What Am I?

Bởi Angelicdemonichybrid

Jen has always wanted to be a pokemon trainer, but her mother has forbidden her from choosing a pokemon for u... Xem Thêm

1998, John Marx
Happy Birthday! No Pokemon for you!
Libby! :D
Are You a Boy or are you a Girl?
The Guardians of the Lake
Kind Sister, Scary Mommy
Pewter's Gym Leader, Flint
Ash
Mt. Moon and New 'Friends'
Getcha Hands Off Mah Pokemon!
Ice, Ice Baby!
Masterless
Just Say Please
The Gathering
The Mews
Just My Luck
We Owe Her!
Uno...No Dos...Tres...Ho-Oh!
Reunions, Memories, and Bitter Pasta
Sabrina, the Mistress of Psychic Pokemon
Da Truck! :D
KABOOM!!
Earlier and Earlier
Sky Pillar
One of Us
The Tree of Beginning
The Hero Ball
Mommy Update
Mom, Rockets, and Memories. UGH!
Bye Bye...
Prisoners
I Didn't Do It! At Least Not This Time.
FREEDOM!!
Nimbasa City
More Explosions and Surprises
N
N's Castle and...!
Separated (Part 1)
Separated (Part 2)
For Whom the Bell Tolls
The Garden
Carnivale de Altomare
The Trials
Hide and Seek
HELP!
The Truth Will Set You Free...Right?
Mewthree
Wake Up!
Showing Off...
No Time To Say Goodbye

Hero of the Year Tournament

807 27 13
Bởi Angelicdemonichybrid

The next day everyone followed Mew and Red into Rota with Jen, Vulpix, and Red riding on Charizard’s back. Red patted Charizard’s neck once they reached the Pokemon Center, signaling him to land.

        “Why are we stopping here?” Jen asked as they landed in front of the Center. “And why is everyone dressed as if they were from the medieval ages?”

        Red smirked and climbed off Charizard’s back. “The last time I was here, I watched my brother win Hero of the Year. I wanted to compete for the title, but I figured Ash would want the title more.”

        “You would have demolished him in battle, wouldn’t you?”

        “I’ve had more time to train my team while Ash was in his coma. Plus, my next stop was Lavender Town, and if we met up…I don’t think I would have had the heart to battle BuriedAlive. Either that or Ash would have wanted to follow me to the Tower.”

        “And he would have died too. I wonder how he and Misty are doing right now.”

        Red shrugged. “Do you want to wash up?”

        “Why? Do I look that bad?”

        Red silently snickered. “No. I just thought you might want to.”

        Jen casually glanced up at the sky, searching for the Mews, but they were gone. “They’re either invisible or Mew managed to drag Mewtwo to some toy store. Poor Mewtwo.” She giggled to herself. “Alright. Go wash the smell of death off of you and I’ll meet you back here in a few minutes.”

        Red frowned and smelled himself. “I smell like death?

        He followed Jen inside and into the boys’ shower room, while Jen went to the girls’ shower room.

        Jen quickly unchanged and hopped into the shower. She grabbed the shampoo and conditioner and lathered her knotted hair with the shower toiletries. She shut her eyes and rested her head under the warm water, slowly letting the water rinse all the dirt and suds off of her.

        Once she was sure her hair was completely washed, she reached for the soap and began scrubbing her body, but stopped when she saw black and blue bruises on her abdomen. “Yikes. It hurt when Team Rocket attacked me, but I didn’t think the bruises were that bad.”

        She quickly finished her shower and got changed back into her clothes. She walked past her Pokemon and to the front desk.

        “Master?” Gastly asked as he and Vulpix followed Jen.

        “Hello, how may I help you?” Nurse Joy asked.

        “Do you have any gauzes?” Jen asked quietly so only Joy could hear.

        “Yes, I’ll bring some out for you right now.” She disappeared for a moment before quickly returning with a wrap of medical tape and a roll of gauzes. “Hopes it helps.”

        Gastly and Vulpix looked at Jen suspiciously.

        “What?” Jen asked as she slipped the medical supplies in her hoodie pocket.

        Gastly was about to question her, but stopped when Red entered the lobby.

        “Are you ready?” He asked.

        “Where are we going now?”

        Red didn’t answer as he led her by the hand into another store. The store clerk looked at them and gave them a friendly smile. “If you two are looking to rent some costumes, they’re all upstairs.”

        Red and Jen ran up the stairs with their Pokemon to find a room filled with rows upon rows of medieval clothing.

        “Sweet!” Jen cried as she and her Pokemon shuffled through the aisles of clothing. “Do you guys see anything you like?”

        Her Pokemon looked at her with worry, but in hopes to keep her happy, they picked out a costume for themselves. Jen picked out a white ranger’s robe and ran to the changing room. She took off her hoodie and shirt and quickly began wrapping the gauze around her chest and abdomen before slipping the costume on.

        “Red, do you have a costume picked out for yourself?” She asked as she walked back into the aisles of clothes.

        Red walked out wearing a knight’s suit with a red Charizard on the torso of his chest plate. Charizard stood next to him wearing a steel helmet and chainmail.

        “Nice. Two knights in shining armor.”

        Vulpix nudged her leg and looked up at her with pleading eyes. In her mouth was a pink cape and a plastic tiara. “Gem, cam mu elp me?”

        Jen nodded and knelt down beside Vulpix and tied the cape around her neck. “I now crown thee…Princess Vulpix.” Jen smiled as she placed the tiara on Vulpix’s head.

        Vulpix giggled and danced around the room in her costume.

        “What do you think about my costume, master?” Gastly asked.

        Jen turned to see a flying helmet with purple gas seeping out of every opening.  “Wicked look, Gastly.”

        Red knocked on one of the racks and signed. “I’m going to go sign up for the Hero of the Year tournament. You want to join?”

        Jen laughed. “Sure. I’m up for a tournament battle. Where is it?”

        Red walked over to the window and pointed. Jen followed him to the window and looked out at the town to see he was indicating to a large palace. “Cameran Palace.”

        “We have to wait a whole round before battling?” Jen complained as she studied the leaderboard. Only seven contestants signed up, including Red and her.

        “More people like to watch, than compete in the tournament.” Red explained.

        “And what’s the award?” Jen asked, crossing her arms.

        “You’ll have to wait and see. I’m up now. Good luck, cousin.” He waved as he disappeared into the corridor.

        Jen sat down on the wooden bench with her Pokemon, and waited for her name to be called. She would have loved to see Red battle, but since she was going to be competing she was required to stay in the waiting room until it was her turn.

        “I’m sure we won’t have to wait very long. Red will beat all of the opponents that face him.” Vulpix chirped as the sounds of cheering could be heard from the stadium.

        “Including us?” Gastly asked dryly.

        The trio went silent.

        “How many Pokemon does Red have?” Vulpix asked.

        “A full party.” Jen snickered nervously. “But it’s a one-on-one battle. Meaning he will choose his strongest Pokemon, which means I’ll need--”

        “Gastly!” Vulpix cried quickly.

        “Damn it!” Gastly groaned from under his helmet. He then began snickering uneasily.

        “You okay, Gastly?” Jen asked worriedly.

        “Yeah, I’m good. Just...hehe...I'm good.” He sounded nervous.

        “Gastly, you and Vulpix have both been battling for my mom and me for awhile. You have more experience than any of Red’s Pokemon. Just don’t let their size intimidate you, kay? You are a powerful ghost Pokemon whose loyalty is immeasurable.” Jen said reassuringly.

Gastly smiled from under his helmet. “Thanks, Je—master.”

        Jen let her head drop and sighed. “So close…”

        “Jen Marx, you’re up.” One of the staff members said.

        Vande was her mom’s maiden name, but ever since she learned the truth about herself and her dad, she began using his last name.

        Jen followed the staff member out of the waiting chamber and into the stadium. The crowds cheered as she and her Pokemon came into view.

        A brightly lit jumbotron hung from one of the walls, displaying her profile and a sandy haired boy. She looked across the field to see the boy dressed as a page.

        “Let the second round…begin!” Queen Ilene declared from her throne.

        “Exploud, go!” The boy cried as he threw his Pokeball.

        The large, purple Pokemon appeared from its Pokeball and roared at Jen and her Pokemon, hoping to intimidate them. Unfazed, Jen took out her Pokedex and scanned the Exploud.

        Exploud: The loud noise Pokemon. It is the final form of Whismur and Loudred. Exploud can trigger earthquakes by bellowing. Its howl can be heard from six miles away.

        “Alright, Gastly, lets go!” Jen said excitedly as she took his helmet from him.

        The boy didn’t hesitate to begin the battle as he blurted a command. “Exploud, use supersonic!”

        Exploud inhaled deeply as the hiss of moving air could be heard coming from the pipes on its back.

        “Gastly, use shadow ball, now!” Jen cried. Both she and Gastly knew that if Exploud used its supersonic, the results would not be pretty.

        Gastly quickly hurled a shadow ball into Exploud’s gaping mouth, causing the Pokemon to cough and choke loudly.

        “Now use lick before it can recover!” Jen barked, but the shadow ball hadn’t stopped Exploud’s attack.

        The loud noise Pokemon screamed. Jen’s eyes widened as the sound waves rippled towards her and Gastly.

        “This is gonna hurt…” She groaned as the supersonic attack hit Gastly and her. Gastly cringed and Jen covered her ears in agony.

        Jen heard the boy say another command, but her ears were still ringing too loudly for her to understand what he was saying. “Gastly, if you can, dodge!”

        Gastly stared at her…confused.

        “Uh oh.” Jen looked behind Gastly to see Exploud charging him. It was probably going to use body slam. “Dodge it, Gastly!”

        Gastly turned back to the battle and floated up into the air just as Exploud was about to crash into him.

        Jen sighed with relief. “Okay, now use lick!”

        Gastly gave her a pained look. “Attack myself?”

        “Ahh! No!” Jen yelped. “Use lick! Lick! Lick!”

        Gastly’s expressions relaxed.

        “Whoa! What just one boom’n minute!” Exploud cried. “Your trainer can understand you?!”

        Gastly responded by licking Exploud. The Pokemon shivered and back peddled.

        “Finish it off with a shadow ball.”

        “Dodge its attack and use supersonic again, Exploud.” The boy cried.

        Exploud jumped out of the way of Gastly’s attack and inhaled again.

        “Lick, Gastly!”

        Exploud screamed again as Gastly shot towards it. He was about a foot away when Exploud’s scream knocked him backwards, but it was what he shrieked that caused Jen to flinch.

        “CHEATER!!!”

        Jen bit the bottom of her lip. “Is this cheating?

        Gastly stopped next to Jen and grimaced.

        “Sorry.”

        “Huh? I’m supposed to say that, master! Why…no! Tell me what to do next.” Gastly said sternly. “Don’t listen to what Exploud said. We’re not cheating.”

        “Yes, you are!” Exploud yelled.

        “Where in the rules does it say trainers and Pokemon cannot communicate with each other? Oh wait, it’s a requirement!” Gastly shot back.

        “Ooh! Burn!!” Vulpix cackled.

        Jen smirked a little. “Use shadow ball.”

        “Supersonic!”

        Gastly launched a dark orb at Exploud as it inhaled. The Pokemon tried to dodge, but Gastly’s attack clipped it in the side of the head. Exploud fell to the ground and groaned.

        “Exploud is unable to battle. Jen Marx wins!” The official cried. “The next battle shall commence in five minutes.”

        Jen smiled at Gastly who looked frozen. “Gastly, are you alright?”

        “Gast?” Vulpix edged closer, worried for her friend.

        Gastly looked at them and began to glow. He was evolving! The gas that once surrounded his body was replaced with purple fur, and two detached hands sprouted from his body.

        “Finally!” Haunter cheered.

        Jen and her Pokemon were escorted back into the waiting chamber to wait for the final round.

        “Red is probably going to be our final opponent.” Jen said after awhile. “Are you ready to show him what you’re made of, Haunter?”

        “Oh yeah!”

        Vulpix sighed softly. “I don’t think I’m going to get used to this.”

        “What’s wrong, Vulpix?” Jen asked, looking down at her sulking Pokemon. “I can find a fire stone for you after tonight.”

        Vulpix shook her head. “Don’t do that. I…I just…” She looked at Haunter sadly. “You’re still Gastly, right? I know you’re a Haunter now, and I’m super happy for you, really, but are you still my buddy Gastly?”

        “Oh, Vulpix.” Haunter smiled sheepishly. “I will always your buddy, regardless of what form I take. But if you doubt me, go ahead and ask me something only Gastly would say or do.”

        “What’s her name?” Vulpix asked motioning to Jen.

        Haunter answered without any hesitation. “Master.”

        Vulpix nodded, pleased, and Jen giggled. “He hasn’t changed.”

        She was called back to the stadium a few minutes later for the final battle. Jen and her Pokemon walked back into the stadium again to see Red standing across from her.

        “You ready, cousin?” Red signed.

        Jen nodded and signed back to him. “Shall I battle your Pokemon?”

         Red was puzzled by the question for a moment, but grimaced when he realized what she meant. “Not funny, Jen.”

        “Sorry. Ready, Red?”

        Red smirked and tossed one of his Pokeballs out onto the field.

        “Let’s go, Red!” His Pikachu cried. “Sorry, Jen. I appreciate what you did for Red and Charizard, but we’re going to win Hero of the Year.”

        “Alrighty then. Haunter, lets kick their butts!”

        Red grinned as Haunter appeared next to Jen. “Congrats. Let’s see how good he is.” He stomped the ground and shuffled one of his feet.

        Pikachu snickered, cheeks sparking with electricity, and darted towards Haunter.

        “Haunter, use shadow ball.”

        Haunter threw two shadow balls at a time at the Pikachu, but the electric mouse easily evaded each attack. Pikachu then followed up by leaping into the air and nailed Haunter with a thunderbolt. Haunter fell backwards, but quickly recovered.

        “Come on, Haunter. Show me what you got.” Pikachu said, egging him on.

        Haunter rushed Pikachu and threw a confusion ray at him, which Pikachu nimbly dodged, but just barely.

        “Heads up, mousie!” Haunter cackled as he body slammed into the distracted Pikachu.

        Pikachu was thrown back a few feet by the attack, but was quick to shake it off. “Is that all you go--”

        Haunter rushed him again with two shadow balls growing in his claws. This time, though, Pikachu was not able to dodge the attack. Both shadow balls exploded in his face, sending him flying across the stadium.

        “Ouch…” Gastly muttered. The blast from the shadow balls had also hit him as well.

        “Come on, Haunter. You can do this!” Jen and Vulpix cheered.

        Red calmly snapped his fingers and stomped his feet twice on the ground. Jen and Haunter tensed as they awaited Pikachu’s next attack, but neither saw it coming. The electrical Pokemon zipped back onto the field with agility and head-butted Haunter.

        “Haunter?” Jen cried.

        Haunter quickly grabbed Pikachu’s tail before it could leap away and licked its back. Pikachu shivered and released a powerful burst of electricity, forcing Haunter to drop him. Both Pokemon fell to the ground, exhausted.

        “Come on, Haunter. Get up.” Jen urged.

        Haunter tried to push himself up with his new hands, but he was too worn out to get up. Pikachu on the other hand managed to get to its feet and remain standing.

        “Haunter is unable to battle. Red Ketchum is the winner and this years Hero of the Year.” The referee declared.

        Jen walked over to Haunter and picked him up. “Good job, Haunter. I’m proud of you.”

        Haunter looked over at Red and Pikachu and grinned when he saw Red carrying his fainted Pikachu. “If only I stayed up for two more seconds.”

        “Way to go, Jen and Haunter.” Red signed.

        “You almost had me, Haunter.” Pikachu smirked sluggishly from Red’s arms.

        “Next time, I’ll be the last one standing.”

        “So what do you win?” Jen asked.

        Red grinned at her uneasily. “I get to spend the rest of the night sitting on a chair and start the fireworks.”

        “Ooh! Fireworks? Cool!” Jen beamed. “Is there anything else?”

        Red and Pikachu looked at each other. “And…I don’t get to dance at the ball…tonight.”

        Jen was silent for a moment.

        “Jen, are you alright?” Vulpix asked.

        “Red…WHEN THE HELL WERE YOU GOING TO TELL ME ABOUT THE BALL?!”

        “You don’t like dancing?” Haunter asked cautiously.

        “And you can’t wear what you’re wearing now. It’s a formal ball.” Red added.

        Jen twitched.

        “Red, you should probably run.” Pikachu warned.

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

1K 114 85
Finally! It's the day, 10 year old Ethan had dreamed of since he was a little kid. He finally gets to become a Pokemon Trainer! Thinking that his jou...
66.8K 1.3K 48
[ this fic was discontinued] In which a girl named annalece lives in the world of pokemon, entirely bent on hatred towards them. Why? Because she wa...
323 12 7
Matt is a kid who loves Pokémon. He's always fantasized living in the Pokémon world, despite everyone's harsh teasing. That doesn't stop him, however...
570 2 17
Angel is 23, and has been a member of Team Rocket since she turned 15. After a mission, she begins to suspect Team Rocket isn't as altruistic as the...