My Second Lead

By EleHime

"How can she live happily ever after with him?! She could have a happier ever after with Roan! Urgh! I have s... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10

Chapter 4

369 15 0
By EleHime

JASFER AND FREY joined them at the beach. Shizu was surprised when Zeek also joined with his girlfriend. They rented three rooms. One for Zeek and his girlfriend; one for Blake, Drew, and Jasfer; and one for her and Frey. Blake originally wanted to share a room with her but she insisted to be with Frey. Jasfer, on the other hand, was hesitant to be with Blake and Drew since they were not aware of his little secret. He didn't have any other choice though because he would get exposed if he insisted to be with her and Frey.

Shizu and Frey were arranging their stuff when Jasfer sunddenly came in.

"I think I can now die peacefully." Jasfer threw himself on the bed and looked at her. "Shi, your brother and your fiancé are super duper mega HOT and SPICY!!!" he exclaimed.

Frey threw a pillow on his face. "Quiet!"

She laughed. These two really loved to fight a lot. "They might know your little secret, Jas. Be careful," she warned him.

"They won't!' He threw a paper bag on her. She caught it on time.

"What's this?" she asked.

"Open it. Wear whatever is inside, my dear."

She opened the paper bag and saw a red two-piece. Her eyes widened in shock. "I can't wear this!"

"You can! And you will!" Jasfer and Frey said in chorus.

"This is too revealing for me!" she exclaimed.

"Just trust us, my dear. Wear it," Jasfer told her with assurance.

"Come on, now. Wear it so we can already flaunt our beauties outside," Frey said while smiling.

"And what are you going to wear?" she curiously asked Frey.

Frey showed her black one-piece.

"But that's not as revealing as mine."

"No more buts. Come on."

"I want to wear something like that too!" Jasfer excitedly said.

"In your dreams, Jas!" Frey exclaimed and started pushing her into the restroom. "Now, let's change, Shi!"

"I'll go ahead first, my dears. I need to help the yummy boys to set up the grill." Jasfer said before going out.

After changing their clothes, Shizu and Frey walked out of their room. She was really uncomfortable with the two-piece but she tried to act normal. 

Who cares, anyway?

Well, I better enjoy this outing!

She could feel a lot of eyes looking at her and Frey. She looked around and looked for Jasfer and the rest. She then saw Jasfer, Blake, and Drew setting up the grill.

"Look who's coming," Frey whispered to her.

She searched for the person Frey was talking about. She then saw Zeek walking towards her, with a very big frown on his face. He seemed angry. Why? Did he had a fight with his girlfriend?

Zeek suddenly covered her body with a very big towel when he reached her. He turned her around and started pushing her back to their room.

"W-what are you doing Zeek?" She was really confused.

"Go back to your room and change your clothes to something decent." He sounded really pissed.

"Eh? Why? What's wrong with my clothes?" She looked for Frey to ask for help but she can't see her anymore. 

Where are you, Frey?!

They reached the room. Zeek opened the room for her.

"Change." He ordered her as he closed the door after coming in.

She turned around to look at him. "What's your problem Zeek?" she asked him. 

What has gotten into him?

"You are my problem! Why are exposing your body to a lot of people outside?" 

She was stunned. It was the first time Zeek raised his voice towards her.

"Jasfer bought me this. I just wanted to ---"

"Are you going to change or I AM going to change your clothes myself?" he was already giving him a warning!

"What?!" He really seemed serious on what he had said. "Okay. I'm going to change." She took her rash guard from her bag and started walking to the restroom. While changing her clothes, she analyzed her thoughts.

Am I getting it right? Is he actually protecting me?! She smiled. Oye! Thanks ,Jas!

"Happy?" She asked Zeek after changing her clothes. She tried to hide her smile and acted a little irritated.

Oh my Zeek!

Zeek sighed. He was about to say something when the door suddenly opened and Blake came in.

"What's going on?" Blake asked them. He looked at Zeek.

She could feel the tension rising. She walked towards Blake. She held one of his arms and started pulling him outside. "Nothing. Zeek just asked me something," she told Blake while waking outside.

"What is it?" he asked when they were finally outside. It seemed that he wasn't satisfied with her answer.

Should I tell him the truth? 

"Well, you see, Jas asked me to wear the two-piece he bought for me. Then Zeek saw me and asked me to change it because according to him it was---" she paused for few seconds to think of the right word to say, "just a little revealing."

Blake didn't reply. She looked at him. He seemed to be in deep thought. 

Oh no. Should it be better if I had just made an alibi?

"Shi! Let's swim!" She heard Frey called her. It was as if she already interpreted the situation and was trying to rescue her.

Oh, Frey! I love you, my friend! I have already forgiven you for leaving me a while ago.

"Let's swim," she invited Blake.

He looked at her. He still looked serious. "Go ahead. I'll follow later. I'm just going to help Drew with the food."

She nodded and started walking fast towards Frey. She excitedly hugged her when she finally reached her. "I love you, Frey!" she exclaimed.

Frey laughed and pulled her into the deeper part of the water away from the other people there.

"I sensed trouble when I saw Blake waking towards your room!" Frey said when they finally got away.

"What happened?!" Jasfer suddenly appeared out of nowhere.

She splashed water on Jasfer's face. "This is all your fault, Jas!"

Jasfer laughed as he wiped his face. "If I didn't ask you to wear it, we wouldn't know that Zeek actually cares for you," he said.

"And look at his mysterious girlfriend." Frey pointed at Kate from afar by pouting her lips at Kate's direction. Kate was helping Drew preparing the food on their table.

"What's wrong with her?" she curiously asked.

"Look at her swimsuit, Shi," Frey said while staring at Kate.

Kate was wearing a purple one-piece with a big hole at the back. It was showing almost three-fourths of her back. "She looks sexy. No wonder Zeek liked her." She sighed.

Jasfer suddenly tapped her head. "Really, Shi! Why do we have a very dumb friend like you?"

"Hey!" she tapped Jasfer's head as well. "What was that for?!"

"Shi, Zeek didn't allow you expose your body but to some mysterious reasons, he allowed his mysterious girlfriend to expose hers," Frey explained.

She paused for a moment to carefully analyze what Frey had said. 

What does that mean?!

Then she excitedly hugged Jasfer and Frey and started exclaiming. "Omg! Does this mean Zeek likes me more than his girlfriend?!"

"Don't be too excited, dear. You still have Blake as your major problem." Jasfer said.

She suddenly realized what Jasfer had said.

"Oops, it seems that Zeek and Blake are having a very serious talk," Frey suddenly told them.

She turned to Zeek and Blake's direction. They were talking in front of their room. It seemed that Zeek just got out from their room. They had serious faces while talking.

Uh oh! What are they talking about?

"What should I do?" she asked.

"Just leave them be, Shi. For now, let's enjoy this beach!" Jasfer started swimming farther.

"Come on, Shi." Frey followed Jasfer.

"Oh well. Hakunamatata!" She started following them. She tried to catch them. Frey is the best swimmer among them since she was an athlete during high school. As she had expected, she was able to catch Jasfer. She put her arms around Jasfer and rode on his back. She laughed. "Let's chase Frey!" She ordered Jasfer while laughing.

"Good thing you're very light, Shi. If you're heavy, I would really drown you now," Jasfer said as he started chasing after Frey.

"Good thing you have a very broad shoulder, my friend." She continued laughing as she rode on Jasfer's back while chasing after Frey.

They were still chasing Frey when Zeek and Blake suddenly appeared in front of them.

What the---?

Blake grabbed her and pulled away from Jasfer. She looked at Zeek and he was glaring at Jasfer.

"The food is ready," Blake said as he pulled her closer to her and started moving towards the seashore.

She wasn't sure about what had just happened. She just let Blake pulled her until they reached their cabin.

"Enjoying, little sister?" Drew asked her while smiling.

She grabbed the barbecue that Drew was eating and started eating it. "This is good."

Drew moved near her and whispered something. "Your friend is in danger, Shi."

"What?!" Everybody turned to her. She cleared her throat. "Uhm, shall we eat?"

Frey was the first to sit down. Jasfer sat beside Frey. She sat beside Jasfer. She needed to warn him about what her brother had said.

Blake sat beside her. Zeek sat in front of her, and his girlfriend beside him—in front of Jasfer. Drew was the last one to sit in front of Frey.

Jasfer filled her plate with barbecue, hotdog, and rice.

"What are you doing?" she whispered to Jasfer.

"You need to a lot, Shi. You're losing some weight again," Jasfer told her in a loud and manly voice.

She saw Zeek and Blake glaring at Jasfer. It was as if they would already kill Jasfer any moment. 

Seriously, Jasfer! What are you doing?!

She was about to get the barbecue from her plate when Blake suddenly grabbed it and put a different one on her plate. "This one is meatier," he said.

"Itadakimasu!" Frey said as if she was trying to lighten the mood.

Thank you, my friend!

*"Itadakimasu" means "Thanks for the food" in Japanese.

"You speak Japanese?" Drew asked Frey. He seemed amused.

"Shi taught us," Frey simply answered and started ea.

"Why don't I see you often with Shi? I think the last time we met was during your graduation day," Drew asked again.

"We usually hang out at Jasfer's place."

As if on cue, Zeek and Blake turned to Jasfer. The tension started to rise again.

She cleared her throat. "Frey lives a few blocks away from Jasfer's house so we decided to make Jasfer's house our office. We go there when we need to collaborate on something for our novels." she explained.

"So, whenever you don't come home, you're just staying in his house?" Zeek asked while still glaring at Jasfer.

"Y-yeah, with Frey of course." She looked at Jasfer and signaled him to back her up.

"Shi has always been welcome to my house anytime. Sometimes, she just barged in even in the midnight or dawn," Jasfer said instead of backing her up.

Really, Jasfer? 

She secretly stepped on Jasfer's foot, "with Frey," she added.

Jasfer didn't mind her warnings and still put another hotdog on her plate. "Eat more, Shi."

She suddenly felt a little pain in her head. 

Now my head is aching because of you, Jasfer! Urgh! I wanna go home!

"Let's swim again!" Frey said after they ate.

"I'll follow. I'm just going to take a rest for a bit." It seemed that the pain in her head was getting worse. Did I bring any medicine?

"Is there something wrong, Shi?" Jasfer asked. This time, he was sincerely asking.

"Nothing, Jas," she started pushing him, "go with Frey. I'll follow you later."

"Okay. Call us if you need us, okay?"

"Hai!"

She heard Kate invited Zeek to swim. She looked at Zeek. He seemed hesitant for a moment and looked at her before joining Kate. Drew joined them as well. She turned to Blake who was still sitting beside her.

"Aren't you going to swim?" she asked him.

"I think I need to stay beside you all the time from now on," he said while looking at her.

She tapped his arm. "Baka!"

He caught her hand and looked intently at her. "Am I already late, Shizuka?"

She was caught off-guard. She clearly knew what he was talking about. How would she answer it? She can't think of anything anymore. Her headache was already getting worse and worse. Then suddenly, everything just went black. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.7K 563 43
All she wanted to do was to live her life and forget. All he wanted to do was to let her give him another chance.
4M 156K 200
Hello readers! This is my second part of the story! Hope you all like and appreciate my work! Thankyou :)
646 22 17
"She loved him and he loved her but it wasn't that simple" Or Luke has more issues then vogue and Catarina could help,or break him
18.5K 328 15
"How can I move on when he still has my heart?" He broke me. He made my life living hell.... But I still love him...||COMPLETE||