The Hollows In Our Freedom |...

By __queenly__

'The inferno never ceased, and even when it did, the wind carried the blaze across, and it skimmed our heads... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
✧ end of a-side ✧
✧ 06/11 - fragments of b-side ✧
✧ 06/12 - fragments of b-side ✧
✧ a-side recap / b-side begins ✧
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Chapter Sixty-Five
Chapter Sixty-Six
Chapter Sixty-Seven
Chapter Sixty-Eight
Chapter Sixty-Nine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy-One
Chapter Seventy-Two
Chapter Seventy-Three
Chapter Seventy-Four
Chapter Seventy-Five
Chapter Seventy-Six
Chapter Seventy-Seven
Chapter Seventy-Nine
Chapter Eighty
Chapter Eighty-One
Chapter Eighty-Two
Chapter Eighty-Three
Chapter Eighty-Four
Chapter Eighty-Five
♔ CAST LIST ♔
Chapter Eighty-Six
Chapter Eighty-Seven
Chapter Eighty-Eight
previously

Chapter Seventy-Eight

5 0 0
By __queenly__

_________________________________

T h e   H o l l o w s   I n
O U R  F R E E D O M
_________________________________

A L E X I

I sighed, running my hand through my hair as I poured glasses of water for me and Jace. I couldn't help but feel as though I had vacated my body. Today had both challenged and shocked me.

Sky and Jameson are having a child.

And only I knew.

"Lex,"

I jumped with such a fright that I knocked the jug of water off the side, sending a tsunami across the kitchen floor. Jace was at my side in a second as a string of profanities fell from my lips.

"Lex," he said, repeating my name as I threw bundles of kitchen paper to the floor. He said my name once more, gripping onto my arm to stop me slipping when I tried to bend down to clear up the mess.

I froze, feeling as he steadied me. I tried to avoid his eyes, not feeling like trying to explain myself like I knew he would want me to do. It's a therapist thing. When I did look at him, though, he was already gazing down at me with eyes tight with concern. Then I realised I was shaking.

"Lex, I'll clear it up, it's fine." He proceeded to say, before guiding me over to the dining table and persuading me to sit down.

Jace cleared up the water with a mop that was in a cupboard a metre away from the spillage.

As the mess was being cleared, I turned into the table and held my face in my hands. Moments later, I felt a hand touch my shoulder before hearing a chair being moved from beside me.

"How am I a Guardian when I can't protect anybody?" I burst out, feeling as my eyes stung. There's a certain type of ache in your face when you're trying not cry—which I did a lot.

"You're not supposed to protect anyone but Sky." He said, then I felt as he pressed his palms to my back, and he started to rub circles into it gently.

I shook my head, "That's what I'm saying—I couldn't do that. I can't protect anybody," I had a feeling that Jace was about to respond, but I went ahead. "I couldn't protect Carter, I couldn't protect Sky when she got locked in that hell of a place, I couldn't protect Sky and Jameson when the loft exploded at the Academy, I couldn't protect Sapphire, I couldn't protect Sky when all she needed was to tell me that–" I froze, lifting my head to turn to Jace. "I can't tell you that part, at least not yet," I told him, hoping he wouldn't ask any questions.

Jace's lips upturned into a small smile. "See, you're protecting her now."

I stared at him, confused at his ability to be so optimistic in this moment. He reached out to grasp onto my hand, holding it in his larger ones. "We all make mistakes," he said, making me frown.

"That might be true but mine have resulted in deaths and broken hearts." I sighed, pulling my hand from Jace's, feeling his eyes watch me as I did so.

"I'm going to make sure that Sky is okay," I said, before rounding the table and leaving the room.

I thought I'd try Sky and Jameson's room, but only got so far when I heard voices coming from the living room. I frowned, following the voices and coming to a stop when I could make out what they were saying.

"...So I did a test, two weeks ago," I felt bad for listening, even though I've done worse things in my lifetime. There was a pause in which I heard nothing.

"I'm pregnant, Jameson." I held my breath for his response. Jace appeared from the kitchen suddenly, frowning at me. I clenched my jaw when I saw him, signalling for him to be quiet.

"We're..?" I watched Jace join me, confused. I knew he could hear the conversation too.

I heard Jameson swear, and I pulled my bottom lip between my teeth, anticipating the moment when he would get angry.

"I can't believe it," he said, and I frowned, "that's amazing, Sky."

"Amazing?" I heard Sky respond, the emotion clear in her voice, "I'm pregnant at seventeen, Jameson."

I heard a sharp intake of breath from Jace and turned to see his eyes wide with shock. I instantly felt guilty for allowing him to find out Sky's big secret. I shouldn't even know myself—Sky should've told me; it's too private for Jace to know.

My mouth forming a grimace, I reached out and grasped onto Jace's wrist, tugging him away from the crime scene. I pulled him into the library, leading us through the maze and finding a place where we wouldn't be heard. Ironically, we didn't speak for a while, just staring over at the shelves upon shelves of books. I didn't even know what half of it was.

I inhaled, "You weren't supposed to hear that."

Taking a moments pause, Jace proceeded to say, "I know."

I closed my eyes, shaking my head. We remained in silence for a few more minutes as I tried to think.

"You can't repeat this to anyone. Not until Sky tells us—if she does." Jace nodded silently, eyes telling me that he was somewhere else, thinking.

"How long have you known?" Jace asked, eyes eventually finding me.

I shook my head, "I only realised today—and it kind of makes sense, like a lot of sense."

"That she'd be pregnant?" Jace asked, confused.

I frowned, "Kind of, not really," I crossed my arms over my chest, "no I just mean that, looking back at it now, I can see all the signs. I mean, her extreme happiness, then her extreme sadness. And then...when Richard died, before that, she had a bulletproof jacket, but she held it over her stomach and not her heart."

I exhaled. "She had the same instincts as her father—protect the one you love."

It was then that Jace stepped forward and embraced me. I was surprised; I was never usually hugged in circumstances like these—aside from a hug from Sky.

He read me well. All I wanted was to just bury my face into his chest and forget that the female body produces babies and blood. The latter isn't really necessary in the situation at present, but still.

"She's far too young," I whispered into Jace's shirt, running my finger down the seams.

Jace pulled me in tighter, "She's Sky Beaufort."

I smiled, "And he's Jameson Fahr." I responded.

Jace laughed, "Exactly. I'm sure they'll be just fine."

I closed my eyes, relaxing into him, "I hope so." Jace hummed, resting his chin on the top of my head as he ran his fingers through my hair. "At least I finally get a chance to see those model babies."

Jace laughed, his body shaking mine. "You have weird optimism, Lex."

"You love it." I teased.

Without pulling away, he said, "I do."

I was grinning, completely smitten. Once upon a time, a very hot and strong girl—as all girls are—fell for a smouldering therapist. Fast forward, he caught me.

The sound of someone clearing their throat surprised me—I hadn't anticipated that anyone would be joining us in our moment. I pulled away from Jace, frowning. I looked up at him, seeing his lips parted and his eyes wide.

My frown deepened, and I followed his gaze to whatever or whoever was behind me. I froze when I saw who it was.

I stared at him.

_________________________________

yummy scrummy in my tummy

y'all I think they should call the baby Skameson

throoowwwbaacccckkkk

WAIT THEY CAN JUST CALL IT SON

lmaooo

-hi I'm child of JJ and Sky so I am Skyson - son of Sky #GENDERREVEAL

FABULOUS SONGS

Songs that played when I was writing this chapter (in order):
Raise the Dead - Rachel Rabin
Her (Loving You) - Glades
I Gave It All - Aquilo
Run - Leona Lewis
People Help The People - Birdy
BTSK - MS MR
One Last Time - Ariana Grande
The Writer - Ellie Goulding
Angels (Above Me) - Say Lou Lou
TALK ME DOWN - Troye Sivan
Game of Survival - Ruelle
Let Me Down Gently - La Roux
Settle - Vera Blue
My God - Rae Morris
Under The Sheets - Ellie Goulding

END OF FABULOUS SONGS

Date written:
19/06/18 (happy sequel!!)
20/06/18
25/06/18

___________
Next update: Wednesday
___________

CHAPTER SEVENTY-NINE SPOILER:
(end of an era 👀 and getting close to the end 😭)

Who is our mystery guest?

And what are their intentions?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

696K 16.6K 62
August & Colin | WRU series | book 1 We take risks. We make mistakes. We lie. We love. We hurt. We lose total control. I took a risk. I paid the pri...
189K 6.6K 32
"As you said yourself, you know me." "But I don't, not really," He starts, studying my body swiftly and making my breath catch in my throat. Shivers...
35.7K 730 41
They say all good boys go to heaven, but bad boys bring heaven to you. And that's what he brought me, Heaven. We were terribly perfect for each othe...
Submission By korielyn

Mystery / Thriller

3.7M 98.2K 43
Highest ranking #1 as on 4th July 2017 "Tell me you are mine" the cold, sharp, merciless blade tried to force me into submission. Into HIS submission...