Messy Romance

By hanlovestowrite26

This character is from this book: HIS BROKEN SOUL. You don't have to read that one to understand this one. ... More

Intro!
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22

Chapter 20

1.4K 125 10
By hanlovestowrite26

What's up guys! Thank you so much for reading! It means a lot when you guys express your thoughts and vote!

Remember to tell me what you think at the end.

Adios!

*****
ZACH POV:

I started cussing profusely under my breath as I left my dads office. I've said every bad word I knew. I glared at everyone that passed by as I made my way to the out the building. I needed to breath. My fathers words really affected me.

"Well is there someone else you that you want to marry?!" My father yelled.

I thought about Amira. She was someone constantly on my mind but I couldn't admit that to my father. He'd immediately fire her and could possibly blame her despite her actually doing her job and me being the one to always distract her.

"No." I sighed.

My assistant followed closely. So close that after I spun around to say something, we slammed into each other. My anger shot through the roof. I grabbed him by the collar and walked him a few feet away from where I was heading.

"Stay here." I wagged my finger. "Don't follow me despite what my dad says."

My nervous assistant nodded quickly looking away.

Before he could do anymore I quickly dashed and pressed the nearby elevator door to open. I got in and closed the door before he ran after me with panic.

I chuckled smugly before the door finally shut.
*****

As soon as I stepped outside the New York sunshine hit my face softly. It wasn't anything compared to Cali sun but it did the job.

I took a deep breath and watched the people run around and do their business.

But suddenly out of the corner of my eye I catch a familiar glimpse. I turn to look and see two people coming out of a taxi. It was Amira and a brown haired tall man.

I scratched my head. Why was she with him?

Right before he got back into the taxi, Amira jumped in for a hug in his arms.

All of a sudden a unpleasant feeling washes over me and fire starts to ignite in my chest. I bit the inner side of my cheek as I watched them carefully.

How badly I wanted to walk over there and drag him across New York City and send him back to where he came from.

Also the fact that Amira accepted it wholly made me want to rip his throat out.

I felt slightly betrayed and hurt, I'll admit. Amira wouldn't touch me like that. She's too careful around me despite we had kissed twice. She always made me feel like I was nothing to her.

Maybe I was?

I felt a sudden rush of unhappiness and a crushing feeling washed over me and my shoulders slouched. Could it be she really doesn't want me at all?

I narrowed my eyes at them as the guy waved goodbye and headed into the Taxi.

A spark of annoyance built up inside of me as I saw Amira smiling happily at the taxi leaving. Jealousy couldn't describe how I felt exactly. I needed a more intense word. Did she think I wouldn't see this?

I then started thinking about what my father had said and honestly it was starting to sound like a good idea. Maybe I should just get married and forget about Amira. I wasn't completely sure but I now was adamant on going on the date my dad had set up for tomorrow. Maybe I'll marry her and I'll finally forget about Amira.

If Amira didn't want me that bad, someone else will.

*****

AMIRA POV:

I waved bye to Tyler and turned on my heel to go back to the company. I knew Zach was probably waiting for me in his office spinning around and around in his large office chair.

I was going to go home but I was also worried that Zach's father had yelled at him again and maybe he needed me to help him keep it professional.

Once I reached his office I oddly found it quite. His assistant wasn't standing at door nervously and his secretary was gone.

I hesitated but I turned the knob on the door and pushed it open. To my surprise Zach's large office was exactly how I left it. There was nobody in here. I called out his name a couple of times but nothing.

I walked out of his office and walked up to the front desk of the floor and asked where Zach was.

"Oh he left. Did he not let you know?" The female front desk clerk looked at me oddly. I guess everyone knew how close me and Zach have become.

I looked at my nails. "I guess not." I sighed. "Did he say where he was going?"

The girl shook her head. "No. Do you want his number?"

I looked around. "No thanks." I smiled and walked away. I had Zach's number but by the looks of it He seemed like he wanted to be left alone.

I decided that I had nothing else to do except go home.

*****

Next morning I got a surprising call that Zach wouldn't be in and I didn't need to go to work.

I, at this point, started wondering what was going on. Ever since I came back from the lunch with Tyler, I haven't seen or heard of Zach.

Usually he's always making excuses to see me.

Did I miss him?

My heart fluttered at the thought of him close to me.

I sighed. I guess I should just go grab lunch at this point. It was already almost one in the afternoon.

I put on new grey sweats and a cropped red sweater. I undid my hair that was once held up in a tight sleek ponytail, replaced the matte nude lipstick with a pink gloss on my lips and ran out the door. I guess I could also explore the city a little bit since I had on sneakers instead of my uncomfortable heels I wore everyday.

*****

Once I finished sightseeing I went to pick up my food I had ordered from the fancy restaurant that had just opened nearby.

I was too lazy to sit in so I called ahead and asked for takeout.

As soon as I walked into the large upscale restaurant, I noticed the very quite but busy atmosphere. There were business suits everywhere.

I guess it was already an executive favorite.

I walk up to the front and tell them my name.

"Yeah sure, hold on a sec." The petite lady smiled and I nodded.

As I was waiting I did a quick scan of the beautiful interior design of the restaurant. I also focused on the people when something suddenly caught my eye. I gasped.

Zach!

And a girl?

A very pretty girl?

He was leaning in telling her something very closely in her ear and she covered her mouth and giggled.

I felt something push against my chest. It was like it was closing up on me slowly. I closed my eye for. A brief second but I quickly opened them. He continued on and That wasn't the worst thing though. He had the audacity to slowly reach for her hand and hold it and boy did she madly blush and smile.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

814 88 14
Angelo finds his dream guy but how hard is it going to be to be together. Excerpt: "Ouch." I focus beyond my sister at the really cute, strike that m...
1.5M 42.2K 57
(WARNING: This is my first story btw. Some parts may be cringe or toxic, but I don't feel like changing anything) I watched as he frustratingly ran h...
223K 13.6K 54
"How dare you? Ariana, how dare you?" I could feel the anger from his heart radiate through his ears. the tears that kept rolling down my cheeks wer...
140K 1.2K 8
"Now, Gary. I understand that you're twenty-four. But I need you to train in restraining your sexual desire, you're not a horny teenager. So, we will...