The Nerd, She's Back

Від todaywas_afairytale

Meet Andrea Madison Wilson. The nerd. She was studying all the time and gets straight A's. She also wears gla... Більше

The Nerd, She's Back
Chapter 1: "Why can't people just accept who I am?"
Chapter 2: "We're moving."
Chapter 3: "Today's the day."
Chapter 4: "My life here WAS finally perfect, until now."
Chapter 5: Daddy Dearest
Chapter 6: Home Sweet Hell
Chapter 7: Shopping. Okay. What's That Again?
Chapter 8: "Yay school, that was sarcasm by the way."
Chapter 9: "And do what exactly? Watch a Teletubbies marathon?"
Chapter 10: Back Where It All Began
Chapter 11: "I Can Smell The Drama."
Chapter 12: "Well I wouldn't know. I'm not a guy."
Chapter 13: Sour Patch!
Chapter 14: Bowling with the Player
Chapter 16: Volleyball Tryouts
Chapter 17: Fangirling Moments
Chapter 18: Unwanted Conversations
Chapter 19: Volleyball Games
Chapter 20: The Celebratory Outing
Chapter 21: Ethan's Casa

Chapter 15: Enemies & Sisters

16.1K 545 135
Від todaywas_afairytale

Chapter 15

"Hey cupcake." Ethan greeted me as I closed my locker. It's been a week since I went bowling with him and now he thinks that we're best friends. He won't leave me alone. Meaning, he follows me everywhere! Yesterday, I was in the restroom just before lunch and Ethan decided that he'd wait for me outside the bathroom until I was done. He sits with me at lunch, too. He even followed me home when I had to walk!

"Why don't you eat a cupcake and leave me alone?" I suggested.

"Nah, you're way better than a cupcake." he stated with a smirk.

"Alright. Bye." I waved him off and walked away and headed to walk home because Jay was with my dad, buying a new car for Jay.

"Wait!" he called out, "Today's Friday!"

"So? I'm aware that Friday is a day of the week." I stated, looking at him stupidly.

"No, I mean don't I owe you a movie?" he pointed out, "Since you know? You beat me in bowling." he mumbled quietly, making sure no one heard him.

"Fine, I'll go with you. But it's only because I want to see you cry." I said with a small grin.

"Whatever floats your boat, babe." he smirks. Stupid jerk.

With that being said, he led the way to his car. He opened the passenger door and I slipped inside. Who knew the player was a gentleman? Then again, this could just be one of his acts to get in my pants.

I snapped out of my thinking when he said, "So, what's this movie we're seeing again?"

"The Fault In Our Stars! I can't wait to see it! I mean the book was already fantastic! Imagine what the movie would be like." I stated, excitedly.

"Doesn't the girl die?" he asked, curiously. I gaped at him. What kind of person hasn't read The Fault In Our Stars?! He saw my expression and looked at me confused. "I saw the trailer and it's kind of obvious that the girl dies." I gaped at him even more. HE THINKS HAZEL GRACE DIES.

"Y-you haven't read the book yet?!?!" I exclaimed. This is unbelievable!

"No, of course not. I don't read. I only look at the summaries on Google if I need them for an essay, duh. That's what everyone does these days." he stated, looking at me if I was stupid.

"You're crazy! When was the last time you read an actual book?" I asked, curiously.

"Does looking at the pictures in my mom's cookbook count?" he asked, with a shy grin.

I gaped at him and shook my head. I didn't even notice that we were at the mall already.

We went down and headed for the movies. "Wait! Are you going to cry during the movie?" he asked me.

"Most likely."

He groaned and we headed to the line where people were buying tickets. All of a sudden, I heard squealing. I covered my ears because it went right through my ears. Ouch.

I turned around and saw a group of girls wearing shorts that practically show you their bottoms. They were also wearing the most revealing tops ever. It looked like a bra but maybe an inch or two longer. Disgusting. They went to where we were standing.

"Hi Ethy!" Ethy? I snorted out loud. It sounded like the alien, E.T.

"Hey." Ethan winked at her and her friends, causing all of them to giggle. I wanted to throw up.

"So Ethy! What are you doing here? That your cousin?" she asked, pointing at me. Strike one, bitch. Two more and you're out. "Oh well, anyways, do you want to come with us to go shopping?" she asked, completely ignoring me again. See, these are the types of people that I hate.

"Sorry, I can't. Maybe next time, then after we can do something else." he winked. He continued flirting with her, ignoring me. This line wasn't even moving. You know what? I'm out.

I walked away from Ethan and the flirts. I glanced and noticed that he still hadn't noticed that I was leaving. Jerk.

Hmmm! What should I do now? Oooh! I could go skirt shopping. Hey! I'm still a girl, you know!

I headed inside Forever 21 and started looking at the skirts they had in one section. It was about 15 minutes when my eyes found the cutest skirt ever on the other side of the row I was in. I rushed to get it, but right when I grabbed it, so did another girl.

"Oh sorry! Here! It's all yours!" she said, handing the skirt to me.

"Oh no! It's okay! Here you take it." I gave it back to her. This continued for about five minutes, until we both started cracking up because it actually took us that long to argue who gets the skirt.

"How about we both ditch the skirt and look around for some other clothes?" I offered her with a kind smile.

She smiled brightly at me and accepted my invitation. "Sure! I'm Ariana! You can call me Ari!" she held out her hand to me. She looked oddly familiar. If not familiar, she resembled to someone I knew.

"I'm Andrea." I shook her hand.

"Well Andrea! I'll call you Andy!" With that being said, we shopped around Forever 21 for hours and ended up getting a load of clothes. We even got matching clothes. It's funny how close you can get to someone in a couple of hours. She was practically my best friend now, believe it or not.

We were now headed to buy some shoes because she said she needed them for a dinner she was going to.

"So! What school do you go to?" she asked me, as she was trying on the pair of silver heels she had seen.

"Jefferson High." I told her, with a smile.

"No freakin' way! I go there, too!" she exclaimed. She stood up and started jumping up and down.

I laughed. "Really?! I'm a senior! What about you?" I asked her. I haven't really seen her around school.

"I'm a sophmore! But you're in the same grade as my brother!" she exclaimed. "How old are you?"

"I'm seventeen! Eighteen next month." I smiled.

"Cool! I'm 15, turning 16 in two months! Oh my god! Your birthday's in a month! Are you having a party?" she asked, bouncing even more.

I shrugged. "I don't really know. Parties aren't really my thing."

"Me either, unless I like the person throwing the party. My brother just throws a bunch of parties to look cool and to attract sluts he can sleep with." she stated, grimacing. Hmm... speaking of sluts. I wonder if Ethan noticed I was gone or he just continued talking to the girls.

"I hate those type of people and don't even get me started about those girls. I call them slutos." I laughed.

Ariana bursted out laughing, clutching her stomach. "O-o-oh my god. Slutos! You made them sound like a cereal brand!" she continued laughing and I joined along.

Ariana ended up buying the heels and I bought myself a pair of black, combat boots.

We agreed to going to Starbucks and cooling off for a bit before doing some more shopping. I got myself a vanilla bean frappuccino with caramel, while Ari got a caramel frappuccino. We sat down and continued talking.

"So, what brings you to the mall?" I asked her.

"Eh. I was bored at home and it was Friday. So, I asked my mom to drop me off here." she shurugged. "What about you?"

"I was supposed to watch a movie with this guy, but he sort of pissed me off by flirting with other girls while we were in line." I stated, remembering Ethan and his player self.

"What a jerk! I hate guys that ask you on a date and just flirt with other girls!" she exclaimed, throwing her arms up in the air.

I almost spat my drink when she said date. "It wasn't a date!" I defended.

"It wasn't? Then what was it?" she asked me with a confused expression.

"It was more like a bet reward?" I told her, questionably. I wasn't even sure of my answer.

"Ooooh! Tell me about it!" So that's how I started telling her about me beating Ethan in bowling and him agreeing to seeing The Fault In Our Stars. Of course, not mentioning Ethan's name.

She bursted out laughing by the end of the story. We started talking more and more about other random things, having a good time.

Our fun was interrupted when Ari looked at something or someone behind me and asked, "What are you doing here?" she raised an eyebrow at that person. This made me turn around and once again, I almost spat my drink out. Ethan was right in front of me with a pissed off expression on his face. Well then.

"Hello? I'm talking to you, dear brother! What are you doing here?" she asked Ethan, her brother. WAIT. HER BROTHER?! ETHAN JOHNSON IS HER BROTHER. THE GUY THAT I BEAT IN BOWLING.

"WAIT." I said standing up and pointing at Ethan. "HE'S YOUR BROTHER?!" I exclaimed.

Ari looked at me weirdly and nodded her head up and down, "Yeah. I wish he wasn't, but yeah."

"Okay, enough of this." Ethan suddenly said and turned to face me. "Where have you been?! I've been looking everywhere for you!" he stared me down and glared at me. Damn, he was hot when he was pissed. Wait, what? I didn't say that.

"Well you didn't look hard enough." I crossed my arms and glared back at him.

"Wait! He's the guy that started flirting with other girls at the movies and the one you beat in bowling?!" Ari exclaimed, disbelief in her eyes.

"Yes, unfortunately." I told her. Ethan was about to say something, but Ari beat him.

She gave me a sympathetic smile and said, "Oh well! Let's go do some more shopping!" She grabbed my hand and was about to start skipping with me when Ethan grabbed my arm and pulled us to a stop.

"What?!" Ari and I said at the same time, glaring at Ethan. We both looked at each other and giggled. We high-fived each other and went back to glaring at Ethan.

"When did you guys become best friends?!" he asked both of us, glaring back.

"Since I ditched you earlier because you were flirting with the slutos." I stated, with a smirk.

Ari started giggling at the word slutos again. "Yeah and we've been shopping for hours! So, I guess you are right! She's my new best friend!" Ari exclaimed, hugging me.

Ethan looked at us, horrified. "Do you realize how long I've been looking for you, Andrea?!" he yelled. "And then I come back here and find out that you were just hanging out with my sister, who is now your best friend?!" Oh no, he called me Andrea. He never calls me by my name. He must be really pissed.

"That pretty much sums up the situation." Ari pitched in.

"What do you mean you came back here? Where did you go? To the slutos house?" I asked him with a raised eyebrow. Ari was looking at us with amusement as she sat back down.

"Slutos?! What? I went back to your house and checked if you were there and when you weren't I started panicking! Hell, I even started panicking when you weren't next to me in line!" he yelled, once again.

"Well that was your fault." I crossed my arms and looked at him.

"How?" he asked me with a questioning expression.

"I left because I felt awkward that you were there flirting with other girls! Well, disgusted is a better term." I told him.

"Why? Were you jealous?" His smirk was back and it was giving me the chills.

Before I could deny it, Ari came up to me and grabbed my hand once again. "This has been very, very amusing, but we have some shopping to do."

"Fine, I'll come with you guys." Ethan stated, crossing his arms and walking with us. "You know? To make sure no one gets lost or ditches this time." he said, looking directly at me. I hate you, Ethan.

This has been an intersting Friday.

TA DA!

How was that guys? I really enjoyed writing this chapter and I hope you guys like it! I love Ariana's character! She's so sassy and bubbly and I love it and I'm sure you will, too! But Ethan's a jerk, huh? But it was cute how he was worried about Andrea! Oh and damn slutos! I just noticed that this story has over 14K reads! Thank you guys so much! I'll try to update one more time before school starts. Kill me. Just kidding, I love life.

Remember to vote, comment, and fan! Love you guys <3

QOTD: What is your favorite song at the moment?

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

325K 9.3K 12
"You wanna say that again?" he hisses, his face inches from mine, his hands on either side of my head. I can't help but notice how blue his eyes are...
Playing A Dangerous Game Від @TheMightyKeyboard

Підліткова література

195K 5.5K 33
"That's not something you mess around with." I say to her and she just rolled her eyes. "It's not like he's going to fall for it anyway." S...
115K 2.1K 37
"I hate you," I could taste my own lies. He stepped closer and whispered in my ear, "face it goodie, you can't stay away from me." He was right as...
685K 22.1K 23
Attention: NOT FOR GRAMMAR FREAKS, I REPEAT, NOT FOR GRAMMAR FREAKS or people who likes to correct mistakes. Sorry but it just ruins my fun to write...