•Angelic• {alec Lightwood}

By mar_the_unicorn

Aurora Darwin is best friends with Simon and her adoptive sister clary. Things are going well, Clary got into... More

A stele?
It happened one time
Flustered
Bloody knuckles
Night children
In what way are they not
Love birds
Distractions
Grey for knowledge best untold
Focus
Goldstark?
I cant, jace!
Little angel
Parabatai
Your mom scares me
I lost him
Magnus the therapist
Tarot cards
Find a different way
Rory is one of our own
Settling down
Living up to your family name.
Bleach blonde barbie wannabe
Switzerland
Do it

Shattered

17.4K 353 219
By mar_the_unicorn

"Clary, aurora" captain Vargas says as she walks up the stairs to the police station. After being pushed into the purple cloud clary and I appeared in the police station out of thin air.

"Captain Vargas" clary says relived. Clary stands up as the captain gets closer to us.

"It's two in the morning what are you two doing here so late?" She asks clary. I am still sitting on the ground with my head in my hands. I killed a man today.

"Luke said he'd Uh... drive us home if he was still here." Clary comes up with an excuse because lets be honest you cant just say I'm here because my mom shoved me through a purple cloud and I appeared here out of thin air.

"He's in an interview" captain Vargas sighs " could take him awhile"

"Cool we'll wait in the cafeteria" clary says pulling me up from my position on the ground. We make to walk off but the captain stops us.

"Is there something wrong, Aurora?" She asks taking in my appearance. I probably looked like a train wreck. "Guy trouble?"

Clary looks down at my face then back up at the captain. " yeah, sure" captain Vargas nods at clary's answer. "It's Uh... something like that"

With that clary and I turn and start to make our way to what the captain thought was the cafeteria but really we were making our way to Luke.

"The minute we found out Jocelyn Fairchild was alive you were easy to track" a male voice says to Luke. Clary and I are peaking over the railing at Luke.

"Fairchild" clary repeats. Jocelyn's last name is fray not Fairchild.

"Turns our you two were never that far apart" the woman says to him. I look at lukes face to see it void of any emotion and that truly scared me.

"She's with the circle now, it's just a matter of time until we find the daughters" the man says talking about clary and me.

"Daughter" luke corrects. That breaks me a little but I decide to keep listening. "The other one is just a waste of your time she's average nothing but a mundane" luke spits out like the words are poison on his tongue. I slide down the wall a little. How could he? He was like a father to me.

"Fine but you can have Jocelyn and the daughter if you just give up the cup" the woman tries to reason. Luke leans forward on the desk.

"They mean nothing to me" luke scoffs. "Especially aurora" that's it. I slide all the way down the wall and put my face in my hands. I look up at clary with tears running down my face. "Kill them all if you like" that's when I completely break. I feel the tears running down my face nonstop. "Now get out of my office and tell valentine that when I find the cup I'm keeping it"

Clary tugs on my arm to get me to get up and she succeeds after a few attempts. We make our way out side into the cold rain. We run all the way back The the loft and rush into the store. Normally when you would enter you would immediately be hit by warmth but now it's just cold.

"Mom" clary screams. I take in the sight of the store. Everything is a mess. There's glass and antiques strung everywhere.clary and I make our way up to the loft which looks even worse than it does downstairs. I look to my right and see dot. I tug on clary's sleeve and then point to dot.

"They took Jocelyn" dot says distraught.

"Who took her?" Clary ask walking slowly up to dot.

"Rogue shadowhunters searching for the mortal cup" dot answers even though we don't know what that means. "Did your mom ever talk to you about a cup it's gold almost like a chalice." Dot asks.

"No we don't know anything about a cup." Clary answer for me. I don't trust my voice right now. I think if I even talked I break down.

"You know more than you think you do clary fray" dot says to clary while walking near her. That's when I see tentacles pop out of dots face. I grab the stele from my boot and launch it at dot hitting her in the eye. Dot drops down to the ground and transforms into a demon with skin that looks like it's been burnt to a crisp. It dislodges the stele from its eye and tosses it to the ground but before it gets to the ground I reach out and catch it. It launches at clary but at the same time it nicks me with one of its tentacles. I feel a searing pain surge through me. My vision goes blurry but right before I black out I see the silhouette of the blonde guy from the club but standing near him is the brunette.
—————————————
I wake up with a jolt. The feeling of something cold touching my face. I open my eyes and look around noticing I'm in an unfamiliar place. I look over to my left and see a brunette girl sitting there.

"I Don't know you" I say pushing myself up and against the head board of the bed. The girl smiles at me. I look at her arms and see the same tattoos that the guy from the club had.

"I'm Isabelle" she says in a calm voice while smiling. I smile back at her even though I don't know her I know that I can trust her. "I've never seen my brothers so curious about a mundane" she comments. "I know Alec is even though he would never admit it" she rambles.

"Where is my sister?" I ask her. I trust her but I need to find clary.

"Shes this way follow me" she leads me down the hall to another room. I walk in and see clary passed out on a bed. Ha who's sleeping beauty now? Clary suddenly starts mumbling in her sleep while her necklace glows. Isabelle leans over her to exam the necklace but clary sits up quickly and hits Izzy in the head. "Ow" Izzy says in a calm voice. "I'm Isabelle" she greets my sister. Clary looks all the way around the room and visibly relaxes when she sees me.

"Hey sis" I say in a quiet voice. I don't think I would be able to talk any louder. I make my way over to her and sit on the edge of her bed.

"Now I Must say distractions are dangerous in our line of work" Izzy says looking at clary and I.

"I have no idea what you're talking about" clary sighs. What does Izzy mean by their line of work.

"Wait omg are you part of the mafia?" I ask Izzy with my fingers crossed it would be so cool to be part of the mafia.

"Something like that" she responds making my heart jump out of my chest and me to do a happy dance. "You guys really don't know much do you?"

I shake my head at her. I really don't know anything. "I really don't"

"All I know is that some psychos have taken our mother and now you guys have taken us" clary says abruptly. I reach over and grab her hand to calm her down. Clary really has a temper.

"And by taken I assume you mean saved your life" Izzy tries to explain. I look to my left as two guys walk into the door. It's the blonde and the brunette from the club.

"The mundanes shouldn't even be here" the brunette snaps going over to lean against the wall. When he leans against the wall his shirt comes up a bit revealing his abs and part of his v-line. I shake my head and return to listening to the blonde in the room.

"Their not mundanes alec, the seraph blade lit up when they touched it" the blonde says. Man! Guys in the mafia are hot. I wonder if the blonde has abs too. He looks over at Izzy and gestures with his hand for her to move. "Izzy can you..." she gets out of the way allowing him to sit on the edge of the bed. "I'm Jace Wayland" he greets but what gets me is he looks solely at my sister.

"I'm Uh cl..." before clary can finish the blonde continues for her.

"Clary Fray and Aurora Fray" I cough when he calls me a Fray. I mean I love Jocelyn and clary but my name is the only thing I have left of my family.

"Darwin" I sigh. Everyone apart from clary looks at me confused. "My last name is Darwin" jace seems to blow me off as he looks back at Clary. I catch Izzy give me a smile and a nod showing me that she understood or at least cares what I said.

"Am I the only one that finds this unusual?" Alec asks. I laugh at him to which he responds by flipping me off.

"Alec you find everything unusual" jace protests. Alec scoffs at his remark.

"Well I have to report this to the clave" Alec says getting up from the wall he walks over to my left and stands there with his arms crossed.

"Do me a favor and dial it back a notch" jace says to him. Isabelle scoffs from where she was standing behind jace.

"My brother doesn't have a notch he has a switch and it's always on." I laugh at the way Izzy puts it. "Walk with me big brother"

Izzy and Alec both walk out of the door leaving me with clary and jace.

"Your wounds their healed" jace nods to where the crazy demon nicked a piece of my neck with its tentacles.

"How is that even possible" clary asks shocked. I don't react because to be fair I don't think anything is going to surprise me anymore. "So we're suddenly healed and all of you stunning people have magical powers" jace laughs and shakes his head no.

"Oh no don't confuse me with a warlock" jace laughs. He takes in clary's confused appearance and sighs.

"A what?"

"It's one of the downworlders" The stunning blonde says to us. I groan in annoyance. One minute clary and I are making plans to go to college and the next we're being sucked into a world full of psychos and whatever these downworlders are. "Warlocks, vampires, seelies..."

"Literally my brain is about to explode" I groan taking jaces attention away from my sister. He smirks but then turns back to my sister.

"Well I'll keep it simple for you" he gives a slight shake of the head as if he was laughing "all the legends are true" he pauses again " we're shadowhunters we protect the human world from the demon world those people" he pauses once again "you saw murdered at the pandemonium weren't people at all they were shapeshifting demons" I take in a sharp intake of air This was a lot to process. Especially since I've lost half of my family. Clary leans in and starts to talk quietly.

"I'm not interested in being apart of your supernatural fight club I just want to find my mom" I put my head down and look at my hands. She usually doesn't call Jocelyn just hers and right now I'm needing a family. "All I care about is finding my mother" I take in another breath of air and quickly blink back the tears threatening to spill from my eyes. "Please help me find her" that's it I've had enough. I get up and quickly make my way out of the door. I follow many twist and turns until I get to a massive library. I walk slowly into the library and as soon as I get all the way to the back I slide down the wall. I don't know how long I stayed there with my head in my hands and my knees pulled up but I can tell it has gotten significantly darker outside. I feel something shift to my left so I look up. I'm greeted by Izzy smiling at me. She puts her arm around my shoulder when she sees the tears streaming down my face.

" Izzy I can't do this" I cry into her shoulder. "I'm not strong enough"

"Hey hey" she puts her hands on the sides of my head. " you are stronger than you think" she says while pulling me in for a hug.

"You really think so izzy?" I ask wiping my nose with my sleeve. She nods with a sad smile.

"Why would you ever think you weren't" I starts to cry again, thinking of the words luke said about me. They mean nothing to me especially aurora.

"Izzy in my life I've lost to many people"I feel the tears again. "I can't lose anyone else"
—————————
Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Oh and give your thoughts on Izzy. How many of you want aurora and Izzy to be parabatai?

Izzy or Alec?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 36K 38
The clash of two worlds made of ice. Ivy is thrust into the world of Shadowhunters alongside wit her friend, Clary. In one night her world turns u...
2.7M 73.3K 187
The greatest Shadowhunter of his generation is what they say about the legendary Jace Wayland. But, what you don't know, is that they also say the sa...
205K 3.1K 25
Shadow Hunters are people that are half angel half mundane (human). They protect the human word from the demon world, downworlders. Kayla Wayland is...
28.4K 423 20
𝐂𝐇𝐑𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐀 𝐁𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐊𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐍, the second oldest of the blackthorns one of the most wealthiest shadowhunter family. Her whole life is all p...