Baby Daddy

By ThatTrillBlasian

Wynter Nox is just trying to get through high school without too much drama. With his best friends River, Tam... More

Baby Daddy
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
14
15
16
17
18
19
Epilogue | 20

13

20.8K 1.3K 1.1K
By ThatTrillBlasian

Chapter Thirteen | Lonely boy

The sun was still shining brightly at five in the afternoon in Central Park. Micah and I walked through the park- living in this town I haven't really had time to come to the park and actually stop for a moment and take in the scenery.

As I walked down I took all of it in- the beauty blue sky with the sun slightly setting due to it being late noon. All the people that were around here, every person doing there own thing from children screaming for ice cream, to old couples feeding the birds. Pretty much loads of people of any shape of form roamed the park no matter what the time. It is Central Park after all, there is a lot you can expect.

    "So are you gonna tell me what happened now?" Micah spoke from beside me.

I dragged out a sigh. "What all do you want to know?" I asked.

    "Why'd you look so down earlier," He asked, stuffing his hands in his pockets of his jackets he locked eyes with me. "I don't like seeing you like that, you know?"

I glanced at Micah to see him already staring at me, a slight tug to his lips. "Well," I started, making my over to a nearby bench and Micah followed. "There's this boy,"

Micah sent me a raised brow look as he took a seat beside me on the bench. I instantly shook my head at him, "It's nothing like that."

At least I don't think.

"We have a baby together-" Micah didn't even let me finish before his face scrunched up in confusion once again. "It's a fake baby and it's for a project." I told. Slowly but surely he nodded in understanding.

"He's been real possessive lately and it's just been confusing me. And he takes the project way too serious, like he actually thinks we're a real family."

Micah ran his hands through his messy curls. "Mhm, he acts like you guys are a real family? Is he okay?" Micah did a twirling gesture with his hands by his head and I chuckled.

"Yeah he's okay in the head. He's actually pretty smart when he put his mind to something, but I just don't get why he's going so hard for this project. When the teacher first assigned up as partners I honestly thought he wouldn't be any help, but he's been super-dad ever since we got Bartholomew."

Micah's face twisted up. "Bartholomew? Is the baby seventy?"

I shoved him playfully. "Don't take about my child like that. And I wasn't too big on the name either, but it grew on me after awhile of Declan constantly yelling it."

"Ah, so his name is Declan?" He asked, and I nod my head. "Well believe it or not, before I decided on not attending college I studied psychology, because that's what I thought I wanted to go to school for, but anyways, does Declan have a good relationship with his parents?"

I thought back to when I stayed with Declan for the night after the game. The sudden lonely look on his face when he talked to me about how his parents are never around. He's always alone in that big house of his, and he said its been like that for years now.

"No. Not really, I don't think." I answered, pulling my knees to my chest. "From what he's told me they're never around."

Micah nods, running his hand through his hair again. "I'm no psychiatrist or anything, but it seems to me that this Declan kid might be using this baby project as a coping mechanism."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, you said he doesn't really have good relationship with his parents, and that their never around, so I'm assuming he's alone most of the time. I think it's safe to say that he's using you and this baby to fill the void that the his parents can't. Maybe the reason he's so possessive is because he doesn't want his project family to end up like his real one."

I chewed on my bottom lip. That would make a lot of sense. Ugh, I can't believe I don't think of that sooner. It's all so obvious, and to think I've been clowning him this whole time, when really I should've been going along with him. This is an outlet for him and all I've done is be a bitter.

   "I'm such an idiot." I mumbled to myself.

"Huh?" Micah cocked his brow at me.

I shook my head, "Nothing," I got up from the bench. "I should really get going. I have to plan out this design for the upcoming game."

"Upcoming game?"

I nod. "The football game this Friday at my school. It's like a really big deal, you should come." I suggested.

"Eh, football games aren't really my scene."

I rolled my eyes at him playfully. "They aren't mine either, but I'm hosting a kissing booth for the after game fair."

Micah's hazel eyes widened. "Kissing booth you say?" He stepped closer to me.

"Yeah, it's this crazy idea my partner came up with, but I think the profit will really make the charity happy."

"How much are you charging people to kiss those lips of yours?"

"Two dollars." I told.

Micah smirked before reaching into his pockets and pulling out a ten dollar bill. "So this is about five kisses, correct?" He steeped to me, his lips hovering over my mine.

I bursted into fits of laughter, shoving him lightly. "Nice try. Have this same energy Friday and maybe you'll get more than five, okay?"

Micah nodded,a faint blush to his cheeks. "Okay, we'll see." He smiled, before licking his lips.

••••

Skating my way back home, I had decided to text Declan to try and patch things up with him, but much to my dismay he's been stubborn. I couldn't even send him more than a sentence, because I got so fed up with how childish he was being.

Coming up to my drive way I seen a familiar white Lexus parked. I didn't take long for it to hit me that it was Victor, our policeman neighbor from across the street car. He's been over our house quite a lot lately, and I can only assume him and my mother have something going on. I wouldn't be surprised since the only reason my mother goes jogging on Sunday mornings is because she knows Victors waters his vegetable garden around that time. She's not slick.

"Wynter," She called as I made my way into the house. "Yes?" I say dragging a sigh as I walked into the kitchen.

There she sat on one of the bar stools with Victor to the left of her. A turban wrapped around her head while she held her phone close to her face obviously struggling to read whatever was on the screen.

"Yes Karissa?" I teased getting her attention. She instantly shot me glare with her cold, brown eyes for calling her by her first name. "I'm just kidding." I threw my hands up in defense as I walked over to the fridge.

"Anyways, Victor wanted to know have you been noticing anything weird at school." I heard her say as I stuffed my head in the fridge."Um, the only thing weird is the fact that Nancy Jenkins thought she could bring cheetah print tights back in style, but other than that there's been nothing out of the ordinary." I asked reaching for some watermelon slices.

"Well there's been a few cases of dealing around your school area. I was just wondering if you've seen anything." I shook my head no as I walked over to them with the watermelon slices in my hand, and placed them down on the granite counter where they sat.

"I talk to the same three people everyday so I wouldn't know what's going on at that school. If the kids are on drugs, I wouldn't even notice because I don't pay attention to them." I told, placing another watermelon slice in my mouth.

Victor chuckled to himself. "Well if you see anything don't be afraid to let me know, alright?"

I nod my head at him, wondering to myself what kind of person would be selling drugs to the kids at Redwood.

••••
Excuse any mistakes or errors

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

196K 9.1K 44
Chelsea begins her third year of college, but due to a prior incident, a lot changes on campus and all of the dorms get mixed up. Chelsea finds herse...
120 21 12
***RE-POST***(was locked out my old account) Tommy Carpenter moves to a college six hours away from the tormented version of himself who was bullied...
215K 4.9K 29
Evelyn is finally convinced to go to a party by her best freind, Gabby, and her crush, Ryan. But after getting extremely drunk, Ryan and Evelyn have...
1.8K 72 25
Rory never intended on making any close friends in his last year of highschool , it was supposed to be like any of his previous years but when he end...