What Am I?

By Angelicdemonichybrid

Jen has always wanted to be a pokemon trainer, but her mother has forbidden her from choosing a pokemon for u... More

1998, John Marx
Happy Birthday! No Pokemon for you!
Libby! :D
Are You a Boy or are you a Girl?
The Guardians of the Lake
Kind Sister, Scary Mommy
Pewter's Gym Leader, Flint
Ash
Mt. Moon and New 'Friends'
Getcha Hands Off Mah Pokemon!
Ice, Ice Baby!
Masterless
Just Say Please
The Gathering
The Mews
Just My Luck
We Owe Her!
Uno...No Dos...Tres...Ho-Oh!
Reunions, Memories, and Bitter Pasta
Sabrina, the Mistress of Psychic Pokemon
Da Truck! :D
KABOOM!!
Earlier and Earlier
Sky Pillar
One of Us
The Tree of Beginning
Hero of the Year Tournament
The Hero Ball
Mommy Update
Mom, Rockets, and Memories. UGH!
Bye Bye...
Prisoners
I Didn't Do It! At Least Not This Time.
FREEDOM!!
Nimbasa City
More Explosions and Surprises
N
N's Castle and...!
Separated (Part 1)
Separated (Part 2)
For Whom the Bell Tolls
The Garden
Carnivale de Altomare
The Trials
Hide and Seek
HELP!
Mewthree
Wake Up!
Showing Off...
No Time To Say Goodbye

The Truth Will Set You Free...Right?

482 17 4
By Angelicdemonichybrid

Jen landed a few minutes later on top of the Pokemon Tower. “M-Mewtwo? How did you get away? How did you escape?”

        He had his back turned towards her.

        Jen stayed where she had landed. It may have been a stupid idea to have followed him, but she was no fool. She had to see his eyes before she would get any closer to him. “Mewtwo, please turn around.”

        He hesitated for a moment before finally turning to look at her. His eyes were no longer red, but their regular, bright purple again.

        Jen smiled and sighed with relief.

        Mewtwo started walking towards her, but his expression was grim. A red flag immediately went up in her mind and instead of letting him close the gap between them, Jen started to back away. “Guys…” She said, trying to get the message through to the others, but Mewtwo was blocking her.

        “Jen--”

        “Why won’t you let me talk to Red or any of the others? Why are you blocking my connection to them? They would want to know that you have gotten away from Team Rocket as well.” She stopped when she felt the edge of the Tower under her feet.

        Mewtwo didn’t say anything. He continued to walk towards her.

        “If you don’t answer me, then I will go straight back to Saffron City for the others.” She threatened.

        “We need to leave.” He said bluntly.

        “No! I’m not going anywhere with you…this isn’t you. You’re still under the machine’s control. How?! You should be out of its range.”  Jen asked.

        Mewtwo was now a foot and a half away from her. She tried to enter his mind and break the machine’s control, but she couldn’t focus. The ringing that held him under the machine’s control was blaring inside of his mind.

        She covered her ears and left his mind. “I’m sorry, Mewtwo. I’m sorry.

        Mewtwo slowly leaned forward. The closer he got, the more Jen could begin to see through his mind projection. His eyes quickly turned from glowing purple to a fiery red.

        She quickly took another step back and let herself fall through the air. She looked back up at the top of the Tower and saw Mewtwo staring down at her. He held one of his hands out to her and stopped her in mid-air.

        “No! No! No!” She as he began to bring her back to the roof. “Let me go!” She screamed. She pushed the air and kinetically shoved Mewtwo back.

        His mental hold on her disappeared and she took off flying back towards Saffron. “I’m sorry, Mewtwo.” She mentally searched for Red and the others. “Mewtwo is here and he’s still under the machine’s control. Keep an eye out for any of the others.

        Jen didn’t know if the message went through or not, but she was sure of one thing. Mewtwo was right behind her. He reached out for her again and pulled her back towards him.

        “Stop it!” She screamed. He grabbed her around the waist and held her arms down at her side. “Let. Me. Go!” She released a kinetic blast back at Mewtwo, but he didn’t release her. “LET ME GO!

        Mewtwo’s grip loosened enough for her to slip out of, but just for a moment. She took off like a bullet towards Saffron City. She had to find the others or at least get back to Sabrina.

        She was almost to Saffron City when she saw a pink ball of energy flying towards her. Jen dropped in the air to avoid the attack, but she didn’t slow. In fact, she quickened her pace towards the city.

        “J-Jen…where are you?” It was Red. He sounded faint and the connection was horrible.

        “It’s the Mews. There here, but they’re still under the machine’s control!” She mentally screamed, as she dodged yet another ball of energy.

        “Where…are you? W-We’re…at…the gym.

        Jen sprinted for the gym. She didn’t care who saw her, she just had to get to the gym. She burst through the doors and just about knocked herself out. She slid across the gym floor and crashed into one of the columns by the entrance. “Ugh…” She moaned.

        “Jen! Oh my God!” Sabrina cried. She and the others ran over to Jen. “Stay awake, Jen.”

        Some of the gym trainers looked at her and then at Sabrina. “Miss Sabrina, do you want us to get her some help? Will she be alright?”

        Jen groaned and looked at her friends woozily. “They’re here.”

        “Who?” N asked.

        The doors flew off their hinges as Mewtwo entered the gym. The group froze as he and Mew drifted into the gym, eyes burning bright red.

        Sabrina turned towards the gym trainers. “All of you get out of here. Now! Run!”

        “But, Miss Sabrina, we can help you.”

        “I said leave!” Sabrina barked. The gym trainers hesitated before running from the gym area. “What are you doing here? What do you want?”

        The Mews ignored her and glided towards Jen. N and Red moved in between them and got into fighting stances.

        “Move.” Mewtwo growled.

        “We’ll ask you again. What do you want?” Sabrina asked. “We do not want to fight you, but if we must, we will.”

        “Sabrina, I can hear into their minds…the ringing…it’s…run! Sabrina…you must…break…our connection!” Kadabra cried as its eyes turn crimson.

        “Ah, crap! Could this get any worse?...Why did Sabrina’s grip tighten?” Jen looked over at the gym leader and her eyes widened. Instead of possessing their usual pinkish-blue glow, Sabrina’s eyes were crimson. She glared down at Jen.

        “How?! How?! I thought the machine only worked on Pokemon! What the Hell?!” Jen complained.

        “Sabrina shares a psychic link with her Kadabra, meaning if one is feeling a certain emotion, the other one is too.” Red explained.

        “And if one is being brainwashed then the other one is too?” Jen groaned.

        “Apparently. Then again, the Universe probably just hates us.” Red muttered.

        “So why have I not fallen under the machine’s control?

        “I guess it’s because your human side is saving you.” N’s voice said. “I can hear you guys now.

        “Welcome to our telepathic chat group. Now close your mind or else the Mews will get in.” Red said with a hidden smirk.

        N sighed. “Four against four…what are we going to do?”

        “Count again, N.” Jen growled icily. She was looking at Gengar now, who was glowering malevolently at them. He too, like the others, had red eyes.

        “…Screw. You. Too. Universe.” Red hissed.

        Sabrina dragged Jen to her feet and held her arm in a tight grip.

        “Sabrina, let her go. You’ve got to fight this. You and Jen were practicing this earlier. Wake up!” N cried.

        “Shut up, boy.” Sabrina hissed. She threw her hand out and kinetically tossed him across the gym.

        Jen threw her free hand out and stopped N from crashing into the wall. She released him and glowered at Sabrina. She opened her mouth to scream at Sabrina, but was silenced when Mewtwo began walking up to her.

        Red, still standing in between them, stood his ground. “I’m not going to move. I am not going to let you hurt Jen.

        Mewtwo narrowed his eyes at him, and before Red knew what was happening, he was hovering in the air, clawing at his own neck for air. Mewtwo was strangling him.

        “Stop it! Mewtwo, stop it!” Jen screamed. “What do you want? I’ll do whatever you want! Just don’t kill him!”

        “You will give us the Pokemon that created the super storm.” Jen looked behind the Mews to see a group of grunts entering the gym. To her dismay, they were led by Sal and the grunt from the S.S. Anne. “Hand it over and we will leave you all in peace. Got it?”

        Jen scowled at the grunts. “Let my cousin go first, Mewtwo. Then you…can have the Pokemon, but…I must go with you too. Wherever the Pokemon goes…I go.”

        “J-Jen…d-don’t…” Red said weakly.

        “And we must go with her as well.” N said boldly.

        The grunts studied them for a moment before nodding to Mewtwo. Mewtwo dropped Red, who crumpled to the ground coughing for air. Two grunts walked up to him and N and placed them in handcuffs. “We’ll be taking the Pokemon now just in case you and your friends get any ideas.”

        Jen flinched slightly. “When I said the Pokemon stays with me, I mean the Pokemon stays with me. Got it?”

        Sal snickered. “I don’t think so, love. Hand it over or we’ll take it from your dead…beautiful hands.”

        Jen glared at him. “It stays with me!”

        Sal and his partner looked at each other.

        “Fine then. Just count yourselves lucky that we’re allowing you to come along for the ride. It took us a while just to get over here due to the storm. We were lucky it eased up earlier…” Sal muttered. “Now hand it over!”

        Jen folded her arms across her chest. “No.”

        Sal and his partner looked at each other and then back at Jen. “I say we search her, Ty.” Sal smirked with a perverted spark in his eye. He began walking towards her.

        Jen put her fists up and got into a fighting stance. “You will not touch me, you damn pervert!” She growled.

        “Let’s just bring all of them with us. Then once we get back to base you can do whatever you want to her.” Ty said.

        N and Red shot death glares at the grunts and struggled against their cuffs. “You shits! Don’t you dare touch my cousin! I will rip you both limb from limb!

        Sal scoffed. “Fair enough. Cuff her and take them to the chopper. You two though,” He said pointing to the Mews, “head back to the base. We’ll be there in a bit.”

        The Mews stared at Jen for a moment before walking out of the gym. Jen and the others were next. The grunts dragged them outside to their helicopters, but when Jen went to get on the one with Red and the others, Sal grabbed her by the waist and carried her kicking and screaming to another one.

        “Put me down, you ass!” She shrieked.

        “Relax, love. The others will be alright. We just can’t have you guys getting any ideas of escape.” Sal grinned as he and Ty crawled into another helicopter.

        It took them a few moments to strap the struggling Jen into one of the seats. They then shut and locked the doors so she could not escape, and took off into the sky.

        They had traveled a couple miles before Ty decided to break the silence between them. “Oi! Jen, was it? You probably would have been better off if you had just given us the Pokemon. Then we may have let you all go about your business or whatever you lot do.” Ty sneered from his seat across from Jen’s.

        “Shut up, douche bag.” Jen hissed.

        Sal snickered. “You’re still just as feisty as ever, love.”

        “I said shut up!”

        The door closest to Jen suddenly opened up and her seatbelt came undone.

        “Huh?!” Jen gasped with wide-eyes.

        Ty and Sal glanced at the open door. They hadn’t noticed that Jen was no longer strapped into her seat. “What the--?”

        Jen jumped to her feet and dove out the open door before either one of the grunts had time to process what had happened. She fell for a moment as she tried to regain her bearings. She searched the group of helicopters for the one that held her cousin and the others, but someone came up from behind her and held her in a tight embrace.

        “Damn it! No!” She growled as she tried to free herself.

        “Don’t.”

        She stopped when she heard the voice, and slowly looked up. “M-Mewtwo?” She said softly. He still had red eyes. She looked down sadly at the ground below. “If you’re still under the machine’s control…why did you have me jump out of the helicopter?”

        He didn’t respond.

        “Please, answer me. Why did you do that?”

        “You will be silent.” He growled.

        “You’re fighting the machine…aren’t you?” She said with a weak smile. She rested her head on his chest. “Keep fighting it, Mewtwo.”

        He didn’t look down at her. Instead, he flew faster alongside Mew towards the Seafoam Islands.

Within Team Rocket’s Seafoam base

        They landed a little while later with the helicopters right behind them. Red, N, Sabrina, and her Pokemon, who were all still red-eyed, were brought up behind Jen and the Mews.

        “Well if it isn’t my favorite group of loathsome brats.” Giovanni hissed when he saw the small group. He turned to Mewtwo angrily. “I thought I told you to bring me the Pokemon responsible for creating that storm. Not these children!”

        Mewtwo just scowled at him.

        “Jen actually has the Pokemon with her, sir. She said that wherever it goes, she goes as well.” Sal explained.

        Giovanni face-palmed. “IDIOTS! I told you all to get the damn Pokemon! I never said you could bring anyone else with you! What was so hard about obeying that command?” He turned towards Jen and grabbed her arm. “Where is it then? Where is the Pokemon? Hand it over!”

        “Bite me, bitch!”

        Giovanni cracked her across the face, causing her to fall backwards.

        “Jen!” N and Red cried. They tried to rush to her side, but the grunts held them back.

        Giovanni grabbed Jen by her hair and lifted her to her feet. “Give me that Pokemon!”

        Jen grinned slyly at him and giggled.

        Giovanni, completely fed up with Jen, waved a hand at Red and N. “Kill them.”

        “Are you blind, Giovanni? Or have you not bothered to look at my late father’s file that your men stole from Team Plasma’s base?” Jen asked quickly.

        Giovanni waved his hand again, and the grunts stood down. “What are you talking about?”

        Jen snickered. “It’s not fun to be out of the loop, is it? Ooh...I can’t wait to see your expression when you read what’s hidden away in that file.”

        “Jen, what the Hell are you doing?!” Red screamed as he tried fighting against the grunts. He was struggling so much that five more had to come over and pin him to the ground.

        Giovanni shot him an odd stare, and turned back to Jen, who was grinning smugly. “Continue.”

        “You’re a man of business, aren’t you, Giovanni? How about a deal? You let all of my friends go, meaning all three of the humans and all of the Pokemon you have under the machine’s control, and I will willingly give you the Pokemon that you are looking for. And I promise you…it will obey you without question…forever…”

        “Jen, you idiot! Shut up!” Red roared.

        Giovanni frowned. “That’s a rather odd and one-sided deal. I lose Mewtwo and Mew once again, along with all of the other Pokemon Team Rocket has successfully captured, and receive one Pokemon from you. Mewtwo is the strongest Pokemon in the world, and do not think for a second that I am willing to give it up for some unknown Pokemon. For all I know, this Pokemon is weaker than it. How do I know you even have this Pokemon anyway?”

        Jen shrugged. “Trust me, I guess. Besides, you want this Pokemon because it created the super storm, right?"

        "And the earthquake that ripped apart most of Kanto."

        Jen's eyes widened. "There was an earthquake too?"

        "Richter Scale of 7.0. Many were hurt, but...why the Hell do you care, and why am I even telling you this?" Giovanni shook his head. "Alright, so maybe this Pokemon could be just as strong as Mewtwo, or maybe not. Convince me, brat, why would I give up the Mews and the other Pokemon for this one Pokemon? First, I want to see this Pokemon. Then, we can talk. What is it? What is this Pokemon?” Giovanni growled.

        “Check my father’s file. You guys should still have that file.” Jen said nonchalantly.

        “Jen, shut up!” N growled.

        Giovanni ignored him. He was too curious about what Jen was saying to pay N or Red any mind. “What is inside the file? Tell me. Who is your father, girl?”

        Jen gasped sarcastically. “You don’t know? Well you know who my mom is, so why wouldn’t you know who my father is?”

        “I usually try to avoid weird people such as your mother, Lucy. I only know about her because of my twin brother. Damn him for ever introducing us.” He growled. His grip tightened on Jen’s hair and she grimaced in pain. “Being with her was a mistake.”

        “Being with her? You hung out with each other?” Jen asked. Her smile was fading, but she was sure to keep the mocking sarcasm in her voice. “You were human once?”

        “One night. Worst mistake ever.” He muttered through clenched teeth.

        The smug smile on Jen’s face disappeared. “Da…faq?”

        “Nothing happened, you stupid brat!”

        “Do you promise?” Jen asked in all dead seriousness.

        “Yes…John Marx. He was your father wasn’t he?”

        Jen tried to nod, but his grip on her hair limited her head movements.

        “He retired fifteen years ago.” Jen glared at Giovanni as he said retired. “I can’t quite recall what he was working on back then—Hang on…yes, I do remember. But…no, everything was destroyed. How could you possibly have something of his?” He glowered at Jen.

        Jen shrugged. “Read the files and find out yourself.”

        Giovanni turned to Ariana, who was standing a little ways behind him. “Ariana, do you still have that file with you?”

        The red haired woman nodded. “Shall I read out the contents for you, sir?”

        “No, I want you to burn the file. Of course I want you to tell me what the Hell it says!”

        Ariana flinched and began skimming through the file. She stopped when she came across the pictures and Lucy’s journal. “Oh…My…God…”

        Giovanni rolled his eyes angrily. “Ariana, spit it out already! What the Hell does it say?”

        Ariana slowly lowered the file and stared in horror at Jen. “…”

        Giovanni dropped Jen and stormed over to Ariana. He snatched the file from her hands and began flipping through it himself.

        Jen took this time to focus on Red’s and N’s handcuffs, and unlock them enough for the boys to take them off and run. She then turned her attention towards Sabrina and her Pokemon. “Wake up, guys! Come on! Do you really want to be taking orders from Giovanni for the rest of your life?

        Sabrina blinked and rubbed her head. She was starting to wake up…and so were her Pokemon.

        “Come on, guys. Break the connection. Break--” She felt herself being thrown out of their minds. She frowned and felt someone staring down at her.

        Jen dared a peek up from the corner of her eye to see Mewtwo. His red eyes were boring holes into her head. She tried to ignore his stare, but once she noticed him, it was near impossible to forget that he was there.

        “Holy shit!” Giovanni shrieked.

        Jen jumped and directed her attention towards the Rocket Leader.

        He looked up at her and then back down at the file. “No!”

        “Yep.” Jen said, nodding slowly. Her expression was blank now.

        “No!”

        “Yep.”

        “This is bullshit.”

        Jen narrowed her eyes at him. “What’s bullshit? The file or m--”

        “This! Everything! You’re lying! You’re a damn psychic!” He screamed as he chucked the file at her head. Jen put a hand up to defend herself from the flying papers and pictures that exploded from the file.

        “So…about that deal? Are you going to let my friends go or what?” She asked darkly.

        “Everything in that file cannot…is not true! But…it is. How?!”

        “You read the file. You should know.”

        “Jen, I’m going to kill you. Both N and I are going to freaking kill you for this!” Red hissed.

        “I’m doing this to save you guys. Now shut up!

        “No! This is not right! We have run for so long to keep Giovanni from getting you, and now…now you are giving yourself to him! You might as well stick a damn bow in your hair and wrap yourself in gift wrap while you’re at it! Misty, Pikachu, and Ash gave up their memories of us so that you could stay safe…and now you are acting like their sacrifice meant nothing! I lost my brother again because of you! For you, Jen! And this is how you thank us? How stupid are you?” The anger and sorrow in his mental voice was almost unbearable to listen to for Jen.

        She shut her eyes and let her head slump down. “I’m doing this for all of you. I’m doing this so Giovanni and Team Rocket will never hurt you ever again. I’m doing this because I care about all of you.” She sighed and glanced at Mewtwo from the corner of her eye. “I am also keeping to my word, Mewtwo. You have given yourself up to Giovanni…now I have to tell him what I am.

        Mewtwo seemed to flinch at her mental thought.

        “But he’s a liar, Jen! A backstabbing liar!” He had not heard the last few sentences she had said.

        Jen heard Giovanni walking back over towards her. She glanced up at him and saw confusion, anger and…some other emotion in his eyes. “You want to make a deal with me…little…Pokemon?”

        Jen stared blankly at him and nodded.

        Giovanni smirked. “Very well, little Pokemon, we can go along with your deal. But there is one thing that I must point out to you before we seal this deal.”

        Jen’s stomach began to tie into knots. “What?”

        “I was the one behind the experiments that your dear old dad was running. I owned everything that was created, tested, and destroyed…ergo…I don’t need to make a deal with a Pokemon that was created by my scientists.” He leaned closer towards Jen and grinned widely at her. “I already own you.”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.9K 434 21
Hello My name is Ruby Ketchum and my parents are Ash Ketchum and Serena Ketchum. I don't remember my father much but my mother told me that my father...
66.8K 1.3K 48
[ this fic was discontinued] In which a girl named annalece lives in the world of pokemon, entirely bent on hatred towards them. Why? Because she wa...
20.6K 274 60
Millie, an eleven-year-old girl who lives in the Alola region, has always dreamed of being a pokemon trainer. But her mother believes pokemon are dan...
260K 3.1K 38
[Story cover edited by me] Description: Ash is heading back to Pallet Town in Kanto after a crushing defeat with the battle with Alain, making him co...