More To Life Than....(GirlxGi...

By kaibrowninthesky

"I realize we are completely different. Like fire and ice. I may look tough, but I'm actually weak. And she m... More

2.
3
4.

1.

6.2K 123 20
By kaibrowninthesky

Ana and her friends at the top.
Ana's POV
I pulled up to my school, Bayside High, in my 2018 sky blue Mercedes Benz SL Class. I pulled into the parking lot, parking in my usual spot, front and center of the school. Between my best friend's yellow Chevrolet Camaro and my boyfriend's Red Jeep Wrangler.

Before I can even get my door open, it yanked open and I'm tugged out of my car by my wrist. I quickly grabbed my bag and slipped out, laughing as my best friend, Isabella Rivers practically jumped on me.

"Damn, Bells! Tryna yank my arm out of my socket?" I laughed as I wrapped my arms around my short best friend.

"I missed you so much, Ana! You are never allowed to go to a foreign country without me again," Bella whined as she hugged me still. I smiled as I rolled my eyes playfully.

"Okay, Bella. Next time I'll just toss you into my suitcase and ship you across the border, okay?" I giggled as Bella pulled away and rolled her eyes, a playful smile on her face.

"You better," Bella said as she looped her arm through mine and dragged me towards the school, "Otherwise you will never be able to leave for longer than a few days again. Honestly, Ana, it was torture. I had to suffer through 2 whole months with Kallie by myself."

"I'm sure it wasn't that bad, Bells," I said as I walked into the school with my best friend. Bella rolled her eyes yet again.

"Honestly, Ana. You have no idea how badly I wanted to rip that pretty blonde hair off of that pretty little head of hers," Bella said, "She's so fucking fake. Why do we even bother to associate with her?"

I shrugged, "She's Aaron's best friend. She's always gonna be around as long as I'm dating her best friend. We just have to suffer through it."

I saw where Bella was coming from. When it came to fake people, Kallie Allens was the fakest of the fake. A person I normally wouldn't associate with. I never found myself wanting to become friends with fake people, which was why Bella and I got along so well. She didn't take shit from anybody and even though I'm a little bit gullible and easily a pushover, I hated fake people.

But for some odd reason, I seemed to attract only fake people. And it's hard to get rid of them or notice if their fake or not. Which was why I had Bella. She always keep me on track and kept fake people away from me. The only reason why we associated with Kallie Allens was because I was dating her best friend, Captain of the football team, Aaron Jacobs.

And it's not like I could just tell my boyfriend to drop his best friend even though she's faker than the nails she swears are real. I didn't want to seem like the obsessive girlfriend who told my boyfriend who to be friends with or not. So I just suffered through it and because Bella was such an amazing friend, she suffered through it with me.

"But, Ana, if only you heard what she was saying over the summer," Bella said as we reached our lockers. We both began to put in the combos and opened them simultaneously. I tossed my bag into my locker, setting some of my books into the locker as well.

"What was she saying?" I asked, glancing over at my best friend as I grabbed my books for the first class of the day.

"She was going on and on about how you were a terrible girlfriend for leaving Aaron here alone over the summer and going to France to do God knows what with God knows who. She kept insisting that you were probably cheating on Aaron and all of this other shit. Honestly, A, I was so close to stabbing her in the neck with a spoon," Bella said, rolling her eyes as she grabbed her books.

"What did Aaron say?" I questioned, my brows furrowed as I turned to look at Bella completely, shutting my locker completely. Bella shut her locker and looked at me.

"Nothing really," Bella said, "He laughed it off and made a joke about how if you did cheat on him, he would just return the favor."

I scoffed, rolling my eyes, clutching my books to my chest as I leaned back against my locker, "Oh wow. He couldn't even defend me. He went right along with her."

"What did you expect, Ana? Think logically. He's a douche bag. I have no idea what you even see in him," Bella said, shrugging her shoulders causally.

"Remember when he used to be sweet and caring? He worked so hard to get me to go out with him. Bought me flowers everyday. Read me sweet, romantic poems. Picnics in the park, dinner dates every weekend. He used to be perfect," I sighed happily as I leaned my head back against my locker.

"And now, he treats you like trash and basically bashes you in front of all of his friends. Why don't you break up with him already?" Bella asked, raising a single eyebrow.

"It's complicated," I said, shrugging my shoulders. And believe me when I say it really was complicated. Aaron Jacobs and I have been dating for almost 2 years, our anniversary being this coming weekend. Aaron Jacobs was everything I wanted in a relationship when we first started dating. Sweet, caring, loving, and overall just perfect. Too perfect. I introduced him to my family a month after dating him and my parents instantly loved him. Honestly, I should have known something was up at that moment.

My parents hated anyone I dated or associated with. Hell, they still couldn't stand Bella and we've been best friends since we were 7. I soon learned why they loved Aaron so much though. Aaron was rich. Aaron was handsome. And Aaron's family were old, old family friends of my parents. And ever since we were little, our parents were convinced we were going to get married and share everything. Including money. That's all my relationship with Aaron was. A business transaction. One I couldn't seem to find my way out of. Every time I tried, something happened.

Aaron started to change after our six month anniversary. He started to get colder, coming over a lot less. Spending a lot less time with me and when I had confronted him about it, he had gotten angry with me. There was a lot of yelling, most of him coming from him. He intended to tell me my place in our relationship and made sure I knew what I should and shouldn't do, like asking him questions. It was toxic to say the least, but it was another thing I had to suffer through. I just couldn't get out. Which was why I was pretty okay with going to France over the summer, even though I was away from my best friend in the entire world, I was away from my rather abusive boyfriend.

"Whatever, Ana. I'll never understand you," Bella rolled her eyes, "But I'll continue to support you, when you're ready to tell me what's so complicated. I'll be here."

I smiled as I gave my best friend a little side hug, "Thanks, Bells. I know I can always count on you," I smiled brightly, causing my best friend to roll her eyes again but smile back at me.

"Yeah yeah yeah, I'm amazing I know," Bella flipped her hair, causing me to roll my eyes but laugh at my best friend's playful antics. I shoved her playfully and she laughed pushing me back. I stumbled backwards and me being the clumsy person I was, tripped over air and started to fall backwards.

I felt like I was falling in slow motion. I closed my eyes, bracing myself for the impact but it never came. I felt a singular strong arm wrap around my body as a strong hand wrapped around my wrist. I gasped as I pulled up a little and I opened my eyes to see who my rescuer was. My eyes soon widened in shock as I looked into a pair of familiar blue eyes. No way.

"We have got to stop meeting like this," my rescuer chuckled, flashing me that all too familiar playful yet charming smirk.

*Flashback: 1 month and 24 days ago*

I sat on the park bench by myself in Paris. I had a book in my lap and a cup filled with a latte at my side. My parents had left the hotel earlier that morning, leaving me some money and a note that read they'd be back late. It was supposed to be a family vacation, but I was alone. I should have figured it'd end up like this for me. Luckily I had brought some books to keep me occupied for a while. I picked up my latte and took a sip as my eyes raked across the pages of the book.

I decided to get up and take a walk around the park after finishing the first chapter of the book. I marked my spot in the book and put the book in my bag. I threw my bag over my shoulder and stood up, grabbing my latte. I walked along the path, sipping my latte as I looked around. Honestly, Paris was so beautiful. Especially during the day. There was so many people here in the park, painting or having picnics. Some people were just enjoying each others company.

I wish I had someone to spend time with.

"Hey! Look out!" I looked up just in time to see 2 skateboarders coming towards me. My eyes widened as they both raced past me, one of them accidentally shoulder checking me.

"Agh!" I shouted as I tripped over my own two feet, falling backwards. I felt my latte splash all over my shirt as it flew out of my hand. I clenched my eyes shut, bracing for impact.

"Woah! I gotcha," I felt someone grab my arm and yank me upwards, an arm wrapped around my waist to steady me. I felt my heart pound aggressively against my chest. I had actually seen my whole life flash before my eyes, "Are you okay?"

"U-uh yeah, I think so," I said as I blinked slowly, "Thank y-," I trailed off as I looked up at my rescuer. Right there in front of me, still holding me in her arms was the most beautiful human I had ever seen. She was tall, possibly 5'9 or 5'10. A few inches taller than my 5'5 and a half form. She had these piercing blue eyes that felt like they were peering into your soul any time she looked you in the eye. She had full flips and a strong jawline, with high cheek bones. Her short blonde hair was light and it looked so soft. I was tempted to run my fingers through it. This girl in front of me literally looked like an angel.

"No problem," she said, an amused smirk appearing on her face as she looked down at me. She let me go and I had to admit, I was a bit disappointed by the lack of closeness with her, "You should really watch where you're going, Princess. You really could have hurt yourself."

"Oh uh...yeah. Well, I'm sorry. My head was a little up in the clouds," I felt my cheeks heat up as I bit my lower looking down at the ground.

"Hey, it's no worries. Luckily, I was there to catch you before you fell, right? You can just call me your knight-in-shining armor," she said, causing me to look up. She still had that ridiculously sexy as hell smirk on her face, but a hint of amusement and playfulness lingered in her eyes and her tone.

"Uh, right," I said, my cheeks heating up yet again. I looked down and groaned at the latte stain on my shirt, "Great. Just great. I just bought this shirt," I pouted, rolling my eyes and crossing my arms against my chest.

"You can always get a new one, Princess," she chuckled and I looked up to see her still smirking in amusement, "But in the mean time. Here," she stripped herself of her leather jacket and pulled off the hoodie she was wearing underneath. I had just noticed what she was wearing. She had on a pair of black skinny jeans, a white t-shirt, a grey hoodie, which she had just taken off and a leather jacket with combat boots, "Take this. That way you don't have to walk around with coffee stain on your shirt," she handed me the hoodie.

"Oh no. I really couldn't," I quickly shook my head, "I'm fine really. I can just deal until I get a new shirt," I shrugged casually, "Thank you though."

"I wasn't really asking, Princess," she chuckled as she placed the hoodie in my hand then slipped her leather jacket on, "Come on and hurry up too. I've gotta latte to replace."

"You-,"

"I know I don't have to. But I want to. In case you haven't noticed I've been kind of flirting with you," she said, this time offering me a rather charming smile, "This is an excuse for me to get to talk to you some more. So what do you say, Princess? Let me buy you another coffee?"

I stood there silently. She was flirting with me. No way. I mean...I thought she was just being nice. Holy shit. I've never had a girl flirt with me before. Especially one as attractive as the one standing in front of me. I wanted to go. To experience whatever it was this girl was going to show me. But then my mind drifted to Aaron...he would probably kill me if he found I had went off around Paris with a girl I didn't know, who happened to be gay. But Aaron did way worse than this. I know he has. So what's one coffee date. And plus, what he won't find out won't hurt him.

"One coffee?" I questioned, raising an eyebrow. She smiled at me and I knew instantly I made the right choice. Goddamn, that smile could make an ogre melt.

"Unless you beg for more," she smirked playfully and winked. I felt my cheeks heat up, biting my lower lip. I smiled as I slipped her hoodie on.

"Okay. Let's go," I said. She smiled and grabbed my hand. I literally felt sparks between us she held onto my hand. She dragged me out of the park and to a motorcyle parked on the side of the road. She had two helmets on her seat. She grabbed one and handed it to me. I took it nervously, looking at it.

"Have you ever ridden before?" She asked me, obviously sensing my discomfort. I shook my head quickly, my cheeks heating up again. Goddamn, this girl makes me blush a lot. She chuckled and smiled at me in amusement as she climbed onto her bike. She grabbed her helmet and put it in her lap, holding her free hand out to me, "Don't worry. I'll be gentle your first time."

"O-okay," I said, putting the helmet on quickly. I strapped the strap and grabbed her hand. She helped me onto the back of the bike. Once I was on, I immediately wrapped my arms around her waist. I watched as she put her helmet on and started the bike. She looked back at me.

"I'm Dallas!" She shouted over the roar of the engine.

"Ana!"

She smiled at me before putting the visor to her helmet down and kicking up the brake to her bike and then we were off.

*End of Flashback*

One coffee turned into two, which turned into four. Which turned into 5 dates and soon enough, I spent every free second of my vacation with her. I had started to fall in love with the rebellious girl from France. I had learned everything I could about her. Including why she was in France even though she was American. She knew every aspect of my life and I knew bits and pieces of hers and yet even though I had barely known her, saying goodbye to her hurt more than anyone could have ever known. I never thought I would see her again and yet, here she was. Holding me in her arms just like how she used to. Except here, I wasn't hers. Here I belonged to someone else and we both knew that.

Dallas immediately let me go and stepped away from me. I can tell by the look in her eyes that releasing me hurt her as much as it hurt me but she played it off very well. She still held that familiar charming smirk on her face as she looked down at me. She was dressed in her signature. Black jeans, a black t-shirt, her black leather jacket and black combat boots.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, finally getting over my shock. I looked up into the eyes of the girl I loved and she just shrugged casually, smiling.

"My father was transferred to a base here," Dallas said, "So here we are. The others are here too," Dallas said, "They're somewhere around here."

"Wow that's great. I can't wait to see them. I missed them all so much."

"They've missed you too. Especially Kam and the Twins. I'm pretty sure they were ready to hop on a plane and come here themselves," Dallas joked, smiling in amusement.

"Uh, excuse me," Bella's voice sounded from behind me. I turned to look at my best friend to see her giving me the 'what the fuck' look and my eyes widened.

"Oh shit! Sorry, Bells," I pulled Bella up towards me and linked arms with her, "Dallas, this is my best friend Bella. Bells, this is Dallas. She and I met in Paris."

"Hey, Bella. It's nice to finally meet you," Dallas smiled at Bella and winked playfully, "Ana has told me so much about you."

"Funny because she hasn't mentioned you at all," Bella said, her tone sounding as if she didn't find any of this amusing at all. I winced slightly as she fixed me with that penetrating glare of hers. I knew I was in for it later.

"That's alright. I'm pretty easy to forget," Dallas shrugged as she looked me. Her piercing blue eyes looking right into my brown ones, "Aren't I, Ana?"

"Trust me, Dallas. There's no way I'd ever be able to forget you," I answered honestly, holding her stare just as intently. Slowly a smile came onto her face and I couldn't stop my own from forming. I could stare into those baby blue eyes of her all day long if I could. The bell rang and I groaned. Great.

"Until next time, Princess," Dallas said, winking at me, "See ya around, Bella," she smiled before turning and walking off, disappearing down the hall.

I squeaked when I felt Bella tug on me then drag me into the girl's bathroom. She pushed me into the bathroom, shut the door and locked then spun around to fix me with a glare.

"Explain now," she said firmly.

"Where do I start?"

"The beginning."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Heaven By Joey

Teen Fiction

4.1K 63 19
Blake is a new student at Girex High. He moved from Buffalo, NY, to Syracuse, NY. With his new move come along the difficulties of his family, which...
71K 2.9K 27
I watch her when she walks in, orders the same drink - same size - and sits at the exact same table every single day. I don't think she notices me, s...
309K 10.8K 36
"Losing yourself is the easy part, it's finding yourself again that's hard." *** Hollywood. When you think of the word, you think of glitz, glam, an...
84 2 17
A perfect life never exists meaning there will always be something bad to happen to you at some point. These two people found out the hard way, even...