What Am I?

By Angelicdemonichybrid

Jen has always wanted to be a pokemon trainer, but her mother has forbidden her from choosing a pokemon for u... More

1998, John Marx
Happy Birthday! No Pokemon for you!
Libby! :D
Are You a Boy or are you a Girl?
The Guardians of the Lake
Kind Sister, Scary Mommy
Pewter's Gym Leader, Flint
Ash
Mt. Moon and New 'Friends'
Getcha Hands Off Mah Pokemon!
Ice, Ice Baby!
Masterless
Just Say Please
The Gathering
The Mews
Just My Luck
We Owe Her!
Uno...No Dos...Tres...Ho-Oh!
Reunions, Memories, and Bitter Pasta
Da Truck! :D
KABOOM!!
Earlier and Earlier
Sky Pillar
One of Us
The Tree of Beginning
Hero of the Year Tournament
The Hero Ball
Mommy Update
Mom, Rockets, and Memories. UGH!
Bye Bye...
Prisoners
I Didn't Do It! At Least Not This Time.
FREEDOM!!
Nimbasa City
More Explosions and Surprises
N
N's Castle and...!
Separated (Part 1)
Separated (Part 2)
For Whom the Bell Tolls
The Garden
Carnivale de Altomare
The Trials
Hide and Seek
HELP!
The Truth Will Set You Free...Right?
Mewthree
Wake Up!
Showing Off...
No Time To Say Goodbye

Sabrina, the Mistress of Psychic Pokemon

973 28 3
By Angelicdemonichybrid

She awoke in the Pokemon Center with Nurse Joy, Officer Jenny, her Pokemon and a few other trainers surrounding her.

        “Back off everyone. Give her some room to breath!” Jenny barked.

        Jen slowly lifted herself up from the cot that she was laid out on, and looked around. “R-Rory…where is Rory?”

        Vulpix jumped onto the cot next to her and laid her head on Jen’s lap, while Gastly looked away sadly.

        “You know about Rory Ketchum?” Jenny asked. “He is the hero of Lavender Town. He returned a couple of months ago to fight the ghost, BuriedAlive, but unlike countless other trainers who had lost their lives to that demon, he defeated it. Unfortunately, it was at the cost of his life.”

        Jen shivered and began to tear up again. Vulpix climbed up onto her lap and licked her cheeks. “He…is my cousin.”

        Neither Officer Jenny nor Nurse Joy wanted to correct Jen by saying ‘he was’. She looked so pitiful and crushed.

        “Do you want me to take you and your Pokemon anywhere?” Officer Jenny asked. “It is storming outside pretty badly. I can take you to the next city’s gym.”

        Jen just looked up at the blue haired officer, and nodded slowly.

        “Okay, you just take your time if you want to stay a little longer. I will be waiting for you outside.” Jenny said as she walked out of the Center.

        Nurse Joy turned back towards Jen and knelt down in front of her. “Is there anything I can do for you before you leave?”

        Jen was silent for a moment. “Team Rocket stole everything from me…can you feed my Pokemon?” She asked softly, and dryly.

        Nurse Joy nodded before disappearing into the back to gather some food.

        “Master…you’re going to eat too, right? You promised you’d eat after we battled Misty.” Gastly said as he laid down next to her.

        Jen didn’t look at him. Instead, she lifted her hand and blindly petted his head. “I’m alright. You two need to keep your strength up.”

        “She said that Team Rocket took everything from her. We’re going to need to be frugal with what she has left.” Vulpix said.

        Jen shut her eyes and pulled her Pokemon close to her. “Don’t worry about me. All I need are you two.” Even though her words were true, her Pokemon were still very concerned about her.

        “Here you go.” Nurse Joy chirped as she laid down two bowls of PokeChow and handed Jen a bag.

        Jen stared at the bag blankly.

        “Please take it.” Nurse Joy pleaded. “You’re going to need everything I have in here for you.”

        Jen nodded and took the bag.

        Nurse Joy smiled and walked back to her post behind the counter, content.

        Vulpix and Gastly hesitated before climbing down from the cot and ate the food. As they ate, Jen opened the bag and examined the contents inside. There were berries, potions, Pokeballs, a rain poncho and a few stacks of money. Her gaze drifted over to Joy who smiled back over her and waved.

        Jen sighed and reluctantly emptied the bag contents into her messenger bag. She waited a little longer until her Pokemon were finished eating before standing and walking out of the Center.

        Officer Jenny wasn’t kidding when she said it was storming. Rain was coming down in gallons and lightning cracked across the sky.

        Jen slipped on her poncho and picked Vulpix up, slipping her under the rainproof poncho as well. As for Gastly, the rain just passed right through him.

        “Are you ready?” Jenny asked once she saw Jen. She was sitting on a motorcycle in a rain poncho as well with an Arcanine standing boldly beside her.

        Jen halfheartedly took out her Pokedex and scanned the Pokemon.

        Arcanine: Evolved from Growlithe, Arcanine is known for its fierce loyalty and bravery. It can run so smoothly that at times, it can appear to be flying. Can only be evolved through the use of a fire stone.

        Jen put away the Pokedex and hoped onto the motorcycle behind Jenny with Vulpix on her lap.

        “So, where to?”

        “Saffron City…please.”

        Jenny nodded and started up her motorcycle.

        As they took off, Jen glanced up one last time at the Pokemon Tower and saw the silhouette of Red and Charizard staring down at her through the rain. Red saw her and waved. Jen’s heart sank again as she slowly waved back before disappearing down Route 8.

        Mewtwo had been flying for quite a while when it started to storm. It wouldn’t have bothered him, but something about the intensity of the storm unnerved him. The rain came down harder than a normal downpour and the lightning seemed to attack anything that moved. He had been almost been hit at least five times already.

        Other flying Pokemon that he had passed were not as fortunate. Many were struck down by the lightning, but not killed.

        “There was only one other time that a storm this violent was ever seen, and that was when I caused it.

        “Mewtwo, there you are!” Mew squeaked. Mewtwo turned just as Mew slammed into him, giving him a hug. “Some weather we’re having, huh?” She giggled.

        “I agree.” He replied dryly. “Did you return the trainer’s Pokemon to her?”

        “Yep. She was really happy to see them, and they were happy to see her…did she tell you how scary her mom is?”

        Mewtwo toned Mew out as she continued to blabber on about her experience with Jen’s Pokemon. He scanned the sky and horizon for any signs of Zapdos, the Kami Trio, or Rayquaza. They were the only Legendries he could think of who could create such a storm.

        “Are you even listening?” Mew grouched.

        Mewtwo looked down at her. “We would be better off keeping a close eye out for the others, rather than distract ourselves with talk of nonsense. We already made that mistake earlier.”

        Mew sighed and drifted away from Mewtwo. “Alright…buzz kill.”

        “What was that?” Mewtwo asked quickly.

        “Hehe, nothing!” She replied sweetly.

        Mewtwo rolled his eyes and continued on his course with Mew in tow.

        “So, where are you off to?” She asked, drifting in front of him.

        “I don’t know.”

        Mew froze and Mewtwo flew right past her. “Whoa! You don’t know? You usually know. You’ve always got something planned. It may not always be interesting, but you at least have a clue as to what you want to do.”

        “Mew, I don’t know where to go because all of the other Legendries are looking for us! I don’t want to be bothered by them, and I wish to find a region which is uninhabited by any Legendary. Got it?”

        “Oh…can I come?” She asked cheerfully, flying next to him again. “I know that that would make said region inhabited by a Legendary…okay two, you and me, but I wouldn’t want you to get bored or lonely or anything.”

        Mewtwo stared at her from the corner of his eye. “Something tells me that no matter what answer I give you, you will still follow me.”

        “I don’t want you to be lonely in this new, uninhabited region.”

        Mewtwo sighed. “It won’t be uninhabited. I’m sure there will be other Pokemon. I just don’t want the other Legendries to find us.”

        Mew squealed. “You said ‘us’. Does that mean it’s a yes?”

        He sighed heavily. “Yes, Mew, you can come with me.”

        “YIPPEE!” She cried as she did summersaults in the air. “We’re gonna have so much fun--”

        She was immediately cut off as a sideways lightning bolt soared past her, dwarfing her in size. Mewtwo stiffened as another bolt came their way. He unleashed a force field that deflected the bolt.

        “It’s the Kami Trio!” Mew cried.

        The three Kami Pokemon rushed the two Mews, ready to attack them again. Mew and Mewtwo met them halfway by launching projectiles of energy at them. Thundurus dodged the blasts, but Landorus and Tornadus were knocked backwards.

        The Mews turned towards the last Kami, but Thundurus reacted swiftly by sending out an electrical web around the Mews, trapping them in the air.

        “Damn. Why are you after us?” Mewtwo asked over the sound of the storm. “We didn’t cause the blackout!”

        “And is this storm really necessary?” Mew asked.

        Thundurus frowned. “You think we created this storm?”

        “All we did was hunt you down.” Tornadus added.

        The Mews stared at each other, and then back at the Kamies. “This storm isn’t your doing?”

        “We thought that one of you, or rather both of you, created it in order to try to throw us off your trails. The three of us almost lost our lives trying to find you in this tempest.” Landorus explained.

        “We were almost shot down too.” Mew said.

        “The other Legendries will probably believe that you two are still responsible for this.” Tornadus muttered.

        “So what?” Mewtwo said, slightly miffed. “The storm is just above the sea. No one else is being effected…right?”

        The Kami Trio shook their heads. “We each came from three different directions, from three different regions, and experienced the same storm. As we reunited to find you together, we also searched for the eye or a clearing in this tempest, but found none.”

        The Mews’ eyes widened.

        “Which regions were you in?” Mew asked.

        “Kanto, Sinnoh, and Hoenn.”

        “What about Unova and Kalos?” Mewtwo asked. (Kalos is supposed to be the new region in X and Y.)

        The Trio shrugged.

        “If you come with us to the Sky Pillar to talk to the others and Arceus we can sort out this mess. Only then can we see who is really behind all of this.” Landorus said.

        “And stop them before this gets worse.” Tornadus added.

        Mew grimaced. “What if it’s not a Pokemon that is causing all of this? And if we do find the cause, do we have a plan as to how to stop if before all of this gets worse?”

        The Trio and Mewtwo stared at Mew. “Since when are you the pessimist?”

        “I’m not being a pessimist! I’m just worried!”

        Mewtwo sighed and pointed to the electrical cage that they were still trapped within. “Are you going to let us out now?”

        The Trio looked at each other, silently debating with each other. “That depends, are you going to come to Sky Pillar with us?”

        Mew nodded and Mewtwo sighed heavily. “If it means we won’t be bothered by anyone afterwards, then fine. We’ll go with you.”

        The Trio smiled and the electrical cage vanished. “Come on you two.”

        Mew began to follow them, but Mewtwo quickly grabbed her and began to fly back towards Kanto. The Trio screamed in anger and they took off after the Mews, throwing lightning, wind, and energy. Mewtwo dodged their attacks and sailed straight into the storming clouds.

        The Trio quickly followed, trying their hardest to keep up and avoid being hit by an of the lightning bolts. The Mews were not having any luck traveling through the storm either. The winds were more violent and lightning seemed to come from every which way while in the black clouds.

Mewtwo summoned a force field around himself and Mew, allowing them to travel a little faster, but they had no clue as to where they were going.

        “Just keep going straight, Mewtwo.” Mew said encouragingly. “They won’t follow us for long.”

        Mewtwo nodded and flew faster for Kanto.

        It only took about five minutes to reach Saffron City. Jen and Vulpix hoped off of the motorcycle as Gastly and Arcanine came up from behind them.

        “Will you be alright here?” Jenny asked.

        Jen nodded as she looked out at the city. The rain seemed to be coming down harder.

        Jenny studied Jen for a moment. “Just call one of my sister or me if you need anything, alright?”

        Jen nodded again without looking back at Officer Jenny. Officer Jenny grimaced and started her motorcycle again. “Come on, Arcanine.” And with that, they both took off back towards Lavender Town.

        “Master, are we going to the gym now?” Gastly asked, hoping to draw Jen’s attention away from the earlier events.

        “Come on…we need to battle Sabrina.” Jen said dryly.

        She led her Pokemon in the pouring rain to the gym. The streets were cleared of pedestrians and their Pokemon, but that did not make it any easier for Jen and her Pokemon to find the gym. The rain was coming down so hard that it was nearly impossible for her to see what any of the buildings were.

        “Are you alright, Gastly?” She asked after a moment of wandering.

        “I’m fine, master. The rain doesn’t bother me.”

        “And you, Vulpix?”

        “I’m dry.” She said from under the poncho.

        “Good.” She said, sounding a little more normal. “We’ll be in the gym soon enough.”

        “You’re looking for the gym?” A female asked.

        Jen looked over to were the voice had come from. A dark green haired girl wearing a black raincoat walked up beside her and smiled. Her pinkish, blue eyes seemed to glow from underneath her hood. “I can lead you to the gym.”

        “Thanks.” Jen replied emotionlessly.

        She followed the girl for a couple of blocks before finally coming to the gym. They both walked inside and ditched their rainproof attire at the front. Jen quickly took in the design of the gym and watched in wonder as many of the gym trainers, who took shelter inside the gym, practiced lifting their Pokeballs and other small items with their minds.

        “Interesting what one can do with their minds. These trainers have practiced for years at this gym, but none have progressed far enough to be as good as I am.” Jen looked at the girl as she walked to the center of the gym. “Allow me to introduce myself. I am Sabrina, the Mistress of Psychic Pokemon.”

        Jen walked forward and nodded.

        “You don’t talk much…do you?” Sabrina chuckled.

        “Forgive me for my silence. I’ve recently lost someone dear to me.”

        Sabrina’s facial expression immediately grew grim. “Condolences. May I ask who it was you had lost?”

        Jen hesitated. “My cousin, Red.”

        Sabrina winced at the sound of his name. “I remember when Red faced me. He was a great trainer. His Pokemon loved him.”

        “I know.” Jen said.

        “Shall we test your skills too?”

        Jen nodded.

        Sabrina smiled as a Kadabra appeared next to her.

        Jen took out her Pokedex and listened to the Pokémon’s entry.

        Kadabra: The evolved form of Abra. Kadabras emit powerful alpha waves when using its psychic power. Sometimes being close to it while it emits such waves can induce headaches. The spoon it holds amplifies the alpha waves in its brain.

        “Interesting.” She thought. She looked over at her Pokemon and motioned for Gastly to come towards her.

        The ghost Pokemon obeyed.

        “Knock the spoon out of its hand. We’ll have an easier time defeating it.” She whispered.

        Gastly nodded and entered onto the battlefield.

        Without being given a command, the Kadabra started off with a psybeam, which nailed Gastly. Gastly grimaced, but shook the attack off.

        “Gastly, use lick.”

        Gastly flew at Kadabra, but Kadabra leapt out of the way just before Gastly could land an attack. Sabrina smirked.

        Kadabra rushed Gastly with a psycho cut, ready to slice through Gastly with its spoon, but it never got the chance. Gastly barely dodged the attack as it grabbed Kadabra’s spoon with its teeth.

        Both Kadabra and Sabrina were caught off guard by Gastly’s sudden steal. Gastly flew over to Jen and dropped the spoon into her hands.

        Jen smiled at him. “Good job, Gastly. Now finish Kadabra off with lick.”

        Gastly darted at the stunned Kadabra and licked its face. The Pokemon shuddered, not out of disgust, but out of the stinging pain from Gastly attack.

        “Now use shadow ball!”

        Gastly obeyed and launched the shadowy orb at the Kadabra. Kadabra shook itself back into focus just as the orb hit it in the chest.

        “Grr…Sabrina, are you still alright?” It asked as it clenched its chest.

        Sabrina nodded.

        “She…she can understand her Pokemon too?” Jen thought. “One more time Gastly!”

        Another shadow ball formed in front of Gastly, while Kadabra was creating another psybeam. The two launched their attacks at one another, creating an explosion between them, but not harming either one of them.

        Without hesitation, both Pokemon leapt into the cloud of smoke left behind by the explosion. The sound of more attacks being thrown could be heard, but neither Jen nor Sabrina could see what was going on between their Pokemon.

        Sabrina seemed to be focusing on the cloud with all of her might.

        “Gastly?”

        The smoke cloud cleared revealing both Pokemon to be down.

        Sabrina sighed, and summoned her Pokemon back to her side by using her telekinesis.

        “Good job, Gastly.” Jen said softly as Gastly drifted slowly back towards her.

        “Congratulations. You beat my Pokemon and me.” Sabrina said as she took out the Marsh Badge.

        “You just had one Pokemon?”

        Sabrina shook her head. “I technically have two, but my other Pokemon is not a psychic types, so I can’t use him during gym battles.”

        “Oh…”

        “You are disappointed? Perhaps next time you shouldn’t use Pokemon that were previously owned and trained by an ex-trainer. Then maybe all the gym leaders you face would be more of a challenge for you.” Sabrina’s tone was a little stricter.

        “How did you know that?” Jen asked surprisingly.

        “I can hear your Pokémon’s thoughts, just like I can hear my Kadabra’s thoughts. I am psychic after all.” She stared at Jen’s Pokemon for a little while longer, and her expression calmed. “Though, I do understand that your sister gave them to you for your mother had forgotten about them and denied you the chance to become a trainer.”

        “You’re reading my mind too?”

        Sabrina shook her head. “I can’t. You are keeping me from entering your mind…I’m impressed. No one, but my father can do that.” She then smirked. “It appears you are somewhat psychic as well.”

        Gastly and Vulpix looked at Jen in awe.

        “Maybe now we can tell her to eat without you having to jump on her all the time ay, Vulpix?” Gastly teased.

        “Doesn’t matter. I’m still going to jump on her.”

        “How can that be?” Jen wondered aloud. She knew that a lot of strange things had happened to her during the past few days, but did that really label her as being psychic?

        “I learned of my powers at a young age. Yours may just be developing, and if that’s the case, you just might become stronger than me.”

        “Huh? N-No! I’m just a trainer.”

        Sabrina looked at her humorously and grinned. “Whatever you say.” She then handed Jen the gym badge. “I do hope you come back to visit. All psychics are welcomed here to train.”

        Jen quickly pinned the badge to the inside of her bag and began walking for the entrance with her Pokemon following close behind. “I’m not psychic!

        “Aww! I missed the battle!” A hollow and mischievous voice complained.

        Jen turned slightly to see who was talking to Sabrina, and her eyes widened. Her Pokemon noticed her delay and turned to see what had caused it.

        Beside Sabrina stood a grinning Gengar.

        Jen shook with anger as the image of the dead Gengar and Red’s Charizard battling each other flashed through her head.

        Sensing her anger, the Gengar turned towards her and looked upon her with live filled eyes. Its smile dwindled a little, but it did not shrink away.

        “What is the matter?” Sabrina asked.

        “That thing that killed Red had a Gengar. A dead, soulless Gengar.” Jen growled. She held no grudge against this Gengar, nor did she want to hurt it, but just seeing it aroused a burning hatred inside of her.

        The rain outside seemed to come down harder now, for it sounded like a thousand Steelix were pounding away at the gym. The wind howled even louder than before and the lights flickered inside the gym before completely going out.

        There were a couple of gasps, but no one panicked.

        “Everyone grab a flashlight, and if any Pokemon knows flash, please use it now!” Sabrina called out.

        Everyone obeyed, and soon the gym was illuminated by flashlight and flash. Sabrina looked around for Jen, but she didn’t see the girl or her Pokemon anywhere.

        Sabrina sighed sorrowfully and glanced down at her Gengar. “What a pity. She could have been a great pupil, wouldn’t you agree my friends?”

        Her Pokemon nodded in agreement as they listened to the storm increase in power.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6K 153 7
In this fan fic Strange creatures named pokemon exist in this world .They come in a large variety.Ayanokoji the demon of the demonic fourth generatio...
1.9K 2 51
17 yrs old megan Ketchum, the daughter of former white crimson ninja, may Ketchum joined her aunt section 27 as serect agent like her parents did bac...
1K 114 85
Finally! It's the day, 10 year old Ethan had dreamed of since he was a little kid. He finally gets to become a Pokemon Trainer! Thinking that his jou...
3.8K 129 30
There was no fear, no pain, no sorrow, no war here. Only an overwhelming wave of peace, warmth and comfort. Innocent peace and comfort, as if he was...