IMPERFECTION (AN INTERCULTURA...

By Simplicity_writes

Imperfection is the story of Anuoluwapo.A young energetic Yoruba lady who is full of life, she's independent... More

Journey
Preparation
Mrs. azim
August visitor
I'll be your girlfriend
First visit
First weekend
Best Man Ever
Suprise ! yet surprised
Hidden Emotions
Ameera
Who is Khalifa ?
The big question
Greatest fear
Unexpected guest
That's my man
Finally!
Planning my wedding
Engagement ceremony.
Kunshi
Kamu
Wedding Dinner
Matrimony/ Budan Kai unveiling of bride
White wedding
Khalifa, the total package
Cupid
Pampered
Signs.
Expectance
Short lived.
Our love life
💞💞💞
occurred
Curiosity
Trouble in paradise
Not mine
Laugh last
D's Identity
Months later
New arrival
Motherhood
Changes
Shattered
Bonus chapter ( Khalifa's POV)
Mine
Mi familia perfecta
Afterward
Karma
Baecation
Bonus chapter; Zahra's wedding
Finale
Epilogue
Cast
Appreciation/Announcement
Bonus chapters or Not
Bonus chapter (1)

Assurance

1.8K 248 2
By Simplicity_writes

I couldn't take the pain anymore so I drove over to my mom's. I told her to come back home from shop and she rushed home when she saw I was crying on the phone.

She consoled me and told me not to mind khalifa's mother. She asked me not to believe everything she said to me.

I finally fell asleep on my mom's laps. When I woke up, it was already dark. I would have spent the night here but I decided to go back home. Mom tried to persuade me into staying but I left regardless.

I drove into my compound - I live in this house with two other tenant who have seperate flat. I came out of the car carried my bag and phone. I turned back to walk to my apartment.

As I approached the doorstep. I saw a too familiar figure sitting on the flower vase. He rested his head on his hand. I think he's sleeping sef. I don't think i'm ready to face Khalifa after everything I've been through today. .

I walked to the door. As soon as I stepped on the porch, he looked up. I glanced briefly at him before going to the door.

"Anu where are you coming from by this time of the night " he questioned. I ignored him, opened the door and walked straight in. He followed behind.

"Anu i am talking to you. Where are you coming from. This is past 10 for fuck sake! I've been here waiting for over two hours. I tried calling you but your number is not available. Now i'm asking you something and you're ignoring me " he yelled

I placed my bag on the couch and turned to him "i'm a grown ass woman. And I do whatever I like..why do you care about the time i return back to my house! ”

He was taken aback by my response. " Are you forgetting who i am? I am your fiance ",

"Oh but you haven't been acting like one lately. " I crossed my hands on my chest

He furrowed his brows "what are you talking about". His voice softened

I looked away "see am not ready for unnecessary argument tonight. Just let me be "

"No no you're going to tell me what you mean right now" he turned my face to his.

I sighed involuntarily"when last have you called me like you used to. I take it upon myself to call and text but every time you find one excuse or the other. You were traveling out of the country and you couldn't even inform me. I stayed alone in that big house for the weekend.when last have you acted like my fiance " my voice cracked. I try my hardest not to cry right now.

"But baby. I have been busy. Work has been hectic as hell. I have been very busy..."

"Oh really , busy spending some quality time with mariama on the beach of Miami " I stated. Khalifa shot me a  look. He's visibly shocked

"How do you know that?" He questioned.

"Oh, so it's true " I gave a hysteric laugh. " I was all alone for three days in that house and where were you?... You were playing romeo with you lover in another country and when I asked you told me you were on a business meeting...... I just can't believe this. You're such a pathetic liar"a single tear escaped my eyes. I wiped it off quickly.

"Anu, I don't understand what you're talking about. Where did you get all this from " he said with his innocent voice and that piss me off the more.

I bent down and checked in my bag. I remember Khalifa mom left the pictures with me. I brought out the envelope and threw it on Khalifa. It hit his chest before landing on the floor " and you tell Me you don't understand "I yelled.

He looked at me before bending down to pick the envelope. He stood up, opened it and checked the picture one by one.  "And i'm here acting the faithful lover trying hard to save us. Tell me you don't understand this, Tell me!" I yelled.

He held the pictures up.he's evidently angry now. His breathing hitched "where did you get these pictures ?" he asked.

"Where I got it from doesn't matter. All that matters is that you've been lying to me all this while"

"Anu i'm not joking right now,where did you get this picture?” he said quietly but sure still boiling.

"Where I got the picture has nothing to do with everything we are talking about "

"Answer me!!!"he yelled and I flinched.

"Your mom" I said quietly

He crowed his face "my mom?" He asked .

"She came here this morning. She told me about your trip with the girl and  showed me these pictures"

Khalifa anger started growing again, he paced the room. "What else did she tell you."

"She pratically knows everything about my life. She told me the story of my life from the beginning to the end. She said we were not compatible. She told me you're engaged to Mariama  She said I'm not good enough for you. She told me about this and offered me ten million naira to leave you again.........wait. Don't think you can switch the topic on me.   All this has nothing to do with the fact that you lied to me"

Khalifa softened "baby don't mind everything my mom has said. And I didn't lie to you. There nothing between Mariama and I other than mere friendship. She's a family friend. I went to Miami on a business convention. So did Mariama. She suggested we hit the beach after much stress. I'm not lying to you "

"Then why didn't you tell me about it. Why didn't you tell me you were traveling." My voice  cracked

"I didn't want to disturb you after everything that is going on. There's nothing between mariama and I. Please believe me. My mom is just finding a way to seperat us. Please just believe me " he tried to come closer.

"You know what I don't believe you " he stopped on his track. And looked at me with a confusing look. I ignored him and continued " From the start you've  been lying to me. First it was Racheal, then your status and now this. I don't believe any word you say"

I try my hardest to believe everything he told me but I just can't bring myself to do so. He lied to me in the past already and am not sure if I'm ready to trust him.

He placed his hands On his waist. Sighed and murmured " what do I do to make you believe me." He thought for a while before bringing his phone out of his pocket. He dialed a number.

"Hey  mariama"

What! He even has the audacity to call her in front of me.  I gave him this 'like seriously 'look. He ignored me and continued talking

"Uhm, someone took pictures of us on the beach last week and showed it to my fiancee feeding her with lies. Now she doesn't want to believe that there's nothing between us more than mere friendship" he grew quiet for a while before removing the phone from his ear and placing it on speaker.

"The phone is on speaker " he said. "Hi. I'm mariama,Khalifa told me everything that happened. Darling whallai, Theres nothing between the both of us. We're really good friends. I've known him since we were kids. We both travelled to Miami on a conference and I can assure you he was so worried about you. He told me he didn't like the way you were home  alone so i forced him to go to the beach with me. In fact those silly American girls were trying to flirt with him but he paid none of them any attention. Sweetie he loves you. He really does. If you see the way he was talking about you. Don't believe any rumor anybody is telling you. Your man cherish you alot"

"Thank you Mariama " Khalifa spoke.

"You're welcome and Anu, I'll like to meet you in person. You look beautiful in those pictures Khalifa showed me "

I muttered thank you . she spoke again "bye Guys . And baby girl grab your man before someone snatch him from you " she said and hung up. I smiled.

Khalifa turned to me gave me ' I told you ' look. He sighed and moved closer to me. He placed his hands around my waist and pulled me to him.   " Anu I love you. You're the only woman in my life. I love you much and I can never think of hurting you. My mom is just trying to break  us up but she doesn't understand our love. I love you no matter what happens   just believe me. "

I sighed and rested my head on his chest. "I'm sorry. You should please understand how I felt when I saw that picture. You didn't even tell me you were travelling and me seeing you with another woman. I lost it. I'm sorry and I love you too "

He kissed my forehead  "so would you like to tell me where you're coming from "

"When I couldn't take the Pain anymore,I went to my mom's I slept off that is why I came late. What about you?. When did u arrive Lagos. "

"This evening. I haven't seen you in a long time and I miss you like I was gonna die"

"I miss you too baby " I removed my head from his chest. Stood on my toes and planted a kiss on his mouth. He bent his head and kissed me properly.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.7K 3.7K 25
Love is a strong feeling of affection, idolization, adulation, endearment and adoration. Love is happiness and love is delight. As a young Muslimah...
176K 16.4K 73
Highest Ranking..../22-03-2020/ #2 in Nigeria #1 in Maryam #1 in Kareem #5 in Wattpad banters #16 in Muslimah #25 in Spiritual #41 in Watty #84 in Mi...
62.6K 6.7K 72
Sakeena Ibrahim Abdulmaleek; Fierce, bold, challenging and brave. Never thought her life will turn out that way. At the age of fourteen, her life cha...
6K 314 17
Jalilah had it all figured out, graduated, travelled around the world, and eventually find that one true undeniable love. In a twist of fate, she wa...