Temper: Deference (WP Feature...

By Lila-Mina

March 9, 2019: Now a published story, available in ebook and paperback on Amazon (free on KU!). The three fir... More

Now a published ebook and paperback (on KU!)
Glossary of Japanese words often used in Temper
Chapter 1 - Just Another Manic Tuesday
Chapter 2 - Tempers Are Running High
Author's note & culture tips
And... it's launched!

Chapter 3 - Obedience and Respect

4.2K 163 269
By Lila-Mina

**Author's note: this chapter is explicit.

When everyone was gone, Lana joined Honda on the mats. As usual, he had folded neatly his hakama and sat now in seiza -- the 'correct' Japanese way of kneeling that so many adult Westerners find too difficult to adopt, legs folded underneath the thighs, and buttocks resting on the heels. This was his habit, but also what aikido etiquette required. She took place opposite of him, mirroring his posture.

"Martin san, let's talk about your attitude. I find it less than appropriate. There are some basic rules in the dojo everyone is expected to follow, even foreigners."

Lana straightened her spine, trying to smooth her face and hide her stupor at such criticism. "My apologies, Sensei, I never meant to cause offense. But I don't understand what I am doing wrong."

With narrowed eyes, he leaned toward her. "This, for example. You should learn how to apologize the proper way."

She couldn't help a frown. Apologize? For doing what? Time to play the language and culture card. Her professional Japanese was actually much better than her vernacular; it was easy for her to miss subtleties and hints.

"I am truly sorry, Sensei, is it the words I use? I don't know all the proper expressions... please tell me what I should say?" Her tone was even and proper, but the situation was ridiculous.

"No, not your words; your words are more or less fine. I am talking about your behavior. You are a student. A white belt. A woman. Twenty years younger than me. Bow! Lower. Your. Eyes! Don't look at me directly and assume you may challenge me!" he uttered, barely containing the booming earthquake in his voice.

Unimpressed, Lana pinched her lips and her fingers curled on her lap. The tension of her difficult day came back with a vengeance, sweeping away the benefits of their practice night. The man was infuriating, but he wasn't the first to act like this with her. She led business negotiations every day with shark lawyers and hungry CEOs who assumed she was there to take dictation or serve them tea. She respected him, all right, but unconditional deference bordering on mindless obedience, because of who she was? Hell no

"Sensei..." The growl in her voice was loud. She leaned so close she could see his quick pulse beating in his neck. His body heat washed over her, and she repressed a furious urge to inhale his scent. Come on, focus girl, now is not the right time for that!

"Yes, you are my sensei, and I should express my respect better, I guess. But I wouldn't grovel in front of my father, nor my husband, if I had one, and certainly not my boss. So, why should I do it with you?"

Lana knew she was out of line. She was expected to nod and keep quiet. There was no valid excuse for talking back to your instructor, or even your senior in Japan. A great example of cultural clash, but it was one of these days where she had to draw a line against cultural adaptation. I shouldn't be the only one making efforts here, he could also be a bit more understanding and flexible, damn it!

Honda's eyes blackened and his next move caught her unprepared. With one hand, he grabbed the jacket of her dogi, and pulled her easily to him, nostrils flaring; he was as strong as an ox, and had decades of martial arts training under his belt. With a strangled yelp, Lana caught herself on his arm and leg to avoid crashing onto his lap.

Of course, she should have tried one of the dozen techniques she had learned to free herself, but she had no chance against him. Her mind wandered off track again at such a close contact. My goodness, it's not just his arms that are hard. This thigh is as solid as marble. How would it feel if--

"This is unacceptable," he rasped, face inches away from hers. "Don't think natural skills and even less a pretty face can absolve you from your duties. You will not get a pass simply because you are not Japanese. You will learn your proper place in relation to me!"

She snapped back to the situation at hand, forgetting her dreamy train of thoughts and overlooking his awkward compliment. The nerves of the guy! He had a temper, all right, but this was something else. It was ridiculous to ask this of her! 'Mutual relation positioning' was something foreigners were not expected to do. 

Social hierarchy between people in Japan, and the etiquette rules that differed in every relation, even among family members, were much too complex to learn if you were not taught it from birth. This was outlandish. 

A storm of frustration and exasperation, and something else she refused to name, snapped the last threads of her self-control. "Really? And what is this place then? Please teach me because this silly little girl can't figure it out by herself..." she retorted with the low, calm voice she used with challenging clients.

Did she hear an actual growl coming from somewhere deep inside him? And was it only anger burning in his eyes? Her breath caught, eyes widening as realization struck her. No way! Is he also...?

Still clutching her jacket, Honda leaned closer, and in one swift move jammed Lana down on her back, even though her legs were still folded under her. She yelped and slammed the mats with her open palm, requesting release. But against every rule, he did not relent, far from it. The next second, he was over her, one hand on each arm, a knee between her legs.

"Here. Under me," he hissed, eyes staring at her mouth.

There were ways to get out of his hold, but the feeling coiling in her stomach stopped her from trying. 

Lust. 

It was now evident in Honda's eyes too, but Lana didn't believe this situation would resolve peacefully. What a particular way to make the first move! But who cares? This guy is one fine piece of alpha male, and angry sex... well, that's the best legal drug out there. But boy, you don't know who you've got under you. You're going to have to fight and show me your secret moves to keep me here! Not everybody gets to submit me in bed.

Lana growled in return and bucked her hips, which grounded him even more against her. It was the first time she got a real sense of his weight, and as fit and strong as she was, her mere strength would not be able to handle it.

The tension running in his arms and neck, his hard puffs of breath showed how much he struggled to keep himself in check. As infuriating, angry and aroused as he was, Honda was an honorable man, and would not force himself upon her; her consent had to be crystal clear.

"I see," she kept cool and quirked an eyebrow as if they were chatting over coffee. Lack of shouting and wriggling would show him she was considering playing his game. She raised her head as much as her position allowed, and whispered in his ear. "But what do you plan to do to keep me here like this willingly? Please be... convincing," she hissed before biting his earlobe.

Honda grunted; he released one of her hands to catch her throat and bring her back to the ground. His grip was light enough that she could breathe, but it was a warning. "I will show you, and then you will give me true obedience."

Lana took a deep breath, and locked eyes with him. "I swear I will, but only if you make me beg," she snarled.

Months later, she'd wonder why the earth hadn't shaken or lightning struck when she had spoken those fateful words.  

Honda's body relaxed, as if her pledge untied some knot inside him. Inhaling deeply, he thrust his thumb into her mouth. She licked it without breaking eye contact, a devilish smile fleeting on her lips. She was pushing it; she was trying her best to position herself as his equal in this tumbling game, and this was bound to make him even more frustrated and angry. This could actually be a lot of fun.

He brought his lips just over hers. "Oh, when I am done with you, you will. You will call me goshujin sama," he vowed with the first smirk of the evening.

Her eyes widened. He had used the very traditional word for 'one's lord' or... 'one's husband'. That was pushing this game a little too far! But there was no time to come up with a witty reply. His mouth crashed on hers, his tongue invading her. He was rough; he was overwhelming; he went for the kill. But because the goal was to make her beg for more, he was also systematic.

Busy kissing her roughly, Honda untied her belt and pants, opened her jacket and pushed everything away to get plenty of access to her body. His hand wasted no time fondling her clit and pushing two thick fingers inside her. They slipped inside as she was already wet, aroused by their verbal sparring. She couldn't help a low moan from escaping into his mouth.

Still, Lana refused to relent like this. Granted, this had been obviously a typhoon months in the making. But a pledge, her word, was at stake. She wouldn't offer him his prize on a plate. She launched herself in a battle of tongues, and see if she could invade him in turn. Her hand grabbed his dogi lapel to pull herself up against him, to show him her matching desire, but also to get some kind of access to his skin.

Honda didn't push her down, but pulled on her hair with his free hand. Lana's abs screamed, the only muscles keeping her up. She ignored the discomfort. There were many more important things than pain at this moment.

His hand left her wet pussy to untie his own pants. His hardness pressed against her entrance. Lana opened her legs as much as she could. Honda twisted her hair, broke their kiss and sunk his teeth into her neck. At the same time, he slipped into her.

Lana cried out, both in pain and pleasure. He hit deep spots inside her. She let go of him and arched her back, giving him more access. Her fingers caught his sleeve; she twisted it hard to hold on to something. Her other hand landed on his chest, and gripped it, not caring if she hurt him. Given these new aspects of his personality he was showing her, pain had to be at least manageable, if not arousing. As a form of retaliation, Honda kept on biting and licking the mark he had made, still buried deep inside her.

Hold it together, dammit, hold it! Don't give in yet! This single thought swirled in the back of her head. Her determination was nearly shot to pieces when he began to thrust at a fast pace. She couldn't move: his teeth still pressed her neck, like the jaws of some hungry beast catching its prey. Her nails raked his chest, leaving deep and angry red marks behind. Her head swirled at the tempest of emotions raging inside her.  

Honda released her before grasping her hips to turn her body face down. He pushed her until she was flat on the floor, squeezed between the mats and his body. She grunted, trying to get on her knees to gain some leverage but he was much too heavy.

He began pounding into her, and she could only let him have his way. His teeth grazed her skin again, this time on her shoulder. His harsh bite drew blood, which he sucked and licked away. His sheer passion, his bare hunger ignited Lana's arousal as much as his primitive rutting. How?How does he know? Why am I so turned on like this? Where does this perfect chemistry come from? It's crazy!

Heat shot from her core, and strangely enough, from somewhere right below her ribs as well. Her whole body was on fire, all rational thoughts evaporating like water under the mid-day sun. Sweat erupted on her back and chest. Unable to control her grunts and moans, she used the pain radiating from her shoulder to fuel her will. 

He let go of her shoulder, and without slowing down, caught her chin to turn her head toward him, claiming her mouth once again. Tasting her own blood in his mouth, she decided to return the favour one way or another.

Her orgasm was building up fast, but it was his own release and feral growl in her mouth that pushed Lana over the edge. Her body started to shake, and her eyes rolled back when she let out a throaty shout. For a few minutes, he stayed where he was, his body a warm blanket over hers. Lana hummed, deeply satisfied, while tremors still made her quiver. There was a problem, however, and both knew it. 

She had not relented. She had shown him her strength.

Without any comment, Honda straightened up, bringing her along to make her straddle him. Sweat trickled down her heaving chest to her navel. She swept her hair out of her eyes with an arm where tatami burns already bloomed in large bruises. But she remained steady.

Honda caressed her face; his eyes went to the bite marks he had left on the top of her body -- purple and red, showing the indent of his teeth -- while deft fingers pinched and twisted a hard nipple. A small moan escaped her; a hand went up in his hair and gripped it, the other roamed on his powerful and smooth chest where she had left slight scars. No trace of fat in sight. Damn, it should be illegal to look so good at his age. As intoxicating as infuriating.

He pressed his mouth to her ear. "You are strong; I doubt you met a man who could match you before me. But I know what it takes to overwhelm you."

Lana licked her dry lips and wriggled onto his lap, anger soaring up again. Oh, you're so full of yourself! Making me come once -- even hard -- doesn't make you the king of my castle yet!

She bit back a nasty comment and a grin. He would undoubtedly need some time to recover given his age. Instead, she went with a silent challenge: she licked his jaw from his right ear toward his mouth. Her nails dug deeper along his ribs, leaving new angry red marks behind.

Honda grunted, this time in a mix of pain and pleasure. He pulled her head back. Their eyes locked. His intensity, his iron will, and the energy coursing under his skin made her shiver with renewed arousal. 

An odd sense of recognition swirled inside her. A pull tugging at her bones, like rusty old gears getting back into motion. She could tame this man, but deep down, submitting to him didn't sound so bad after all. She had never been so exhilarated and aroused, and certainly not so fast. 

Honda pushed her down, but this time he kept her in his arms and moved with her, spooning against her back, his soft member against her ass. Her half-naked body was now exposed. In this position, there was no way to grasp him or hold him without exerting some significant effort.

His hand roamed over her body, caressing and pinching her skin. He kissed and licked her neck, biting her lightly now and then, making her shiver. Sharp teeth caught her earlobe and pulled hard. She hissed and tried to move away, without success. He had wrapped himself around her limbs.

"Ready, little mudansha?" he purred.

She blinked in confusion, but then felt his fingers at her entrance. First, there were only two, then three, stretching her and going deep. Little electric shocks made her sigh and groan, but while it was nice and pleasurable, there was nothing extraordinary to it.

She closed her eyes to enjoy a pace that was slower than before. He brushed her clit now and then, making her inner muscles clench around him, and licked her burning and sweaty skin. The guy had technique and skills, all right, beyond aikido.

But when he added a fourth finger, Lana gasped and twisted her upper body to face him, incredulous. No way! Is he going to... Just like this?...

Face blank, he stared back at her, a silent challenge in his eyes. She opened her mouth to protest, but words turned to a snarl as he slid his thumb in, completing the fist inside her.

Lana hissed, and shut her eyes. Her nails dug in his arms to keep herself grounded in reality. He wasn't moving, but his hand was overwhelming. To her utter embarrassment, sobs built deep inside her and swam to the surface. It was painful, yes, almost too much so. Still, there was no denying the intense growing pleasure mingling with a craving for more. 

Again, that pull, that tugging feeling. Deep inside her, something sat caged, and Honda, of all men, rattled its bars and nearly drove her mad.

Out of breath, sweating, half sobbing, she summoned all her strength to grasp his lapel again, and pull herself close. "What... are.... you... doing... to... me?" Lana grunted through clenched teeth, not caring to hide her anger. The onslaught of pleasurable pain -- or was it painful pleasure? -- made her light-headed.

"Making you kneel at my feet. Demanding your allegiance of spirit and body," he growled back, turning his fist inside her, and pushing a little bit further. Hearing his words, something exploded inside her and her vision turned black for a split second. She didn't groan; she roared. She snatched his invading arm, but it was of course useless: his wrist was so thick her hand couldn't cover it entirely.

He took his time licking the sweat off her neck. "Shall I stop? Is this too much for you?" He was deadly serious, miles away from taunting her.

And right then, she lost. "No, please! I... beg... you, I... need this... Honda Sensei..." Her body shook with repressed desire.

"Goshujin sama," he reminded her with a short bark, taking half his hand out.

She hissed in anger and frustration. A sob wracked her body again, and she twisted his jacket, pulling herself against him once again. "Please, goshujin sama!" she whispered, her voice low and tight, tears burning on her cheeks.

It killed her to beg, but she couldn't bear to lose that feeling before completion. He pushed back inside her and started thrusting, in and out, slowly but with purpose. Her world disappeared, her mind went blank, the thing inside her roared and broke free, and a crashing wave swept her away. She forgot her name, lost her bearings and finally consciousness for a few heartbeats.

Lana opened her eyes to find herself in his arms, face buried against a transpiring chest bearing the signs of her passion. His rapid heartbeat drummed under her ear, and for a split second, she wished she could remain there all night. Taking stock of her body, she realized something wet and sticky covered her back. She smiled against his skin, feeling smug and somewhat vindicated. Well well well... look at that... bringing me down to heel made you hard and happy all over again...

Their eyes met. She didn't trust her voice yet. To her intense satisfaction, his composure was far from pristine. Beads of sweat covered his hairline, and his breath was ragged. Honda gazed at her with narrowed eyes; her test was not over.

A new part of her wanted to be held and hugged, to be cradled. But the other part, the more familiar one that was strong as steel, did not want to hear about such things. Cuddling and whispering sweet nonsense were for lovestruck couples; whatever they were... it was something else. But what? What is this? What is happening to me?

Ignoring all of her sore parts, Lana disentangled herself, and he let her go without any further comment. She put her dogi back in order. Though her legs and nether regions protested, she drew away from him and sat in seiza.

She had gambled and lost, she had to relent and concede defeat. Caught in her burning desire and voracious hunger, she had pledged to submit, and she was not one to go back on her given word. Above all in a country where this was taken so seriously. And given how the guy knew which pleasure buttons to push.

She bowed her head to the ground, her forehead on her folded hands in front of her. "My deepest gratitude for this precious gift, goshujin sama, and my most sincere apologies for my behavior in the past," she intoned. She waited for his signal, but for a few minutes, nothing came. The only thing she heard was the rush of blood in her ears.

"Straighten up," he grunted.

She put her open hands on her lap and kept her eyes lowered to the ground, trying her best to school her reaction even though it was unfamiliar territory for her. To her surprise, he moved closer, within her arm's reach. "Do you understand now what I expect of you?"

"I believe I do." Truth to be told, she was confused, and more than a little curious. To go from such an extraordinary intimacy to an almost businesslike interaction in a couple of heartbeats was something new. It was quite different from past experiences, even one-night stands, because for a while there, they had exchanged something powerful.

Honda took her chin and lifted it up. He scrutinized her face, searching for clues hinting at rebellion, lies or hidden thoughts. She did her best to keep her gaze neutral and non-aggressive.

Fingers tightening on her jaw, Honda quirked an eyebrow, pointing at his chest. "You hurt me on purpose. Do you plan to repeat this in the future?"

Ah yes, my nails. That was fun! I wish I had drawn blood, though... Then his question registered.

"You plan to do this again?" she blurted out, surprise and hopeful anticipation welling in her.

Honda chuckled and didn't let go of her chin. "Anxious for more, aren't we? Teaching you how to check your temper and your quick tongue when it comes to me seems indeed to require more... practice. Answer my question."

Lana breathed in deeply, unsure of what would be the right reply. "It... would be my pleasure to do it again if you wish me to," she articulated. Hot as hell would be a better word, but hey...

"Better. And yes, I would have you do it in the future, as I will mark you again, in many ways. Your resilience is remarkable. It opens the door to many possibilities." His voice was calm and expressionless as if discussing some fine points related to an aikido technique, but his words sent new shivers down her spine.

"I thought you didn't want me to show strength toward you," she pointed out, face controlled, pushing down new waves of excitement at what he suggested.

His hand swept from her chin to her cheeks and finally rested on her neck. "Do not confuse obedient respect with weakness, or strength with childish opposition, Lana san. You will need all your resourcefulness of mind and body to handle me and my demands, and I will require you battle hard against me. I am not interested in dolls. You already saw a little of this today, didn't you?"

Again, some form of dark joy bloomed inside her chest. A kind of relief that left her wondering about her repressed desires. "Yes... So, does it mean you want to push me until I break?"

Honda tutted and clenched his hand on her neck, keeping it just below the threshold of pain. "No, I do not wish to break you at all. I want to make you stronger, to make you realize you can go much further than you think. But you need to put yourself into my hands, into my care, and accept I do know better, even when it comes to your body, and show me absolute obedience... within your limits of course."

Lana recoiled a little, baffled. OK, hold on, where are we going with this? "Forgive me, but I need to do it my way just for a minute." Time to test his willingness to respect her limits. He removed his hand from her neck, and she regained some freedom. She crossed her arms, moving into full business negotiation mode. "Will I be able to put an end to this if I want to?"

His eyes narrowed at her stiff and direct body language, but she didn't look away and even less stand down. He had to understand she was willing to play this game only because she liked it, not because he was domineering his way through. "You may decide to stop everything at any time. Of course, such a decision would not affect your aikido practice here, although be aware that I do plan to continue raising the bar of my expectations, given your skills and potential for growth."

She nodded, happy that this was out of the way. Moving on to the most important part. "How much will my consent matter?

"Your consent is key, and you must always express your limits. This is what I want: your willing obedience and sincere show of respect. We will decide on safe words and gestures you may use."

"And what would you call our... relationship?"

He hesitated. "Like the one we share in this dojo; you should see it as a form of training."

Lana couldn't help a frown. Training? Of the sexual kind? Is that what they called friends with benefits, a submissive or a mistress here? Well, fluffier emotions were to be kept at bay. All fine in her book. She had no time for that.

"I see. I understand, thank you. Well then," she said, taking a deep breath and once again bowing her head to the floor. "Then, goshujin sama, yoroshiku onegai itashimasu," she stated in a clear and strong voice.

This was an everyday polite expression of gratitude, but she had used the most formal register to increase their significance; this time, it went well beyond usual politeness. She was truly putting herself in his hands. Goosebumps broke out on her skin, and a sudden acute pain shooting from somewhere below her sternum made her grimace in annoyance. Not a good time for acid burns. 

Honda replied in kind and bowed to her in return, but not as low, because in his book his social status put him above hers. And now that they were into this dom/sub thing, he was even more entitled to it. While this still bothered her at some level, she had agreed to play his game. They straightened up again, and he bid her good night, leaving her in the deserted dojo to her own thoughts.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

136K 5.2K 60
**** COMPLETE **** This novel centers around Faith, a young black woman in her early 20s that's given up on the thought of love. That is until she fi...
95.9K 5.3K 39
Valentine Martin woke up in the early morning, scrunching her nose as she heard unfamiliar moaning through the wall. She sat up, massaging her face...
244K 9.1K 47
A stranger to her own existence, Kayla moves to a small town with the hope of finding comfort in fresh starts. But as she steps inside the unfamiliar...
334K 353 9
"I want to taste you, can I ?"He asked pleadingly I was gonna say no but the throbbing in my nether regions says yes. "Yes," I said shakily He then...