Magnus the therapist

Slowly I walk through the big door of Magnus's apartment. I just couldn't stand to be at the institute right now.

"Magnus." I sniffle as I walk into the living room. He looks at look and sees me crying. Immediately he rushes over and pulls me in for a hug.

"Don't cry." He shushes me. "What happened?"

"Alec." I say pulling away from Magnus and sitting on the couch. "His parents are making him marry for a political alliance. I'm sorry I should have listened to your advice."

"You have nothing to be sorry about aurora. this isn't your fault." He sighs. " it's not to late to tell him."

"Yes it is" i sink further into the cushion. "I can't tell him how I feel because then it would be real and it means I'd actually lose him."

"Oh honey." Alec sighs pouring me a glass of tea. I gently take it from his hands. "Let me tell you a story." I nod my head at him. "William Herondale. He love Tessa with all his heart but he couldn't have her."

"Why?" I ask curiously.

"Honey bunch, shut up so I can tell you." He says making me smile. "He believed he had been cursed when he was younger. When he could finally have her she got engaged to his parabatai."

"What is the point of telling me this?"

"So you don't make the same mistake he did." He sighs and grabs my hand. "Break your curse and go get lover boy."

Suddenly Luke begins to groan again and Magnus launches up from his seat. He rushes over to him and uses his magic to take the pain away.

"What should I do?" Clary asks after waking up.

"We need to finish the potion. Add Komodo and then add the rest when the boys get here." As Magnus starts to lose his energy Alec runs in and grabs his hand. I look away from Alec and towards the groaning luke. Clary adds the herb right as the boys walk through the door. Quickly they hand Clary the rest of the ingredients and she puts them and stirs. She rushes over to luke and makes him drink the potion. Immediately he wakes up and looks at Clary. Alec tries to put a comforting hand on my shoulder but I shake it off. I look away from luke and up at jace to see him already staring at me with a confused look.
————————————————————————
I couldn't deal with being in the same room with luke and Alec so for the last ten minutes I'd been sitting on the balcony. Quietly I hear the door slide open. Someone steps out but I don't bother to turn around.

"You okay?" I hear jace ask as he leans against the railing over looking the city. I shake my head no at him. I get up from my seat and walk over to the railing next to him so we can be quiet.

"Have I ever told you how much i dislike Alec's parents?" I ask him as I look out at all the lights. Out of the corner of my eye I see him give me a strange look. I turn to him and sigh. "I'm sure this isn't gonna come as much of a surprise for you but I like Alec."

"That's great!" He smiles at me and it almost makes me smile. Almost. "Why are you so sad and why are you telling me this and not Alec?"

"It's not my place to tell you but his parents are going to make him marry and I can't tell him how I feel because it wouldn't be fair to either one of us." He gives me a confused look so I go to explain. "It wouldn't be fair for him to know that I'm so in love with him when he has to marry someone else because then there's a chance that he'll never be able to love the person he's gonna marry."

"Aurora, with you becoming Izzy's parabatai you are just as much part of this family as the rest of us and I want you to be happy." He pulls me in for a hug and whispers in my ear. "if Alec makes you happy be selfish and tell him."