Tough Love

By Kirya_isawesome

Alexis is a high schooler with typical problems. Boys, mean girls, etc. She has a best friend named Hayden wh... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Authors note
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26

Chapter 15

1.1K 76 110
By Kirya_isawesome

(Once I figure out how to upload gifs into this book from my phone this book is gonna be lit)

(I thought I owed you guys a long ass chapter since I been gone for a while. As always Please please please pleaseeee Vote and Comment! 💕)

(Blaze)

After our fun evening out playing games and eating, I dropped Alexis back off at her house. But to my surprise she invited me inside since her dad wasn't home yet.

Having a friend like Alexis was great, she liked pretty much everything I did and never made me feel bad, and it low key felt like I was chillin with one of the guys to be completely honest.

She got out her key and unlocked the door front door and held it open for me to come inside.

I gave a small nod for her holding the door open and walked inside. She just took off her jacket and plopped onto the couch tiredly.

"You tired from all that winnin'?" I asked her smiling a little bit. She just giggled a bit.

"No..and anyways you're the only one who won so I didn't win." She replies back. She was correct though. Nobody could beat me at dancing. Maybe Cole but he wouldn't dance in front of anybody. He's too much of a sissy and scared people will talk about him.

"You're right." I shrugged sitting down on the couch right next to her. She was on her phone I guess checking through social media.

"You got Instagram?" I asked her. She nodded not taking her eyes off of her phone.

"Add me. @BlazeAofficial." I responded. But she just gave me a weird look and sat up a bit. I waited for a notification from her to say she started following me but it never came up.

Suddenly after a few seconds it said she had followed me. I just went about unlocking my phone and going through her Instagram.

"You take some nice pictures. Maybe I could be your new photographer or something." I enjoyed taking pictures of stuff. I don't post too many selfies but if I do it's because it was shot with a professional camera by a friend or something. Some selfies are on there but I like to keep my page clean looking.

"Oh. Really? You're into that kind of stuff?" She asked sitting up. She looked over at me then back at her phone.

"I mean yeah. It's a form of art and I like art so..I like taking pictures. I'm starting to get into editing photos because I've made cool designs and a few people have seen my posts and actually let me draw up their tattoo ideas for them." I'm obviously a huge fan of tattoos. And I feel honored when people ask me to create a design for them.

"So have you designed your own tats?" She asked putting away her phone.

"Uh somewhat. I mean for the most part yeah I've sketched out what I wanted and I had my guy tat it up for me. But I trust my tattoo guy. Me and him go way back and he's added some of his art on here too."  I explained.

"See the skull on my arm right here? It was my idea for just the flames because of my name..but he decided adding some skulls would be different and cool. I mean it fit well with everything but I was surprised it fit perfectly when we got done." I rolled up my right sleeve a little bit to reveal the rest of the tattoo.

(Blaze's tattoo)

She grabbed my arm turning it around and stuff looking at it from all different angles.

"I like it. It looks pretty awesome...but what's with the horns?" She asked. I could tell she didn't wanna say it offensively and I know she didn't mean to. I'm not offended at all but I can't just tell her the reason.

"I um..it was his idea. I just went along with it. There's nothing much to it to be honest." I was lying. There's a ton of stuff to it. Even the flame tattoos had a meaning. It was meant to symbolize my powers.

"Ohh right. Well I've thought about getting a tattoo but it's really just not my thing to be honest." She shrugged sitting back onto the couch.

"Are you scared of needles? That's what most girls are usually scared of." I was just assuming but maybe it was some other reason why.

"Well that and I just don't know what I would want. I don't want a tattoo of a bird and when I'm 40 it ends up being a meaningless tattoo just to say I got one." She explained. Which is reasonable. But my tattoos are definitely here to stay and they all have a meaning.

—————

Alexis and I have been chilling at her house for a couple of hours now. Her dad hasn't come home yet. I guess he has work or something.

"So are you excited for Christmas? Do you get to see your family?" I asked her as I took a sip of the hot chocolate she fixed.

"Umm not too thrilled. I gotta see my mom and my step dad ish..i mean if I can manage through dinner and stay on my phone the rest of the time. I think I'll be okay. How about you? Didn't you mention something about your dad earlier?" I slowly put down my cup and just shrugged.

"Yeah...he is gonna work my nerves." My dad always comes around and it's not to see if we're okay or nothing. It's to see which son is progressing better in being evil.

When we left our old town a while back, I was definitely on my dad's top list of favorites, but he's noticed I've been acting calmer and Cole's snitch ass always reports whatever is going on.

"Oh. Do you guys not get along?" She asked playing with the strings on her hoodie.

"Uh no..I mean he's my dad. I love the guy but it's just a family issue I go through with him. You wouldn't understand and it just takes too long to get into." I took another sip of my hot chocolate before getting up out of my seat.

"I had fun tonight. And thanks for the hot chocolate but I'm gonna head out." Before she could say anything I walked out of her kitchen and left going to my car.

——————
I stopped at the gas station to fill up my car for a brief moment. But just the thought of seeing my dad soon bothers me. He makes my whole mood change and it just annoys me. Cole isn't any better. I can only name about 2 times when me and Cole got a long. Besides that we've always had some mental war with each other.

I heard the thing click, signaling me that my gas tank was full and I could release the pump. I carefully placed the pump into the holder and closed the cap and got into my car.

I was about to drive off when I seen a group of girls walking into the gas station. I wasn't really caring or anything but there was a guy with one of the girls and he took her to the side. She was wearing a short dress with some jacket and he kept trying to hug on her.

I didn't get a good look of the girl but I got a good look of the guy. He was kinda tall, light skin and had some dreads. It looked like he was tryna to apologize but she wasn't having it.

She eventually pushed him away and headed inside the gas station. He didn't seem to happy but he then followed her inside.

I checked my eyes in my rear view mirror and noticed they were starting to turn orange again. I sighed and just closed them for a second.

They only get like that when there's evil around. Normally I would help someone if there's evil, but lately I just been trying to ignore things or help. What that dude was doing was wrong, but luckily the problem got resolved so I didn't have to intervene.

—————
I pulled into the garage and just turned my car off. I then took a look into my mirror quickly before exiting the vehicle.

I'm not gonna lie, today was a good day. I hung out with Alexis, we talked a little bit, and played games. I wasn't sure if I was ever gonna make any friends when we moved here, but I did and I'm so happy. Honestly nothing could break my happy streak now.

————
I headed inside and saw my mom on the couch reading her book.

"Hey ma." I bent down and kissed her cheek. She just sighed and gave me a look.

"You good?" I asked her a little confused. That's when I heard footsteps and looked to see who appeared in front of me.

"So I can't get a hello?..." He said with a smirk and his hands reaching out a little bit. As if I was gonna give him a hug.

"Dad?"....

——————
(Christmas Day)

(Alexis)

It's been a few days since I heard from Blaze. I figured after we talked about his dad he wasn't gonna be too happy. I hope I didn't startled him or scare him away permanently. He was beginning to be a good friend of mine honestly. Hayden's disappeared off the face of the earth with whoever she's with now.

She'll text me and stuff but I can tell I'm not her too priority anymore. Which is fine, I'm happy for my girl, but she should know when to separate boyfriend and girlfriend.

Eventually I've came to the conclusion that both Blaze and Hayden are just busy with families over the holidays which is okay but damn I can't even get a text?

Luckily the awkward dinner hasn't begun yet but I was dreading every second of it. I love my mom but just sitting and talking to her can be awkward. I'm more close to my dad and he doesn't bother me as much and gives me space my mom on the other hand is always in my business since I don't live with her, and my step dad...he just puts the icing on the cake.

He's an okay dude but his presence can just irritate me. He tries to be cool and act like a dad and I'm just not intrigued by any of it. Let's just be honest, any dad jokes can be annoying and when you're trying to tell dad jokes to a teenager just makes shit 10x as bad.

—————
I scrolled through my Instagram and decided to lurk a little bit. Blaze's Page was full of artwork and amazing selfies of course. I smirked to myself as I kept scrolling all the way through his pics.

I couldn't help but noticed in most of his pictures he's wearing some sort of necklace. It looked like an orange crystal of some sort, but either way it looked dope.

Everything about Blaze is awesome, his personality, the way he dresses, how he acts, he's just pretty cool. I just hate that me and Cole got off to a bad. I wonder if me and Cole would've been as close as I am with Blaze. Only God knows, but whatever happens can only be good things. I got a good feeling good things are about to happen around here!

——————
(Cole)

The only thing you could hear in the room was the clinking of forks hitting the plates and occasionally people chewing their food.

The tension has been hot as hell in here. Blaze and dad almost got into it the other night and dad wasn't to thrilled. I was excited dad was here! Me and him chilled while Blaze was out with that one girl. But when he came home shit hit the fan.

I just shoved another mouthful of peas mixed with potatoes into my mouth and chewed slowly. Not gonna lie, it was just awkward at this point, but I didn't wanna break the silence because I'm not the one who started shit. That was all Blaze, as usual might I add. Everything was cool til he walked through the door, he should've known dad would be here.

I glanced up at him every now and then and I could see he kept his eyes closed every now and then. But when he opened them they would be glowing a small hue of orange. I smirked to myself knowing he couldn't hold in his anger, and earlier I heard him rummaging through his room, probably looking for the necklace, that I have. But that'll teach him to fuck with me. I'm fuckin tired of his shit and his bitchin. All he does is fuck shit up, so now I'm gonna give him what he wants, and he's only one false move away from dad doing something terrible to him and you bet your ass I can't wait to see it happen.

"So Blaze how is school? Are you making friends?" My father asked him. But before Blaze could speak I decided to give my dad some information, and the correct information at that.

"He's a nerd as always. But he's been hanging around some girl lately." I mentioned. Blaze shot a look at me and I just smirked.

"You know what's the best thing about twins?" My dad asked. I shrugged and decided to answer.

"No..what?" I honestly didn't know what else to say.

"You can't tell them apart, but you can name them different names. So when you call one by the other name the other won't answer. So with that being said, when I ask BLAZE a question, COLE shouldn't answer." He spat. My smirk slowly faded away off my face and i sunk back into my seat kissing my teeth.

He ain't have to be a dick about it. I just rolled my eyes and played around with the peas on my plate.

"So again, Blaze..how is school and are you making friends?" He asked leaning a little bit closer to the table.

Blaze just sighed hard and sat up fixing his hood over his head.

"It's decent and I haven't been making any friends." He said not making any eye contact. He just looked down and kept staring at his food.

"Yeah you did. What about that one girl you been hanging out with lately?" I mentioned once again.

"What Girl?" He asked now looking at me. His eyes were now glowing orange at this point. Oh I hope this nigga tries something with me.

"That Girl you've been seeing and spending nights over at her house." I said sitting up not breaking any eye contact with him.

He just gave me a look before looking back down at his food. That's what I thought. He most definitely doesn't wanna try me he knows i could beat his ass right here. I don't care if our parents are watching.

"I haven't hung out with any girl since we moved here. I go to the gym and shoot some hoops and that's it." He said before eating a little bit of his food.

I could tell by my mom's body language she was uncomfortable at the time. But I mean she goes through this almost every day with us.

"Why are you lying!? You know exactly who I'm talking about. That girl who fucked up my shoes. Don't play stupid." I said raising my voice a little bit.

He shifted in his seat a little but I glanced at my dad and he had his elbows rested on the table and his hands folded by his mouth, but I could still see a little smirk on his face. He just loves when we fight, but I'm trying to figure out why he's lying.

"Mind your business." He mumbled before taking a sip of his milk and going back to eating.

"Hell nah. Why the fuck are you playing dumb. You act like I ain't been noticing you hanging around th-." My dad raised his hand up signaling that was enough.

I leaned back into my seat and just rolled my eyes.

"Blaze is this true? You've been seeing a girl..?" My dad asked looking at Blaze. But he just stayed silent for a moment before speaking.

"What's it to you? Whether I am or am not seeing someone or not." He spat back surprisingly. Everyone was shocked for a bit. It's normal for Blaze to be a bit upset with our dad and throw shady remarks but not full on comebacks.

My dad just chuckled and I saw red flash over his eyes for a second. Uh oh!

"No need to be hostile about it, just simply asking a question." He took a sip of his wine before continuing.

"But that does remind me about something. in my particular working field..I work with all types of people as you may know. Sometimes thieves, sometimes killers, Hell sometimes dictators. You never who you're gonna meet at my job." He said with a slight smile.

I don't know where he was going with this but it couldn't be good. I could tell by how his body language was, I almost regret starting shit to begin with.

"But there is one thing I've worked with and you know what that is Blaze?" He asked staring at him at this point. Blaze just refused for the life of him to look up at our dad. I was scared a little bit not gonna lie.

I could see the red in my dad's eyes starting to glow a little bit more. My mom just simply ate away at her salad and tried to relax.

"No. I don't know." Blaze said smartly. My dad just chuckled a little bit to himself.

"LIARS!" He said slamming his fist down on the table. We all jumped in our seats. Except Blaze. He looked up at my dad and his eyes were glowing orange at this point while my dad's eyes were glowing red.

They had a good 5 second stare before Blaze got up, pushing his chair back, making it cause that squeaky noise. My dad stood up also and looked at Blaze.

"So there is a girl you've been seeing! Why are you so defensive about her?! Is she special to you or something?" My dad asked shooting out questions left and right. But suddenly my mom spoke up.

"Blaze where is your necklace?" She finally broke the tension that was building up since dad stepped in the door.

She faintly touched around her neck area still wondering where Blaze's necklace was. My dad looked around his neck area then looked around my neck area. I don't know exactly what he was trying to figure out but I hope he didn't figure out my plan.

His eyes went back to normal, meanwhile Blaze just stood there throwing his hood up and sitting back into his seat.

"I took it off....and i lost it." He mumbled the last part but I heard what he said. He didn't lose it, I have it and he's not getting it back.

"You took it off and what?" My mom asked nicely.

"I lost it. I don't know what happened. I just can't find it but it's in this house." He said positively.

My dad sighed hard through his nose before sitting back into his seat and adjusting his shirt. He was still a bit hyped up I could tell, but he wasn't as mad as he was.

"Good going idiot. You can't just cop those necklaces at a Kay jewelers. You better hope you find that shit." I told him. But I was lowkey smirking to myself on the inside.

"Obviously." He said rolling his eyes. He just shook his head.

"Maybe that's why he had got defensive. Did you ever think about that Damien?" My mom said to my dad. He just rolled his eyes slightly.

"I assume that could be possibly be a reason." He said before glancing at me.

Great. Of course mom had to come to his fucking rescue and save his dumbass. But why the hell is even trying to deny he's seeing that girl. Maybe he isn't hanging out with her?....no no he is. I know it. Maybe he likes her. That's the only possibility. I'm going to find out an answer soon though.

————
To say the least dinner was very interesting, I can't believe it even got that out of control but it did.

I laid back into my bed and just went on my phone for a bit. I know for fact something is going on between Blaze and Alexis, but honestly I was sorta focused on this one girl I met.

I let her sleep over a few times and she almost got caught by Blaze one morning but thankfully she didn't. I've been trying to keep whatever we have on the low, I don't need anyone fucking up my plan. I'm a mastermind when it comes to making up plans and making it my business to know everything. So far I'm not getting much, but good things come to those who wait.

—————
(Blaze)

All I'm going to say is that tonight's dinner was literally hell. Just when I thought shit was going right. It all went down hill, I lost my necklace which is the most important part.

I thought I could control my powers on my own without the help of the necklace but I haven't been able to. I laid back onto my bed putting a pillow over my face for a bit. I just can't believe how bad this night ended. I wasn't expecting my dad to fucking spazz out like that and Cole to start shit...I lied. I did expect Cole to start shit cause that's all he does is start shit.

Maybe, just maybe while Cole is sleeping I should just set his ass on fire and wait til he's complete ash and call it a day. But I already know how much shit that would cause and all the hell that would be left me for to deal with. Honestly I wish I could go over to Alexis's house right now and drink some hot chocolate and talk again like we did a few days ago.

But instead I'm at this this stupid ass house with these stupid ass people, excluding my mother of course. God I wish dad could be more like mom. She's such a nice beautiful angel and my dad is the whole devil. I just can't understand what my mom seen in him for her to want to be with him and love him. I guess once she got pregnant with us she fell more in love with the fact that she was gonna have a family more than anything.

Well that didn't work out too well either.

I sighed removing the pillow away from my face and reached over and grabbed my phone from the nightstand and shot a quick text to Alexis saying hey. I honestly didn't feel like going into detail as to why I ignored her a few days. But when we meet up I'll tell her..maybe. I doubt it. I almost feel like I could trust Alexis but then again I don't know now. I mean I don't think she would run off and tell my secrets to the world, but it's just some stuff she probably wont accept about me and I'm not ready to be judged and lose a friend.

————
(Alexis)

I managed to skip through the awkward dinner stage with my mom and step mom and make it into bed. The gifts I got this Christmas were good at least. A few new phone cases, a gift card to H&M and Forever 21, I was happy to say the least.

I was even more thrilled to see I had a notification and it was from Blaze. I actually liked seeing his picture in the little contact icon now. I never really saved pictures for contacts but I'm glad I did with him because it's cute and it's like I get to see him every single day.

Texting him back a simple what's up, I decided to shoot Hayden a message as well. I guess I do enjoy the peace and silence between both of them and I can actually enjoy my break. But it would be good to at least know they're thinking about me.

Hopefully Blaze and I can hang out again soon. We have about another whole week of break left and now that Christmas is over New Years is coming up, I was hoping to spend New Years with Blaze but again he's not my boyfriend or anything so if he has other plans that's cool too. I'll just watch the count down on tv or something.

—————
A continuous buzzing noise retired me from my sleep. I was groggy and still half sleep to say the least when I checked my phone.

Big mistake, the light blinded me at first sight and I could barely keep focus. But I decided to answer whoever it was that was calling me.

"H-hello?" I asked tiredly. Whoever answered on the other side was going to automatically make my hate list for calling this late.

"Heyyyy are you sleep?!" The voice said on the other line. Hayden..

"Hayden? Are you really asking me that right now? It's almost 3 am." I said but I didn't mean to sound rude, but my god does the girl ever look at the time.

"Ohh I'm sorry Lex. It's just I know me and you stay up this late talking. But I wanted to talk to you about the guy I'm dating." I sighed and just sat up rubbing my eyes a little bit.

"What about him? Is he hurting you or something?" I asked her with concern. I mean if it was serious I was gonna listen to hear what she had to say.

"No..not in a bad way if you know what I mean." She giggled into the phone a bit. I rolled my eyes playfully. That was a little bit tmi at this time of night.

"Well good to hear you're getting it good." I joked with her. "But is there for real anything bad going on. You know you can let me know." I added.

"No Lex. That's the thing! He's perfect. He's nice, tall, cute, sweet. He makes me feel good and I really like him you know?" I could hear it in her voice that she really does like this guy.

"He sounds like a great guy. You have my blessing." I didn't know what else to say honestly but I was curious to meet this dude.

"Thanks..but the thing is I feel kind of guilty dating him..."she trailed off. I don't know what she meant by that but maybe because she moved so fast with him or that she was avoiding me.

"Look if you like him that's all that matters. And I already know what you're trying to say and it's okay. It doesn't bother me at all, I know exactly what's going on and I'm so happy for you." I could hear a sigh of relief on the other end of the receiver.

"That actually means a lot to hear Lex. You always know what to say. No matter what you'll always be my first boyfriend." We both laughed a bit.

"Well I'm glad I could play Dr. Phill for the night, but my services are now closed for the rest of the day. I'm kinda tired." And right on cue my phone started ringing in my head signaling me that someone else was calling me on the other line.

"Okay well thanks a bunch Lex. Goodnight!" She said before hanging up. I immediately switched it over to the other caller was.

"Hello?" I asked a little tiredly.

"You sleep?" The deep voice asked. Right then and there I could feel myself soaking my panties.

I crossed my legs a little bit and blushed.

"No..apparently these are my new business hours." I joked. He laughed along with me before speaking.

"Well I just thought I'd call. I mean there was a 50/50 chance you would've picked up. And I took the chances." He explained. I honestly felt happier being on the phone with him more than Hayden.

"Well aren't you lucky...but what are you doing up?" I asked him a little curiously.

"My knuckle-headed brother is banging some thot and it's keeping me up. And I'd rather talk to you than play the game. I'm too tired to play who can be louder." He explained. "but actually I'm gonna hang up and call you on FaceTime." He said before hanging up.

My eyes widen a little bit. I'm not even in good lighting to help me look some what decent. I quickly threw my hair into a somewhat cute messy bun and waited for the call.

I heard the phone starting to ring and I quickly picked up.

Blaze was laying down resting laying on his side with his head resting in his hand and looking down at the camera.

"I feel like an old man with this shit sometimes. It's hard to keep up with this technology." He joked.

"Okay grandpa. It's not that hard. It's just a few buttons to push." I shrugged.

"Yeah too many buttons for me." God this kid just makes things complicated.

"Well did you get a new pair of readers or depends for Christmas since you're an old man." I joked back but I realized it sounded lame but he started it.

"Of course. And I got a walker with the tennis balls and everything." He smirked at the camera. But we both ended up laughing.

I thought it was was a cute moment considering he looked cute when he smiled and decided to take a screenshot of it.

But unfortunately for IPhones it notifies the other person if the other person takes a screenshot on FaceTime.

"Damn you tryna catch my bad angles and leak them or sum?" He questioned.

"Nooo it was just funny that's all." I lied. But he looked cute that's all.

"Mhmm well at least get my good side. Ready?" He asked getting ready to pose. I just giggled and nodded.

He started posing and making funny faces as I kept taking screenshots.

I couldn't help but laugh at all the pics I took of him.

But as I said, he doesn't have a bad angle, he has nothing but good angles and he's blessed because I can't say the same.

"Aw damn is my photo shoot done? I was having my diva moment." He said flipping his imaginary hair.

"You're stupid you know that right?" I said smiling hard. He just made another silly face and crossed his eyes.

"Uh duhhh." He replied.

I was glad he called and made it up for not talking after a couple of days. But this was gonna be a long night honestly.

(Comment your favorite brother. "❄️" For Cole or "🔥" Blaze. )

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

164K 2.2K 18
(Caution:Bad English .Read at ur own risk) Kristen is the popular girl in her school.She has some god gifted physical power though she is not that mu...
973 244 53
Alexis Carter, who lives life like a normal teenage girl who goes to school, completes her homework, hangs out with her friends and loves her family...
2.3K 289 32
Aria had a simple life, she had her friends, her brother, and her parents. At the time she thought life couldn't get any better; minus the guy she wa...
37.8M 1M 75
In which I fall in love with my brother's best friend. ***** "Don't pretend like you don't feel anything." His voice is low, sending shivers down my...