As The Ape Years Go By

Szarinasumalpong द्वारा

A series of one shots and stories evolving around the ever growing ape family and the dream of finally having... अधिक

Family Bonding
Possessive Males
Life
Memory
Humans?
One Last Kiss
Human Friend
Character Info
The Peace Generation
History Repeat

To See You Again

455 10 2
Szarinasumalpong द्वारा

The new generation of apes had already taken over the old generation of apes and there was only one ape and human from the old generation.

Nova and Caesar.

Nova was still in her sixties by then but Caesar had exceeded his dying age. The new ape colony knew that these two had a very close bond that could be considered as uncle to niece.

Nova knew Caesar's time is almost up from this world. She had been noticing him looking dazed and far away when there was no one watching him.

"Caesar..."

Nova grasped the old ape by the shoulders as he watched the plains in front of them.

"Kira...."

A small raspy voice that came out of his mouth made Nova smile sadly "I miss her too Caesar" Nova signed with a small rub on his shoulders. Caesar watched the scenery of the setting sun and remembered the time when he and Kira would often meet at sunset on their favorite spot on top of a ravine with a small river below.

Caesar winced before slowly tore his gaze away to look at Nova. The girl had grown so much from her shy and timid nature to the brave woman she is now.

"My time is almost up..."

Caesar signed gravely and Nova paled. She had been dreading the day the ones she loved the most would die before her and the fact that Caesar was the only one who helped raised her die now...

She didn't want to know what she was going to do.

Caesar smiled and lightly tucked the hair that fell out of place "Brave Nova, you will help the young ones as they grow. Make them strong" Nova clutched his fists together and brought them close to her.

"Apes Together Strong"

Caesar felt something brighten up in his chest and he placed his forehead to Nova and the two sat in silence.

***

The humid air and the slow fall of rain was very much a blessing for the plants to grow and give food for the inhabitants surrounding the forest.

However, it was different today.

Sorin had always heard the tales of the First Ape King, his great great grandfather and all his accomplishments of fighting for peace.

Then there was his great great human grandmother Kira, a girl raised by his distant cousins and became Caesar's mate.

Apes lined up in front of the nest of Caesar as Nova cried and cried nonstop while the females tried to comfort her.

The old ape looked at his people with pride and joy that he never felt before the war and he unconsciously reached out for Nova and she quick grasped his hands gently.

"Brave Nova..."

Nova smiled at him "You will be with her again. With Kira" A flash of emotion passed through Caesar before he turned to look at his growing family with smiles and tears.

"Be good...to each other"

Sorin felt a bile rise up only to get lodged in his throat. The apes heard several feet and the rustle from the bushes and trees and all eyes went to a group of humans and Sorin spotted his human friend slowly walk up to then with no spear or bow.

The apes parted for her to pass while the rest of her tribe remained in the tree line, all heads bowed in prayer.

Caesar made his tired eyes loom at the human tribe princess and held out his hand which she grasped and kissed his hand as a sign of respect.

The last thing Caesar heard was the sound of the humans singing and ancient lullaby before darkness seeped into him.

***

The first thing Caesar saw was light before he found himself in an unfamiliar land, flowers bloomed everywhere and a small lake was present not fad from where he was standing.

Caesar stood up and was surprised to see himself in his younger age. It had been so long to finally feel free from the pains he had been dealing when he was still living.

Hoots of laughter and joy were heard and Caesar followed the sound to see a group of apes sitting beside the lake and looking like they were having a nice picnic.

Something was oddly familiar about that group.

Caesar took a chance and walked towards them and only when he wad about 10 feet away, did he recognized each and every face.

"Father!"

Cornelius and Blue Eyes hooted with joy as they ran to their father with open arms as tears sprouted in their eyes.

Caesar felt himself getting knocked over as he gripped his sons tightly, very much afraid that they were going to disappear and he would be back to his nest.

"I thought we would start the picnic without you young man"

Julius signed with a twinkle in his eye as he watched his son in law try to process what was happening.

Rocket, Luca and Maurice nodded in acknowledgement to the former Ape King and Caesar smiled at the two. He scanned the area for a familiar face.

But she was not here.

Dread washed over him like a bullet piercing right through him as he sharply turned to Julius with a pained expression.

The father in law waved his palm "She is with her mother and brothers. They will return soon" Lake and Amy nodded in agreement.

"Let us wait for them for now"

When it comes to his wife, Caesar knew his patience is very very limited.

***

Three apes and one young girl walked across the fields to their destination with baskets of fruits and flowers.

"I still don't get why do I have to be the one to carry the flowers. I'm a guy not a girl!"

Ryker hooted angrily and Kira waved her point finger "You promised Adeline that you would give her flowers today since you lost a bet" Ryker pouted in annoyance.

Amelia watched her kids with a smile "If you three won't stop bickering, we'll never make it in time" Livius glared at his older siblings.

"When were you suddenly acting all older sibling on us?"

Ryker asked before his mother answered for Livius "Because his mind is mature enough to think" Kira and Ryker gave their mother a traitorous look. Amelia merely shrugged her shoulders before they heard Adeline hooting and waving her arms wildly at them.

"I thought you'd be by at the picnic place by now"

"I got a little sidetracked, thanks for the flowers though"

Adeline said, placing a kiss on Ryker's cheek. Kira coughed to get her attention "Explain as to why you are running all the way here?" Adeline grinned at Kira with a glint in her eyes.

"You have to come with me quick!"

***

The first thing Kira noticed was the family in the picnic grounds and nothing out of the ordinary from afar.

However, her eyes grew wide when she caught sight of someone familiar and that someone was an ape she had longed to touch and hold for a long, long time.

"What are you waiting for?!"

Adeline's annoyed voice made Kira snap out of her trance and look at her sister in law who was giving her an apeish grin and nudging her to the frozen ape in the middle of the group. Ryker gaped while Amelia gasped and tears sprouted her eyes.

"And here I thought that old ape would never show up"

Livius said with a shake of his head with a small smile. A guttural sound made it's way to Kira as she raced across the remaining distance with an angry look on her face with a promise of pain. Caesar felt all air left him as Kira tackled him to the ground and they landed with a thud.

Kira angrily signed and hooted at him with tears streaming down "You stupid ape! What took you so long?! Do you have any idea how many years I waited for you to come to me and it sure looks like you didn't want to - MMPH!" Before Kira could finish what she signed, Caesar closed the remaining space between them.

Caesar pulled away and looked at his dazed wife before he threw up his head and laughed. He felt alive and young again. Surrounding himself with the family he had missed over the past years since they had departed.

Ryker crossed his arms "Are you two done? I'm already starving" Kira glared at her brother "Pipe it down you ass ape, I just got my husband back" Amelia giggled before she and the girls set the table up for the food.

Kira grinned as she looked down at Caesar who was still underneath her "You and I have a lot of catching up to do" Caesar shuddered and gave her a smile before Livius coughed to gain their attention.

He was finally home with her again.

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

63.9K 982 86
[Completed as of 11/17/18] *MAJOR SPOILERS AHEAD* Follows the story of Dawn of the Planet of the Apes but with an OC. MAJOR SPOILERS IF YOU HAVE NOT...
13.7K 371 54
It's been Many years since the simian flu that destroyed half of human life. Many years has gone by Caesar II son of Cornelius and grandson of Caesa...
111K 3K 60
This story takes place During Rise of the Planet of the Apes, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes and War for the Planet of the Apes. ...
32.8K 764 17
A child left in the forest to fend for herself, no family. She escapes the labs, her friends are the animals of the forest. Humans she doesn't trust...