What Am I?

By Angelicdemonichybrid

Jen has always wanted to be a pokemon trainer, but her mother has forbidden her from choosing a pokemon for u... More

1998, John Marx
Happy Birthday! No Pokemon for you!
Libby! :D
Are You a Boy or are you a Girl?
The Guardians of the Lake
Kind Sister, Scary Mommy
Pewter's Gym Leader, Flint
Ash
Mt. Moon and New 'Friends'
Getcha Hands Off Mah Pokemon!
Ice, Ice Baby!
Masterless
Just Say Please
The Gathering
The Mews
Just My Luck
We Owe Her!
Uno...No Dos...Tres...Ho-Oh!
Reunions, Memories, and Bitter Pasta
Sabrina, the Mistress of Psychic Pokemon
Da Truck! :D
KABOOM!!
Earlier and Earlier
Sky Pillar
One of Us
The Tree of Beginning
Hero of the Year Tournament
The Hero Ball
Mommy Update
Mom, Rockets, and Memories. UGH!
Bye Bye...
Prisoners
I Didn't Do It! At Least Not This Time.
Nimbasa City
More Explosions and Surprises
N
N's Castle and...!
Separated (Part 1)
Separated (Part 2)
For Whom the Bell Tolls
The Garden
Carnivale de Altomare
The Trials
Hide and Seek
HELP!
The Truth Will Set You Free...Right?
Mewthree
Wake Up!
Showing Off...
No Time To Say Goodbye

FREEDOM!!

577 24 10
By Angelicdemonichybrid

Rage, sorrow, and confusion began welling up in her chest as she stared at the boy she once trusted. “Why? Why, Kenji? Why?!” She mentally sobbed.

        She was starting to get that feeling again where all of her power was building up inside of her, wanting desperately to be released into some sort of destructive form. She couldn’t let that happen, not here.

        “Jen--” Kenji began, reaching out for her worriedly.

        Jen was shaking violently as she tried to suppress the vehement power. She moved away from his touch and glared at him. “I trusted you.”

        Kenji looked at her puzzled. “Jen, please let me explain.”

        Jen ignored him and ran with Rattata down the hall. She couldn’t be around him any longer. Not without releasing all of her anger.

        “Was he not one of your friends?” Rattata asked.

        Jen could only manage to shake her head.

        “Okay.”

        “Jen? Mew? Mewtwo? Where are you guys? I found my Pokemon and Jen’s Pokemon.” Red’s voice echoed in Jen’s mind and she froze.

        “Red!” Jen sighed happily as she ran in the direction his voice was coming from. “You have no idea how good it is to hear your voice right now. I’m somewhere out in the hallway on the bottom floor.

        “Bottom floor? Um, where exactly are we?

        “Underneath some business building in Castelia City.

        “In Unova? Good grief!” There was a mental pause. “How did you find us?

        “I saw the Rocket base in one of my future sight dreams.

        “So you flew all the way from Rota to Castelia?”

        “No…I flew from Pallet Town to Castelia City.

        She could sense Red frowning. “Why were you in…your mom found you?!” Red yelped.

        “She’s not going to find me again.

        “How the heck did she get you back to Pallet Town?

        “Repel. It smells God awful.” Jen groaned. “She had so much on that each time I tried to breath, I felt like I was being suffocated.

        She rounded the corner to see a group of five grunts staring back at her.

        “Who are you? State your name and rank.” One of them barked.

        “My name is Becca, and I’m…a new recruit.”

        “Where is your partner, Becca?” Another grunt asked.

        She was about to say that she didn’t have one when one of the grunts pushed through the crowd.

        “She doesn’t have one, and she’s not one of us.” The boy growled.

        “Sal? Who else from Rota is apart of Team Rocket?!” Jen hissed.

        “Grab her and her Pokemon!”

        Jen spun on her heels, grabbing Rattata, and bolted back down the hall. She could hear the grunts coming after her with their Pokemon at her heels.

        “Use tackle!” Some of the grunts cried.

         Jen felt something slam into her back, followed by another blow that set her tumbling onto the ground. She pushed Rattata away from her as a couple Raticates, Ekans and Arboks held her down.

        “Let her go!” Rattata growled as he tried to tackle some of the Pokemon off of Jen. He was only able to push back a few of the Pokemon before an Arbok wrapped itself around his purple body and constricted him.

        Jen wanted to use her powers to throw the Pokemon and the grunts across the hall.

        “Don’t, Jen. We’re coming.” Red ordered.

        “I have to. You guys don’t even know where in the base you are.” Jen said as she struggled to throw the Pokemon off her back.

        “Please, Jen. Wait for us. We’re coming for you!

        Jen felt someone grab her by the collar of her shirt and drag her to her feet. She wrestled with the grunts as they cuffed her, and tried desperately to get away, but there were too many of them. Jen jumped into the air and kicked the nearest grunts in the stomach, hoping to knock over the ones that were holding onto her, but her attempt was in vain.

        “Let me go!” She screamed as she struggled even more.

        “Hold her down and gag her!”

        A grunt kneed her in the stomach, both knocking the breath out of Jen and sending her to the tiled floor.

        “I’ve got to admit, Becca, you’ve got quite a lot of fight in you.” Sal snickered as a cloth was tied around Jen’s mouth. “I like it.”

        Jen glared at him as two grunts lifted her up and dragged her away. The Arbok that had Rattata followed them along with two Raticates and an Ekans.

        “It’s a shame that you are not apart of Team Rocket, Becca. You would have made a great partner.” Sal said as he walked along side Jen and the grunts.

        Jen ignored him.

        “There are no cloaked knights in shining armor to save you now.” Sal chuckled to himself.

        “Yeah, especially since my knight turned out to be evil as well.” Jen grumbled. “Red, go find Mew and Mewtwo. I’m going to deal with these guys myself.

        “Jen, don’t!” Red screamed.

        Jen focused on all of the grunts and Pokemon around her, ready to throw them against the walls when a sudden psychic blast knocked them backwards. The blast only spared Jen and Rattata.

        Jen looked towards the source of the blast and saw Mewtwo flying towards her. A large grin crept across her face as he neared. “Mewtwo!”

        “Are you alright?” He asked.

        Jen nodded. “Are you?”

        Mewtwo didn’t answer.

        “Mewtwo?” Jen asked worriedly.

        Rattata looked between Jen and Mewtwo and frowned. “Why do you two smell similar?”

        “I’ll explain that later. Kay?” She muttered to Rattata, picking him up and placing him in her bag. Only his head and front paws hung out of her bag.

        “Mew is a floor above us and your cousin is two floors above her.” Mewtwo replied.

        “Wait…are you saying that we should split up and find them?” Jen didn't want to split up.

        Mewtwo shook his head. “It would be better if we stayed together.”

        “Got it.” She replied as she followed Mewtwo down the hallway that she last saw Kenji in. The hallway was completely void of Rocket grunts for the moment, but Jen could hear some headed their way. “That coward, Kenji, probably ran off and told the others that we were here.

        Before the grunts could get any closer, Mewtwo stopped and hurled a shadow ball at the ceiling. Debris and a cloud of dust descended upon them, but Mewtwo didn’t hesitate to fly right through it all. “Come on. Mew is up here.

        Jen followed and found herself in a large room filled with fainted scientists, wires, and humming computers. Jen landed a few feet from Mewtwo who was staring at a fluid-filled tank. She cautiously moved closer to see an unconscious Mew floating within the tank.

        “Stand back, Jen.” Mewtwo ordered. He reached out and touched the glass tank, mentally shattering the container. Mew slumped to the bottom of the tank as all the fluid splashed onto the ground.

        “Mew?” Jen asked softly.

        Mewtwo picked up the still Mew and turned to Jen. “Let’s find your cousin.”

        Red was sprinting through the halls with Jen’s Pokemon and his Pokemon trailing behind him. They had managed to attract the attention of about half the grunts on the floor.

        “Jen!” Red cried. “Where are you?

        “We’re on the third floor. We’re almost to the second floor.

        Red glanced over his shoulder to see some of the grunts were gaining on him. “Crap! Jen, hurry!

        A loud explosion sounded behind him, sending debris and dust clouds everywhere. The dust clouds also helped blind the grunts that were chasing Red. Red and the Pokemon slowed to a stop as Mewtwo and Jen appeared from the hole and flew to his side.

        “Time to go, cousin.” She said as she quickly placed Vulpix in her bag next to Rattata and Mew. Instead of letting the bag rest at her side like normal, she held it close to her chest so the flight would be a little steadier for her Pokemon and Mew.

        “You don’t have to tell me twice.” Red said as he summoned Charizard and hopped on its back.

        Mewtwo threw two more shadow balls back to back at the ceilings and dove through both holes to the lobby of the building.

        Jen and Red followed to see business men and women screaming and fleeing the scene. Red and Jen scanned the lobby for Mewtwo, but he had disappeared.

        “We need to get out of here and find a rendezvous spot.” Red said as he pulled Jen onto Charizard’s back before anyone could notice her hovering.

        “I’ve got an idea. Can I see your cell phone?”

        Red nodded as Charizard burst from the building’s lobby and took to the skies. He handed his phone back to Jen, who quickly dialed Libby’s number.

        “Hello? Who is this?” Libby asked on the other end of the phone.

        “Libby, it’s me. Jen. I’m in Unova. Which city did you say you lived in again?” Jen asked.

        “Wait, what? You’re in Unova already? This is so exciting! Do you need me to pick you up? I can fly over to wherever you are and get you.”

        “No, I just need your address.”

        “Okay. I’m in Nimbasa City in the Chingling Apartments. You can find my building on Wheeler Street. I’m on the eighth floor in room 814. Got it?”

        “Yep. See you in a few, Lib.”

        “See ya, sis.”

        Jen immediately hung up and was about to give Red his phone back when she noticed a text message appear on his screen.

        “Jen, I’m sorry for what happened earlier. I just want to talk. Please let me explain. Kenji.”

        Jen glared at the text and deleted it almost instantly.

        “So where are we going?” Red asked.

        “We’re heading towards Libby’s place. She is on the eighth floor of Chingling Apartments. Her room is 814. Are you following us, Mewtwo?”  Jen asked, sending the message to both Red and Mewtwo.

        She didn’t hear a response from Mewtwo, but she could sense him near.

        “Alrighty then, next stop, Libby’s place!” Red grinned.

        Giovanni was furious. He had returned to his office a few moments after the chaos started to die down. He stormed over to his phone and hit the speaker button. “Ariana, where the Hell are Mew and Mewtwo?” He hissed into his phone.

        “W-We don’t know, sir.” Ariana replied over the sounds of ruckus in the background. “We’re trying to review all the security tapes to see what happened.”

        “And what have you found so far?” He asked bitterly.

        “The tapes show a female grunt running into your office earlier with a Rattata, and initiating the base’s shutdown code.”

        “How did she get the codes?” Giovanni growled.

        “Um…it was actually her Rattata that put in the code…and it was just jumping on the keyboard.”

        Giovanni was silent.

        “Sir?”

        “A Rattata shut off our base’s power? A goddamn Rattata?!”

        Ariana was cringing on the other end of the phone. “Sir, I’m…wait! Giovanni, sir, the cameras picked something else up after the power returned. You’ll want to see this for yourself.”

        Giovanni lackadaisically glanced over at his computer screens to see the security tapes that Ariana just sent him.

        In the recording, he could see the false female grunt and her Rattata being dragged down one of the halls when all of a sudden, all the grunts are thrown out of view. The false female grunt climbed to her feet and smiled at her unseen rescuer. She began talking too, but there was no audio.

        “Ariana, why can’t I hear what she is saying?” Giovanni growled.

        “A lot of our cameras were damaged, sir.”

        “Mewtwo probably destroyed each one that he came across.” Giovanni thought as he continued to watch the tape.

        The false grunt nodded at her rescuer, placed her Pokemon in her bag, and flew off screen.

        Giovanni stared at the screen for a moment, blank-faced, before rewinding the tape. The second the girl began to fly, he paused the tape. “Do we know who she is and how she is doing this?”

        “I have her recruitment papers that she filled out today with me, but I don’t believe that any information she wrote is accurate. I’ve asked those who say her today if they knew anything about her, but I haven’t receive a ton of information.”

        “Well?” Giovanni asked, annoyed.

        “I managed to find out that she is from Kanto, she owns a Haunter and a Vulpix, and she has had quite a lot of run-ins with other Team Rocket grunts before today. We will need to speak with the grunts you sent back to Rota. Apparently they have had more confrontations with her than anyone else.”

        “They will take too long to return from Kanto…especially since her body is not there. Who else knows about her? Do we have anything that may belong to her?”

        Ariana paused. “Sal Ruiz and his partner know a bit about her. We also believe we found her cell phone back at the Tree of Beginning. I already have a few hackers looking into every bit of information on her phone. We’ll know more about her in a little while, and maybe where she could be right now.”

        “Good. Once you have her location, I want this Sal boy and his partner to find her. Then send out any operative to find Mewtwo. I want him back now!”

        “Yes, sir. Right away.”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.8K 114 13
Being the younger sister is not easy, even if it is just by a year. Having a brother that doesn't know much about Pokemon is even worse. I am Willow...
319K 4.2K 87
A story where there is a boy named Ash Ketchum that one day he will acquire a power, a power that can rival even a god. His power will outmatched eve...
18.9K 434 21
Hello My name is Ruby Ketchum and my parents are Ash Ketchum and Serena Ketchum. I don't remember my father much but my mother told me that my father...
3.8K 129 30
There was no fear, no pain, no sorrow, no war here. Only an overwhelming wave of peace, warmth and comfort. Innocent peace and comfort, as if he was...