?" Sarina suddenly asked him. Her eyes was giving him a mysterious glare.

"Huh?"

"Is your cybody bothering you?" She repeated already knowing the answer. Sarina's glare turned into an all knowing-like look, "I think it's amazing. Being able to communicate with a cybody is a rare thing. It's a power only you would have, Galaxy Lying Eyes."

"How do you~?"

"Or is it Galaxy Lion Eyes?" Sarina asked curiously, "There has always been a history of miscommunication over the years about the correct name. No one has really known which name was the right one. Only the star drivers that controlled the cybody know for sure. That includes you, Takashiro-kun." Arata's eyes jittered in confusion and panic. Sarina only sighed and continued, "Anyone who knows about cybodies knows who your persona is, and what your cybody mark looks like." She explained, leaning back against the wall. "And it has always been said that your first phase is being able to communicate with cybodies. To be able to hear them speak. Their thoughts and opinions are at your access as well. It's truly remarkable."

"Damn. She has us all figured out huh? Hehe! No point in hiding anything from her~"

"I said be quiet Anaki!" Arata shouted, not caring that it would look like he was speaking to no one. Luckily Sarina had understood what was going on.

"Anaki. Is that his name?" Sarina asked once again already knowing the answer. "It seems like he's awake and very active. Most likely talkative which is probably a bad thing for you am I right?" She stepped closer to Arata. He glared down at her as she lowered her voice. "Because of your first phase, I bet you've had moments here. Times when his voice is so loud, it gives you an annoying headache. Or when you talk to someone, you hear a second voice around, but when you look around nobody else is there." Arata sweatdropped at the fact that what she was saying was completely true.

"What of it?"

"You would learn how to be able to control your special power, if you sided with us." Sarina urged. "Join our club, Takashiro-kun."

Her mysterious aura really bothered him. "All your club members are star drivers, aren't they?"

"No. But they all know about them and acknowledge their existence. We have knowledge that could end up being very useful to you. We can help you, and in exchange you can help us."

Arata pondered for a moment, "No. I won't do this. I won't let you use me."

"Takashiro-kun, there is a growing war happening on this island. One between the Glittering Crux and the freelance Star Drivers. And like it or not, you happen to be involved in this war. Since you are a freelance star driver, one would automatically assume which side you'd be fighting on. But as of right now, you're neutral, undecided. I can't express enough how crucial...no, how beneficial it would be for you to be on our side. The side of the good guys, the freelance Star Drivers." She specified if she hadn't already. Arata seemed to momentarily waver. Sarina took another step closer, "Think about Niika-chan. All you want to do is protect her right? Let us help you. You won't need to protect Niika alone anymore~!"

Arata cut her off, "I've been protecting Niika all my life. Since that day...and you think that if I join you all, things are just going to automatically get easier?" Anaki stayed silent after feeling Arata's growing irritation. His blue eyes grew dark, "I've protected Niika against the world for this long. Tell me, what exactly makes any of you more qualified to do any better of a job? What makes you think that the lot of you individuals, swooping into our lives so suddenly, would make life better for us, huh?" Arata asked menacingly. Sarina didn't answer. "That's what I thought. You can't! So stop acting like you guys will do much more for her than I ever will! I am all that Niika truly has in this world, and all she'll ever need! Niika will stay with me, because that is how it's always been. GOT IT?" He shouted angrily before exiting the area.

"Ah..." Sarina muttered putting her hands on her hips, "I hit a nerve..." She shrugged, "Oh well."

_______________

As the last school bell sounded, most of the students got up to stretch and chat. They all went to talk among themselves. Kazuma practically bounced over to Niika's desk. "So Niika-chan! Are you feeling any better?!"

Niika's response was blunt and delayed, "Ah, Kazu-kun. Yes."

"Are you sure?" He watched the girl. She seemed to be barely paying attention, her head down staring at her desk, in a daze. "Somethings still clearly bothering you. You can tell me. I'm suppose to be your friend remember?" Niika's only response was a light frown.

"Midori no me," Takuto appeared next to them, "Are you ignoring me?" He asked worriedly. When she didn't respond, he waved a hand in front of her face. "Niika?" He frowned at the fact that he had used her actual name and she still hadn't responded. "Niika-chan!"

Niika suddenly jumped, "Ah! Takuto-kun!"

"Are you okay? You weren't in class this morning and..."

"Yes! Why wouldn't I be..." She asked quietly. Kazuma raised an eyebrow at the scene.

"Takuto!" Wako called for him before he could reply. "Come here!" Takuto glanced at Niika once more before moving away towards her.

Kazuma stared down at the brunette again, who had purposely averted her eyes from Takuto's pouting gaze. "He looked pretty hurt just now you know. He's clearly worried about you." He paused, "I remember earlier you hinted that Redheaded Idiot had caused some friction between you two. Will you tell me what's going on now? Class is over..."

Niika stood up brushing a strand of hair behind her ear. "It's nothing really, Kazu-kun." She continued pulling on strands of hair.

"Ah Niika-chan! Don't do me like this! I want to help!" Kazuma pouted. He placed a hand on his chin in thought. "How can I get you to trust me more?"

"Okay! Takuto-kun! It's a date!" Wako suddenly shouted, getting the attention of the whole room. They start to gossip.

"Wha-a~" Before Takuto could even reply, Wako had already grabbed him by the hand and had lead him out the classroom and down the hallway.

"Those two seem to be off in a hurry..." Mrs Watanabe muttered coming over, catching Niika's attention.

"I wonder where they're going..."

"THAT'S IT!"

Niika and Mrs Watanabe jump in unison, "What is!?"

"I have to do my best so she'll look my way! Ah~Niika-chan is putting the pressure on me. Kyaaa!" The boy squealed with his hands on his blushing cheeks. He was clearly too into his private thoughts, having a doki-doki moment. "I'm getting all fired up!" Kazuma cupped a hand around his mouth and then shouted, "Let's go on a date! Niika-chan!" The class froze and noisily gossips about them as well.

"Huh? A date? With you two?" Kazuma ignored Mrs Watanabe.

"What do you mean Kazuma-kun? A date? Like Wako and Takuto?"

"What do ya mean, what do I mean? I mean a date, let's go out today~Just like they did. That way, I can spend some time with you one on one~And I can talk with you privately." He was referring to Mrs Watanabe, but didn't make a gesture.

Niika hesitated, "O-Okay..."

Kazuma took her hand, "Nice! Let's go!"

Mrs Watanabe looked at the scene, "Well well. Good luck Niika! And Kazuma! Try not to have too much fun on Niika's replacement date. Remember you're just a fill in for~"

"Shut up." Kazuma says in a harsh, menacing tone before he leaves the classroom with her. Niika only blinks at his sudden change of attitude, not saying a thing.

"Areh? How rude! He's still as mean as ever..." Mrs Watanabe puts a hand to her heart, "I guess I can't blame him though. You don't normally smile at people you despise. Well whatever."

____________________

"Well, Niika-chan! What do you want to do first!?" Kazuma asked her, completely excited about this. Niika had barely exited the bus. She watched as the bus pulled off.

"It will come back right?"

"Huh? Oh yeah, of course. But we have a good amount of time before then! So let's do as much as we ca~"

"Why did you drag me out here Kazu-kun?" Niika asked looking very worried, "What is this place? It's seems familiar...but it's so, crowded now."

"What do you mean Niika-chan?" Kazuma thought, "Oh yeah, we been here together before, when we experienced that cybody's affects that one time. We're just a little ways from the school." Niika still didn't look at ease. Kazuma sighed, "This is the town area of the island, the more urbanized area. Where all the stores and company buildings are really. A lot of people commute here to get like groceries, and do fun things."

"Fun?" Niika seemed to shiver when remembering that word from before. Kazuma noticed the tiny red flag.

"Sure. You know, like going to the movies?" Thinking Niika would understand, Kazuma laid out some examples. Niika stared at him, "Biking? Fishing? Kite flying?" She still only stared, "Spa treatments? Restaurant eating? Getting ice cream?" Niika's mouth stayed shut. "Oh come onnnn! You've never had ice cream before!? ARE YOU SERIOUS!?" Before Niika's solemn look could reach him, it was replaced by a look of shock. Someone had bumped into her, and she shrieks when he does so.

"Sorry." The man mutters. "Eh?" Niika doesn't reply to him because she's too busy hugging Kazuma to death, shaking.

Kazuma laughs nervously, blushing. "Don't be! You're making my job easier, hehe...he..." The man's girlfriend, who was clinging to his arm, only looked at them before urging her lover to keep moving.

"Uh, is she alright?" A nearby street vendor asked Kazuma. Niika quickly twisted behind Kazuma, shrieking again. The street vendor minded his own business after that.

"There are so many...people!" Niika clutched Kazuma's jacket tightly. Kazuma winced from the minor pain.

"Uh yeah. That's who most likely would inhabit a town. Niika, you're acting like this is you're first time in a public area. Haha!" He moved her hands and held them in his own. When he turned to face her, he finally saw her expression. Kazuma's smile dropped, face hardening. "Oh man, are you okay? Damn, you look like you've seen a ghost!"

Niika was almost in tears, "There's so much...g-going on..."

"It's like this at school though. Is it really bothering you that much?" Niika's current state not only confused Kazuma, but seemed to break his heart. "Quick, come with me." With a resolve, Kazuma grabbed Niika's wrist and tugged on it. "Come on. Hurry!" He ran with her into a mini alley way nearby. The small space was much quieter than the center of the town, where they had just been in. However Niika still didn't seem to calm down. "Hey. Breathe! It's calmer over here..." Niika did as told, but still wore a frown. "Niika-chan, look at me." Growing impatient, Kazuma cupped Niika's face in his hands. "Niika-chan, Look at me." Her emerald eyes finally met his. "Do you remember me? Do you know who I am?"

"Nan...i?"

"Who am I, Niika-chan?"

"K-Kazu-kun..."

"That's right. I'm Kazuma. You met me in our homeroom a few months ago. Then we got to know each other. And I became, your friend. Remember?" Niika's shaking started to subside, "Can you hear me now, Niika-chan?" Kazuma held the girl by the shoulders. "And as your friend, I'm asking you to trust me right now. You have my word that no one around here is going to hurt you. The majority of people around here are friendly anyway. But if someone even dared to try and harm you, they'd have to go through me! You're safe as long as I'm here. Okay, Niika-chan?"

"Yeah, Kazu-kun." She wiped her forming tears away, "I'm sorry~"

Kazuma pulled Niika into a hug, "I don't know what the heck triggered you like that before, but if there's a problem, let me know alright?" She nodded, "Good. You ready to continue our adventure then?"

"Adventure?"

"Yup!" Kazuma smiled, "Our adventure in Southern Cross Town Square! Our mission~" Kazuma animated each motion, "Is to find out what makes this place so amazing! If you choose to except this mission, take my hand!" He held out his right hand for Niika to hold. Niika hesitated. Kazuma whisper, "Psst! It's okay~"

Niika took hold of him, "I accept the mission, Kazu-kun!" She said as confident as she could. Kazuma couldn't help but blush.

"Well...a-alrighty. Hehe." Kazuma scratched his cheek nervously, "First stop! That ice cream parlor!" He pointed down the street from the alley way. He pulled her back out in the open. "You not having ice cream in your life is getting dispelled TODAY!"

_________________

A couple hours and 3 ice cream cones later, Niika only having had one of them, she and Kazuma pass by a bookstore. Kazuma's face lights up. "Ah! It's already out!?"

"Already out?" Niika repeats the male, who's practically banging on the glass display.

"Oh sorry Niika-chan, but do you mind if we go in here a sec?" Kazuma says, hand already twisting the doorknob.

"Sure." Niika said obediently following him inside the store. Kazuma followed the shelves, trailing along them with a finger. Niika looks up and tries to read the sign above her. "M-an-ga?"

"Yup. Manga." When he stops on the title he was looking for, Kazuma bends down and pulls it out. "Ah ha! Gotcha. See? Look Niika-chan." Niika took a peek at the inside cover with him. "Shingeki no Kyojin. Ah! I was waiting for this volume! I heard from a friend that something happened with Eren, so I wanted to get it as soon as possible!" His emerald eyes lit up with delight, "Ah, the Eren titan cover art looks so cool! I really like Isayama's art style."

"You're flipping through it backwards. Won't you spoil the ending for yourself?"

"Oh that, you read mangas backwards, right to left. See? This is the title page." Kazuma gestured to the book.

"Do you like to read these often?"

"I do. But I don't usually by them." Kazuma confesses, "I don't have enough money to buy them all the time, but every now and then I save up a little to get one. It's nice to support the original creator once in a while I think." He says rummaging in the table of contents. "Everything's online these days...Hey. Want to try reading one?" He asked her gesturing to the shelves, "Maybe there's something you might like in here. And I'd always love a new companion to talk about manga with."

"Sure, I don't mind~" Niika says turning to him with a smile.

"You've made a mistake Niika-chan."

"...Areh?"

Kazuma placed a hand on her shoulder, "From this day forth, I will slowly drag you down into anime hell." He said in a deep tone, "So be prepared!" He then said in a lighter tone and with a smile. "So come on. Let's see if we can find one you might be interested in." The two rummage through the section of Japanese manga books. A few minutes later, Niika slid out a book half way. "Whatcha got there?"

"T-Tokyo G-Ghoul."

"Are you a fan of gore?"

"Gore..." Kazuma gently placed a hand ontop of Niika's occupied one and slid the book back in it's place.

"Not for you."

Niika placed a finger on another one. "What about this one?"

"Personally, I'm not a fan of the school life genre." Seeing that she was about to ask why, Kazuma gave her a quick response. "There's not really enough action for me. And most of them end the same way anyhow." Kazuma didn't elaborate anymore, turning to the bookshelf and scrolling through the books, cutting off the topic. Niika put the book back and found a new section.

She slid out a book halfway again, "Boku no P~"

Kazuma slammed his hand into her hand, jamming the book back into place. "DEFINITELY NOT FOR YOU. WHY IS THAT EVEN IN HERE?!" He screamed, earning a shush from the bookstore owner. Kazuma swung Niika-chan around quickly, "TRY LOOKING OVER THERE INSTEAD."

"W-What about Me...Me-ch-as?"

"Let's stay away from mechas. I'm nOt really a fan of ThOsE, aNd I dOn't ThInK yOu sHoUlD bE either." Niika wanted to ask why, but seeing Kazuma's empty expression and hearing his suddenly weird tone of voice startled her. She disregarded her concerns, turning back to the bookshelf and browsing in a new section.

She slid out a book halfway again, "Boku no~"

"Hey I thought I said not to look over here!" When the bookstore owner shushed them again, Kazuma flinched. "Oh wait hold on. Boku no Hero Academia. Yeah, I think you might like this series." He still put the book back, but only to pick out the right volume for her, volume one. He took the two mangas to the cashier and paid for them. "I'm watching that right now actually. The anime. If you like it let me know, then maybe I can put you on it afterwards."

"Okay." Kazuma held the door and they finally exited the shop.

A little later, the two take a walk along the outer edge of the town center, away from the buildings and commercial areas. There was a place Kazuma wanted to show Niika. Along the way, they stop upon a field like area.

"What are those?" Niika points out to Kazuma, "Those stick things out there."

"Oh, those." Kazuma looked over his shoulder, "Those are the guardians."

"Guardians?"

"That's just what they're called around here. There are vipers that come out. Those scare them off so they don't bite." He says putting his hands in his pockets, "Kinda like us Star Drivers, protecting the maidens and the island so that the Crux don't bite." He muttered.

"Vipers? What are those?"

"Vipers? You know, the snakes?" Niika grew pale.

"There are snakes all the way out here!?"

"Yup~And the further we walk away from the town, the more abundant they are~Oooooh!" Kazuma told her.

Niika grabbed his arm, "I've always heard snakes are dangerous, so that makes me scared of them." She tightened her grip moving more behind Kazuma while they walked. "But on the other hand, they sound so cool. And I want to see one."

"Heard? You mean you haven't seen one before? Really?" Kazuma lightly started to look around. "Now I really want to show you one! Imma find one and bring it to you!"

"No don't!"

"Haha! I'm joking. Even I am not crazy enough to do that. But if we do come across one, I'll protect you, Niika-chan."

"Arigatou, Kazu-kun." Kazuma's lingering blush from Niika holding onto him intensified.

"Of course." Kazuma stops suddenly, "We're here. The place I was trying to show you."

Niika looked around. The two had reached the coast of the island. Miles away from the school, the other side of the island where the ferry didn't operate. The sunset was more clear and much closer than before. It reflected along the water, making it look like it stretched forever. Niika's eyes lit up, "Wow! It's so pretty, Kazu-kun!" She ran closer to the tide. She kicked off her shoes and stepped around in it. Kazuma kicked off his shoes and did the same. It was a nice and cool sensation.

After a little while, Kazuma sat down on a nearby rock and watched Niika. She played in the water, splashing around. "She's like a little kid." He saw the sunset shine down on her as she spun around and around until she got dizzy. Kazuma couldn't help but chuckle. Niika then sauntered over and sat down beside him, most likely recovering from her dizzy spell. "Had fun? Hehe."

"Tons!" She smiled innocently. This erupted a warm smile from Kazuma.

"I'm glad. Seems like you like it here."

"I could stay here forever!" Niika told him.

"When I come here, I usually do it to ponder about life. The whats, the whys, and the hows." Kazuma tells her, "Being born on the island, I don't get to see a lot of much elsewhere. I've been to Tokyo on the mainland once, but that's it. I like to think about all the places I could go though, when I'm finally free to explore." Kazuma skipped a small rock that was nearby across the water. "I want to go when all this cybody mess is done with...but I know, that'll be a long time wait, maybe never..."

"You can't leave the island if you have a cybody?" Niika asked.

"Huh? Well, it's different for certain holders. Maidens, nope. Once their cybody is activated. They're not allowed to leave. Warrior cybody holders like us? Ah, your answer is yes. I can leave." He stopped himself before he went on a tangent. "But, I won't. Not now. The Crux...they're lurking around too much. They've become much more active than before. If I left now, there's no telling how much trouble they'd bring. Not just to the island, but eventually to the rest of the world." The wind picked up around them, lightly swishing around their hair. "I have to stay. The island needs me. I'm one of their best chances of survival. Also, this is my home after all. There's a sense of duty there too." Kazuma narrowed his eyes, "I'm trapped, Niika-chan."

"Duty..." Niika repeated. Suddenly the wind blew a little hard, swishing their hair more. Kazuma noticed and leaned back into it.

"Now, I'm not usually one to go outside and enjoy nature. I know that if I had a choice, I'd be in my bed under my covers or in front of my computer." Kazuma admits to her, changing the topic. "But there's something weird about the feeling of a sea breeze. It's nice."

"It's magical." Niika whispers smiling, "When the air meets the water. They tease each other, dancing on each other's surface. It's the wind you feel, before a season changes. I love it."

"...I wouldn't say that...but whatever floats your boat, hehe." Kazuma mutters to himself. "At least she seems to be enjoying herself."

When the sun is almost down, the two head back up the road towards the town again. Kazuma hoped they hadn't missed the last bus. Niika didn't mind the walk though, humming along the way. That kept Kazuma content. Reaching the town sidewalk, Niika sighed.

"I enjoyed today Kazu-kun." Niika told him.

"I'm glad I was able to take your mind off Takuto." Kazuma tells her, "By the way, you never told me what was up with you. What did he do?"

"Oh that." Niika looked down, "He...This morning he, k-kissed me." Kazuma stopped in his tracks.

"He did what?"

"It was so sudden! I didn't expect it at all!"

"Why the hell would he suddenly do something like that?" Kazuma asked visibly irritated.

"H-He said it was to, end a bet we made a while ago. To see who would get their first kiss first, I had forgotten about it. I didn't even know he was serious about it! Thinking about it just makes me so~" Steam came from Niika's ears as she lightly growled. "So...so~!" Niika grabbed her head and tried to shake away her growing blush. "Ah! I'm so confused! Why'd he have to do that, Kazu-kun!?" She wailed. The gesture was overall adorable.

Kazuma turned away from her, "Niika. If you don't mind me dropping the chan." He started, "How do you feel, about Takuto-kun?"

"He's an idiot!" Kazuma chuckled lightly at her quick response.

"Ah ha, aside from that."

"Aside from that?"

"He maybe an idiot in your eyes. But so far, you haven't really said, whether you like him or not." Niika wavered, which caught Kazuma's attention. "Do you hate him?" Niika hesitated before shaking her head no. "Then, do you like him?"

"I don't know." Kazuma looked up to the sky. The stars had started coming out, and the town was much quieter.

"Maybe you're in the middle. You don't hate him, but you don't like him like that."

"Maybe." Niika thought, "What about Kazu-kun?"

"What about me?"

"Do you like Takuto-kun?" Kazuma's eyes widened.

"What!? No! No way! NO WAY!" He denied repeatedly, "I don't like guys! I like girls! Honest!"

"That's pretty mean Kazu-kun."

"Huh!?"

"So you like any girl. But you don't like any guys. What about Sugata? And my brother? They're nice people."

"Sugata a nice person? Maybe. You're brother, is a different story." Kazuma muttered to himself before standing in front of Niika. "Wait a minute! Time out. I don't think we're on the same page. I'm talking about a "romantic" type of like. Don't tell me you were thinking I meant like in general!?"

Niika tilted her head, "I'm confused Kazu-kun."

Kazuma slapped his forehead, "Niika. I don't like Takuto in a romantic way. Actually, to be honest, I don't like him in general either. Something about just doesn't sit right with. And right now, I can't explain what. But I don't trust him. And frankly, you shouldn't either." Kazuma took a deep breath to ease his tension. He started to laugh, "Honestly! You thought I meant in like in a general way didn't you? Haha!" Niika blushed in embarrassment, "Don't you know there's more than one type of like in this world, Niika-chan? Ah ha! Where have you been all your life?" He wiped his eyes, "Trapped in a box? Haha!" Niika flinched. She doesn't respond to his question. Kazuma suddenly caught on to the situation and drops his smile immediately at her silence. He caught her sudden grave expression. "N-Niika?...Are you seri~"

"Look Kazuma! A puppy!" Niika runs away from him without a moments notice. She stops in front of a dog a few meters away from where she left him.

Kazuma stood there, not knowing what to be more dumb founded about. The fact that Niika had left his side so fast just to pet an animal, or the fact that Niika had just silently hinted to him that she had been living in a box most of her life. "T-That can't be literal...can it? It was a joke. I'm over analyzing this. T-There's no way." Kazuma only watches from the same distance away as the smiling brunette laughed as the small puppy licked her face with delight. He had a hard time believing that someone who could manage a smile that big, could have gone through anything...traumatic. His eyes narrowed, "Just what the heck have you gone through, Niika-chan?"

________________

When the owner finally hauls the puppy away, Niika and Kazuma stand together once more. Niika looks up at the sky, "I miss the sunset. I'd never seen a sunset like that before~"

Kazuma swung the plastic bag of books around, "Now I know you're messing with me. Sunsets like that happen everyday, it just depends on where you are looking at them. You need to look up at the sky more often, Niika-chan." He said in a quieter tone, still in shock from his earlier thoughts. "It's late. Let's get a bite before you head home."

"A bite?"

"A bite to eat." He explains quickly. "Food. From that place there, The Tropical Cafe." He pulls her over, "I know the owner. And the food's good, trust." When he opens the door, something bangs into Kazuma's. "Ah-ahh!" He picks it up off him immediately. "Huh!? Vice Prez!?"

"Vice!" The little and white yellow fox ambushes Niika as well, but she is able to catch him in her hands. "Aww!" She pets him lightly. Kazuma calms down and smiles.

"Kazuma-kun! Long time no see!" The Tropical Cafe owner calls out to him. "Late night snack?"

"Haha very funny." They greeted with a handshake.

"Good. Ah, remembered that last surf board you sold me? It handled like a beauty." The man told him. "I plan to do some more business with the store soon."

"I'm sure my uncle would love to hear that."

"Speaking of beauties, who's this one?"

"This is Takashiro Niika. She's new on the island." Niika bowed politely.

"Another offlander? That was fast. I didn't expect to meet another one this late at night." He muttered, "It's nice to meet you though, Niika-chan."

"Another?"

He gestured behind the plant, "The easedropper there." The person shrieked and ducked.

"T-Takuto?" The red head muttered something and stood up.

"N-Niika-chan? Konbanwa*..." (*Good Evening) Vice Prez moved to Niika's shoulder.

Kazuma scoffed, "How ironic." He noticed Wako sitting at a table not to far from them. "I guess we don't need to find a table. You've already reserved a spot." He instinctively grabbed Niika's hand. "Hey. We'll have the usual tonight." He told the owner before brushing past Takuto.

"Sure thing Kazu!" He exited into the back as the four got situated at the table. Niika went to sit next to Wako, but after seeing a spark travel between Kazuma and Takuto, she made sure to sit with Kazuma, to keep the peace. It didn't really help though, the two still ended up across each other. They held each other's glares.

"Uh...What were you guys doing out here this late?" Niika asks Wako. Before Wako could answer, Takuto answered.

"We were hungry." He stated vaguely.

"We were in town all day, then it got late." Wako tried to clear things up. "You?"

Kazuma answered glare pouring into Takuto's, "A date." Takuto seemed to waver.

"Kazuma took me out and cheered me up." Niika says, "I had a lot of fun seeing the island!" Takuto sweatdrops and Kazuma smirks triumphantly.

"I'm glad you like it. Our home does have it's perks." Wako's light smile faded. "Actually, we weren't just going through town. Takuto was trying to cheer me up too."

"Huh!?" Kazuma turns to Wako and Takuto returns the triumphant smirk.

"Yeah Kazuma. I wasn't trying to show off for her. What type of gentleman would do that?" There was a sparkle in his teeth.

"You shut up!" Vice snuggles into Niika's shoulder.

"Today is Sugata's birthday. But Sugata hates his birthday."

"What? Really?" Takuto muttered, "What a coincidence."

"What is?" Niika asked.

"Nothing." She pouted out of frustration.

"Why does he hate his birthday Miss Wako?" Kazuma asks. The food comes out and is set on the table, but all eyes are on Wako.

"The name "Sugata" is given to the people in the Shindo family, who are born with the mark. It's a very special name." Wako explained, "You see, exactly five years ago, Sugata learned about his birth and the secret of the Cybodies on his birthday. Ever since then, he's hated his birthday."

Kazuma's eyes narrowed, "And?" Takuto stepped on his leg. "Hey!"

"Hey yourself. Be respectful." Takuto told him, "Bringing up the topic of cybodies doesn't give you the right to start getting pissy."

"You..." Kazuma gritted his teeth. Upon seeing Niika's worried expression, he trailed off.

Wako continued, "Sugata's cybody is... kinda different from the rest. Cybodies like the three of yours, are Warrior Cybodies. The ones like mine, Maiden Cybodies. But the one held by the Shindo family...by Sugata, is the King Cybody. Most likely the strongest on the planet." Wako gripped her hands together. "But the Cybody seems to be broken. It won't move these days."

"So he can't pilot it?" Takuto asked.

"Even though the Cybody won't move, it can still be apprivoised. And the Driver that does it gains an incredibly powerful first phase."

"First phase?"

"A Cybody power that you can use, once you've apprivoised, even outside of Zero Time. Like you being able to hear the maidens when they need help, Niika." Kazuma explained, "Or like mine that stops time for a little." Niika nodded understanding.

"I wonder if I have one..." Takuto muttered.

"Probably. But you're probably too dumb to even notice it." Kazuma took a sip of his drink.

"Hey!"

"Unlike us Maidens, Sugata is capable of leaving the island if he wanted. But to prevent that kind of power from being used outside the island, he's prohibited from leaving. So he's trapped on this little deserted island. Like us maidens."

"You're the ones with cybodies who can't leave." Niika understanding from her and Kazuma's earlier conversation.

"What kind of power does Sugata have?"

"Nothing."

"What?"

"He has a mark, but he's never apprivoised. And he shouldn't." At this Kazuma closes his eyes and bows his head over silently. Takuto and Niika were the only ones out of the loop. "All the people who have apprivoised with the King Cybody...As far as we know, every one of them has unleashed a first phase called the King's Pillar...and then fallen into a deep sleep." Wako looked like she was going to cry, "Not one has awakened."

____________________

"Wako...Feels for Sugata doesn't she?" Niika whispered. She and Kazuma walked a little ways behind Wako and Takuto. They all decided to walk Wako home first.

"Sarina-senpai mentioned that they were betrothed before right? So I think it's natural." Kazuma answered, "I don't know what Takuto was thinking, taking Wako on a date. Especially on such an important day for Sugata."

"Takuto too."

"Hmm?"

"Nothing." Niika watched the two in front of them. "Whatever those two are talking about, it must be serious."

"I bet he's still trying to make a move on her. Telling me to be respectful, he's definitely hitting on an engaged woman!" Kazuma whisper-shouted. "If anything happens between those two, the Maiden could lose her power anyway. I'm going to break this up~!" Suddenly Takuto grabbed Wako's hand and ran the opposite direction of everyone's travel. "What the~Takuto!?"

"Come on! If you don't want to slack behind!" Takuto shouted in the distance. Niika ran behind them. Kazuma muttered a curse word before joining her. They all stop a few miles away.

"What was that all about!?" Kazuma exclaimed when they all caught their breath. "Why are we at Sugata's?"

"I'd like to know that t-too." Wako says. Everyone looks to Takuto. Takuto knocks on the front door. Jaugar opens it.

"Takuto-san, before you start. My apologies, but the master will not see anyone today." Tiger peeped in the doorway as well. She waved to Kazuma, and he sweatdropped when returning the gesture.

"Is he in the house?"

"...He has been alone in the training room."

"Got it. Thanks." Takuto walked away with Wako back down the path where they had just came from. The other two followed. "Here's about good."

"Hold on! What are you trying to do?"

"Wako's going to sing."

"Sing?" Kazuma and Niika asked in unison.

"Why?" Wako asked.

"Sugata's in a bad mood today right. You're his betrothed, so if he hears you sing, it'll make him feel better. Then maybe he'll come out and accept his birthday gift you bought him." Takuto explained gesturing to the bag he held, "This is a present from us to Sugata. And it's a present to myself too..."

"Yourself?" Kazuma pondered, then he understood. "Oh. That's what you meant." He whispered to Niika.

"Will you sing? Wako-chan?"

"...Yes." Wako finally answered. Takuto sat on a nearby rock. As Wako started to sing, Takuto closed his eyes. Niika watched him, for some reason feeling depressed. Kazuma couldn't help but notice.

"Niika, come over here with me. I need to talk to you."

Meanwhile with Arata...

"Niika! Niika-chan!" Arata had walked up a hill calling out for his sister. "Where the heck could she be? She never is this late coming home."

"Mmmmm, uh oh. What is the Crux took her?"

"Shut UP, Anaki."

"No no! I'm serious!"

"And I don't care!" Arata was irritated enough at the absence of his little sister. He didn't need his cybody to add more stress onto the spiking blood pressure. That's when he heard the singing, "Down below?...Is that Wako? And Takuto?"

"Look look! And Niika-chan too! And she seems to be cuddling with Kazuma-kun! Ooooooh! What a turn of events!"

Cuddling was a stretch. Niika was sitting with Kazuma a little ways away from the singing. "But why?"

"Maybe they're together now."

"No way." Arata muttered. "There's more to the story."

"But it would explain while she was out so late~"

Arata scoffed at his sing song tone. But his cybody had a point. Suddenly he heard footsteps a little a ways from him. Arata hid behind a tree. A girl in a scaly costume came out and peered down below and the teens. She then hid her face with a mask. "Wait a sec, I know her...that's Yano Mami. She's in my physics class. What is she wearing though? And why is she here?"

"Uh...Arata..."

"Yo, Yano-chan." Arata greeted the girl.

"Arata! What are you doing!?"

He tried his best to ignore Anaki, "What are you doing out here?"

"My name is Ondine!"

"Nice try. But I've seen your face already." Arata told her continuing to approach her. The girl paled and stepped back. "Isn't it too early for Halloween?"

"Get back Arata!" She cursed to herself, "Run away! If you stay you'll ruin everything!" She then looked at Arata's chest. "Hold on, you're a cybody user?" She asked.

"Arata! Let's get away from here! You only came for Niika right? You shouldn't be talking to this person right now!"

Arata twisted his ears to stop the ringing from Anaki's loud voice. "What of it?"

The girl placed three fingers near her eye. "Glittering Star!"

Arata tilted his head, "What, was that?" Mami backed up, "It kind of looks familiar?"

"You didn't respond to the salute. You're not in the Crux! You're one of them!" She got in a fighting position, "Stay back or else!"

"The Crux?"

"ARATA YOU BIG DUMMY! SHE'S A MEMBER OF THE CRUX DAMMIT SO RUN AWAY!"

Arata's eyes narrowed. They wanted to widen, but Anaki's yell made then wince together. "Oh."

"Swim, Mermaidoll!" A huge glow erupted from "Ondine's" chest, a huge glowing version of herself coming out of her body.

"THIS IS WHY I SAID TO RUN!"

"SHUT UP ANA~UUH!" Mermaidoll flew into Arata and sent him back flying down the hill a little ways. He hit a tree with a lot of force.

"Did you feel that?" Takuto asked, but no one around him answered. He opened his eyes and looked around. Wako was almost finished with her song, but it seemed as if Kazuma and Niika hadn't really heard a word. Takuto jumped off the rock and started to approach the two, until he heard Kazuma's words.

"Because I like you, Niika."

Takuto froze, "Huh?" 

"And I mean it in a romantic way, not in a general sense. You're honestly the first girl I've ever thought about in this way." 

Niika froze too, "Eh?"

"However, you don't see it, but I think...Takuto may like you in that way as well." The world seemed to stop for several seconds for everyone.

"Kazu..."

Kazuma gripped a fist tightly, "That's why...I~"

"WAKO-SAN! LOOK OUT!" A shout from above caught everyone's attention. Takuto panicked.

"WAKO!?"

And so the adventure of life goes on.

___________________

MPK: Read & Review!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 44.6K 51
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
Fake love By :)

Fanfiction

113K 2.6K 42
When your PR team tells you that we have to date a girl on the UCONN women basketball team and you can't say no to it... At first you don't think too...
1.1M 49.2K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
472K 13.7K 105
"aren't we just terrified?" 9-1-1 and criminal minds crossover 9-1-1 season 2- criminal minds season 4- evan buckley x fem!oc