Prove It [Undergoing Construc...

By there_is_always_hope

Call me the girl that no one ever noticed. Call me the girl that no one ever cared about. Call me the girl... More

All Rights Reserved
Dedication
Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter [1]
Chapter [2]
Chapter [3]
Chapter [4]
Chapter [5]
Chapter [6]
Chapter [7]
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Sequel News

Chapter 31

1.5K 78 61
By there_is_always_hope

Chapter 31

(NOT EDITED)

“Umm… Luke, she’s falling asleep, I don’t think falling asleep will do her good; we need to get her to a hospital, like now.” I felt Kai’s chest rumble as he talked. My eyelids were growing really heavy.

Kai stopped walking.

I felt someone’s warm hand touch my cheek, it was so warm, I pushed my face into it. “She’s cold as ice, and she’s too pale.” That was Luke’s voice.

“Lottie.” I forced my eyes open. “Hmm?”

“How’d you learn to fight?” I think that was the other guy, Blade was it?

My brain wanted to explain everything but I was too exhausted to talk, so I muttered one word.

“Bruce…”

I felt Kai’s grip tighten.

“Bruce?” he asked.

“Is, my friend…?” I whispered. “Was…”

“Blade round the corner. On three.” Luke’s voice called to Blade.

I heard muffled groan, and shuffling around before, “Gabriella, can you try to stay awake? Or do you want me to wake you up?” I looked up at Kai’s eyes. He’s eyes, the green eyes, with specks of blue and maybe even a hint of brown. “I can’t I’m tired.” I whispered. Then I felt his lips on mine. My slowed down heart was racing again.

My blood pumped and warmth returned to my cheeks. A smile crept to my lips, and my eyes widened at what Kai just did. “There. You’re awake now.” He smirked at me. More shuffles and grunts, I saw Luke’s head popping from around the corner, “Come on.”

Kai jogged over, with me still in his arms.

“Were almost out, I’m pretty sure, I’ve seen this corridor before.” Luke mumbled. Then we heard voices. Kai quickly hid around the corner. I saw Blade push up against the wall with his feet, and was now almost doing the split right under the ceiling. Awesome.

Luke huddled into the little gap in the wall, waiting for the men to pass by.

Kai held me closer against the wall, we waited like that while I heard, Blade jumping down and growls and sickening sound of knives, being stabbed into skins, and knuckles making contact with faces, and bodies.

When Luke came around he grabbed my arm and tossed it around his shoulder, with his other hand around my waist, keeping me in balance. I heard Kai, talk to no one in particular, muttering to himself.

Jackie, Felix and Pixel, how’s it going?

We’re almost out.

Clear the way.

And I thought I was crazy.

I looked up at Luke. He was looking down at me, and gave me a little smile. My heart clenched, guilt was what I was feeling now. Mum died because of me. Luke’s hurt and tired because of me. I always get myself into trouble.

My face fell and I looked away.

“What made you come back?” I whispered. Still avoiding eye contact. Before he could utter a word. Kai glanced over. “Luke it’s now or never, we need get out now, in two minutes, we need to hit the road, or were done for.”

I didn’t want to know why or how he knew that and I wasn’t too keen on knowing what he meant.

Luke passed me over to Kai again, and on three we burst out the door, Blade and Luke in the front.

~~~

We heard gun shots in the distance.    

That’s were Felix was, that wasn’t supposed to happen. I turned around to call Pixel over to get down. But before I could utter a word half a dozen men came out of the front entrance that we just came out of, each was carrying a gun.

Gabriella hid into me, whispering, “That’s the man who beat me up.” I saw pixel’s shadow, a top but didn’t take my eyes of the men, Luke and Blade, were huddled up against the wall still unseen, then each grabbed one men from the rear.

Pixel jumped down onto another.

Then I came back to my senses. “Jackie, Felix help ambush!”

“GO!” Luke shouted to me, I was bolting towards the direction of the bikes, running with Gabriella in my arms.  That wasn’t supposed to happen.

“Guys, retreat, and get out now!”

I called again. When I looked back, one man had a gun in his hand and aiming at Gabriella, before he could shoot, I turned around, making sure, to protect Gabriella.

“PLAN B” I shouted. Plan B, was exit run for it, forget everything and get away.

I heard gunshots, before; I felt the two metal fragrances, pierce, into me, one in my shoulder, and another in my lower back. Everything went completely silent. All movement around me slowed down to an excruciating pace.

My pulse pounded through my body, and escaped in flowed freely through the open shot wound. I felt no pain, I felt no sorrow. I was only amazed by all that surrounded me. I looked down at my hand, and flexed it. I was amazed at how the muscles flexed back and forth perfectly. Yet I knew soon moving would be impossible. I fell to the ground, a dull ache forming in my shoulder and back. Gabriella fell out of my hands and to the ground. Her eyes widened, glistening and wet. The sounds around us were muffled.

I looked into her big, brown eyes, tears were streaming down her face, and she kept screaming my name. I smiled at her, and reached for her cheeks wiping away her tears, with my thumb, I coughed, a tear sliding out of my eye, she clutched my hand, squeezing hard. It hurt to talk, my mum.

I left a note saying ‘won’t be home for a few days, staying with a friend, be back soon. Love you.’ I knew she’d worry. At least I told her. I gasped as my hearing returned. I took that chanced. I inhaled sharply. “Gabriella, take care of Grace, don’t tell her what happened,”

“No! You’re coming with me, please. Kai. Don’t leave me. Kai, I l-l-love you please. Stay awake!” She was panicking. “LUUUKEE!” I heard her scream. I could taste blood.

“Gabby… I love you too, take care of yourself, go home, stand up tall, proud and fly, don’t be afraid to be yourself, I wanted you to be m-mine, you’re special. You were my inspiration.” I strained a smile. I clenched harder to stop the blood flowing from my back, I was getting light headed. It was painful, but it felt right. At least, I tried. I inhaled and exhaled sharply. My head was pounding.

AJ would be proud.

My eyelids were growing heavy, my body, was becoming unresponsive.

“KAI STAY WITH ME PLEASE!!!”

“You can’t go… you can’t leave me… Kai!!!”

“…please…”

Her voice was slowly fading along with the world; I saw images, memories flash before my eyes, smiles, laughter, happiness and lastly I saw Gabriella’s beautiful face. Gabriella, my angel, sent from heaven. So this is death, the best thing was that I didn’t die for nothing. And I knew it. 

Gabriella you’ll be free and fly, because you’re my angel.

~~~

Gunshots, I heard Blade’s grunts as he was knocking over a guy, Pixel, jumped on another guy, wait where’d she come from?

“LUUUKEEE!!!”

Charlotte.

I kicked the guy and pushed him off me, reversing our position and punched him with everything I had. When I looked over at where Charlotte was… I froze. Crap. This can’t be happening. Kai, was lying in a pool of his own blood. I saw him struggling. I was about to run over when another guy grabbed me.

Lottie…

I kicked the man in the chest I saw two shadows, run towards us each from opposite direction, one stopped the other continued running.

Next thing I knew was the remaining men we were fighting dropped to the ground. I looked over to see Felix grinning at me, Jackie ran up to us. His face scrunched up in confusion, smirk disappearing. “Where’s the awesome Kai, his plan all worked-”

“KAAAAAAAII GET UP!!!” I heard Lottie scream.

Shit.

I ran up to her, bent over form, she was clutching to Kai’s t-shirt that is now soaked with blood. He looked still, too still his eyes closed.

“No, no, no… you promised!” She continued to scream. I was numb, she loved him that much. I didn’t know what to do.

She just kept crying, sobbing.

“It’s all my fault… everything is my fault…” she sobbed.

 I stepped closer to her cautiously. “Lottie that’s not-”

She didn’t let me finish. “NO STAY AWAY FROM ME, you might be next, mum and now Kai.”

I flinched. I felt hopeless.

“KAI PLEASE GET UP PLEASE!” she shook Kai’s form.

Pixel was wiping her face, Felix looked pale, eye’s wide in disbelief. Jackie, was looking at the ground, his hands rubbing his neck.

Blade, looked pissed off.

Jackie, tensed, “Do you hear that?” everyone shut up, even Lottie’s wails and sobs quieted down. After a few more seconds, I heard it footsteps, and a car engine revving. The swirving off the wheels against the ground.

Before I could stop her Charlotte was up and limping to the nearest man pulling out his gun. When the car came into view.

“EVERYONE DOWN!” I shouted, everyone got down, as I launched myself at Lottie, pulling her down under me. A shower of bullets flew above us, Charlotte, whimpered and pushed into me. No one got wounded, when they finally ceased, Charlotte pushed me off, and got to her knees, she closed one eye as she aimed the gun, and shot until the gun emptied at the car.

I didn’t know what she was trying to aim at, until I heard swerving of the car, as it collided with the tree. Wheels. Even I did think of that, she crawled back to Kai, still sobbing quietly into his chest.

 I heard voices coming from inside, at least half a dozen.

“Blade, take her, go!” I called over Blade ran over to Charlotte, and pulled her away. “NO LEAVE ME ALONE!” she tried to fight, but she was too tired. “please…” she begged. Then she collapsed, onto Blade. Still pleading for no reason. Blade held her bridal style and ran to our bikes.

I fought with a man trying to knock him out. “Guys get out of here!” I yelled to the rest. Jackie ran towards me while the rest trailed behind Blade. “Come on…” Jackie pulled me, as more men came out. He threw something  over, and we bolted as gas erupted everywhere, I ran over to where Kai’s body was to take him with us but all I found was blood, they took him.

“COME ON!”

I ran after Jackie, “They took him.” he looked just as confused as me. “Why?” he asked. He shrugged. We jumped on our bikes, and followed the rest of the squad.

We came here with the intention seven would return.

Yet we returned with six.

Mission would’ve been really successful if it wasn’t for Kai. He was, is a hero, he’s plan saved us, all. All except himself. He sacrificed his life for Charlotte.

Nothing could ever repay that.

Kai was a brave, courageous boy.

Kai, you’re forever in our hearts.

Vote 

Comment 

and RIP Kai....sorry guys......

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

116 2 28
Gabriella Bella Brooks and Brandon Aleczander Brooks the most known people in there school and town for being twins and on multiple sports teams. The...
256K 8.3K 32
I don't know when it happened, or how, but I know I'm crazy. Nothing more, nothing less. Or well, maybe add weird too. Most people tend to stay away...
248K 5.2K 59
"Who the fuck did you tell?" He asks me as he takes a step closer towards me, making me also take a few steps back. "Stop being so fucking loud and...
333 24 17
Never in her wildest dreams, she would have thought that her past trauma would greatly affect her life. Annie... Annie... Those words were like need...