Home Sweet Home

By laylah678

It’s time for Summer to go back home, her husband Liam has been offered the opportunity of a lifetime, meanin... More

Chapter 1- Leaving Home
Chapter 2- The Unexpected Opportunity
Chapter 3- My Boss Is Corrupt
Chapter 5- First Impressions Do Count
Chapter 6- We've Been Invited To A Party!
Chapter 7- A Blast From The Past
Chapter 8- Do I Know You?
Chapter 9- Part 1- I Need A Ride Home
Chapter 9 - Part two- I need you

Chapter 4- The Journey

663 73 73
By laylah678

THIS HAS NOT BEEN EDITED

*****************************************************************************************************

“We’ll just have to go” Summer finished the line for him.

 Liam looked at Summer and gave her a small smile, he reached over and took her hand and squeezed it. Then he looked at Kaitlin and gave her a sad smile.

“I’m sorry” he said.

Kaitlin looked at the two and stormed out before she burst in to tears. It’s so unfair she thought to herself, Kaitlin was angry; Liam was the only brother she could actually get along with, the others were awful and they were the real ones.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Well then, I suppose we’ll be in England by the end of the week” Summer said quietly.

“I guess we will” Liam agreed.

CHAPTER 3

“Excuse me ma’am but that’s first class” the air hostess said trying to block the way so Summer couldn’t pass.

“Yes, I know” Summer replied trying to unclasp Lilly-Mae’s sticky hands from her neck.

“So you know you can’t wander in as you please” the air hostess continued.

“What? Of course I am my seat is in there!” Summer told her moving Lilly-Mae to her other hip getting flustered.

The air hostess looked at Summer disapprovingly taking in the tiny wet patch on her right shoulder that had come from Lilly-Mae’s tears.

Summer tried to barge past the air hostess but she was unsuccessful.

“I’m afraid I need to see proof” the air hostess said.

“For god’s sake!”Summer cried “Fine, you want proof, watch this” she glared at the air hostess and took a deep breath then bellowed “Liam bring the bloody tickets here!!!” earning her dirty looks from rest of the passengers.

“I’m afraid I’m going to have to ask you to leave” The air hostess said to Summer looking at her as if she was insane.

“Are you mad?” Liam asked causing the air hostess to jump; she looked at him and blushed.

“Sorry, was I blocking your way?” she asked him smiling sweetly.

“No, but you are blocking my wife’s way, so if you could just move here and...” he said taking summer’s arm making her push into the air hostess and causing her fall onto a passenger.

“Thanks very much” Liam said before turning to return to his seat.

“Bloody witch” Summer growled.

Liam laughed “Well at least she got what she deserved”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Quick, Ava, Cayden get up now!” Summer said about three hours later “We need to get off first” she added grabbing the bags from the compartment.

“Why did we bring so much hand luggage?” she asked Liam as the bags crashed down to the floor.

“Wasn’t my idea” he replied a smile twitching at his lips.

Summer had insisted that eight packets of tissues weren’t enough for the journey, as weren’t seven comics, ten packets of sweets and ten kinds of medicines. Liam felt a laugh rise as he watched Summer frantically push all the children out of the plane before everyone else, so that they wouldn’t get stuck behind in all the rush.

“what are you smiling about?” Summer asked Liam as she caught sight of his face.

“Nothing much” he replied putting arm around her waist pulling her close “Summer look, you really need to stop panicking, it’s going to be fine, we have plenty of time until the next flight”

But Summer was already running off shouting at Ava because she thought she had taken hold of a bag that wasn’t theirs.

“Ava, darling where did you find this?” Summer asked Ava taking the bag from her and inspecting it closely.

“Um, Summer honey the bag’s ours” Liam said joining them.

“What? Are you sure?” Summer asked wrinkling her nose.

“Yes! It’s mine!” Kaitlin came running towards them holding Lilly-Mae.

“Well, take it then and come on!” Summer said throwing the bag at her.

Summer still had no idea why Kaitlin had insisted on coming with them, and even less as to why her mother had agreed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Finally!” Kaitlin said as they all sank in to the seats in the black cab five hours later. It was dark and the moon was shining brightly with the air breezy and cool.

Summer was silent as she took in all the streets that looked so different and so familiar at the same time.

“Are you ok?” Liam asked Summer as he put his arm around her and pulled her nearer to him. Summer was silent, she wasn’t sure if she was. She moved closer to him seeking his love and warmth, he kissed her forehead and stroked her back. Lilly-Mae had fallen asleep on his chest with one of her arms curled around his neck. Cayden was sitting beside his mother looking around at the new scenery with a straight face, while Ava had fallen asleep on Kaitlin.

“Right then, here we are; nineteen Farquhar road” the Cab driver said as he came to a stop outside a large house that was floodlit, and had six tall palm trees three on each side of the front garden.

“That’ll be twenty pounds please” the said.

Summer handed him a note as they filed out.

“Thanks very much” he said pocketing it “would you like some help getting your luggage out?” he asked in hope he may be able to earn a tip or two.

“Thanks, but we’re fine” Liam told him as he took the final two bags out and shut the boot “bye then” he said walking up the drive.

“You have the key right?” Summer asked Liam as he approached them.

“Right” he replied putting the bags down and reaching in his pocket to get the key “Ready?” he asked turning to face them all as he put the key in the door.

“Yes!” Ava and Cayden shouted excitedly “Come on Daddy, hurry up”

Liam pushed the door open and the children ran past him. The house they had brought was a big house with seven bedrooms, with three en-suite bathrooms, another two bathrooms upstairs and four reception rooms, a huge kitchen and garden with an indoor and outdoor pool.

“Wow!” the children exclaimed as they wondered around in awe.

“It’s not that bigger than your old house” Kaitlin commented, then she yawned and stretched her arms “Well...so I think I’ll go to bed then” she said.

“You know which is yours right?” Liam called to her as she began to walk up the stairs.

“Yeah, yeah” she replied offhandedly.

Ava came running out of a room "Mummy when does school start?" she asked.

“Monday” Summer replied. Ava breathed a sigh of relief, thank God it wasn’t tomorrow.

“Come on, let’s get you to bed” Liam said picking her up.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“So what do you think?” Liam asked Summer as they settled themselves on the king bed.

“Well...it’s alright quite nice I guess...” she trailed off as a million thoughts invaded her mind.

“Well goodnight then” Liam said before he slid down under the covers.

“Yeah goodnight” Summer said quietly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 Please comment and vote :)

Continue Reading