Bullied By Luke Hemmings.

By NiallHoransPerfect

Being told that you have to tutor your bully never really sounds good. When Caitlyn is told she has to tutor... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
AUTHORS NOTE
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43

Chapter 9

533K 10.3K 10.1K
By NiallHoransPerfect

Caitlyn's POV:

When I woke up, I rolled over and looked at the clock on my bedside table. It was already 10:48am! After thinking, I decided to just stay in bed until 11am. I closed my eyes again and just lay there. It was so quiet, and just as I was getting comfy and was about to go back to sleep, I thought better of it and slowly sat up.

I rubbed my eyes and stretched out my arms before getting up. My room was freezing cold in the morning, it always is, and then it's always boiling hot at night. Picking up a jacket and pulling it on over my arms, I walked over to my window and pulled back the curtains. The sun was shining; it looks like a nice day outside. I started thinking about what to wear for tonight, shorts or jeans, or maybe leggings? Then with what top? I had no clue.

"Morning Caitlyn!" my mum smiled at me cheerfully, taking a sip of her tea, steam still floating in the air above the cup.

I honestly don't know how she can be so happy in the mornings, I never am. I'm just not a morning person.

"Morning." I mumbled back.

"Breakfast?" she asked me.

"I don't know. Are you cooking anything?" I asked her. I didn't really want toast or cereal today.

"Only if you go next door and ask Mr Thomas for our mail. It got delivered to him again." she said. I could see her trying not to laugh.

Neither of us likes Mr Thomas. My dad doesn't either. Even my little sister, who is five and doesn't really know any different, doesn't like Mr Thomas. He's 79 and most possibly the most miserable, moody man I've met. If you walk past him and smile to be polite, he'll just give you a dirty look. The worst thing is that our mail always gets delivered to his house, and I'm always the one who has to go and get it.

"Fine. I'll have a bacon sandwich please." I said, to which she nodded her head.

Sighing, I walked to the front door and pulled it open, and walked across to Mr Thomas' house. After ringing the doorbell, I could hear him shouting and then what seemed like ages later, the door finally opened, revealing an angry looking man.

"What do you want?" Mr Thomas snapped at me.

"Um, my mail got delivered here?" I said.

"You have to get that sorted! I'm thinking you're doing it on purpose. 'Let's interrupt the man at least twice a week to get our mail'. No respect for us." he ranted.

I zoned out half way. I'd only woken up about 30 minutes ago; it was way too early to have to listen to his lecture.

"Thanks." I said when he finally handed me the mail. It was only two envelopes. The way my mum made me get it made it seem as though it was some sort of package. So I had to go to his house for two envelopes. I sighed and shook my head, walking back to my house and through the front door.

The smell of cooking bacon was already filling the house, as well as smoke.

"Did you get it honey?" my mum called to me from the kitchen.

"After listening to him ranting about how we have no respect for him and that we send our mail there on purpose, yes I did." I said, throwing the envelopes onto the work top next to my mum, who was laughing at me.

"No, it's really not funny." I said, but even I was laughing now.

I sat myself down at the table, and leant my head on my hands while I waited for my breakfast.

"Any plans for today?" my mum asked me.

"Yes.." I said, smiling slightly.

"Is this why you were smiling so much last night? You're going on a date aren't you? Oh tell me who it is!" my mum begged.

When it comes to things like this, my mum acts like a teenager. She always wants to know what's happening, and then she gets really excited about it, more excited than me sometimes.

"Yes, it is a date mum, and if you must know, it's with Ashton." I said, as she put my sandwich in front of me.

"Ashton!" she practically shouted. "How did I not guess? Of course it was going to be Ashton!" my mum said. I could already tell that she was getting excited for my date.

She started talking about everything: what I would wear, where were going, what time I'm going and coming home, if I'm looking forward to it, anything. I just shrugged on all of the questions, and carried on eating my sandwich.

"You must know something!" my mum said, urging me to tell her.

"If I knew, I would tell you, but honestly I have no clue." I admitted, making her sigh. "Okay, its 11:45, I'm gonna go get in the shower!" I told her, and then went straight upstairs and into the bathroom.

__________________________________

I finally got out of the shower at around 12:15, my hair dripping with water. Grabbing my brush and going back into my room, I brushed through all of the knots in my hair. After, I went to brush my teeth before drying my hair with the hair dryer. I couldn't decide whether to curl or straighten my hair, so in the end, I just straightened it and did loose curls at the ends. Satisfied with my hair, I walked over to my wardrobe.

It was quite warm today, which was making me think of wearing shorts. 'Something casual' I thought. After looking through my wardrobe for at least 10 minutes, looking over clothes again and again, I finally decided to wear my denim shorts with a black t-shirt tucked into the shorts. I pulled out a long-ish cream cardigan to wear over the t-shirt incase it got cold. To wear on my feet, I put on my white low top converses.

I went to my makeup table and put a little bit of foundation on, the colour blending in with my skin. After, I put on a light pink blush, and then spread mascara on my eyelashes, until they looked as dark and long as I liked them to be. My eyes scanned the makeup table for my fruity perfume, until I found it. I sprayed some on my wrists, neck and then just onto my outfit. It's my favourite perfume, it smells of apples, stawberries, raspberries, and loads of fruits.

It was only 1:20pm, I still had 2 hours and 40 minutes to waste. I started looking through all of my jewellery and put on a light pink ring on one hand and a silver one on the other hand. Then, I decided to wear a small silver necklace with a diamond thing on it. All that there was to do now was wait for Ashton to get here. My stomach was already doing flips, feeling like millions of butterflies were in there.

_____________________________________

Time went by painfully slowly. When I had 10 minutes left, I went downstairs, my phone in hand.

"Caitlyn! You look lovely!" my mum said, smiling at me.

"Thanks. You don't think I need to change? Or shall I change the cardigan? Or the whole outfit?" I asked.

"Caitlyn, I said you look lovely. You don't need to change your outfit. Ashton will like it." she said, and then added a little wink. What is she doing?

"Okay. I'm really nervous." I admitted.

"Ashton is your best friend, Caitlyn. It's never awkward with you two, nothings changing apart from you two are going on a date. Just think of it like normal." she told me, squeezing my arm.

I just nodded my head. Even though I knew what she said was true, there was always the chance of the date not going well, or something happening later on and then our friendship will be ruined. But I really like Ashton, so I don't think that would happen from my point of view.

The doorbell ringing scared me so much, my hands literally started shaking. They were all sweaty from nerves too. I quickly washed them incase he wanted to hold my hand or something.

"Relax." my mum told me, and then pushed me towards the door.

I breathed out, and then reached forward to open the door. Standing infront of me was Ashton. His hair was how it normally is; curly and in a mess on top of his head. It looks nice like that, I prefer it curly than when he used to straighten it. He was wearing what he normally wears, skinny black jeans, and an acdc tank top. I remember him telling me about it, saying that he bought it and he was excited to wear it. I said he was sad, and joked that it would look gross on him, but I was really wrong. It really suited him, I liked it.

"Ready?" he asked me, a small smile on his face, breaking me from my thoughts.

"Uh, yeah. Yeah lets go." I said, quickly hugging my mum goodbye and then walking out the door with Ashton.

I didn't even need to turn around to know that my mum was still standing at the door, waiting for Ashton to drive off until she would close the door. Ashton held the door open for me, and I stifled a laugh.

"So cliche." I said, and then letting out a laugh, getting in the car anyway.

He got in  the car before replying to me.

"All boys do it, I've seen it in films and stuff. The girls aren't meant to laugh at the boys and take the piss though."

"Well, it is cliche." I laughed.

Ashton rolled his eyes at me but then laughed along with me.

"So then," I said, changing the subject. "Where are you taking me?"

"Just because I wouldn't tell you yesterday doesn't mean I'm going to tell you today." he replied.

"Pleaseeeee?" I begged him, looking over at him and giving him puppy dog eyes.

"Caitlyn, you're distracting me. Then I'll crah this car, and then you'll never find out where were going." he said, smirking a bit.

"I hate surprises." I sighed.

"Still not telling you." Ashton replied, laughing a bit.

_____________________________________

It took a while to get here, 45 minutes because of traffic. Just to be even more cliche, Ashton told me to wait in the car while he walked round to open my door for me.

"Stop." I laughed, and then he laughed along with me.

We started walking, and I felt his hand slip into mine. His fingers intertwined with mine, and he squeezed my hand lightly. I love this, finally being with Ashton, as a little bit more than friends. Were aren't anything yet, but I like him, and he must like me if were going on a date. So I just carried on following Ashtons footsteps.

We walked for about 5 minutes before we arrived outside a really pretty restaurant.

"Sorry for the long walk. That was the closest car park." he apologized.

"It's fine." I assured him.

He smiled over at me. "You look really pretty today, by the way. I forgot to tell you." he said, and then blushed a bit.

"You too. That top does look gross on you, though." I joked.

I knew that Ashton knew I was joking, just by the playful pout he directed towards me.

A waiter in a suit came over to us. "Have you reserved a table? It's very busy if you haven't." he told us.

"Uh, yeah. Reservation for Irwin?" Ashton said.

"Ah yes, follow me."  the waiter told us, before walking off while we followed.

The restaurant was the prettiest restaurant I've probably seen. Outside had all trees around it, with a small path leading towards the door of the restaurant. It had all lights on the outside of the building, big windows revealing the inside of the restaurant. Walking through the inside was even better. The walls were painted a nice shade of red, all of the tables had white table cloths over them, with a flower and a candle on every table.

It got even better, though. The waiter led us out the back, where only 5 tables sat. There were lights on the building still, the tables the same as well. But the tables were on a wooden dock, that went into a bridge. There was a lake, the dock going through it. Trees were around the lake, small white lights in them, too.

"Over here." the waiter said, stopping infront of a table.

"Thank you." Ashton said at the same time that I did.

The waiter nodded and walked away, leaving us with our menus.

"This place is so pretty." I said.

"Yeah. My mum told me to take you here." he admitted, laughing nervously.

"Your mum has good taste in restaurants." I told him, making him laugh.

___________________________________

"I'm so full." I told Ashton, pushing a bit of my hair back from my face.

It had gotten darker, it was already 6:30pm.

"Me too. That chocolate cake just topped off the whole meal." Ashton replied.

"That was my favourite part of the meal." I admitted.

"So, that lake over there," Ashton started, gesturing his head towards the lake. "People can hire out boats for an hour, or however long they want. So, I hired one for us." he said smiling.

Even though I hate water, and get scared of going deep into the water, I felt quite excited.

"When do we go in?" I asked him, smiling back.

"Once I've paid the bill. Wait here, I'll go to the waiter." he told me. As he walked past me, he pushed his hand through my hair, messing it up.

"Ashton!" I exclaimed. His laughter got quieter as he got further into the restaurant before I couldn't hear him.

While I waited, I pulled out my phone. I had a text from my mum, of course.

Hows the date going? Where did he take you?x

I quickly snapped a picture of the lake and the view infront of me and told my mum I would show her later on when I got home.

"Okay, were going into the lake." Ashton suddenly said from behind me.

When I turned around, he was with another man, who was holding a wooden boat with two paddles awkwardly.

"Okay." I said, and stepped next to Ashton, letting the man get infront of us.

"So, I'll put the boat into the water, and then you get in. You have an hour, and if you want longer then you have to pay extra. If you need help getting out, then I'll be around here." he informed us, both me and Ashton nodding, but I wasn't really taking in the information I was given.

Ashton stepped into the boat, and started loosing his balance. He looked so scared, and I burst out laughing.

"Shut up and get in the boat." he said, laughing a bit himself.

He held the dock while I stepped into the boat, and when I started to loose balance, I grabbed onto him.

"Don't! I'll end up falling!" he said, both of us laughing.

I sat down and gradually, Ashton sat down. The man passed us our paddles and left, leaving me and Ashton in the lake.

"How do you use these?" I asked, talking about the paddles.

"I'm expert at this, you watch." he told me.

I watched as he couldn't get anywhere, waving the paddles around but not moving at all.

"Oh wow, you really are an expert." I teased.

"You have to paddle too, or we won't get anywhere or we'll just go in circles!" he said.

"Okay, both paddle then." I said, laughing at how we were still at the top of the deck.

_____________________________

It took forever for us to get the hang of the paddles, until we got near the end of the lake. We stopped and left the boat in the middle of the lake near to the end. The trees surrounded us, with their pretty white lights shining.

"I love this. Thank you for bringing me here." I thanked him.

"Thats okay. I'm really enjoying it too." he smiled over at me.

I watched him lay back in the boat, and copied him. My eyes gazed over the stars. Ashton and I spoke for what felt like minutes but was really an hour, and then we had to return to the dock.

Getting back to the dock was easier than getting away from the dock, but getting out of the boat was just as hard. We had to try and climb up the dock from the boat, and I couldn't get to it. The man wasn't anywhere in sight like he said he would be, either.

"I'll lift you out." Ashton told me.

"Okay." I agreed.

Ashton wrapped his strong arms around me, and then lifted me up, pushing me up onto the dock. I stood there, waiting for Ashton to get out the boat. When he couldn't do it, I offered him my hand, which he took. When he finally was out of the boat, we gave it back to the man who had made a reappearance and then started walking back to the car.

____________________________________

When we drove down my road, Ashton pulled up outside my house. Instead of opening my door, he left me to open it and laughed, but he waited for me to get to him before walking with me to the door.

"I had a really great time tonight, thanks." I told him when we reached the door.

"Me too, we should do it again some time?" Ashton suggested.

"I would love that." I smiled.

Ashton nodded awkwardly, and we just looked at eachother. Is he going to kiss me? I really didn't know what to do.

"Um, bye then." he finally said, leaning in and giving me a long hug, my head resting on his chest.

"Bye." I replied, and then he started walking to his car.

With or without a kiss at the end, it was still the best night of my life. Tonight made me really realise how much I like Ashton.

AN:

This is the longest chapter, sorry it took so long for me to write!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

130K 3.5K 34
[completed] "...of Irwin" He was her teacher. She was his student. But it wasn't so simple falling in love with your teacher, when someone threaten...
104K 3.2K 62
Hope for the best, be prepared for the worst. ยฉCopyright TheJininNamJin ยฎAll rights reserved to TheJininNamJin
256K 7.2K 46
๐™จ๐™ค๐™ข๐™š๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™ข๐™š๐™จ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช ๐™ฅ๐™ง๐™ค๐™ข๐™ž๐™จ๐™š ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ข๐™š๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™›๐™ค๐™ง๐™š๐™ซ๐™š๐™ง. ๐™—๐™ช๐™ฉ ๐™ž๐™ฉ'๐™จ ๐™ฃ๐™š๐™ซ๐™š๐™ง ๐™ง๐™š๐™–๐™ก๐™ก๐™ฎ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™–๐™ฉ ๐™š๐™–๐™จ๐™ฎ, ๐™ง๐™ž๐™œ๐™๐™ฉ ?