The False Hope (Attack on Tit...

Od Panilith

The person who lives to create, he who seeks to know, and damned to be used by others own greed and selfishne... Viac

Prologue
Chapter 1: The Lost Hope
Chapter 2: That Day I Was Reborn
Chapter 4: The New Era Begins
Chapter 5: Battle for Trost
Chapter 6: Courtroom Drama
Chapter 7: The Bonds We Share
Chapter 8: New Bond and A Shattered Heart
Chapter 9: The Mask Cracks
Chapter 10: A Way Out
Chapter 11: A Broken Reflection
Chapter 12: Standing Back Up
Chapter 13: Returning To The Cage
Chapter 14: Forever Together
Chapter 15: The Broken and The Rebellious
Chapter 16: My Freedom
Chapter 17: Ikaros
Chapter 18: The Old Age Ends And A New Begins

Chapter 3: The False Light in The Despair

8.5K 202 196
Od Panilith

(Y/n) = Your name

(F/n) = Fake name

(F/c) = Favorite color

(H/c) = Hair color

(S/c) = Skin color

Third Person P.O.V

As Keith walked down the rows of cadets eyeing them, he spotted a certain blonde hair boy looking rather nervous. In the eyes of Keith, he used volunteered to be yelled at. (Y/n) and Violet slowly followed behind him. (Y/n) had a worried look on his face as he recognized the blondie individual as Armin. Violet looked the same as usual, emotionless like a doll. Keith walked up to Armin.

Keith: "Hey kid!" he yelled to Armin.

Armin: "Sir!" he replied quickly with a salute.

Keith: "Who the hell are you?!" he yelled.

Armin: "I'm Armin Arlert from Shiganshina, sir!" he said.

Keith: "That so? A name fit for a retard! Your parents named you that?" he asked.

Armin: "It was my grandfather, sir!" he corrected.

Keith: "Arlert, why are you here?" he asked as he leaned in closer to his face to intimidate him.

Armin: "To contribute to humanity's victory, sir!" he said to Keith nervously.

Keith: "How very admirable. You should make first-rate Titan food! Third squad! About face!" he yelled out as he grabbed Armin's head and forcefully turned it around.

As Keith walked off to yell out someone else, (Y/n) remained, he walked up behind Armin and wrapped his arms around his neck, and surprising him.

(Y/n): "Don't worry about what he said Amon, he's just trying to scare you. You'll be fine, so relax ok?" he whispered into his ear softly.

Armin felt a shiver run down his spine and his face lit up.

Armin: "M-Miss G-Goddess, t-thank you! But my name is Armin." he told (Y/n).

(Y/n) eye's open in surprise and mentally scolded himself, he bit his lip a little, before recomposing himself. He was thankful no one notice his shocked expression or so he thought. Unknowingly to him, a certain tan skin girl next to Armin was looking at (Y/n) with the corner of her eye.

(Y/n): "I-I'm sorry Armin! I'm not very good with names, please forgive me." he apologized.

Armin only smiled, him hearing that the goddess was terrible with names reminded him of (Y/n). He also expected the goddess to be a bit more high and mighty, but he just found out they were kind.

Armin: "Don't worry Goddess, I had a friend who did the same." he said kindly.

(Y/n): "Please call me (F/n). We're all friends here." he told Armin before letting go of his neck.

As (Y/n) was about to turn around and head towards Keith, who was currently yelling at a girl with black hair, he stopped and noticed the girl next to Armin was looking at him. She was a tall, slender, and tan skin young woman with intimidating golden eyes. She has long bangs at the sides framing her face, which had freckles on it. She has brown hair styled into a ponytail with a red tie holding it.

She was staring at him intensely, which made (Y/n) slightly nervous, but he only smiled at her and waved a hello before turning towards Keith. He quickly made his way towards Keith with his smile never leaving his face.

(Y/n): 'Scary! I felt like she was tearing into my soul!' he thought to myself as he walked up to Keith with Violet behind him.

As (Y/n) walked behind Keith and Violet behind him, he passed several rows of cadets, three certain cadets stared at him in surprised, but didn't show it.

The first was named Reiner Braun, he has short blond hair, golden eyes, and a defined facial structure. With his tall height, broad shoulders, and serious expression, he had very intimidating presence.

The second was Bertholdt Hoover, a very tall, slender, tan skin young man. He has short dark hair, pale green eyes, thin eyebrows.

And lastly was Annie Leonhart, a young girl of considerably short height with a small, yet very muscular build and physique. She has moderately short blonde hair that is often tied at the back with her right fringe mainly draping over the right side of her face.

Time seemed to slow down for all three of them as they watch as a (S/c) skin goddess with green eyes and (H/c) bangs hanging down the side of their face walked by them gracefully with a beautifully carved walking stick in hand. They noticed that most of their hair was tied up into two braided buns with (F/c) ribbons in them and a slight limp.

As time resumed, they only watched as the goddess vanished from the corner of their eye. They all wonder if it was the same person who saved their lives when the wall fell.

(Y/n) continued to walk behind Keith until he stopped in front of a short light ash-brown hair with his sides and back trimmed shorter and of a darker hue. He has small, intense light-brown eyes, he was average height compared to others, but still tall compared to most other cadets.

Keith: "Who the hell are you?" he yelled to him.

?????: "I'm Jean Kirstein from Trost, sir!" he answered back quickly.

Keith: "What are you here for?" he asked?

Jean: "To join the Military Police Brigade and reside in the Inner Distract, sir." he stated catching Eren's attention.

Keith: "I see... So you wanna live in the Inner District?" he asked calmly.

Jean: "Yes, sir." he said proudly.

It didn't even take a second before Keith's head met Jean's as he headbutted him. This resulted in Jean falling to his knees and he curled up while holding his head due to the pain. This action shocked (Y/n).

Keith: "Who gave you permission to sit?! If you can't handle even handle that, then you'll never make it into the Military Police Brigade!" he yelled angrily as he walked off looking for his next victim.

(Y/n) quickly and carefully rushed over to Jean and crouch down to him.

(Y/n): "Are you alright? Are you bleeding?" he asked worriedly.

Jean: "Y-Yes, I'm fin-" he was about to say until he came face to face with (Y/n), who was looking at him worriedly.

Jean: "A goddess." he muttered as (Y/n) helped him up.

(Y/n): "If you no longer feel well, please go to the medical officer." he told Jean as he quickly tried to catch up with Keith, who was steaming towards his next victim.

Keith: "And who the hell are you? What did you come here for?" he asked.

Keith was talking to a young man, who was average in height with a broad, muscular build. He had short, parted black hair, freckles, and light brown eyes. He seemed nervous and smiled at Keith.

?????: "I'm Marco Bott from Jinae in Wall Rose's Southern District, sir! I came to join the Military Police Brigade and pledge myself to the King!" he said proudly and nervously to Keith.

Keith: "Is that so? Good man. A noble objective. But remember: the King doesn't want you." he said harshly as he got extremely close to his face.

With that Keith walked away with (Y/n) walking behind him feeling sorry for Marco. Keith had to say that, sure it's probably true, but it was still harsh to just tell him bluntly.

Keith: "Next, you there! Who the hell are you?" he asked a short cadet making him scared.

He was a short, slim build young man with bright hazel eyes. His head is distinctively kept shaved.

?????: "I'm Connie Springer from Ragako in Wall Rose's Southern District, sir!" he said nervously.

(Y/n) looked at Connie with fear in his eyes. He noticed that Connie messed up the salute and from he remembers from Keith, There is no way that he would let this slide. He was right to be scared for Connie because Keith immediately picked him up by the head.

Keith: "Listen up, Connie Springer! This was one of the first things you were taught: That salute means you're offering your heart to the king! Is your heart on the right side, shithead?!" he asked Connie angrily.

Right before (Y/n) could step in to help Connie, he felt someone tap his shoulder. He looked back to see Violet staring at him, she pointed towards a direction, and he followed her finger. What he saw next made him think Connie was having a good time with Keith because if he saw what (Y/n) saw then he would freakout.

In front of (Y/n)'s eyes, he saw a young woman with light brown eyes and reddish brown hair kept in a ponytail that reaches the base of her neck. Her bangs are parted slightly on the right cascading down each side of her face and stopping around the middle of her neck. But what she was doing was going to get her killed by Keith. She was eating. A potato. When food is short and when she's suppose to be at attention.

The amount of courage she has was immeasurable. That was when the girl made a fatal mistake of taking a loud bite. This caught everyone's attention and Keith dropped Connie like a brick as he moved over to the girl calmly with (Y/n) following after him visible shaking in fear to what Keith will do. Violet held (Y/n) closely in attempt to comfort him.

Keith: "Hey, you... What the hell are you doing?" he asked calmly.

She seemed to not notice him talking to her or she was ignoring him, either way Keith got in her face angrily.

Keith: "You! I'm talking to you! Who the fuck are you?!" he yelled.

That was when she immediately swallowed the piece of potato in her mouth and saluted Keith perfectly with a half-eaten potato in hand.

?????: "I'm Sasha Blouse from Dauper in Wall Rose's Southern District, sir!" she told him with no hesitation or nervousness being shown.

Keith: "Sasha Blouse... What's that you're holding in your right hand?" he asked seriously.

Sasha: "A steamed potato, sir! I came across it in the kitchen, so I picked it up!" she emitted the truth.

Keith: "You mean you stole it? Why? Why are you eating a potato right now?" he asked her curiously.

Sasha: "I wanted to eat it while it was still warm, so I figured it was now or never, sir." she stated.

Keith: "No... I don't get it. Why are you eating a potato?" he asked her.

Sasha: "Are you asking why people eat potatoes in general, sir?" she asked.

The moment she asked that the entire training ground was dead silent, the only thing that could be heard was the wind blowing as Keith stared at Sasha dumbfounded. (Y/n) on the other hand was well...(Y/n)... was almost impressed. He was like "wow", when he witness this.

But suddenly Sasha gasp as if she understood what Keith meant. She broke the potato into two pieces. One piece had one-fourth of the potato, while the other had three-fourths of it. She looked disappointed, but slowly lifted up the smaller piece to Keith.

Sasha: "Tch, take a "half" for yourself, sir." she told him.

But right before Keith could say anything, the sound of someone giggling was echoed through the camp. Everyone looked over to see (Y/n) covering their mouth as they attempted to suppress the giggle, but failed horrible. He found this amusing, but once Sasha saw him, she handed out the smaller piece to (Y/n), who took it still laughing.

Sasha: "Please accept my humble offering Miss Goddess!" she yelled out.

(Y/n): "I...hahaha... accept." he said as he giggled and taking the piece in his hand.

Sasha seemed happy, while Keith only looked at the piece of potato in (Y/n)'s hand.

Keith: "...Half?" he asked.

(Y/n) P.O.V

(Small timeskip brought to you by (Y/n) laughing at Keith as they sat in his office with the piece of potato still in (Y/n) hand)

Me: "Ahahahaha that was amazing! I mean, not only did she said something like that, but she made you seem like a fool!" I laughed at Keith as he hung his head down in shame.

Keith: "She just caught me off-guard...I didn't expect her to be a moron." he stated to me quietly.

I limped over to his desk and placed my hand of his shoulder. Keith looked up to me and saw that I lifted up the piece of potato Sasha gave me and I smiled at him.

Me: "Don't worry Keith... you can have half if you want?" I teased him.

I saw as the anger in his eyes began to emerge and I quickly made my way to the door scared as I opened and closed it behind me. I could hear Keith yelling at me angrily as I limped away nervously. I noticed that Violet was waiting for me. I smiled to how kind she was to me.

We made our way to the mess hall to get our food when I noticed that Sasha or Potato Girl as everyone calls her is still running. I felt for the poor thing, she's been at it for five hours and on top of that, she is not allowed to have dinner. I looked down to the piece of potato she gave me and a smile formed on my face. I think I should repay her humble offering.

As we entered the mess hall, I noticed that a lot of people were crowding around Eren and I felt a smile form on my face. We began making our way around them and got our food. As we looked for a table I spotted Akame and Kurome sitting together with Mika at their table. Now that I look at them, all three of them could easily be mistaken for sisters. The thought of them all dressing up in similar clothing made me want to squeal, but I manage to contain it.

When we got closer, Kurome spotted me and smiled. She patted to the empty spot next to her indicating that she wanted me to sit next to her. I nodded and limped over to them and sat next to Kurome and placing my food with the piece of potato on the table. Violet sat next to Mika, who was sitting next to Akame. Kurome quietly brought out her bag of cookies I gave to her when she left for training and gave me a cookie. I thanked her as I nibbled on it like a mouse happily.

That's was when Eren began telling them about the time the Colossal Titan and they were talking about the size. That was when a girl named Mina Carolina asked about it's appearance. Making me think about it.

Me: "Mmmm if I remember correctly... it looks like a human being without skin." I said out loud to myself as I crossed my arms.

This seemed to catch everyone's attention.

Eren: "You saw it? Were you there Miss Goddess?!" he asked me.

I nodded my head to him with a frown.

Me: "Such a horrible day for humanity. So much death and suffering." I said sadly.

Eren remained quite before opening his mouth.

Eren: "Have you... by any chance seen a boy with long (H/c) hair with (S/c) wearing armor with a long cape with fur around the collar?" he asked.

This seemed to catch Mika attention as she stared at me as if she was reading my soul if I say a lie.

I pretended to think about it before pretending to suddenly remember.

Me: "By any chance did he have a cane that was a firearm?" I asked Eren.

Everyone looked at me as if I was crazy. A cane that was a firearm? Impossible, they would think, but not to me! Eren and Mika eyes lit up with excitement.

Eren: "Yes! That's him! You met him?" he asked me.

Me: "Yes, during the chaos, I met him. He extremely kind. But we were separated when a Titan came at us when we were near his horse. So I offered myself as a distraction so he may escape on his horse. The last time I saw him was when he road towards the main gate to leave Shiganshina." I told him.

A sigh of relief seemed to sweep over them, when I told them this. I wished I didn't have to lie, but this was for the sake of humanity.

Eren: "So he's alive! If he was on horseback than he made it to Wall Rose before the Titans got even close! Looks like he's somewhere in the wall not out." he stated happily before going back to answering everyone's questions. That was until they began talking about joining the Survey Corps.

I looked down at my food and smiled. The smile was a lie, but I needed to keep the act up. I decided it was time to sneak Sasha some food. I quickly grabbed a entire steam potato and hid it in my jacket pocket as I grabbed the piece Sasha gave me. I stood up and told everyone at my table that I was retiring for the night.

With that I began walking towards the exit and out the door, but was stopped by someone, who placed their hand on my shoulder. I turned around to see Mika looking at me. She looked me normally... meaning I couldn't tell what she was feeling since she was showing no expression.

Me: "Y-Yes?" I asked nervously.

Mikasa: "You seem nervous. Is something wrong?" she asked me.

Me: "Eric- I mean your friend Eren. He plans to join the Survey Corps, yes?" I asked her as I looked up at the stars.

Mikasa: "It was his dream since he was little." she stated.

Me: "He reminds me of something I used to know. She was a lot like Eren. Straightforward, hotheaded, gets along with everyone, kind, and loud. I thought of her as a older sister. But then she joined the Survey Corps and went on her first expedition... she never came back." I said as I let out a long sigh.

Me: "My point is that I'm scared to see others join the Survey Corps only for them to die so quickly." I stated.

I felt something rub my head for a brief moment before lifting up. I turned around only to look up and see Mika staring down at me with a ghost of a smile on her face.

Mikasa: "You're to kind for your own good." she stated before she began walking back inside.

Me: "Thank you Mika!" I said happily before limping my way to Sasha.

But I noticed that Mika footsteps seemed to stop as I began to leave. I figured that she was just stopped by something and continued to make my way to the female barracks seeing that would be the place Sasha would go to after running. I decided to wait away from the barracks for Sasha. As I waited for a few minutes, I noticed the sound of someone walking up behind me. I turned to look only to see someone who seemed oddly familiar.

She has long blonde hair, large blue eyes, she was wearing a white blouse with a light grey short cloak and a long red skirt. She was very pretty.

Me: "Angel?" I muttered to myself as I stared at her.

She seemed to hear me and looked down in shock.

?????: "Miss Goddess? Why are you here?" she asked as she quickly hid something behind her back.

I looked to her careful before bringing a finger up to my lips.

Me: "I'll tell you, but don't say anything to Keith. He'll kill me if he finds out." I told her as I reach into my jacket.

I picked out a steamed potato that was still warm and showed it to the pretty girl.

Me: "I felt sorry for Sasha since she would be forced to not eat after a workout and since she gave me an offering. I figured this was the least I could do for her." I told the girl.

The girl seemed surprised by this and decided to sit down next to me. She slowly brought out a leather drinking pouch and a piece of bread from behind her. So she also brought food for Sasha as well.

Me: "So you brought food and water for Sasha? How kind of you? So what's your name?" I asked happily as I pulled her into a hug.

?????: "K-Krista, Krista Lenz." she told me shyly.

I only squealed to how adorable she was. I only hugged her even tighter as I rubbed my face against hers.

Me: "You're so cute! How could something as cute as you decide to join the military?" I asked still hugging her.

Krista remained quite. I guess she didn't want to talk about it and that's understandable. Everyone has their reasons and some people didn't want to share their own. So I only rubbed her head gently.

Me: "Don't worry. You don't need to tell me. Just know if you need someone to talk to, I'm here ok?" I told her, which she nodded.

That was when we heard the sound of footsteps and someone panting. We looked over to see Sasha slowly making her way towards the barracks before collapsing onto the ground near the torch. Krista and I looked at each other before smiling at on another. I wrapped her left arm with my right arm and we began making our way to Sasha. I was glad that Krista was around my size even if I was slightly taller than her.

As we walked closer and closer to Sasha everything seemed to be fine until she suddenly came to life and with the stance and speed of a wild beast, she jumped towards us causing us to scream in terror. I quickly pulled Krista towards me and hugged her as Sasha snatched the bread away from Krista. We both landed on the ground hugging each other as we looked over to Sasha with fear in our eyes. It was as if Sasha was really possessed by a beast. That was when she suddenly relaxed.

Sasha: "Bread?!" she yelled in excitement.

Krista: "That was all I could save you. But... you should drink water first." she told her as she slowly lifted up the leather drinking pouch with her free hand.

Me: "And when you're done with the bread, I brought you a steamed potato." I stated as I lifted up the potato with my free hand.

Sasha looked at us weirdly before rushing over towards the both of us placing a hand on Krista shoulder.

Sasha: "Goddesses? Are you both... Goddesses?!" she asked us making Krista and I more scared as we held each other tightly.

?????: "Hey, what are you doing?" a female voiced asked us.

We all looked over to see the tan girl from before. When Sasha noticed this, she quickly snatched the steamed potato out of my hands and began eating it and the bread quickly.

Krista: "Well... she's been running all day long. So we thought..." she said nervously.

?????: "Seems like you're both just trying to do a good deed." she stated as she looked at us.

With that Sasha passed out from eating and her head landed on Krista lap.

?????: "Was it just for the sake of potato girl? Were your efforts worthwhile?" she asked us.

Krista remained quite, but I stood up and walked up to the girl who was much taller than me. Now that think about it, this was a terrible idea. She looked down at me as I began shaking nervously.

Me: "Y-Yes! I-It was! I-It's good to do good deeds. S-So...um... it was worthwhile... maybe?" I stuttered to the intimidating girl.

She only looked down at me with me shaking before rubbing my head roughly.

?????: "Whatever. Let's just carry her back to her bed." she said as she walked passed me and over to Sasha and picked her up by the arms.

Krista: "Are you trying to do a good deed as well?" she questioned the tall girl.

?????: "I'm just doing her a favor to put her in my dept. Her stupidity could come in handy later." she announced as I went to pick up Sasha's legs.

We began taking her inside the barracks as Krista opened the door and guided us. The tan girl and I dropped Sasha on her bed. I turned to the girl with a curious look on my face.

Me: "Um... we never got your name?" I told the her.

?????: "It's Ymir, just Ymir." she told us as she walked up to her bed and began changing into her nightgown.

I didn't know why, but I felt my face heat up a little. I quickly turned away and began limping quickly to the door while saying goodbye. With that I opened the door and closed it behind me. When I got outside I began walking away from the female barracks entirely and just wandered around looking at the sky.

After returning to Wall Rose, I been working hard on my art. My greatest art for the Garrison is almost halfway done, but I was still having issues with the cannons. They were far to weak and short ranged. I needed more firepower, so I been working on designs.

I smiled happily just thinking about designing and creating my art. But I suddenly heard the sound of someone calling out my name. I looked over to see Mika holding a pair of scissors.

(Timeskip brought to you by (Y/n) cutting Mikasa hair for her, while Mikasa appeared to be thinking about something as she glanced to (Y/n)

Today was the day where we start to actually test the cadets to see if they are even capable of being soldiers. So it was time to test them and see if they are able to adapt to the Three-D Maneuver Gear with a balance structure design to see someone's balance. So Keith had Violet demonstrate behind him while he talked to the cadets that stood in front of him. Since Violet was already a pro at using it since before I even met her. She was barely even moving.

Keith: "I know many of you are eager to get training right away! But, first, your aptitude will be tested. Those who fail are not even worthy to serve as bait. Look here! Miss Smith is one of the Survey Corps best! Look at how she is barely even moving. Maybe one day you will be the same, but for now, you are to try and just stay up and not fall. But if you are unable to do even that, then failures will be sent to the reclaimed lands!" he announced to everyone.

With that, I began lowering Violet down to the ground and began complimenting her. Once Violet took of the hooks from her harness, we went to our assigned spots to examine the cadets. I was assigned to the first one and help the cadets get the harness on and lifted them up.

After a few minutes, things so far have been going good, they been passing. Then Mika came up and I hooked her up. I lifted her into the air and watched in amazement.

Me: "Wow! You're doing amazing Mika! You're barely even wobbling! This is your first time doing this, that's amazing!" I complimented her.

She looked down at me and just stared at me. I was beginning to feel nervous.

Me: "...hehehe I'll... I'll just get you down." I said nervously as I rushed over to the lever and lowered her down.

I unhooked her and watched as she began to walk to the side just staring at me. So now when I examine a cadet, I always feel like I'm being watch only to turn around to see that it was Mika. Then after a few more cadets, I noticed a certain brown hair boy walked up in front of me with a smile on his face.

Eren: "Watch and be amazed Miss Goddess! I'm not even going to move!" he stated to me.

Me: "Really?! If you manage that, then you will be as good as humanity's strongest soldier and please call me (F/n)!" I told him.

He only smiled when I said that, but then I began shaking just thinking about Levi-bro. Eren seemed to noticed this.

Eren: "What's wrong?" he asked.

Me: "It's just... Levi-bro trained me in using the Maneuver Gear and he was scary. He made it so that my aptitude would be tested over a fire pit. I nearly fell in." I stated to him shaking in fear.

Eren: "Why would he do that?!" he yelled out in surprised.

After that brief conversation, I hooked Eren up and began lifting him into the air. He lasted a good three seconds before flipping upside down.

Me: "...Eric- Eren, you're suppose to balance yourself when your right side up not upside down." I told him as a drop of sweat rolled down the side of my head.

That was when I heard footsteps behind me and when I looked back, I saw Keith walking up to us. Once he got here, he crouch down to Eren.

Keith: "What the hell are you doing, Eren Yeager?! Raise your upper body!" he yelled to Eren.

Eren had a look of absolute horror as people around us began snickering at him. I felt bad for him and so I lowered him down. I walked over to him and crouch down and unhooked him.

Me: "Don't worry, come back here later today and I'll try and help you ok?" I told him.

He looked up to me with a thankful look on his face and nodded. He got up and began walking away. I sighed before Akame walked up to me and smiled.

Me: "Hello there Akame, you ready?" I asked.

She nodded, but before I could say another word, she pointed towards Violet. When I looked over to see Kurome in the air barely wobbling as she glared as Violet, who only stared back. I swore I could see the sparks flying. I looked back to Akame and we both used smiled at their rivalry. I had a feeling this was going to be my entire day.

(Small timeskip brought to you by Akame holding Kurome back as she attempted to attack Violet, who was doing (Y/n) hair)

After a few hours, I went back to the Maneuver Gear training area with Eren before dinner. He seemed stressed out. I can't really blame him though. His dream of becoming a Scout depends on passing this test. As we arrived to the Maneuver Gear training area, I began to hook Eren up to the training device.

Eren: "Armin? Mikasa? What are you two doing here?" I heard him ask.

I looked back to see Armin and Mika walking over to us. I couldn't help, but smile. They were such good friends.

Armin: "We were worried that about you doing something reckless, so we came looking for you. But it looks like you have someone here watching over you." he stated as he gestured to me.

Mika looked over to me thankfully and I only nodded. I guess, I'll leave the teaching part to them as I assist.

Mikasa: "You can do it if you focus on the basics. Don't worry about being perfect for now. Pay attention to keeping your balance centered and rest your weight on the waist and sole belts." she told him.

Armin: "Stay calm and you can pull it off. Even I managed to do it." he stated to Eren.

Eren: "Alright, I think I've got it this time. Is everything ready (F/n)?" he asked as he looked down to me.

I looked up and gave him a thumbs up. He was all set up.

Eren: "Alright. Lift me up, Armin." he told him.

Armin nodded and began turning the lever slowly. Eren began to slowly ascend into the air. But he suddenly freaked out and began falling forward. His head soon made contact with the ground at a alarming speed. What followed was the sound of his head making contact with the ground.

Me: "Erick!" I cried out as I rushed over to him.

Armin: "Um... (F/n), it's Eren." he corrected.

I felt my face heat up in embarrassment, but that didn't matter now.

Me: "Whatever! Hurry and pick him up you two! Follow me to the infirmary!" I ordered.

They didn't talk back and listened. They rushed over to Eren and wrapped his arms around their shoulders. I began guided them quickly to the Infirmary and burst through the door the moment we arrived. They trailed behind me as I told them to place Eren on the bed near me so I can see how hurt we was.

They placed him down and I began to examine him closely. Eren took one nasty blow to the head resulting in a large bump on the right side of his head. I rubbed some ointment on his bump before wrapping his head with bandage tape. Lucky for him it wasn't that. Once I was finish bandaging him, they left to go eat dinner, while I went off to do something else.

After watching them walk away, I turned around and limp towards one of the training grounds on camp that was used for close combat training. I limp out to the middle of the training area underneath the light of the moon that hung high up in the night sky. I lifted up my walking stick and unlocked the lock on it. This allowed me to pull the handle out of the hidden sheath to reveal my beautiful forge blade gifted to me by Sir Li. I smiled as I stared at the blade for a minute before practicing basic sword movements.

I think that I have been going at it for almost a hour now. My body ache from not resting for even a moment, but I didn't want to stop. Feeling the sweat roll down my body and my muscle burning. It felt like ages since I last used my sword for so long thanks to all my work. But as I was about to slash down forward a voice suddenly spoke up.

?????: "What are you doing?" a voice bluntly asked me.

I stumbled forward a bit as I nearly dropped my sword. I turned around to see a young girl of considerably short height with a small, yet very muscular build and physique. She has moderately short blonde hair that is often tied at the back with her right fringe mainly draping over the right side of her face. She wore simple clothing that looked nice on her. But something I quickly notice about her was that she didn't seem to express much emotion like Akame, Kurome, Mika, and Violet.

Me: "I'm practicing." I told her honestly.

She only raised a eyebrow, when I told her this.

?????: "You're practicing with a sword? Why?" she asked.

Me: "Well... I guess because it's part of who I am. I dreamt of becoming a knight from those old story books. Ever since the moment I first picked up a sword and began learning, it felt as if it was my duty to help others." I replied to her with a smile.

?????: "You say that now, but would you really be willing to put your own life at risk to save others?" she questioned.

Me: "Hehehe I already risked my life twice in a single day to save four people. That's why I was living in Wall Maria for a year until the Scouts found us." I told her honesty.

She didn't say anything. All she did was turn around and began walking away. But suddenly stopped.

?????: "I'll see you around (F/n). My name is Annie Leonhart, try to remember it." she stated before walking away.

Strange, it felt as if I knew her from somewhere, but I couldn't place my finger on it. However, I didn't see any point in thinking about it. I needed to go to sleep. Tomorrow was going to be a very long day since after Keith finishes testing their aptitude, I will began testing them. I wasn't looking forward to this since I believe it to be a little too much. I only said it as a bad joke, but Keith thought it was a great idea. I didn't though. It was mean, horrible, nasty, unhealthy, and so much more.

Third Person P.O.V

(Small timeskip brought to you by dozens of soldiers taking carts filled with barrels to the nearby forest before sunrise as they laughed about what was about to happen)

It was time for Eren to prove himself as he was hooked up to the balance device. He was the only person that failed yesterday and now stood nervously in front of Keith, (Y/n), and Violet as they stared back at him. All the cadets were lined up behind the three all facing Eren.

Keith: "Eren Yeager, are you ready?" he asked.

Eren: "Yes, sir!" he yelled out sounding ever so nervous.

Keith: "Begin." he said to the person at the lever.

With that, Eren was slowly lifted up into the air. He moved his body around into a strange pose that balanced his body. He wasn't falling. Once everyone realized this, they began cheering for him. He did it. (Y/n) looked visible relieved that Eren did it, but that lasted for a whole three seconds before Eren lose balance and fell backwards. He hung upside down attempting to get back up. Everyone looked disappointed and felt sorry for the boy, who wanted to be a Scout more than anybody. Keith slowly made his way to Eren.

Eren: "N-No... I can still..." he begged Keith.

Keith only looked down at Eren showing no visible emotion.

Keith: "Let him down." he ordered the person at the lever.

Once Eren was on the ground, he got on his knees. He was devastated. He was so close. He even received the help of several people like Rauner and Bertholdt. But it appeared it wasn't enough.

Eren: "I can still..." he tried telling Keith, but he interrupted him.

Keith: "Wagner, lend Yeager your belt." he told the Thomas, who was at the lever.

Thomas: "Yes, sir!" he said as he took of his belt.

Everyone watched in confusion as the two swapped belts, but one person in the entire group other than Keith understood where he was getting at and (Y/n) wasn't going to be pleased if it was true. As Eren was hooked up one more time and lifted up, a new outcome emerge. Eren was balance and not falling.

Keith: "The equipment was faulty. The metal fittings on your belts were damaged. I've never see damage to these parts before. I suppose we'll need to update the maintenance checklist." he stated to Eren.

Everyone was looking at Eren amazed that he managed to balance himself with faulty equipment for a few seconds.

Eren: "S-So... what's your decision?" he asked nervously.

Keith: "You're good to go. Stay resolute and train hard!" he told Eren.

Eren: "I did it. I actually did it!" he cheered out happily.

Everyone began cheering for Eren, but a certain someone was pissed. Keith and Violet took a step back and looked over to their side to see (Y/n) with a very unhappy expression on his face. They watched as (Y/n) turned around to face the rest of the cadets.

(Y/n): "Belts off now!" he yelled out angrily.

Everyone looked shocked that the once kind-hearted person looked as if they were about to takes someone's head off. Kurome quickly hid behind the nervous Akame.

Kurome: "He's mad." she said with hints of fear in her voice.

Akame: "At l-least he's not mad at us this time. Just do what he says." she told Kurome nervously as she took off her belt and dropped it to the ground.

The other cadets did as they were told and removed their belts. (Y/n) looked over to the soldiers nearby with rage in his eyes before ordering them to conduct maintenance on every last belt and while they were at it, every piece of Maneuver Gear. He threaten to make them work to the bone if he so much found a hint of damage on the equipments by the end of the week.

The soldiers quickly gather all the belts on the ground and began scattering to get away from the very upset (Y/n). Violet looked at (Y/n) and smiled slightly. She felt as if (Y/n) was becoming more and more like Levi when he finds out about a dirty location or clothes in his general area. (Y/n) quickly cleared his throat and smiled back at everyone kindly.

(Y/n): "Thank you so much for listening. I'm sorry that you saw that, but I truly despise faulty equipment or damage equipment as much as I despise dirty things." he told them kindly.

(Y/n): "Now! How about we all head towards the mess hall for a special lunch before we begin your next test." he told them before walking away.

Connie: "What the hell was that?!" he asked everyone around them.

Annie began following after (Y/n) as she replied back to Connie.

Annie: "Don't make women mad. Expectually a goddess." she told him harshly.

With that everyone followed behind (Y/n), who disappeared behind the mess hall doors. But the moment the door opened, Sasha smelled something wonderful. She immediately began shoving everyone out of her way as she rushed for the door and burst through. She was immediately hit by a flood of delicious smells. Her mouth hung open as she froze in place. Everyone was confused to why Sasha was was acting strange, but understood completely once they looked passed her. The mess hall was filled with food. No meat sadly.

(Y/n): "Eat up everyone! If you don't, then we'll just throw away everything that left." he stated to everyone as he spread his arms apart.

Mostly everyone began rushing into the mess hall and began shoving and punching each other as they raced for the food. Sasha was at the front of everyone punching anyone who got near the dishes near her. But some people didn't rush in like most. Armin, Mikasa, Annie, Kurome, Akame, Ymir, and Krista only watched at everyone else battle with one another.

Armin: "Something about this seems wrong. This seems almost... too nice. I doubt the instructor would allow something like this. Unless... maybe it has something to do with the test after this." he told everyone who didn't run in.

Krista: "But how can this be part of the next test?" she asked Armin.

Armin: "I don't know, but we should be careful with what we eat." he stated.

They all began looking around the room and Akame noticed something a bit off.

Akame: "Look. At the far corner of the left side of room. There's a table with food they normally give us." she pointed out.

They all began walking over to see small pieces of bread and soup. They all looked at it suspiciously. Why would Keith and (Y/n) have a table with some food away from the feast at the center of the room. Armin suggested that they should only eat the food that was at that table. He had a hunch that this would be the best choice.

(Small timeskip brought to you by Sasha throwing Connie at Jean for trying to grab her steam potatoes)

After a hour of eating, most of all the cadets were laying on the table or on the floor completely full and leaving no trace of there being food on the tables. Armin and the rest of the group of people who didn't eat from the feast only sat at their table normal. With everything being eaten, Keith came bursting through the door with a devilish smile on his face with (Y/n) walking behind him looking guilty of something.

Keith: "Get on your feet! Now! The next test begins now! You lot are to run three miles through the forest and three miles back. You have fifty minutes to do this! Starting... now!" he stated to them.

Everyone had a shock look on their face as they were told this. They needed to run six miles within fifty minutes on a full stomach. Armin let out a sigh of relief, he was happy that he was right about the food being a trap. But something still off though. As everyone was scrabbling out the door, but he notice the guilty look on (Y/n) face. Only one thing went through his mind.

Armin: 'Why would (F/n) feel guilty about giving everyone good food before a long run... unless!' he thought to himself as he heard the sound of everyone groaning in the distance.

He rushed toward the door to look out only to see that the cadets who ate the food were hunch over throwing up or groaning.

Armin had figured out the reasoning for Keith giving everyone a lot of good food. The food may have smelled and tasted good, but it was all expired. He was just getting rid all of it. So that meant the food in the corner was the only thing that was edible to eat. This is why (Y/n) was feeling guilty. Because they were the one who suggested it.

Armin: "The next five years is going to be horrible." he stated as he began his long run.

I'm actually surprised that I managed to finish this chapter on time... this new schedule actually works for me. Nice.

Anyway awaits our dear heros in the forest? Will they survive five years of training? ... We all know the answer.

See you soon.

Next up, it's time for Boku no Hero Academia and High School DXD.

Wish me luck.

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

171K 4.3K 30
------ a college au in which y/n runs into a seemingly toxic old flame and finds herself in the middle of a love triangle. began writing: jan...
68.8K 951 22
𝐨𝐨𝐨. ┆༉ ˖˚ ∘ ♯ 𝓐𝐎𝐓 𝓟𝐑𝐄𝐅. just some attack on Titan preferences for you . i do NOT own any Attack on Titan characters !!! they belon...
100K 3.9K 62
Like water is forced to flow and life is destined to fade, humans follow a strict path carved in stone ever since they were born. This curse is calle...
5K 73 12
but in this life, i am beautifully human. and i am his. ♡ attack on titan au ♡ mature themes/content ♡ short story