Check Mate

By alwayswrite1998

"Look can you just reject me so we can get on with our lives?" I begged. He quirked his head to the side and... More

Prolouge
No chance
Check Mate
Compromises
Broken
Committion
Promise
Holiday
Midnight walk
Protection
The Steel Box
My heart's a hurricane
Want me
Fear and Shaving Cream
Sandwich Brain
And We Run
Nice rock
Break it to Make it
Finally

Sit Down Pup

838 18 2
By alwayswrite1998

Everyone knows first days of school suck. Everyone hates their classes because they hardly know anyone in them, you are super quiet because you're all nervous and uncomfortable and you have no idea if any of your teachers are chill or not because you've never had them.

This is what was occupying my thoughts as I was getting ready for school. I loosely curled my hair and teased it giving it some volume. I then slipped on a white top that showed off my cleavage. I groaned. Nothing I put on could ever hide these things! I then added a floral skirt that reached my midthigh and  my dark brown faux leather ankle boots. I walked across the hall to my bathroom and applied some brown eyeshadow to keep it natural and some mascara. I then added a little bit of blush and my favorite lip gloss. Satisfied with myself I went back into my room and began to pack my shoulder bag.

I grabbed a notebook, writing utensils, my planner, my binder, and my book that I am currently reading. I threw it all in my bag, hoisted the thing over my shoulder, and made my way downstairs-stopping to grab my iphone and headphones.

My mom was cooking breakfast in her cute little apron humming a tune. I walked up to her and hugged her from behind.

"Morning hun." She said.

"Morning momma. What's for breakfast?" I asked hopping up on the counter and swinging my legs in the air. I was such a child.

"Omlettes. I made yours with green peppers, bacon, cheese, red peppers, and spinach. You okay with that?" She asked occasionally glancing up at me from the pan she had an omlette in.

I nodded. She handed me a plate with mine on it and I began to eat it. My wolf started to get nervous when she realized we'd be leaving for school soon. I started to freak. I set the plate down.

"You alright hun?" She asked noticing my lack of an appetite.

"Fine just nervous I guess." I said getting down from the counter and getting some water from the fridge.

"What are you nervous about?" She asked putting her omlette on her plate and beginning to eat.

"Not knowing anyone in my classes, Chase. Stuff like that." I said leaning against the counter for support.

"Hun you make friends fast and Chase is just a dick don't worry about him."

I almost choked on my water, "What? Mom you talk dirty?" I started to laugh.

"I was a teenager once to you know." She said picking up my plate, "Are you going to eat this?"

When I shook my head she walked to the back door and gave my food to our grateful dog Rosco. Rosco was a husky and we always called him our 'little wolf' haha get it? Cuz we're wolves? And he looks like a wolf? no? ok.

She came back to the sink and began washing the plate, "You better move your tush and get to school, your lunch is in the fridge."

I grabbed my lunch, set it in my bag, hugged my mom, grabbed my keys and walked outside.

"Good luck!" I heard her yell right before the door shut. I wish I could've seen my dad. I knew he was at work but he always had a way of making me feel better.

I walked over to my black truck. It was a beauty. Our family is rich and I'm an only child so I got a car. I hopped in, put my bag in the passenger seat, and started the car. I turned the station to hip hop and listened to 'na na' by trey songz while I drove the five minutes to school.

I parked in my usual spot and put on my shades before getting out of the car with my bag. Guys were staring at me like usual and I just smiled as I made my way to the front of the school. I waited in the long line for my schedule listening to my music the whole way.

My schedule seemed alright

Ist-Algebra 2 Mrs. Pierce

2nd period-Astronomy with Mrs. Kelly

3rd period-Art  with Mr. Smith

4th period-English with Mr. Newman

Lunch

6th period-US history with Mrs. Reau

7th period-French 3 with Mr. Nouveau

8th period-Free block

Wahoo! I had free block last block I could go home an hour early! I then laughed at the French teachers' name. His name ment 'new' in French. I shook my head and began walking through the quad.

"Ellie!" I heard. I turned and was immediately squished by the softness that is Emma. I smiled and hugged her back before we began analyzing if we had any classes this year.

"YES!" We both yelled. We had 1st, 4th, lunch (duh), and 7th period together. I immediately began looking for Damien and Emma began looking for whoever her current boy toy was.

Someone covered my eyes and said, "looking for me?" I knew it was Damien by his voice. I smiled.

"Well that depends, are you hot?" I asked.

"Yes." He answered. I laughed.

"Are you an amazing kisser?"

"exceptional." he continued.

"Are you conceited?" I asked.

"It's one of my greatest strengths babe." He said before removing his hands and kissing me softly. I looked around for Emma but couldn't find her. I shrugged and walked with Damien to our spot. We sat against the far wall of the school and looked at our schedules together. We had Art together but that was it.

"I feel like you only took art so that you'd have a class with me." I said looking at him.

"Well you'd be right babe." He said kissing my cheek.

"Damien!" I said shoving him, "What if you fail?"

"I won't, everyone knows Mr. Smith is easy and he loves me." He said pulling me into his lap. The butterflies in my stomach were going crazy.

"ok." I said leaning up against him and giving him a peck.

BINNNNNNNNNGGG!

I groaned, "So hell begins." I said getting up and pulling Damien up. He grabbed my hand and began walking me to my class. We stopped a couple feet away from my class and Damien wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed me. I smiled against his mouth which made him smile.

He seperated our mouths and whispered, "You know we could just ditch and go somewhere..." He began traveling his hands down my back side to resting on my right cheek. I shivered at his touch.

"hmm tempting but that's after school hun." I said giving him one quick peck and then walking to class.

First and second period passed by uneventful. Art was when stuff began.

Damien and I walked into class together and sat together. Mr. Smith was one of those chill teachers everyone loved  and so we knew he wouldn't have a seating chart. Damien laid his hand where my skirt ended and my leg began. I stared at him and he threw an innocent look back at me. However I didn't want him to move his hand and he didn't.

"oh look it's the pup and his bitch." I heard from behind me, I stood ready to fight until I saw it was Chase. 

That only stopped me for a second, I checked to make sure Mr. Smith wasn't in and then I grabbed his ear, twisted him around and slammed his face against the desk. 

"Ow! What the hell! Since when can you fight?" He said muffled against the desk. 

I didn't grace him with an answer. I twisted his arm more and heard him groan in pain. 

I put my face next to him and whispered, "Who's the pup now?" He shivered and I let him go disgusted in him.I couldn't believe that I used to love this dude. So pathetic.

I stood and everyone was staring at me. I courtesied and sat down back next to Damien.

"You're so damn sexy." He said kissing my neck quickly.

I winked, "All in a day's work babe."  

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fourth period was English, needless to say it was an easy day. I made my way to our lunch table with Emma and we sat and waited for the others to arrive.

"Damn girl, I heard you totally whooped Chase's ass in third." A guy named Rick said.

"Forreal," another started, "What happened?"

I swallowed some food and said, "He called me a bitch and Damien a pup so I just showed him who the the real pup is."

"Damn!" They shouted, "You got balls babe. Attacking the future Beta of the pack. I salute you." Rick said jokingly saluting me. Emma and I laughed at his facial expressions.

"Well she's gunna be the Luna anyway soo..." One pointed out.

"True. True. " they agreed.

"What's true?" Damien asked sitting down beside me and slinging his arm over my shoulder.

"Everyone knows about Ellie's little fight in third period." Emma explained.

"Oh you mean when my baby totally kicked ass?!" Damien said standing up and smacking palms with Rick across the table.

Everyone then got quiet because then Chase and his band showed up. My wolf growled immediately and he must have heard it because he turned and looked at me. His eyes became slits and he opened his mouth to speak but Damien beat him to it.

"Unless you want a repeat of this morning, I would put a muzzle on it." He finished causing everyone to snicker.

Chase glared at me before sitting down at the other end of the table. My wolf and I still didn't like him sitting there but there was no way that I was going to submit to him and leave.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once seventh period was over I walked to my car happy that the day was done. I hardly had any homework except for a few papers that my parents had to sign and a bit of algebra review.

I was walking through the quad when I was slammed into a wall by a body that was definitely not Damiens'. This one was much bigger and more muscular.

"You made me look weak today." Chase hissed at me.

"You brought that on yourself big boy." I said searching for his weak point. He had everything pinned against the wall except for my right leg. Maybe if I aim left enough....

"I didn't want to hurt you." He countered.

I began to laugh, "If you're going to lie, at least make it believeable and original."

"I didn't know you could fight like that. If I had known you would have never gotten the upper hand." He finished looking at me intently.

"That's why you must always expect the unexpected." I answered and before he could think I thrust my leg as hard as I could, hearing an unpleasant sound as it came in contact with his unit. He then cringed allowing me enough space to wiggle my arm free and punch him in the gut which sent him to the floor.

I knelt down beside him and said, "If you are going to be my Beta then you better learn how to fight and fast."

I then walked out to my car and happily drove away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I heard a knock at the door and immediately knew it was Damien. I quickly answered it and smiled at just seeing his face. I wish he was my mate.

"Hi." He whispered hugging me.

"Hi." I answered back shutting the door behind us.

I grabbed his hand and led him out into the backyard where I began to run. He knew exactly what to do then. We split up so that we could shift in different spots. I went to the right-him to the left. I shifted and waited for his beautiful gray wolf to emerge and then we both started to run together with our clothes between our teeth. I loved this feeling. The wind through my hair, all the smells that I can take in, every sound as clear as a crack of thunder. It's exhilirating.

We reached our meeting spot, only to split up again and shift back. We then sat by the creek and began to talk as we always did.

I sat in between his legs and leaned up against him, intertwining our fingers and just loving the feeling of being with him.

"What's going to happen when we find our mates?" He bluntly stated looking down at me.

"Damien we could be-" I began.

"Yeah but Elle those odds aren't very high. No matter how much we wish it, it might not happen."

I hung my head in shame, "If I was your mate, would you reject me?" I asked tears beginning to brim my eyes.

"Are you kidding me? No! That would just make everything perfect Elle. I didn't mean to make you feel that way I'm so sorry." He said holding me close and rocking me back and forth. 

"I guess if we aren't then we go our seperate ways as friends." I said becoming really sad at the thought. 

"I don't know if I could do that." Damien said. 

"Damien you know that once a wolf finds his/her mate-" 

"-Every other he/she wolf becomes insignificant yes I know babe. I know what the book says but I want you." He said whispering the last bit as he took my face in his hands and stared at me. 

"You have me now. Can that be good enough?" I asked running my fingers through his hair.

"Whether it is or not, it's all I can get right now isn't it?" He asked his eyes starting to water. I nodded.

With that Damien kissed me. He held me in his arms and traced his fingers along my face as I tangled my fingers in his brown hair. His tongue begged for entrance and I let him in without a seconds hesitation. He twirled his tongue with mine and he groaned completely turning me on.

He gently laid me on the forest floor and got on top of me-giving me time to breathe. We quickly resumed and Damien began biting my lower lip and grabbing my butt-hard. I gasped and tightened as our make-out session continued.

However there was a point where I would tell him to stop and he would stop. Then we would shift back and go back to the house, where we would either: watch a movie, talk, or he would leave. This time he decided to leave.

On his way out he said to me, "Elle you're birthday is next week. If it's not me, then whoever it is-he's a lucky guy."

I smiled and shut the door begging and pleading for my mate to be Damien.

OOOh she a fighter! And a makeout session all in one chapter? It must be Christmas. jk ;) anyway picture of Damien to your right!>>>>>>>>>>>> I have no idea who this guy is but I saw a picture, thought he fit the bill et Voila! Also I have the link to what song Ellie was jamming out to on her way to school so you guys came jam out to. (Ain't I thoughtful?)  Alright so you guys tell me what you think of the book and Yeah! BYEEEEEEE

~S

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.7K 191 6
"I don't know who I am anymore," I whispered, staring into the distance sadly. I was fed up with feeling like this. I was like a lost puppy who could...
2M 48.2K 26
I stopped running as i entered a clearing, sitting back on my haunches when suddenly i smelled the most amazing scent. "MATE" my wolf screamed at me...
766K 17.7K 22
"I Logan Smith, reject you Emily West.", I try to smile. "I Emily West accept your rejection.", I try to say in the most cheerful voice, even though...
60.6K 797 9
"You can fight me all you want, Grace, but you can't ignore what you feel for me forever. If neither of us reject each other the bond only grows stro...