What Am I?

Par Angelicdemonichybrid

Jen has always wanted to be a pokemon trainer, but her mother has forbidden her from choosing a pokemon for u... Plus

1998, John Marx
Happy Birthday! No Pokemon for you!
Libby! :D
Are You a Boy or are you a Girl?
The Guardians of the Lake
Kind Sister, Scary Mommy
Pewter's Gym Leader, Flint
Ash
Mt. Moon and New 'Friends'
Getcha Hands Off Mah Pokemon!
Ice, Ice Baby!
Masterless
Just Say Please
The Gathering
The Mews
Just My Luck
We Owe Her!
Uno...No Dos...Tres...Ho-Oh!
Reunions, Memories, and Bitter Pasta
Sabrina, the Mistress of Psychic Pokemon
Da Truck! :D
KABOOM!!
Earlier and Earlier
One of Us
The Tree of Beginning
Hero of the Year Tournament
The Hero Ball
Mommy Update
Mom, Rockets, and Memories. UGH!
Bye Bye...
Prisoners
I Didn't Do It! At Least Not This Time.
FREEDOM!!
Nimbasa City
More Explosions and Surprises
N
N's Castle and...!
Separated (Part 1)
Separated (Part 2)
For Whom the Bell Tolls
The Garden
Carnivale de Altomare
The Trials
Hide and Seek
HELP!
The Truth Will Set You Free...Right?
Mewthree
Wake Up!
Showing Off...
No Time To Say Goodbye

Sky Pillar

802 26 5
Par Angelicdemonichybrid

Jen’s rescuer lifted her out of the water and hoisted her onto its unseen back. Jen tried to say something, but her mind and body felt groggy.

        The being that rescued her immediately took off along the waves. The ride was so smooth that Jen, in her semi-conscious state, couldn’t tell if they were running or flying.

        “Where…” Was all she could muster.

        The being didn’t respond.

        She tried to lift her head, but it felt like it weighed a ton. “At least it stopped storming.” She thought to herself.

        The being moved faster once they passed the bridge that connected Route 18 and 17. Jen’s heartbeat raced as the sudden realization dawned on her. The being was taking her out of Kanto. It wasn’t rescuing her, it was kidnapping her!

        “N-No…take me…b-back!” She cried.

        The being quickened its pace across the sea, and slowly rose into the air.

        “This was the thing that my Pokemon and I sensed back near the truck. It was spying on Mew and my Pokemon, by why kidnap me?” She wondered.

        Jen managed to move her head enough to see that they were heading towards a large pillar that was set in the middle of the sea. She tried to look up at the top of the pillar, but it was hidden within the clouds.

        “Déjà vu?”

        The being soared through the clouds and gently rolled her off its back before becoming visible. Jen’s eyes widened as the red and white Legendary, Latias, studied her with eyes full of curiosity.

        “You appear to be alright. The ride over here wasn’t bad was it?” Latias asked.

        Jen just stared at her, mouth completely agape.

        “Eh, righty then…we shall just wait for the others.” Latias said cheerfully.

        Jen slowly lifted her Pokedex and scanned the Legendary for an Entry.

        “Ooh! Can I listen in?” Latias asked as she hovered Jen’s Pokedex.

        Latias: Latias is a highly intelligent Pokemon and is capable of understanding human speech. It can enfold its body in a glass-like down, allowing it to refract light to alter its appearance and become invisible.

        “Cool!” Latias giggled. She glanced down at Jen’s Pokeballs. “What Pokemon do you have? Send them out, silly! They’re probably cooped up in their Pokeballs.”

        Jen lowered her Pokedex and summoned her Pokemon from their Pokeballs. Gastly and Vulpix blinked when they saw Latias.

        “How did we wind up here?” Vulpix asked.

        “We really need to stop missing all of these exciting things.” Gastly muttered. “No more Pokeballs. From now on, we will always be by our master’s side, experiencing everything with her.”

        “I couldn’t agree more.”

        Jen smiled and put their Pokeballs away. She glanced up at Latias who was staring back at her. A confused and bewildered look was upon the Legendry’s face.

        “It’s as if you can understand me…” Latias said slowly.

        “Why did you bring us here?” Jen asked.

        The question drew Latias from her thoughts. She hesitated in answering, not knowing if Jen really could understand her. “You were hanging out with Mew, and I thought she would follow if she saw me bring you here.”

        “Did it ever occur to you to just ask Mew to come with you?” Vulpix asked curtly.

        “I wanted to, but she ran away when she sensed that I was nearby.”

        “That would explain why she fled earlier.” Jen thought. “How long are you going to keep us here?”

        Latias shrugged. “Until we can get one of the Mews to attend the Gathering. Then the other Mew should, hopefully, arrive soon after. So…you’ll be here for awhile.”

        “But once one of them arrives, we will be free to leave? Someone will take us back to Kanto?” Gastly asked.

        The Legendary nodded.

        Gastly and Vulpix grinned at Jen, letting her know that everything was going to be alright. She smiled back softly, already knowing what was said.

        A loud roar sounded from below the clouds. Jen pulled her Pokemon close to her as Rayquaza shot out of the clouds and hovered in front of them.

        “What is a human doing in my territory?! It’s already enough that I have to let a majority of the Legendries enter my turf, but a human? This is too much!”

        Jen tried to stifle a laugh as Rayquaza continued to complain.

        Rayquaza: A Pokemon that rarely descends from the ozone layer and appears as a meteor while in flying form. If it does descend, it is only because Kyogre and Groudon are to fight.

        “Are you kidding me?! Most people would be terrified by my presence, but this young human has the decency to-”

        “Rayquaza, shut up.” A loud and booming voice commanded.

        Jen looked around for the voice, but saw no one. The voice sounded human, but there was a sense of legendary power behind it. Suddenly, three large rifts opened in the sky as Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, and Arceus appeared. Jen’s eyes widened in awe.

        “Latias,” Arceus said sternly, “Was bringing a human to the Gathering really necessary?”

        Latias looked down at the ground and shook her head. “I’m sorry. I just thought that Mew would follow us.”

        “And why did you think that?” Arceus asked, sounding calmer.

        “Mew was talking to her…well, more to her Pokemon, but I thought Mew may follow if she saw me bring the trainer to the Gathering.”

        “So you just picked her up off of the streets and brought her here?” Jen couldn’t tell if he sounded more irked or amused.

        “I-I didn’t do that.” Latias began.

        “She saved me from drowning.” Jen cut in.

        The god-like Pokemon turned his attention towards her. Jen began to feel light headed as she took a couple of steps back. Being in Arceus’ presence terrified her.

        “Is that so?” He asked.

        Jen forced her gaze downward and nodded.

        “Don’t be scared, master. We are with you.” Gastly said reassuringly.

        Jen looked at him from the corner of her eye and smiled. Even though she knew her Pokemon wouldn’t stand a chance against any of the Legendries, just having them with her gave her some comfort.

        “Was luring Mew here with the girl as bait your only intent, Latias?”

        “No, sir! I wanted to save her too!”

        Arceus nodded, seemingly pleased with this answer. “Are you fine staying here for a while, human?”

        Rayquaza’s mouth fell open, but Arceus shot him a look before he could start complaining again.

        “You guys won’t hurt Mew or Mewtwo, will you?” Jen asked, looking up slightly.

        “All we want is to talk with them. If it brings you comfort, then I shall give you my word that they will not be harmed during the Gathering.”

        Jen sighed with relief. “Thank you.”

        Arceus looked past Jen and Latias as the sound of wings grew closer.

        Jen peeked over her shoulder to see the Tower Duo (Lugia and Ho-Oh) and the Legendary Birds (Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres). They flew over her head and landed next to Rayquaza. “Oh crap…

        “Master, are you alright? You’re shaking.” Vulpix said worriedly.

        “What is she doing here?!” Ho-Oh cried when it noticed Jen. Articuno and Moltres shared the same shocked expression as Ho-Oh when they turned their attention towards Jen.

        Arceus frowned. “You know her?”

        “We’ve met before when we were searching for the Mews.” Articuno responded.

        Lugia: It is the Legendary guardian of the seas. Lugia is said to spend its time at the bottom of the sea because its powers are too strong, and a slight fluttering of its wings can blow apart regular houses.

        Articuno: One of the Legendary birds with wings like thin sheets of ice. It is believed to have the ability to freeze water vapors and create snow. It lives within mountain regions, and appears to doomed people who are lost in icy mountains.

        Zapdos: The second of the Legendary birds. It possesses both electric and flying elements. This legendary bird can cause savage thunderstorms by flapping its glittering wings.

        Moltres: The third Legendary bird. Also known as the ‘Fire Bird’, this Legendary can turn the night sky red as it flaps its brightly, blazing wings. Its appearance indicates the coming of spring.

        Ho-Oh: It is the Legendary guardian of the skies. Its feathers are in seven colors, and it is said to form a rainbow behind it when it flies. All who see it are promised eternal happiness. Its most notable ability is its mythical power to resurrect the dead.

        Jen’s dropped her Pokedex and stared at Ho-Oh. Joy quickly began to flood her very being. “Y-You can…revive the dead?” She cried excitedly.

        Ho-Oh stared at her before nodding slowly. “Why does she even care?”

        “Ho-Oh, don’t be rude.” Arceus turned back to Jen. “You have lost someone dear to you?”

        Jen nodded.

        Arceus sighed. “It would be better if the dead stayed dead.”

        The joy that had filled Jen for a moment slowly drained away. “But…Red…he’s Ash’s brother…my cousin…” Tears blurred her vision.

        “Oh, no.” Vulpix whispered.

        “What if he died nobly?” Gastly asked.

        “In what way did he die nobly, and how long ago?” Arceus asked.

        “He battled a ghost called BuriedAlive, and won, but it cost him his life. I-I don’t know how long ago he died though.” Jen said softly.

        Arceus thought for a moment. “Did your Pokemon happen to cry over his grave?”

        “Huh?” Jen looked at her Pokemon confused. They both shook their heads sorrowfully. Neither of them had shed a tear back at the Pokemon Tower.

        “You’re not seriously going to tell her about the tears are you?” Ho-Oh cried.

        “This boy, Red, is a brave soul, and is the brother of the Chosen One. The Chosen One would want his brother back as well.”

        “Ash doesn’t even know Red is dead.” Jen muttered.

        Arceus sighed again. The other Legendries watched as he debated with himself.

        “You said that the dead must stay dead, Arceus. And the Chosen One’s brother has apparently been dead for awhile.” Ho-Oh exclaimed.

        “I see no problem for you, Ho-Oh. Those you have resurrected in the past have managed to return to their old lives as if they had never died. Fatal wounds and decay are healed thanks to your power.” Lugia pointed out. “What is causing you to hesitate so?”

        Ho-Oh, Articuno, and Moltres glanced at each other and grimaced. Jen glared at them. They owed her for attacking her earlier.

        “Please understand that this is not an easy decision to make.” Arceus finally said. “I understand your desire to have Red resurrected, but you mustn’t get your hopes up. Bringing the dead back to life is a serious matter.”

        “I understand.” Jen breathed. Her voice was still shaky.

        “I will have a decision for you after the Gathering.”

        “You’re letting her stay?! For the whole entire Gathering? No human has ever attended any of our Gatherings.” Ho-Oh squawked.

        The Legendries all turned towards Jen who flinched.

        “Well…at least she won’t be able to understand us.” Moltres pointed out.

        Jen sat with her Pokemon on the edge of the Sky Pillar with her legs dangling over the edge. The three of them had been sitting there for a while; going through the folder that Red had given her.

        She had found it when she was going through her bag. “So the battle I saw wasn’t a dream.” She had thought as she held the folder in her hands.

        Jen flipped through her old drawings and read the small, scribbled captions below the pictures. The first one consisted of a poorly drawn Ash and Pikachu staring up into the sky and seeing Ho-Oh. “Ash’s Journey Begins”

        The next few had Ash and Pikachu facing all of Kanto’s gym leaders along with Misty and Brock following them. Jen frowned. “How could I have known about any of this?”

        Once she went through all of the drawings with Kanto’s gym leaders, she came upon a drawing of Ash and his friends in a large hall with a couple other trainers. A Nurse Joy was with them, but instead of being dressed in her usual attire, she wore a dark, maroon dress.

        “My Master will be with you shortly.” The drawing of Joy said.

        Jen flipped the page over and gasped loudly.

        On this one, she had drawn Mew and Mewtwo battling each other while a gray Ash lay in the center of a giant stadium. Pikachu stood beside him crying as other crying Pokemon in the stadium surrounded Ash. Silver glitter swirled from the tears of the weeping Pokemon to Ash. Jen studied the title of the drawing, rereading it over and over again. “Tears of Life.”

        “That’s what Arceus was talking about!” Jen exclaimed. “The tears of Pokemon can restore life.” She turned to her Pokemon, beaming slightly as hope began to fill her heart. “We’ve got to get to return to the Pokemon Tower!”

        Her Pokemon nodded.

        “If it means you can be truly happy again, then we shall.” Gastly agreed.

        Jen turned back to the drawings and frowned. “But how did I know about this?” Sabrina’s words seemed to echo within her mind. “Maybe I am slightly psychic?”

        Vulpix shrugged. “Whatever you are, master, we shall remain with you, and stay loyal until the end.”

        Jen smiled and closed the folder, allowing her attention to drift towards the growing conversations of the Legendries behind her. There sounded like more had arrived while she was studying her drawings.

        “Where could those two be? I heard the Kami Trio almost had them.”

        “Ha! Yeah, almost, but they tricked them and fled the second Thundurus released them.”

        “And wasn’t that without using any mind control?”

        “Hey, what’s a human doing here?”

        “Don’t know, but don’t worry. Arceus said that Latias brought her here in order to lure Mew to the Gathering.”

        “And why would either of the Mews be interested in her?”

        Jen snuck a peek to see the Sky Pillar was almost filled with Legendries. Even the ones from other regions, and ones who couldn’t fly managed to come to the Gathering. “The flightless ones must have come over with some of the Legendries who can fly.

        “Arceus said that she is related to the Chosen One.”

        “Is that why she is staying?”

        “Dunno.”

        “If the Mews don’t show up soon, will we need to split up again?” This question was directed at Arceus.

        The powerful Legendry didn’t respond. He instead had his eyes fixed on Jen. She shuddered and turned away out of fear.

        “Psst!”

        Jen perked up and looked under her feet. It was Mew!

        “Mew?!” She squeaked quietly. “Arceus and the other Legendries really want to talk to you and Mewtwo.”

        “I know. That’s why I came.” Mew said. “I saw you fall during the explosion, and thought that you had died. I couldn’t sense you anywhere for awhile.”

        “Perhaps Latias hid our master’s essence from you while she took her here?” Vulpix suggested.

        “I don’t think so, Vulpix. Remember Latias wanted Mew to follow, so why would she want to hide our master’s essence from Mew?”

        Vulpix shrugged.

        “Where is Mewtwo?” Jen asked rather dryly.

        Mew looked around and shrugged. “He said he would be here soon.”

        “Will you at least let Arceus know that you are here, please?”

        Mew hesitated for a moment before flying over to Arceus. “Hello, Arceus.” She said calmly.

        “Mew.” Arceus said. “Where is Mewtwo?”

        Mew shrugged again. “He promised that he would come. He said so…telepathically, but he promised. Just give him some time to arrive.”

        “And how long ago did he make that promise?” Palkia asked.

        “A couple of minutes ago. We both were looking for the trainer girl over there after the human’s ship exploded.” Mew said gesturing to Jen. “It was only until just recently we could sense her again. I followed her and Mewtwo went off to Lavender Town, I think.”

        Arceus was silent when Mew mentioned the town’s name, while Jen’s heart skipped a beat.

        “Do you think he is going to try and bring the boy back to life?” Giratina asked the hushed Legendary.

        “He wouldn’t dare!” Ho-Oh growled.

        “He won’t be able to even if he wanted to.” Arceus explained. “His heart may have softened over the years, but he will not be able to feel true sorrow for the boy, thus his tears will not be able to revive him.”

        Jen sighed softly. “At least he’ll try?” She stared out at the sea, back towards Kanto (or at least she thought she was facing towards Kanto) and scanned the horizon for Mewtwo.

        Vulpix and Gastly, sensing her anxiousness, curled up next to her and waited with her in silence.

        Mew had come over to wait with Jen and her Pokemon. Jen began to pick at her nails and flip through the folder again, but her thoughts continued to drift back towards Mewtwo’s return.

        “How much longer do you think he will be, Mew?” Jen asked after awhile. She nervously scratched her sleeping Vulpix behind her ears.

        Mew shrugged. “I haven’t heard from him, but I’m sure he’ll—he’s here.”

        Jen’s head spun as she searched the sky for Mewtwo, but she saw no one coming. “Where is he?”

        Mew tapped Jen’s shoulder and pointed behind her. “Kanto was that way, silly.”

        The Legendries all turned towards the center of the Sky Pillar as Mewtwo landed before Arceus. He had his back turned towards Jen, and probably didn’t even notice that she was there.

        Jen climbed to her feet and walked to the center, but many of the Legendries blocked her view of him. “Is Red with him? I can’t see!” She thought. Her heartbeat was racing with uneasiness and excitement.

        “So you’ve finally decided to show up, Mewtwo. Why the sudden change of heart?” Arceus asked.

        “Mew said that she was going to come, so I decided as well.”

        “Is that your only reason? Mew also said that you were going to Lavender Town. Was there something there that you needed?” Arceus pressed.

        “Mew said that a friend of ours had seen something at the Pokemon Tower that disturbed them. I only meant to see what it could have been.” Mewtwo replied bluntly.

        “Hmm.” Arceus said, not buying what Mewtwo had said. “Did you find what you were looking for then?”

        “I believe I did.”

        “And is that all?”

        “Were you hoping for a better answer?”

        “I may have not been, but your friend obviously was.” Arceus replied as he motioned to Jen. The Legendries who were blocking her view moved away, allowing her to get a full view of Mewtwo. Her heart sunk when she saw that he was alone.

        His eyes were wide with shock. “How did you--?” He began.

        “You’re alone…” Jen sighed with a slight nod. “I guess the dead…should just stay dead…

        The sky seemed to become gloomier as her mood darkened with sorrow.

        “How did she get here?” Mewtwo asked, turning towards Arceus.

        “I brought her.” Latias answered. “She fell into the sea after the explosion and I saved her from drowning.”

        Mewtwo looked over at Jen who was staring down at her shoes. “She needs to return to Kanto.”

        “Why do you care if she needs to return, and why the rush?” Lugia asked.

        “She will be returned to Kanto as soon as the Gather has concluded. No one is to leave until then. Understood?” Arceus asked as he directed the question at both of the Mews.

        Mewtwo scowled. “Fine.”

        “Where have you and Mew been for the past couple of days?” Dialga asked.

        “I’ve been in my cave.”

        “And I’ve been hanging around, traveling the region.” Mew chirped.

        “Have either of you become extremely anger over the past couple of days?” Palkia asked.

        Mew and Mewtwo looked at each other and shook their heads. “No.”

        “Have either of you released any sudden bursts of energy that could have effected the region of Kanto or any other region?” Giratina asked.

        “Or tried to create another freak storm?” Kyogre asked. He and Groudon were being suspended in the air so they too could participate in the Gathering.

        “No and no. The last time I ever created a storm was the first time I met the Chosen One, and that was years ago. I’ve never attempted to recreate such a storm since.” Mewtwo replied.

        “I’ve never created such a dangerous storm before, period.” Mew answered bluntly.

        Arceus scanned the faces of the rest of the Legendries as they continued to question the Mews. “We are getting no where with this. From the Mews’ responses I can see and tell that they are not the ones responsible for the resent disasters. But who then…

        His gaze slowly drifted towards Jen and her Pokemon. She still looked crushed. He tried to read her thoughts to see what exactly she was thinking, but her mind was shrouded with grief. “How odd. This has never happened before…I have always been able to read one’s thoughts regardless of their emotional state…

        A loud roar ripped him from his thoughts and drew the attention of all of the Legendries and Jen towards it.

        Jen’s eyes widened when she saw the Pokemon and trainers growing closer. “No. Way!”

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

3.7K 57 8
Kiyoko Akio, a pokemon trainer that loves all pokemon and people Not only cute but have a big heart for anything Her dream was to give all pokemon sh...
8.8K 114 13
Being the younger sister is not easy, even if it is just by a year. Having a brother that doesn't know much about Pokemon is even worse. I am Willow...
570 2 17
Angel is 23, and has been a member of Team Rocket since she turned 15. After a mission, she begins to suspect Team Rocket isn't as altruistic as the...
319K 4.2K 87
A story where there is a boy named Ash Ketchum that one day he will acquire a power, a power that can rival even a god. His power will outmatched eve...