The Reaper's Keeper (UNEDITED)

De stefymay

I always thought that when you die that would be the end and you would see a bright light and the pearly gate... Mai multe

Authors note...
The deads love Poem
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chpater 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45

Chapter 18

10.3K 210 40
De stefymay

(Recap)

“Are you sure Vi?” He asked as he trailed his thumb along my jaw, then across my bottom lip.

“I’m sure. I want this Ethan, I want you.” He smiled down at me and then quickly leaned down and kissed me, holding my head between his hands. Slowly he pulled back and smiled at me; reaching for something out of sight and kissed me again, before I heard the telltale tear of the little foil package.

 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 18

I slowly woke up to a heavy arm slung around my waist as well as a heavy leg pinning me down to the soft bed. I could feel gentle strokes running up and down the length of my arm and Ethan’s warm breath on my neck.

I moaned at the feeling of complete and utter bliss. We were still both naked and his body was flush against mine and if the thing poking my back was anything to go by, someone was happy to see me.

“Morning sleepy head.” I heard Ethan whisper into my ear. Smiling as I turned in his arms to face him I said, “Morning.”

“You sleep well?” He asked as he started trailing his fingers down the column of my neck.

“Better than well.” Which was the truth, not a single nightmare all night. The first since the shooting at the grocery store. Sleeping with him was like a miracle cure for nightmares or something.

“Is that so? How are you feeling?” He asked gently kissing the length of my neck, sending shivers down my spine.

“A little sore, but in a good way.” I shyly smiled at him then I started to think about what we did last night and I went into full blush mode. Ethan smiled against my neck, then slowly trailed up my neck to my lips and gently brushed his lips against mine.

“So is it too much to go again?” He asked as he nibbled on my bottom lip, which caused me to erupt into a fit of giggles.

“Ethan!” I play hit him and he pulled back leaning over me with his sexy bed head.

“What? You can’t blame me.” He said rubbing himself against me and my body immediately came alive for him. Oh Ethan what you do to me.

“I need to get dressed and go home. Lily is still at Vicky’s place.” I said as I got up and grabbed the sheet along with my underwear and made my way to the bathroom, I heard Ethan groaning and I was conscious of his eyes on me the entire time.

I closed the door behind me and couldn’t wipe the smile off my face. I did it with Ethan Leeds, the hottest guy in our school. Last night started off crappy but who knew it would turn into something so… special.

I stared into the mirror expecting to see someone new, some sort of change, but I looked the same as I did last night before we did it. I was still the same girl I was last night, the only thing that changed was that I was no longer a virgin and well on my way to falling in love with Ethan Leeds. Holy crap, I’m falling for him.  I can’t fall for Ethan Leeds, I barely know him, and we’re not even official. Taking a deep breath, I will figure this out, I should not freak out over this, or over think it but right now I needed to get ready. Live in the moment Vi, I told myself mentally. I nodded at my reflection and then I quickly got dressed and washed my face. I spotted Ethan’s toothbrush at the basin and thought what the hell, might as well, I did sleep with the guy, how intimate can you get, so I brushed my teeth using his toothbrush. When I finally left the bathroom, and went back to the room, Ethan was already dressed and waiting with breakfast set up on the table on the second landing.

I walked over still with a goofy smile plastered onto my face towards Ethan.

“I had the servants bring your breakfast here, figuring that you wouldn’t want to dine with my uncle again.”

“You figured right. No offence but your uncle is a little erm… difficult.”

“The words you’re looking for to describe my uncle is asshole, dickhead, prick and the list is endless, but difficult is just too much of an understatement for him.”

I nodded agreeing with him and walked over to the delicious spread of bacon, eggs and toast with coffee and orange juice, but before I could reach it, Ethan grabbed me and tipped me over. I gave a squeal of surprise before Ethan’s soft lips were on mine again.

He pulled back too soon with a satisfied smile on his lips and walked to the bathroom, leaving me in a daze.

Shaking out of the trance that is Ethan I walked over to the spread and started eating. I was nearly finished when Ethan came out of the bathroom looking fresh and ready for the day.

“Ready to go?” He asked

“Again with you? Anytime, but oh honey I’m still a little sore but maybe later.” I said playfully seductively. Whoa where did that come from... seductive Vi, this is new.

“Mmm… I look forward to it.” He said with the sexiest smile on his face. He had dimples, it was the first time I noticed it, maybe because he almost never smiles, just smirks and that little fact went straight into the list of things I didn’t know about Ethan Leeds. There is so much I need to learn before I fall for him, but no matter how much I tell myself that my damned heart can’t help skipping a beat every time he walks into a room.

I smiled at him over the rim of the glass in answer and gulped the last of my orange juice.

We left the house without bumping into anyone, except Hamington which was busy doing butler stuff. I gave him a tight nod bye and we quickly got into the car and drove down the driveway and I noticed the tree that was supposedly blocking the gate was now gone from the driveway, in fact there wasn’t a single sign that there ever was a storm last night in the first place. Odd, they must have a clean-up crew on speed dial or something.  The drive home was faster than I thought and to my disappointment we were at my place before you could say hello. We sat for a while outside my house and just stared at it reluctantly.

“What are your plans for the rest of the day?” Ethan asked breaking the silence.

“I’m not sure. I didn’t really plan anything, maybe I’ll visit my mom.”

He nodded and said looking sexy as ever, “So I guess I’ll see you on Monday or maybe later tonight to cash in that offer you made this morning?”

“Ah-ha whatever you want.” I stopped paying attention as I followed his tongue as he licked his lips and started moving closer to him.

“VIOLET! IS THAT YOU?” I jumped away from him so fast I nearly knocked my head against the door’s window.

I turned around and saw my Aunt Carry walking down the walkway heading straight for Ethan’s car. When did she get here? Was she here all this time… watching me with Ethan?

“Someone you know?” Ethan whispered and I nodded my head, slowly getting out of the car to greet my aunt Carry which I hadn’t seen in like forever. I think the last time I saw her was at my father’s funeral. I semi jogged to her and we engulfed each other in a huge hug.

“My look at you. You have grown into a beautiful young woman.”

“Aunt Carry, when did you get here?”

“I just arrived or at least five minutes ago. Then I saw you in the car.”

 I heard Ethan’s door open and I reluctantly pulled away from my aunt and when she spotted Ethan her eyebrows raised and she leaned in to whisper,

“Who’s the hotty?” I looked over at Ethan and felt the need to sigh at his fine body. He was wearing a tight fitting white t-shirt with blue jeans and in his plain clothes he was mouthwatering.

I cleared my throat as he neared trying to get my voice back and said in a small voice,

“Erm… Aunt Carry meet Ethan Leeds, he’s my erm-“

“Boyfriend.” Ethan supplied, casually draping his arm around my shoulders and reaching out with his other hand to shake my aunts hand.

What! Did he just say he’s my boyfriend without asking me? Okay so I would have said yes if he asked me, but still I was looking forward to him asking me. So a part of me I felt like dancing on the spot and the other part wanting to bitch and moan about not getting a say in the matter.

“Nice meeting you Ethan.” My aunt said shaking his hands and slyly giving me the thumbs up and mouthing “way to go Vi.” The smile that split across my face would no doubt be permanently plastered there for the rest of the day. Screw it, I wanted to be his girlfriend and it doesn’t matter that Ethan just declared it without asking, I want him and I got my title to say to all that he’s mine.

We walked towards the house, Ethan grabbed my aunts bags and casually slung it over his shoulders, making his biceps bulge in the most yummy way.

 I opened the door and let my aunt in, followed by Ethan, but as he passed me, he gave me a quick passionate kiss on my lips. I seriously couldn’t get enough of this boy; I sighed and then closed the door.

“You want anything to drink Aunt carry?” I asked as I walked into the lounge where she was sitting.

“coffee please Lettie.” That was my nickname that my aunt used. She was the only one that called me Lettie.

“Okay, Ethan you want anything?” I asked poking my head out from the kitchen as he walked back into the room after putting the bags in the guest room. He just gave me another seductive smile and said,

“Nope, I got everything I need.” I felt the blush rising all the way from my toes to my head and disappeared back into the kitchen, fanning myself with my hand. Ohh… that boy.

I came back out with Aunt Carry’s coffee and some cookies.

“So where’s Lily and what’s up with your mom?”

“Erm… Lily’s at a friend’s. Haven’t you been to the hospital yet?” I asked a little awkwardly.

“No, I wanted to know what was wrong before I go to her. I hate going in blind.” I nodded and looked worriedly at Ethan and he walked over and squeezed my hand for courage.

“I’m going to go and give you two space to talk.” Ethan said standing up, looking very somber.

I nodded and stood to walk him to the door, keeping my head down.

“Thanks for last night; I really had a good time.” I said trying not to look so sad to be back to reality.

“I had a good time too, considering dinner was a little eventful.”

I nodded silently, as I dreaded what was to come. I seriously didn’t want to be the one to tell her, but I guess she had the right to know.

“Violet.” I looked up to Ethan’s beautiful face and he smiled at me,

“You’ll get through this, you’re a strong person and I’ll always be here for you.” I swallowed pass the lump in my throat and nodded my head, not trusting my voice.

He hugged me and kissed my temple, whispering in my ear, “I’ll call you later tonight.”

I nodded again, and he ran his thumb gently down the side of my cheek and whipped a tear that I didn’t know slipped out.

“You are so beautiful inside and out. I hope you know that.” I smiled shyly at his comment and he bent down and kissed my lips.

“Chat to you later Ducky.” Then he turned around, got into his car and drove off.

I took a huge breath of air and turned to go inside mentally preparing myself to tell my aunt that her only sister is dying.

I walked back inside and saw that she was worrying her bottom lip as she stared outside at something unseen. I took a deep breath and figured the only way to go about things like this is to handle it like a Band-Aid. Just rip it off all at once. I cleared my throat to get her attention then I just blurted it out,

“Erm… Aunt Carry, my mom’s dying. She’s got cancer and she’s in the final phase.”

“What?” My aunt Carry breathed, sinking down into the couch as her eyes started tearing up.

I walked over and hugged her,

“Why didn’t she tell me? She never said anything.”

“I know I’m really sorry you had to find out like this.”

“she could have told me, I would have come straight away. She’s the only family I have left, except for you two girls.” I smiled sadly at her and let her cry it out.

She was feeling really bad for not being there for my mom. She was understandably angry with my mom for not saying anything sooner and then Vicky stopped by to drop Lily off. She didn’t stay seeing the state my aunt was in, although I could see she was burning with questions about what Ethan and I did last night. She left saying she would call me later. Once Aunt Carry calmed down, we went to the hospital to visit my mom and chat with her.

I was waiting for Lily outside of my mom’s room so that I could take her to the arcade to give my aunt and my mom some time to talk. When we first got here, my aunt walked into the room and saw my mom hooked up to all her machines and looking so thin and frail and she burst into tears and ran to my mom. I immediately took Lily to the hospital store and bought her some candy, figuring that they needed time to talk and then walked around a bit, then we went back to my mom’s room to see how the “Talk” was going but they still seemed to be into it. Lily wanted to share her candy with my aunt and mom to make them happy, so here I am waiting for her outside my mom’s room. I couldn’t stay in there. Every time I visit her, she looked worse than before; it was getting harder to be around her, and seeing her like this.

“Violet.” I turned around at the sound familiar voice and smiled at her.

“Hey kiddo, how you doing?”

“Violet, you have to listen to me. They’re coming.” I looked confusingly at her and asked,

“Who’s coming? What are you talking about?”

“They know and they’re coming for you.” She started to get freaked out, she wasn’t making any sense. She kept looking around like she was hiding from someone.

“Anna, Anna calm down, who’s coming for me?” I said as I held onto her shoulder’s trying to get her attention. She had this scared look on her face and she seemed to be on the brink of tears.

“I-I have to go.”

“No wait Anna, who’s coming for me?”

“They know Vi, they know. You need to get to safety, they’re coming for you.”

“Who is they. Anna-“

“Violet who are you talking to?” I turned around, letting go of Anna and saw Lily standing behind me looking worriedly in the direction to where Anna was.

“I was …” I trailed when I turned back and saw Anna was gone. What the hell. How could she have just disappeared? Maybe she was hiding behind something or ducked into one of the nearby rooms. Who know’s.

“And who’s Anna?”

“She’s… erm… this little girl that’s very sick.” I said slowly getting up from my crouch on the ground, where Anna was standing.

“Where is she?”

“She must have gone back to her room.” Come on kiddo, let’s go to the arcade. I said taking Lily’s hand and looking back to where Anna was standing.

I was officially freaked out. Who was she talking about? Who’s coming after me?

I drove to the arcade at the mall and as I just about parked the car, my cellphone started blaring the tune ‘The wild ones by Flo rider’ Vicky must have changed my ring tone again after the night of my welcome home party. I remember dancing to this song and Ethan knocking Kyle to the ground. It felt like such a long time ago.

I checked the caller ID and low and behold the culprit herself.

“Victoria.” I answered.

“Violet.” I heard the smile in her voice.

I got out of the car and grabbed Lily’s hand, walking to the arcade, while I talked to Vicky.

“How you doing?” I asked knowing exactly why she was phoning me. Her curiosity had hit it’s all time limit and she most likely couldn’t wait to hear what had happened last night at Ethan’s.

“Cut the crap you know why I’m phoning. Spill it, did you and Ethan bump nasty?”

“Wow the way you say that, it just makes the whole experience so romantic.”

“YOU DID. AHHHHHH!!!!” She screamed into the phone and I pulled it away, my ear ringing from that banshee shriek she let off without any warning.

“What the hell? Was that necessary?”

“Yes it was you finally gave up your v-card and to Ethan Leeds. Oh my word, Van she did it with him.” Then there was a second shriek in the background and I had to roll my eyes at my crazy friends. Then there seemed to be a shuffle and Van was on the phone,

“You have to give me the details. Was he any good?”

Then in the background I heard Vicky say, “put it on speaker so I can hear too.”

“Listen I’m not telling you guys this over the phone. In fact right now I’m at the mall playing games with Lil’s at the arcade.” Smiling to myself that I got out of that uncomfortable situation of telling those two about my night with Ethan.

“Oh what a co-winky-dink we here too.” No… please tell me they’re joking.

“You’re kidding me right?” I asked looking around.

“Behind you sweety.” I looked behind me and there they were, waving enthusiastically like crazies in a zombie movie. I waved back defeated, and waited for them to reach me. I really wasn’t sure I wanted to tell them just yet about what happened last night.

We put our phones away and they ran the short distance to hug me and Lily. Anyone could see they were excited, you’d swear they were the ones that got lucky last night.

“Hey guys… why so excited?” I asked feeling a little uncomfortable with their excitement.

“As if you don’t know. Vi has finally become a woman.”

“I thought that term applies when you first get your period. And my aunt is okay by the way.” I said playfully glaring at them.

“I’m sorry Vi, we didn’t mean to be rude.” Van said pouting and giving her best puppy dog eyes and I rolled my eyes at them and said,

“No problem.” I smiled easily at them.

We started for the arcade, with Vicky and Van hooking in each of my arms and Lily skipping ahead.

“So how was he? Was he gentle?” Vicky asked

“Was he good? Did he make you scream his name?” Van said her eyes lighting up with excitement.

“OH MY WORD! You seriously want to talk about this…Here! Now!” I asked disbelieving them.

“Yes why not?”

“Well first of all. Lily’s right there and second of all this is a public place, anyone can listen in and we aren’t talking about some sale at Lauren’s we’re talking about my sex life here.” I whispered sex life as if someone would hear me.

“Vi you should loosen up, no one here is interested in what you and Ethan did last night… well except me and Van and Lily’s already more interested in that dancing machine.” I looked up and saw Lily staring at the two girls battling it out on dance central and I quickly got tokens for her and gave her some while Vicky and Van followed eagerly awaiting my recount of my night with Ethan.

“Fine let’s get a seat at the café okay.” They both started jumping from excitement.

There was a café in the arcade and we headed there. I told Lily where we were and gave the don’t talk or walk off with stranger’s speech. We chose a seat where I had a clear view of the arcade and where Lily was.

“So after I left the house…” I began and told them about the strange sculptures and the promise Ethan made me make before we went in and about his other cousins or whatever, then I told them about the dinner and about Ethan’s Uncle. Followed by the whole night of love making and the wonderful morning after.

“Oh he sounds like a dream. I’m glad he was gentle with you Vi and you got the title, I’m so happy for you.” Vicky said squeezing my hand.

“Yea most guys just want to bang and dash. He actually made you breakfast the next morning? That is so sweet.” Van said looking all dreamy.

“I can’t believe their uncle though, Connor told me what a dick his uncle was but I thought he was exaggerating.” Vicky said looking a little shocked.

“You telling me, their uncle gives me the creeps. He’s kind of obsessed with death and the reaper.”

“You’re kidding.” Van asked seemingly shocked.

“Nope.”

Before I could elaborate our waiter came over and he looked… familiar.

“Hi can I take your order?” He asked barely gazing up at us, his head was down and I could only make out part of his face.

“Yes I’ll have a cappuccino with a blueberry muffin.” Van said

“And I’ll have a Latte with a slice of chocolate cake, Vi what you having?” Vicky asked while I continued to try and see this guy’s face. He was still scribbling on his note pad and when I didn’t answer immediately he looked up and I he looked so familiar; I couldn’t get the sense that I know him or saw him somewhere.

“Do I know you?” I asked him, giving up trying to figure out where I had seen him before.

“Not that I know of, I would remember someone as pretty as you.” He said and smirked at me. I just continued to stare at him confusingly. I know, I know him from somewhere.

“So what will it be beautiful?” He asked making me blush. This dude was actually flirting with me.

“Sorry, I’ll just have a coffee.”

“Hot or cold milk?”

“Er… no milk.” I said still feeling a bit awkward and a little embarrassed that he didn’t know me. Maybe I was just imagining it.

“Right…” He said finishing taking my order then he leaned in and flirtatiously said, “But if you do want to get to know me here’s my number.” He handed me his number and winked at me.

“Micky stop flirting and get back to work.” He sighed and reluctantly said,

“Sorry ladies, duty calls.” Then he turned around and left to do whatever waiters did.

Micky, I know that name. Where do I know him from?

“Ooo… Vi another admirer. He’s hot.” Van said, tilting her head to stare at his butt.

“If things don’t work out with Ethan you got waiter boy over there and Kyle. Girl you are so lucky.” Vicky said and started to pout. I just rolled my eyes at them. And turned to where the waiter walked off to and saw a missing poster on the wall by the cash register.

I felt the blood drain from my face and my hands started sweating.

It wasn’t just a dream my subconscious made up, it’s real. Everything is real, it really happened. The missing poster was of the girl, Maria Rodrigues, a girl I dreamt about a few weeks ago. If that’s all real, then that means… she’s dead, been dead for weeks and I know who did it, and that guy Micky know’s…knew her. She used to work here-

“Vi are you okay? You’re shaking.” I looked over at Van and she looked worriedly at me.

“I need some air. Do you mind watching Lily for me?” I asked and they both nodded.

I quickly got up and rushed to the entrance of the mall. Taking huge gulps of air to try and calm myself. I dreamt about what happened to that girl. I felt her being stabbed and … dying. Oh god, feeling sick.

I ran over to the nearest dustbin and threw up the breakfast Ethan made me and took a few extra breaths of air.

I looked around and felt like crying. What is happening to me?

After a few more moments to calm myself, I turned to go back into the mall, when I saw her. I froze every bone in my body, feeling like it turned to rubber. My movement’s becoming jerky and my mouth instantly going dry.

“Maria.” I croaked out and she slowly turned her head towards me. No it can’t be, she’s dead, I saw her die… felt her die and why is no-one noticing her.

She turned back and started walking.

“MARIA WAIT.” I called after her, but she wouldn’t stop. She just kept on walking and I ran to stop her.

She walked past the bus stop and down the road to a dodgy looking side of town. She started to move faster and I had to run to keep up with her.

“Maria slow down.” I called out and she turned a corner and walked into an abandoned house, with the door hanging a skew and the wall paper falling off. The musty old smell of decaying wood was hanging heavy in the air along with something foul. I put my hand over my mouth, because the smell was over powering, and I coughed into the sleeve of my jacket. I was standing in what looked to be the lounge area and I looked around spotting Maria.

She didn’t stop, she continued down the passage and stopped in front of a room at the back and I walked slowly towards her, my heart beating in my throat, and my sweat trickled down my neck. My sculpt prickled with an unknown emotion like fear, anxiety, dread all mixed into one giant bubble that clung to me like a cat suit. The smell got stronger with every step I took towards Maria. In the back of my mind I knew why the smell got stronger, and to where Maria was leading me but a small part of me was still disbelieving about what was happening, like it was some awful nightmare, where I had no control over my body and I was merely an observer to this eerie scene playing out.

I stopped at the door, standing next to Maria, she said nothing the whole time just looked at me blankly and then turned slowly toward the closed door and stared at it. I took a deep breath and with shaky hands reached out for the handle and turned, opening the door to another room, this one the smell was so strong I had to cover my mouth because I immediately started to gage as soon as the door opened. It was like the door was keeping the worse of the smell in.

Maria walked in and went straight to a closet and started scratching against it.

I walked in, with my sleeve still covering my mouth and stopped at the closet again. She stopped scratching and looked at me with sad eyes and said for the first time,

“In the floor.” I nodded as I opened the closet and there were rats everywhere and I screamed. I hate rats!

They scurried passed me, away from the blinding light to some dark dank corner. I took a few moments to get a grip of myself and turned back to the closet.

The closet was empty and my hands started to shake violently, while my scalp prickled and my breath came in short gasps. I leaned down and looked closely at the floor of the closet and saw a small hole big enough to fit two of my fingers in it.

I took a big gulp of the putrid air and put my index and middle finger in it before I could change my mind and I felt hair. I closed my mind off to what it could be and yanked the light weight board away.

I fell back on my butt, my arms braced behind me as I stared at the body.

There was the body of Maria, I knew it was her because I recognized the sneakers she was wearing, and it was the same pair from my dream along with the pink sweater and her long dark hair. There where rats and worms crawling all over her, she was already decomposing. She was lying in a fetal position, her head to her knees so that her body would fit the confined space and her lips were partially eaten away, probably from the rats.

I ran out of the house and threw up again until there was only dry heaves left in what I’m assuming to be the garden. When I finally got a grip I broke down, crying at what I had seen, what is happening to me? I followed a ghost and found her dead body. I sat on the damp floor and hugged my legs to my chest and cried.

I calmed down a little and got my sense back, I can’t leave her like that, I need to tell the police, but how do I explain how I found her?

Then I saw a payphone across the street.

Slowly getting up I walked over and dug into my pocket and pulled out a quarter and dialed 911.

“911 what’s you emergency?”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey folks,

I know i left you hanging on this one, but i'm halfway through the next chapter and will upload it on Sunday.

Thanks for waiting. Hope you enjoyed it.

Vote

Comment

Fan

Cheers

Steph ;)

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

4.7K 467 55
Striking a deal with Death can have dangerous effect - especially when you end up in a love triangle with one of its reapers, while fighting for your...
193 30 53
It has been approximately thirty good years since the attack of Samara's coven and Moriah Wilder, now of old age, has finally made a career in singin...
702 268 66
"You kept saying that you would never die, that you would live forever. But here you are, and here I am. Isn't it funny? I'm here to take your soul...
100K 1.8K 49
*EDITED UP TO CHAPTER 9. READ PAST THAT AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION.* Keeping a secret from the world is hard. Kira Hiraki's secret is a really big one to...