You're a Hot Mess (Peterick)

By PatrickOhDearLord

Pete Wentz and Patrick Stump have been friends since as long as they can remember. Ever since first grade Pet... More

~Introduction to Part I~
Chapter One - Blood
Chapter Two - And?
Chapter Three - Ignorance
Chapter Four - Envy Isn't Pretty. (Unless It's On You.)
Chapter Five - Gentle, Gentle, Gentle.
Chapter Six - Whisper It
Chapter Seven - Lies Don't Solve Mysteries
Chapter Eight - No Good
Chapter Nine - Magic Tricks
Chapter Eleven - A Few Terrible Plans (And a Slightly Better One.)
Chapter Twelve - Stand By, the Plan's Going Over and Out.
Chapter Thirteen - The Aftermath is Good Revenge and Hatred
Chapter Fourteen - Metaphorical Grey Skies
Chapter Fifteen - That Pleasant Type of Chill
Chapter Sixteen - Midterm Pizza
Chapter Seventeen - "Fish-Boy"
Chapter Eighteen - Gingerbread
Chapter Nineteen - And Things Are Good
Chapter Twenty - The Hamartia
~Introduction to Part II~
Chapter One - Paper
Chapter Two - Coffee
Chapter Three - A Suitcase and a List
Chapter Four - I Think Our Tour Checklists Are A Little Different
Chapter Five - Summer Evenings
Chapter Six - You Have A Stare That Could Burn Holes
Chapter Seven - Out of All the Lights, I'm Only Thinking of Ours
Chapter Eight - Hotel Keys
Chapter Nine - Scattered Paper
Chapter Ten - Melodies
Chapter Eleven - Between the Battles
Chapter Twelve - Bury Me Deep
Chapter Thirteen - Bedsheets
Chapter Fourteen - The Television Flickers
Chapter Fifteen - Compare and Contrast
Chapter Sixteen - The End of the Wars
Chapter Seventeen - So, a Former Bartender and an Emo Walk into a Kitchen...
Chapter Eighteen - Life
Chapter Nineteen - Flowers, Forts and Forever.
Chapter Twenty - Last Minutes
Epilogue

Chapter Ten - Bathrooms & Butterflies

7.8K 406 227
By PatrickOhDearLord

*Sorry for the delay. I'm addicted to Vampire Diaries at the minute. It's made me want to write a vampire fic. But more importantly, thank you for reading.* 

After Ashlee left, slowly everyone else did too. The happy couple went their separate ways, with Patrick staying to do something with Gabe. When I say staying, it was more Gabe coaxing Patrick into doing drugs with him with pure peer pressure and charm. Trust me, I've been there.

And I vowed never to touch anything provided by Gabe Saporta ever again.
.
I think I can still taste the play-dough from the last misendevour...

Gabe offered me to tag along but as I said, I'm boycotting Gabe Saporta infested merchandise. He whined for a bit after I declined, clearly trying to set Patrick and I up again. Believe me we don't need to, I've seen him enough to last a lifetime tonight I think.

Although it still doesn't feel enough.

I told him I'd check up on them in an hour or so to make sure they're not lying dead in the bathroom. Patrick paled when I said it, so naturally I went into detail with it. Gabe laughed and walked away with his arm tightly wrapped around a frightened Patrick.

I knew he hadn't actually changed that much. From all his sudden confidence I was beginning to worry.

I check the time on my phone; 2:32am. It's been about 45 minutes but I'll check on them just incase. Plus Gabe's always a lot of fun when he's out of it and I don't want to miss anything to ridicule him over later. The only downside is if he's too screwed up then I'll have to help him back to his room. And Patrick's never even done coke, especially not Gabe's coke so I'll have to help him back to our dorm too.

Maybe I should have stopped him, I'm too tired for this shit.

I could just leave, let them get on with it. But then Patrick might get mad. Or one of them could get hurt, or lost or both. Yeah I better check. Just incase.

I trudge away from the spot in the back of the club I've been standing at for so long I think there's dents in the floor shaped like my feet and ignore the judging look from the bartender !that probably means he thinks I'm a loser because I've stood mostly by myself all night, and set down my glass at the bar.

"At least I'm not fucking working here." I mutter, although he hears because his eyes tear away from me and he picks up the glass to dry, his chin stuck up in the air. Arrogant bastard. "Fill it up again by the time I'm back." I say tiredly, receiving a glare from the bartender. "Please." I add, stressing the word. The man huffs and mumbles something under his breath I'm glad I didn't hear.

I strut away feeling quite insulted and head to the bathroom, Patric's giggles already audible from outside the door. I chuckle to myself, ready for whatever dumb thing he could be laughing at so- Wait a second.

"Jesus, Patrick!" Gabe gasps from inside. I raise an eyebrow and open the door to see Gabe backing up from Patrick, who's giggling wildly. They both freeze, Gabe looking petrified at my sudden entrance and Patrick still giggling.

"Pete, I-" Gabe holds his hands up in defence and walks over to me. He doesn't look like he's taken anything. Then again, Gabe can hold his liqueor and his drugs very well for an eighteen year old. "I swear I didn't try anything." He looks scared. Like he's afraid I'm going to punch him in the face or something. Which is absurd because he didn't do anything, Patrick did. Or.. he tried at least. 

"What happened?" Patrick's hanging around near the mirror, smiling giddilly and talking to his reflection in a strange, excited voice I've only heard him use when he's talking about something he loves. I can't make out a word he's saying though. He's talking too fast. 

"Uh.. Patrick kinda came onto me... I guess? Don't get mad dude-" 

"Gabe, it's alright. Calm down. He does that when he's drunk for god sakes. Besides, I'm used to him flirting with other people by now."

Gabe smiles. Half sympathetically but I think it's mostly out of relief. "Listen Amigo, it's okay not to be fine with the whole Elisa thing. You know that right?" I nod and laugh it off. Of course I know that. Of course. "I know that. But it's cool, I'm fine with it." 

It's not cool. I'm not fine with it.

"You could talk to him about it."

I could. I could tell him about how insecure and how insignificant he makes me feel when he's with anyone but me. I could ask him if we're actually going anywhere or if I'm just being stringed along. And I will... but not now.  

When I don't say anything for a couple of seconds, Gabe shifts his weight on his feet and clears his throat, understanding that he may have caused some awkwardness. "I'll be outside. Give you two some time." 

"Gabe he's out of it how am I supposed-" 

"In that state, you could ask him anything and he'd tell you the truth."

He's right. He knows it. I know it. Patrick'll know it when he sobers up.

But the question is... do I or do I not take advantage of the situation.

A good friend wouldn't. They'd help him back, tuck him in. Maybe embarrass the hell out of them with stories of what he did the next day. And I will do that. Believe me, I have a few good stories already.

I'm also going to take advantage of the situation.

Gabe leaves out the door, probably going to drink what I ordered. 

He'll be lucky it isn't fucking poisoned judging by the look the barman gave me. 

Patrick's still talking to himself... or his reflection or whatever. I walk over to him and he looks at me, turns around and smiles. "Pete! I was just talking about you!" 

"Wait... that's what you were talking about?" 

"Yeah! Why?"

He was talking about me. I was the thing he...

"No reason. Let's get you home, huh?" I take his hand, he waves to his reflection and leans his head against my shoulder. "Yeah... I think whatever Gabe gave me's wearing off a little."

"That's what I thought the first time." I roll my eyes and he looks at me with the same scared look I saw in his eyes earlier when he left with Gabe in the first place. It's still as comical as it was then. 

We leave the bathroom and Gabe's at the bar, like I thought he'd be. When he sees us come out he looks relieved, more so than he did earlier. "Thank god, I'm bored... and tired." He says, grabbing the glass I assume was mine and drinking it all in one go. 

He makes a digusted face and looks to the man behind the bar, "What was that?" 

The man shrugs, "I just mixed some of the worst tasting stuff we had." 

"Why?" Gabe, surprisingly, grabs a napkin and spits into it and not on the floor or the bartender's face like I thought he would. "That'd be my fault, I was a dick earlier." I confess and the barman agrees, nodding his head. 

Gabe gets up, giving the guy one last look, "It tasted like cough syrup and corpses. Still, it wasn't the worst thing in the world. You need to try harder." He winks and joins me and Patrick, who's still clinging onto me, and we leave out the door. 

******

"And then everything went purple and I could see little green chickens walking on the ground and they were walking like-" Patrick does a wild hand gesture to try and explain it. I don't get it at all, but I nod anyway. "It was wild!" He sinks back into his pillow and smiles sleepily. 

"All this story telling's got you tired, huh?" I brush his hair behind his ear and he nods, his eyes fluttering every few seconds in a desperate attempt to stay awake. "Looks like you were right, it was wearing off." I whisper, pulling my hand back. "Guess Gabe gave you the light stuff, huh?" He giggles and says, "Guess," back.

I can't manipulate that. What would I ask him anyway? And what if he remembered in the morning? It's a bad idea. And hey... it's not fair, is it?

"Sleep, sleepyhead." I kiss his forehead and get up from his bed to get to mine. I lay down and face Patrick. He's breathing in short little puffs and his eyes are still fluttering open. "Night." 

"Night." He replies. A few seconds later he adds, "Love you." I chuckle, "Love you too." His eyes open fully and he smiles in an almost normal way and shakes his head slightly. "No I mean it, I love you."

"Tell me that when you're sober." His brow furrows and his smile breaks. I shut my eyes and try to ignore the fireworks going off in my head that's scaring the butterflies in my stomach.

*This was a complete filler chapter, sorry about that. Oh yeah.. I was thinking; If anyone would like to beta for me then send me a message or leave a comment or something. Maybe tell me a bit about yourself. Heck I could have a few people helping. The more the merrier. Honestly I'd just like some constructive criticism on each chapter before I post it. Or if I have a writer's block it'd be a blessing to have someone help. So yeah, if you're interested in that then hit me up. Idk, just if you wanted to it'd be cool to have someone help me when I need it, you know? Thanks in advance and again, sorry for the delay, the filler chapter and the fact that it's shorter than the last few.*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.6K 260 28
Jamie had a some what normal life until she met patrick stump and for a while everyone says they're "meant to be" But when a tragedy happens, she's l...
270 15 12
Patrick stump and Pete Wentz have been lovers since Patrick moved into Pete's school in third grade. But when Pete gets into an accident, will things...
6.4K 326 24
When Patrick Stump is paired with his mortal enemy Pete Wentz to perform a romantic Romeo and Juliet scene, the two must find a way to cooperate with...
187K 9.4K 39
When Patrick Stump moves to a new school he's not immediately accepted. His only two friends are Joe and Andy. But when Pete Wentz starts to notice s...