(Canceled) Before I Shatter (...

By Rontu-Aru

For as long as he can remember, Foxy has been alone. Never a person of consequence. A loner. So cold and dist... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
What The Hell
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Almost Back
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Oh?
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Wattys 2019
Well Well Well
°_°
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
The Outsider Continuation
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Epilogue
The Price of Love

Chapter 2

2.8K 64 46
By Rontu-Aru

===Foxy's POV===

      It's my eighth birthday. My heads filled with ideas of cake and presents, as we drive through a dark street towards home, the orange glow of the street lamps leading us. Just me and my father. I remember him taking me to the movie theater, just me and him.
      That's when it happened... a car pulls right out in front of us while we're going forty-five... my dad had no time to stop, and we ended up in a head on collision.

      Everything happens in slow motion... the sound of metal bending and twisting as well as glass shattering. The car comes to a sudden jolt, deploying the air bags and lurching us forward.
      I remember everything... all the blood that flowed from his mouth and head where the glass had cut him... and I remember the slicing pain the shards of glass inflicted as they cut and stab into my small body. One of them puncturing my head, just above my right eye. Nearly blinding me as I tried desperately to crawl away from the wreck. Blood pouring down over my face, my vision becoming a blurry crimson. Pain seers through my leg as I try to stand but fall back down. A large piece of metal lodged into my upper thigh.

      Distant sirens echo through out my mind as I watch the other driver, who murdered my father, pull himself away from his broken and destroyed car. Still alive. I look back to where I was once trapped and see my father, still, motionless... lifeless.

      "Dad?" I say quietly.
      "DAD." I become more worried until I realized what happened.
      "DAD!" I finally start to scream... scream until I wake.

      A cold sweat pours from my head as I breath heavily. My heart races through my chest as I sit curled up in a ball with my head tucked in. The image of my father branded on my mind for me to see everyday.
I'm suddenly startled by my door bursting open and my mom rushing in. Concerned with the sudden screaming.

"Foxy what's wrong? Are you alright?" She practically yells as she kneels at my beside. Unsure if I should tell her or not, I just stare at her with a blank deadness in my eyes.

"i'm fine... just a nightmare." I lie blatantly. Its so much more than just a nightmare. My eyes sting from trying to hold back hot tears that are ready to flood down my face.

It's nothing a kid should ever see in their life. Their parent murdered before their very eyes. The life draining out of their eyes in an instant. And they shouldn't be reminded of it every time they look at themselves. Just like scars that cover my body that remind me everyday of who I lost and the overwhelming pain I felt.

When the police and the ambulance finally arrived, I had lost a lot of blood from my injuries. The feeling of weakness that covered me made me feel sick. Helpless. And I never wanted to feel that again and I still don't.

The paramedics loaded me up into the back of the ambulance and we raced off towards the hospital while the police stayed behind to survey the scene. My cuts and gashes were so deep that I had to get stitches lots of them. From my stomach scars all the way up to the one that almost cost me an eye. The physical and emotional pain flows through me as I lay there replaying every moment in my mind. Over and over again, watching my father die again and again.
The kid that was called in, was not the one that they found... the one saved had become broken.

      Finally I return to the present, where mom is still trying to get through. I still continue to stare at her with a deadness in my eyes when I notice a stream of tears rolling down my face. With haste I wipe away the weakness and get out of bed. Mother grabs my arm, and looks up at me with her motherly concern burning in her eyes.

"You had the dream again... didn't you." I rip my hand from hers and grab my attire for the day. But before I can storm off into my bathroom, I stop, turning my head so I can see her out of the corner of my eye.

"yeah... i did." I whisper. A feeling of sorrow blanketing me in its cold, icy grasp. Then I disappear, getting ready for another day of hell.

      The sounds of violent scribbling and a boring lecture, that has gone on for far too long, are all I'm aware of. This all goes on for too long. The days seem to be becoming longer and harder to handle, soon I'm not going to be able to take it. The thought of it makes me feel frustrated and angry. I begin to fidget viscously with my pencil. Swinging it around and maneuvering it through and in between my fingers. The scribbling growing louder and louder with each second. There are a few soft whispers that sound like yelling, and it all pounds against my head.
My feelings of anger and frustration are put aside by the bell, ringing loud and signaling freedom for the time being. Mr. Daniels wraps up his lecture with a homework assignment then dismisses us to our next class. I quickly and quietly pack my things. Shoving everything my bag with reckless abandon, almost jumping up and racing out the door.

      The halls are crowded, students just inches apart. Arms brushing up against one another. And I'm stuck behind it all. Everyone is so slow, barely even walking. I snarl and growl, but there's nothing I can do about but get angry.
I'm about to start shoving my way through the crowd when I see that it's splitting in half. Making a pathway from something heading strait towards me. Before I'm able to react, three people come busting out the back of the huge crowd. Knocking myself and my bag to the ground. Papers and books lay all over the floor as I pick myself up and throw my arms in frustration. My anger now bubbling at this point.

I squat down to start picking my fall things off the ground when someone starts to lend a hand. Picking a couple papers and books off the ground, handing them to me after we both stand. I turn and begin to walk on my way when the person halts me.

"Wait." She says, and I do, turning sideways to see what she wants. I stare at it for a second before glancing up from the ground at her.
She stares with big bright golden eyes, her platinum colored hair, and her lips forming a sort of sad frown.
"I'm really sorry about them. They don't always pay attention." She says in a very heartfelt apology, her voice sounding soft and sweet as well as calming, but a hint of annoyance behind her words. Its now she actually looks up at me, and I down slightly at her. She gives a small, soft smile, and I turn away with a light blush. Quickly dismissing the odd feeling.

"You're the new guy right?" The girl asks and I give a small nod as a response. "I guess I should introduce myself, huh... I'm Mangle, Mangle Vix." A strange feeling comes over me like this person is different, or the same. Like they have experienced real, deep pain. The feeling is somewhat comforting.

"im foxy." I say in a low voice, just audible for her to hear. No one could really find much out about me, I keep it too close to myself. Any information people have on me I see as some sort of weakness they've exposed. The feeling holds nothing but hate and disgust in my heart. The feeling of weakness seems to plague me.

"Foxy, huh... Well, I guess I'll see you around yeah?" Mangle concludes the one-sided conversation, then jogs off to catch up with her friends. Leaving me with the familiar feeling of being alone.

The outside air is cool, and crisp. A gentle breeze blows a couple leaves by my feet as I take a seat outside for lunch. Every table and every seat has been taken up, and I am terribly impatient. Especially when it comes to stuck up teenagers who think that the entire world evolves around them.

There are a couple other people that have taken tables outside, but not enough to be annoying. I deeply exhale, taking a bite out of my sandwich. The peace and quiet is a solace I haven't had much experience with. Everything is always hectic, and "go here, do this." "go there, do that." It's nice to have a little down time to myself.
It doesn't last for long, however, it never does. The door to the cafeteria is pushed open and a group of four come outside. Three of which I recognize as the ones that ran into me. But the last one is an unknown. I hate the unknown. But I have no time to figure what this guy is as a fifth person I didn't notice sits right across from me. They wear a snow white hoodie, the hood drawn up.

"mind if i sit here?" She asks as I recognize this girl as the one that helped me in the hall earlier. I don't give her an answer, but stare with a look of annoyance. She notices.
"look, i know you don't like company... but there's not a lot i can do about it... you see that guy over there." She says pointing to the unknown guy. "he kinda has a thing for me, but i and everyone in the school hates him. he's like the wor-" Mangle is cut off from finishing her sentence by someone butting in.

"There you are Mangi. I was wondering where you've been." The guy says putting his hand in front of Mangle in a sort of flirty way. Mangle stares at me, begging me with a panic in her eyes to get rid of him. I exhale heavily and intervene.

"what do you want?" I say in a annoyed way. Grabbing his attention with shock. Why am I helping her?

"It doesn't concern you, red. So how bout you back off." The way he speaks to me infuriates me. The rudeness and lack of respect is astounding. Almost sickening.

"well i hate to break it to you, there's no mangle here." Why am I helping her? Why do I care, I really shouldn't. The guy just stares at me with a anger boiling in his eyes as he storms off back to where he came from, with a loud and audible growl.

"thanks... i owe you one." Damn right.

I replay the moment in my head, as I walk down the busy sidewalk towards home. People passing me without much notice, or second thought. That girl, Mangle, her image seems to stick in my head for an unknown reason. Why did I help her? I don't know her and she sure as hell doesn't know anything about me. But any chance I get for someone to be in my debt I'll take.

      My thoughts are cut short by someone beginning to yell. Demanding to know where someone is. I recognize the annoying voice as the one that belonged to the guy loitering around my locker yesterday. This time, however, he's brought more goons with him. The guys make their way through the crowds of students, shaking each one till they spot me off in the distance.
      One of the goons rallies up the others and they start sprinting towards me, soon surrounding me. The head of them stepping into the center, in front of me.

      "Well, here we are again." He says gesturing towards me. "I don't think I've properly introduced myself yet. I'm Trevor, you know the one that completely humiliated in front of the entire school!" Trevor begins to shout, trying to scare me.
      "What, you have no more fight left? Or are you just too scared to even move? No matter... boys, take care of him." Trevor steps out of the circle, ordering an attack. I stand in the center of six guys who all seem all but eager to throw in, but too scared to be the first until one to my right shoves me to another guy who pushes me to another. They fumble around like this for a while until one of them rips off my hood.

Instantly I perk up. Turning around and punching the guy who set me off in the nose. All the other guys now jumping in to throw fists. I manage a couple of them before I'm overwhelmed and get hit I'm my stomach and chest. Sending me off into a fence, blood pouring out my nose as I raise my fists for the next onslaught. They all rush at once, pinning me against the fence, kicking and punching.
With most of my strength, I'm able to push them back, taking down two more before I'm hit again by the last guy. In a rage of fury, I tackle the guy and go in on his face, my fists soon becoming bloody. The sound of each fist making contact all too familiar to me.

Exhausted, I stand back up and stare down at my defeated enemies. All of them groaning and holding either their faces or stomachs. Leaving Trevor the only one standing.

"You're all useless!" He yells at his fallen group. Staring up at me in horror, realizing that I'm moving towards him. The look of a fiery death burning heavily in my eyes. He cowards back as I grab him by the collar and pull him up close and growling under my breath.

"next time, I won't hesitate to kill." I say before finishing the punch I didn't on the first day then dropping him to the ground and watching him crawl to his feet and run away. I wipe blood from my lip and spit it onto the grass. The metallic taste all too familiar to me.

      It's funny... after dad died I became real irritable. So easily set off. A lot of kids would go home with bloody noses or busted lips. I remember yelling and screaming as the teachers tried to restrain me. Mom always hated when I got in fights. Always told me no one would want to be the friend to such a badly behaved kid. Though I didn't really care. I kept fighting. Kept lashing out in painful anger. I guess this is just another under the belt.

      When I do finally get home, I'm exhausted. The bleeding had stopped a while ago but my busted lip still stings to the touch.
      The front door opens with a loud creak and slams with a loud thud. Laying everything down and taking off my hoodie, I sit down at the table and set my head down. Playing every moment from today in my head. The feelings of anger and hatred still burning deep within me.

      My thoughts start to wonder. Coming across things that happened far in the past, all the pain and bloodshed I inflicted on others. The blood that stained my hands and my clothes.... and the dream.... no... the reality I experience every night. My father dying all over again.. the look of death engulfing his eyes.
The thoughts and memories start to make me feel sick. Just the thought of pain and suffering always seems to get bottled up inside and never show. Slowly boiling till it's too much to bare. I sit up and stare helplessly at the ceiling, but when I bring my eyes back down I notice a yellow posit note stuck on the fridge. In neat handwriting it reads,

Gonna be working late, but there's a neat plaza just down the street you should check out. - Mom.

Working late again. No. Working late always. Mom is almost never home, working as hard as she can just to stay busy and keep her mind off things. Eventually it's going to burn her out.
I agree with the thought of going to a plaza, so I grab my wallet, a leather jacket, my hoodie, keys and helmet. Walking out the door and mounting my Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R sports bike. It roars to life, and I rev it before racing out of the driveway and down the street.

The engine cuts and becomes quiet as I step off and lock down my bike and helmet. Looking around I see a clothing outlet, a Dollar Tree, three different restaurants and a small movie theater. Opting for the theater, I head inside, hood drawn up; taking a moment, I look over the different options and take in the salty, buttery smell of the popcorn. Waiting for the line ahead of me to die down. The line soon becomes shorter and shorter until I'm at the very front.

      "Hi there, what can I do for you?" The woman behind the counter inquires.

      "I just need a ticket to the earliest movie that's playing."

      "Alright, it's going to be five dollars and the movie will be playing in theater number three." She says handing me a ticket and calling for the next customer as I make my way towards theater three.

      As soon as it began, the movie ends. Leaving me kind of confused as to what I just watched.

      That movie was really hard to follow. There seemed to be no plot behind it. Each scene was acted out really poor. Definitely wasn't worth the five dollars.

      I give a little stretch as I walk out of the dark theater room. Squinting at the sudden flood of light, and groaning while rubbing my eyes. It's five forty-five. Mom probably won't be home till ten or eleven. Maybe I'll go to the clothes store for a new hoodie.
      My thoughts are soon interrupted by a sudden burst of soft taps on my shoulder. I jump and spin around at the sudden contact, the feeling so unfamiliar and unnatural to me after having none for the pasts few years. I settle down slightly when I'm greeted by the stunned face of Mangle.

      "Are you alright?" She asks with concern. My first instinct is telling me to just walk away, but for some reason I can't.

      "what do you want?" The question is plain and simple but the answer is a little complicated.

      "Well I saw you in the same theater and I thought I would say hi.... and I guess to ask you if you'd want to go grab something to eat?" This girl is so confusing. She keeps going out of her way for me... me of all people. A loner who has barely spoken to anyone.
      "I understand if you don't want to, being a loner and all. It would only be myself and my three other friends." The voices continue to bicker and debate, each instinct going against one another. I've never felt so conflicted.

      "fine.".............WHY? WHY DID I AGREE? I yell internally while we walk over to a pizza place, the sign out front reading, The Brick Oven. The inside is dimly lit, the aroma of pizza filling the air.
      We both walk to a stand where a waitress sits, ready to greet us both.

      "Hi there! Welcome to The Brick Oven. Is it just a party of two?"

      "No, party for five." Mangle replies.

      "Alright, if you two will just follow me we'll have you seated right away." The waitress grabs five menus from below the stand, and leads us to an empty table. The glow of a candle in the very center of the table, located next to a tinted window. The scene, I feel, is set up to be a romantic theme. It's honestly a little sickening.

      "Alright, my name is Maria and I'll be your server tonight. Can I get you started with some drinks?" Maria asks pulling out a small notepad. Mangle glances over at me for a second before she orders a iced tea, while I just order a water. Maria scribbles it all down then leaves with a promise to have those out for us.
      Our drinks arrive without much conversation in between, and be both thank the waitress before she's off again to help another table. Mangle and I both sit in silence for a while before she finally breaks the silence that had fallen.

      "So, Foxy... You're new to our school. You don't really know anyone... I figured that I'd pay you back by giving you some tips." Ive learned pretty much everything I need to know... but I'll let her entertain herself.

      "go on."

      "Well for starters, I'd stay away from Trevor and his little posse. I'm sure you're already aware of that." I nod, taking note of even the simplest information. "Oh, and Springtrap... I'd stay far away from him. I'm pretty sure I've already warned you about him. Springtrap is the biggest threat to the students. I've heard that he isn't well in the head."

      We talk for a little longer, though the conversation is one sided, before Mangle's three friends take a seat at the table. It's the same three that knocked all my things to the floor. At first they take no notice to me, but greet Mangle kindly.
      They converse back and forth for a while before Mangle makes my presence known by gesturing and introducing me to them. Toy Bonnie, Toy Freddy and Toy Chica. The three turn to look and find that they were sitting next to someone the whole time, which startles them.

      "Woah, man. Why didn't you say anything?" The guy with the light blue hair inquires demandingly.

      "Yeah, you nearly gave me a heart attack!" The girl with the obnoxiously blonde hair. The other one just stays silent but gives a strange look to Mangle.

      "Look, we ran into each other at the movies, I owed him for getting rid of Springtrap. So I invited him, sue me?" The three look at her in a look that is part disbelief and confusion.

      Dinner went by relatively fast. The pizza was ordered and brought out fast, and was gone twice as fast. Mangle and her friends chatted up a storm while they ate, leaving me completely out of their conversation. Not that I mind. Eventually, we are all finished and the check is brought around. Though when I go to pull out my wallet, Mangle stops me. Setting down payment for both her and I. I try to object, as does everyone else, but the check is taken away before it happens.
      By the time we all step out of The Brick Palace it's seven at night. Mangle's friends head off towards one of their cars, when I notice that Mangle stuck back.

      "So..." She starts, swinging her arms. "Sorry if I crossed any lines with my friends or the meal. I just wanted to repay the favor, and thank you again for getting Springtrap off my back." We both start walking towards my bike, Mangle and I both being silent until I stop and swing my leg over the side. I slide the key into the ignition before Mangle pipes up again.

      "This is a nice bike, I thought you would drive something like a two thousand four Toyota Corolla." She chuckles to herself before notices that I'm staring at her with a deadness glossing over my eyes. "What's up?"

      "listen.... thank you for dinner, but stay away from me. for your sake." I say plainly, and before she can respond with anything I race off down the street. The orange street lamps guiding me home... or at least... a broken one.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 47.5K 53
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
21.9K 468 29
When Lucy visits the Heartfillia estate she finds a note from her mother telling her how the only three celestial mages left can save the world . Can...
40.2K 500 51
FNAF Song Lyrics!!! I take requests.
27.3K 879 16
Dream has been in prison for over a year. No one visited him exapect Quackity. But he doesn't count. Until one day a message pops in chat Dream tried...