Forced Royal

By SugarCubes4

Arizona Touris is content with her simple but beautiful life with her brother, Miles, and her best friend, Ja... More

Forced Royal
Birthday
Castle?
Change...
A Lot To Get Used To
Dinner
Missing Him
May the Torture Begin
I Would Rather Have My Eye Poked Out With A Royal Fork
My Date With Prince Charming
My Two Left Feet
A Little Bit Of Freedom
I'm Going To Have To Say... Goodbye? For Good?
I Promise...
Recovery
Leave Me Alone
Let It Rain
Happy Thoughts
A For Real Work Out
Nice Catch!
Spying on the Love Birds
No Comment
Tested
Attempting to Make a Plan
He's On One Knee
Celebration
A Dip In The Pool
What Could've Been
This Is It
Let's Get Started
Oh my...
You're Kidding, Right?!
This Plan Is Becoming Dangerous
Dylan's Sweet Surprise
Important
Picture Perfect
The Moment We've Been Waiting For
Hopeless
Epilogue (Part 1)
Epilogue (Part 2)
Epilogue (Part 3)
Epilogue (Part 4)
What Happens To The Characters?
Thank You
Outnumbered
SEQUEL-FORCED HEIR
Forced Heir Prologue is Up!
Wattpad Block Party Winter Edition III

Charlie + Emerald

46.9K 1.2K 448
By SugarCubes4

Chapter 30- Charlie + Emerald

It's been a week since getting the dress and nothing interesting or out of the ordinary happened. All I've been doing is stay quiet, dance, and eat. Charlie has been going along with everything they say, but I haven't talked to him since the night before the wedding dress shopping. For now, the huge storm that is happening in our lives, is calmer than it was before, but we are still in the storm. Sadly, I feel like the storm isn't going to end soon; I feel more rain and hail coming our way. Possibly, some lightning bolts that will cause thunder.

Today, all I did was eat and learn a few steps to some annoying dance. The whole day my mind has been wondering to the thought of Jasper. I keep hoping he is okay, and that if Miles did offer for him to occupy space in the apartment, that he didn't have one of his frequent 'I-can-do-it-myself' speeches and denny Miles's offer.

My heels click and clack as I walk out of the Ballroom. My hands grip the silver handle to the extravagant door when Robin calls out to me, "Wait."

"What?" I ask, freezing in my position but not turning to look at him.

My ears register the sound of running footsteps echoing throughout the empty space, and they're running towards me. "Is everything all right? You seemed a little-I don't know-distant."

I have an urge to just spill my feelings, but he wouldn't understand. No, nothing is 'all right'. I am worried sick about my friend, whom I miss dearly. My future-husband is fighting against his parents, so the tension may be rising there. I'm homesick and I want to see my brother again.

Wait. Miles! It completely slipped my mind! I have to let him know if he is proposing to Dylan here or not. The queen never gave me an answer about it. I'm going to ask her about it right this instant.

"Yes, of course. Why wouldn't everything be okay?" I avoid eye contact with him even if he bends his head down to look at me.

"Ya know, I know the queen ordered for you to just pretend like you're in love with him even if the servants know everything that is going on, but if you're having trouble you can tell-"

I don't let him finish his sentence, "Look, thanks for wanting to help... but..."

"But what?" He asks, his face is serious but his eyes are the usual bright and happy.

"Not right now." I say quickly before walking out.

My pace was so quick that I walk right into a lady with some folded clothing in her hands. She tumbles onto the ground while I stumble back a bit. Her brown hair lands in her face and she brushes it away, huffing. The lady's matching brown eyes widen as she realizes that who she is huffing at, is me.

"I'm so sorry," I apologize as I pick up the clothes that lie on the perfectly polished floors.

"No, no, my apologies, Miss." The woman gets back to her feet and reaches for the clothes, but I look at them.

"Are these Charles's clothes?"

"Yes, m'am."

"I'm guessing you were taking them up to him?"

"Yes, Miss."

I shake my head, "I'll carry them up to him for you."

"No, I can't let you do that." She says.

"I insist." My voice demanding.

"Go ahead, then." She nods at me, turning back to where she came from.

"Wait, do you know where Queen Chelsea is?" I call out.

The lady turns her head to answer, "She is doing her studies in the library."

It took me a while as usual, but I found the library. My head pops through the door to the library and the queen is sitting at her desk where she was when I first came here. Man, that seems like centuries ago...

Queen Chelsea's eyes meet mine as I walk to her, still holding Charlie's clothes. "What do you want, bride-to-be?" She chimes in a sing-song voice and all it does is annoy me.

Once I get to her desk that is all the way across the huge room, (which I don't see why there has to be such a huge walk. Why couldn't they just put the desk near the door? It would be way more convenient.) I speak my business.

"Can Miles come and propose to his girlfriend like I asked before the proposal?"

"Well, straightforward today, aren't we?" Queen Chelsea says as she averts her focus back to her LivingSquare.

"Yes, now, answer my question, please." I say, trying to cover up my annoyance.

Still focusing on her electronic, she answers, "No."

That two lettered word can really get on your nerves so bad at times. It's baffling how one simple, little word can change your mood so quickly. "You told me that if I put on a good show that you would allow it."

"Did I say that?"

"Yes, yes you did. Now, reconsider your answer, please."

"Reconsidering in the process... reconsider completed, no."

How lame was that comeback? Well, I have to admit I don't come up with the best comebacks either... "Stop. You know you told me that."

"Go away, please,"

My hand smacks the Living Square and I yank it away from her. "We had a deal."

Chelsea's eyes lock onto mine, "Fine." She agrees too easily which makes realize she was just trying to get me irritated. Her manicured hands snatch it away and start tapping on the indestructible screen.

"When can it be?" I ask, reminding myself to be politer because she agrees to more stuff when I have a good attitude.

"After the wedding."

"Queen Chelsea, I need it before. Can you please make it before the wedding?"

Those hazel eyes scan my face which has a fake politeness all over it. "Well, since you're being nice to me and not difficult, fine. Next week, but no earlier and no later. Simply in a week, but they cannot spend the night. Don't go around thinking that you can see your brother all the time, though, just because I'm feeling generous today. Everything has gone smoothly today. Matter of fact, a little too smoothly. Charles hasn't bickered with us, Randolph has kept his temper under control for now, you're being... kind, and the wedding arrangements are going marvelously." Queen Chelsea notices Charles's clothes in my hands, "What are you doing with those? I ordered for someone to bring them to Charles."

"I thought I might as well take them to him since I-"

"You were going to visit him?"

Well, I was going to say since I bumped into the lady, but I guess it never hurt to pay Charles a visit.

"Uh, yea. We could go with that." I say as I begin the long trek to the door. "Oh, and tell someone to notify Miles since I can't see him..."

"Will do, now, shoo!"

My attention shifts to the clothes I hold as I walk. Looks like a white undershirt, a tie, and some shorts. When I get there, my fist gently taps on his door. When he opens it, he is dressed really nice; I'm talking tuxedo nice.

"Well, hello there." I say, jokingly.

Charlie smirks, "What? I look good or something?"

"Very much so." I notice he doesn't have a tie on so I hand him his loose tie to him, "That's yours and so are these."

Charlie walks back in his room and I follow. "Do you know how to fix a tie?" Charlie asks as he looks in the mirror.

"Yea, why?"

"Little help here?"

He hands me the black tie, "Why are ya all dressed up?"

"Had to slip it on to make sure it fits..."

My fingers fiddle with the black tie, "Well, I think you look rather dashing."

"Oh?" Charlie says, raising an eyebrow at me. As I adjust the tie to finish it up, I look up at him. Charlie's eyes are locked on mine. Our green eyes don't move; we both soak in every detail of each other's eyes. Realization occurs to me that I'm staring, so I break away the gaze.

"Um, well, like I said... 'dashing'." I say.

Charlie seems in a good mood today. An overly good mood. "Well, thank you."

The question that I keep holding back slips out, "What have you been up to today? You're full of joy for once."

He has a huge smile across his face that reaches his eyes and shows his pearly whites. "I snuck a date with Emerald. Don't tell anybody. I forgot how it felt to go on a small date with her."

I can't help but smile. "Where'd you two run off?" The adorable idea of a couple that won't let anything stop them from being together makes my insides feel like there are butterflies inside me. It's a beautiful love story in my brain.

"We snuck off to the rooftop when nobody needed me and she was taking a break."

"What'd y'all do?" Seriously, this is the most romantic thing ever.

He bites his bottom lip as he slips his jacket off, "Well, we shared a few kisses, and... we pretended like it was our wedding day. We joked around by saying fake vows and she wore a piece of fabric over her face like it was a veil. That girl is the one for me, Arizona."

"Something worth fighting for, eh?"

"Of course."

Suddenly, the best idea in the world occurs to me. Veil. Wedding. Emerald. Everything clicks together perfectly. This just may work. My heart skips a beat and my eyes can't help but widen at how wonderful this is.

"Oh my gosh..."

Charlie's widen along with mine, "What?!" I can tell that he knows I've come up with something.

"What size dress does Emerald wear?"

A/N: Hello, my awesome epic readers! I know this chapter is short and isn't much, but it's a chapter, sooooo... Also, thank you so much! Words can't express how thankful I am. You guys have brought so many smiles to my face. Also, y'all brought me to 10,000 votes. I can't believe how well everything has gone in a matter of a little over four months. :) You are epic. Also, you wanted a picture of the dress... (hint hint wink wink: take a look at the cover)

I have a question: Do you prefer happy endings or sad endings?

My opinion, I like happy endings but sad endings tugs at your heart. I love both kinds of endings. :P

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85.3K 3.4K 24
'My mother used to tell me that life is just a series of battles; it is up to us whether we are brave enough to fight them' Arriving back to...
90 7 11
"𝑱𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒂𝒅𝒎𝒊𝒕 𝒊𝒕, 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝒎𝒆 𝒔𝒐 𝒃𝒂𝒅𝒍𝒚 𝒂𝒔 𝒎𝒖𝒄𝒉 𝒂𝒔 𝑰 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖." 𝑯𝒆 𝒔𝒂𝒊𝒅 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒂 𝒑𝒖𝒓𝒆 𝒍𝒖𝒔𝒕 �...
74.9K 1.6K 41
17 year olds forced to marry?
14.5K 1.1K 28
This is not a love story... He doesn't believe in love. Or forever. Or soulmates or any of that shit. She believes in love. She just believes it wi...