Compulsion - The Greenhouse A...

By WriteAwayGirl01

"The tragedy of life is not death ... but what we let die inside of us while we still live." Adalynn Stanton... More

I n t r o d u c t i o n
C h a r a c t e r s a n d Q u o t e s
E p i g r a p h
T r a i l e r
P r e f a c e
1: "J u s t M a i l"
2: "Y o u L i k e C a r s?"
3: R o o m N u m b e r 2 6
4: F r i e n d s
5: W e l c o m e
6: "A m a z i n g D e a n"
7: "J u s t B e i n g N o s y"
8: S p e c i a l T a l e n t
9: "W h e r e a r e t h e y G o i n g?"
10: "W e N e e d P r o o f"
11: "E v e r H e a r d o f B l a c k m a i l i n g?"
12: F a l l D o w n
13: "I' m S o r r y"
14: A t h e n a L a u n ch
15: "S h e' s D e a d"
16: "W h a t i f S h e K n e w?"
17: R y a n O p e r a t i o n P a c t
18: M a r c u s
19: "I t' s U r g e n t"
20: D e d i c at i o n
21: M i c r o S i z e S p y w a r e
22: "H o w C o u l d Y o u L e t T h i s H a p p e n?"
23: R y a n' s R e a l M i s s i o n
24: "I n m y O f f i c e ... N o w!"
25: B r e a k - i n
26: "B r e a k i n g N e w s"
27: "T h e y' r e W o r k i n g f o r J u d y"
28: E a r t h q u a k e!
29: E ig h t M o n t h s a n d C o u n t i n g
30: A r r e s t
31: M i s s i n g R a n g e r
32: "W e S t i c k T o g e t h e r"
33: I n v e s t i g a t i o n G e t s D e a d l y
34: "W h a t' s W r o n g W i t h B r o o k e?"
35: B i o l o g y L a b
36: E x p u l s i o n?
37: T he W h i t e K n i g h t
38: F o r t y - E i g h t H o u r s
39: J a s o n' s A c c o m p l i c e
41: T r a p p e d!
42: T i c k i n g T i m e B o m b
43: "S a v e Y o u r s e l f"
44: T i m e t o C o m e H o m e
A u t h o r' s N o t e
T a g g e d??

40: C a p t u r e

727 25 0
By WriteAwayGirl01

"There's got to be more
Than going back and forth
From doing right to doing wrong
'Cause we were taught that's who we are
Come on get in line right behind me
You along with everybody
Thinking there's worth in what you do."

~ Flawless by MercyMe

"MAX!" Adalynn called out, her voice almost lost to the wind that was whipping ferociously around her. "MAX MILLER!"

"Urgh, it's no use. He's not out here!" Jackie groaned as she glanced up towards the darkening sky. "For all we know, he could be out hijacking cars with Ethan."

Adalynn glared at her. "Ethan is NOT hijacking cars, Jackie."

"How do you know?" Jackie shot back sarcastically.

A sudden vibration in her back pants' pocket caused Adalynn to stop and pull out her Louie. "Hang on a sec, it's Hayley," she told her friend as she accepted the incoming call. "Yes?"

"We've found Max," Hayley informed her on the other end of the line. "Well, Leo did actually. They're coming back to the biology lab now as we speak."

"Coolio. Jackie and I will meet you there," Adalynn returned as she shut off her Louie and motioned for Jackie to follow her. "C'mon. They've found him."

The two girls broke into a run as they sprinted back across the oval towards the Academy's back veranda.

Time was running out.

Jackie and Adalynn burst breathlessly into the lab just as Hayley finished showing Max the video.

As Jackie secured the door, Adalynn hurried over to Max and looked him in the eye. "I know you've been avoiding all of us of late, but we need your help; the ROP needs your help. We have  forty-two hours to figure out what Jason is up too."

Max nodded his head slowly, his face an expression of incredulous disbelief. "H-how could Emma do this?" he whispered.

"Emma was forced into this by Jason," Adalynn told him abruptly. "Didn't you watch the video? She's warning us! We need to hurry. If you want Emma to come back to the Academy, you're gonna have to cooperate."

"And if I don't? If I go and tell Louis about all of this?"

"I'll strangle you and dump your body over the cliffs," Jackie threatened as she stepped forward. Slamming her fists down on the table in front of her, she growled, "Just damn well tell us what you know!"

Max backed away from her, his face screwed up in fright. "I - I don't know, Jackie. Emma never told me anything."

"W-what about the picnic that she mentioned in the video?" Hayley prompted.

"Oh yeah, well, we were going to watch the satellite launch together with my telescope, but she came late ... she said she had been stuck in the girls' bathroom, b-but obviously that wasn't the case," Max mumbled, ducking his head.

"So you don't know anything?" Jackie cried in exasperation.

Max shook his head miserably. "I - I wish I could tell you what was going on, guys, but I have no idea."

"Yeah, I can see why nobody would trust YOU with information," Jackie rolled her eyes.

"Jackie!" Hayley reprimanded as she sent a glare in her direction. Placing her hand on Max's shoulder, she said comfortingly, "It's okay, Max."

Max nodded and bit his lip. Suddenly, his eyes brightened and he straightened up in his seat. "Wait ... she did say something before that I thought was a bit odd ..." he tapped his fingers against his knee as he spoke. "She said t-that she saw Judy and Marcus go into Jason's office one time. I didn't think anything of it but she said it in such a weird tone; I wondered if she was okay, but - but she wouldn't answer any of my questions ..."

"That must've been the time when I caught them conspiring together on the pocket cam that I attached to Ethan's jacket!" Adalynn groaned.

"So Emma knew something was up this whole time?" Max inquired.

"She must have," Leo returned. "But, like she told us in the video, she couldn't say anything because of Jason."

"Bastard," Jackie growled under her breath.

"So, Brooke's brother and Daniel's mother," Adalynn murmured. "This is getting deep."

"Hang on, what about Ethan? Haven't you seen him with Ju ..." Max instantly stopped, regret, guilt and fear building in his eyes.

Adalynn turned on him. "What? What were you going to say?"

"Nothing."

"Don't act dumb, you asshole!" Jackie exploded. Grabbing him by the shirt, she lifted him up off his seat and slammed him into the nearby wall. "ANSWER ME! Your brother is in alliance with Jason and Judy, isn't he?"

"He doesn't need to respond," Hayley huffed glumly. "His eyes say enough."

Glowering at him, Jackie dropped her grip on Max's shirt and turned her back on him.

Adalynn bit her lip as an idea entered her mind. Glancing from one member of the ROP to the other, she decided that now was not the best time to voice her thoughts. Instead, she spoke up, "We'd better get some rest guys. We can reconvene tomorrow and talk through this when Daniel and Brooke are here."

"B-but we have classes tomorrow," Leo objected.

"None of you have classes until ten," Adalynn pointed out. "Except for me; I have science at 9.15. But I'll skip, no problem. Just be here early so we have enough time to go through this beforehand. Oh and Leo? Don't let Max out of your sight. We can't have him blabbing off to Ethan."

Leo nodded and leaned over to grab Max's arm. "C'mon, mate. Let's go."

Adalynn was the first one out of the lab. Tears stung the back of her eye-lids as she made her way down the hallway towards the Ravens' club-house. She had had a mild crush on Ethan; dark, handsome, dimpled cheeks, bright eyes, perfect wavy hair. To find out that he was conspiring with Judy was just too much for her to take in.

As a sob bubbled up within her, Adalynn dashed past the Ravens' door and burst into the girls' bathroom. Locking herself up in one of the cubicles, she sank to the floor and burst into tears. Burying her face in her knees, Adalynn didn't even bother to try and stop the waterfall of tears that streamed down her face. It'd been a long time since she'd had a good cry. Now, she just let it all out.

A few minutes later, Adalynn heard someone else enter the bathroom. Instantly, she fell silent and wiped at her eyes. She waited until the person entered the cubicle next to her and shut the door before letting herself out and slipping away.

As she began walking slowly back towards her clubhouse, she caught sight of the very person she had been thinking about: Ethan.

He was just leaving the Eagle's clubhouse that was further up the hall. The moment the door closed behind him, he pulled a hood up over his face and set out for the stairs leading to the lower level of the building.

Adalynn approached the stair railing and cautiously watched as Ethan hurried down the steps and through the lobby. He didn't take the front door, however, he exited the building via a side door behind the reception desk.

Without a second thought for her own safety, Adalynn's body hurled itself into action. She flew down the stairs and towards the side door that Ethan had disappeared through. As she stepped outside into the chilly, night-time air, she glanced this way and that. She finally spotted Ethan's lone figure as he made his way down a dirt track leading towards the woods.

Now was the time for her to figure out what Ethan was REALLY up too.

She closed the door softly behind her and scampered down the path after Ethan. She made sure to keep her distance, though, and managed to trail him through the woods, past the clearing, through the paddock and towards the cliffs.

Oh no! He's headed for the cave, Adalynn's shoulders slumped in dismay. This does NOT look good.

A sudden boom of thunder sounded, making Adalynn jump. A flash of lightning lit up the darkening air around her. The hair on her arms stood straight up as a prickly static filled the air.

I'd better hurry, Adalynn mused to herself as she kept her eyes fixated on the hooded figure ahead of her. Otherwise I'll be caught in the storm.

Just then, Ethan paused and looked over his shoulder. Adalynn stifled a gasp and dropped to the ground, hoping against hope that he hadn't seen her.

After a few agonising seconds, she slowly lifted her head and her eyes widened in horror.

Oh no. No. No. No. No. No.

Ethan was gone.

Adalynn scrambled to her feet and broke into a run. Glancing around every which way, Adalynn scurried towards the steeply inclined cliffs. Slipping and sliding, she made her way down the trail winding it's way around the rocks.

BOOM. BOOM. CLAP.

Another display of thunder and lightning occurred.

Adalynn shivered, but not because of the cold.

Quickly, she walked towards where she estimated the opening of the cave would be. She placed her hands on the rough, gravelly rock and glanced up at the cliffs that towered above her. How on earth was she supposed to get inside now? Adalynn groaned and kicked at the rock in frustration. How could she have lost Ethan? She was so close to finding out where he was headed ...

A sudden noise sounded from behind Adalynn and she instantly froze. Before she could whirl around to find the source of the racket, however, the inevitable happened.

A thick sack was thrown over her head, stifling her scream of horror and surprise. Striking out at her attacker, Adalynn struggled to escape, but it was useless. Strong arms grabbed at her own. She felt a coil of rope digging against the skin of her wrists as she was tied and bound up.

"Hey!" Adalynn's muffled voice protested as she twisted around. "Stop! Let me go!"

"Take her inside," a low, gruff voice commanded. "Hurry up. Otherwise she'll alert someone and give us away."

"WHAT? NO!" Adalynn hung back.

However, she was no match for her assailants. She was dragged forward and forced to her knees as the rock covering the mouth of the cave slid open. Adalynn was then lifted to her feet and shoved roughly inside.

She heard the sound of the rock closing up behind her and her heart sank as she realised that all hope of escaping was lost.

The sound of a door opening and closing reached her ears. Once again, Adalynn was forced, struggling and sputtering, to the floor.

"Well, well, well, who do we have here?"

Adalynn stiffened. She recognised that voice all too well.

"Take off the sack," an authoritative tone rang throughout the air.

The bag was ripped forcibly off of Adalynn's head and she collapsed to the ground in a sudden fit of coughing.

Gasping for air, Adalynn glanced upwards and her eyes widened in shock as she saw the figures looming over her. Judy. Marcus. Eric. And ...

"Ethan?"

~~~~

Gif: Adalynn gets tied up.

A/N: Okay, so what do you think is going on? Is Ethan involved in this plot? Or is he being forced, much like Emma was? Is Max covering for him? Was it stupid for Adalynn to follow Ethan outside in the middle of a storm? What would YOU have done in her situation? Will the ROP stop Judy and the others in time? Please comment your opinions below, I'd love to hear from you! Thanks so much for reading and stay tuned for the next chapter! xx :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

329K 7.4K 29
❝Be Fearless, Not Fearful❞ | Dominic Toretto and his family are willing to do anything to find out what happened to the youngest member of their crew...
571K 18.5K 47
CROSS MY HEART AND HOPE TO DIE I DON'T NEED ANOTHER GUY TO FIGHT MY BATTLES, TO OVERSHADOW ME β”‚ "I'm crazy for you" "You're just crazy" ...
338K 5.6K 37
In which Olivia McMahon is afraid of love until Seth Rollins makes her feel otherwise.
2.4K 87 11
This story is based on ishqbaaz in this shivaay meet with a accident and lost his memory when they were in goa for a trip . then om and rudra deci...