Compulsion - The Greenhouse A...

By WriteAwayGirl01

"The tragedy of life is not death ... but what we let die inside of us while we still live." Adalynn Stanton... More

I n t r o d u c t i o n
C h a r a c t e r s a n d Q u o t e s
E p i g r a p h
T r a i l e r
P r e f a c e
1: "J u s t M a i l"
2: "Y o u L i k e C a r s?"
3: R o o m N u m b e r 2 6
4: F r i e n d s
5: W e l c o m e
6: "A m a z i n g D e a n"
7: "J u s t B e i n g N o s y"
8: S p e c i a l T a l e n t
9: "W h e r e a r e t h e y G o i n g?"
10: "W e N e e d P r o o f"
11: "E v e r H e a r d o f B l a c k m a i l i n g?"
13: "I' m S o r r y"
14: A t h e n a L a u n ch
15: "S h e' s D e a d"
16: "W h a t i f S h e K n e w?"
17: R y a n O p e r a t i o n P a c t
18: M a r c u s
19: "I t' s U r g e n t"
20: D e d i c at i o n
21: M i c r o S i z e S p y w a r e
22: "H o w C o u l d Y o u L e t T h i s H a p p e n?"
23: R y a n' s R e a l M i s s i o n
24: "I n m y O f f i c e ... N o w!"
25: B r e a k - i n
26: "B r e a k i n g N e w s"
27: "T h e y' r e W o r k i n g f o r J u d y"
28: E a r t h q u a k e!
29: E ig h t M o n t h s a n d C o u n t i n g
30: A r r e s t
31: M i s s i n g R a n g e r
32: "W e S t i c k T o g e t h e r"
33: I n v e s t i g a t i o n G e t s D e a d l y
34: "W h a t' s W r o n g W i t h B r o o k e?"
35: B i o l o g y L a b
36: E x p u l s i o n?
37: T he W h i t e K n i g h t
38: F o r t y - E i g h t H o u r s
39: J a s o n' s A c c o m p l i c e
40: C a p t u r e
41: T r a p p e d!
42: T i c k i n g T i m e B o m b
43: "S a v e Y o u r s e l f"
44: T i m e t o C o m e H o m e
A u t h o r' s N o t e
T a g g e d??

12: F a l l D o w n

1.8K 61 5
By WriteAwayGirl01

"Stepping outside my head

I don't wanna hear what you said

I don't wanna fall down flights of stairs

Tripwires everywhere

I'm climbing trying to get from under you

If you ask me back I'll go, I need distraction"

~ Louder by Neon Jungle

"I see how it is. I'm sorry, but I'm afraid you're gonna have to see me and Ethan get expelled because I'm not gonna tell you anything ever."

At this, all three girls stared at Max in shock.

"W-what?" Adalynn burst out pleadingly. "Max - please ... if it was something illegal - well, maybe I can help you!"

"Yeah!" Hayley cut in. "My Dad's an FBI agent, he should be able to help you guys if you're in trouble ..."

"Your dad's a freaking what?" Jackie hissed, her eyebrows raised disbelievingly. "How come you never told US that?"

"It never came up," Hayley shrugged.

"Well now that we've gotten the small talk over, I'd better go and head back to my dorm," Max stood up abruptly and brushed down his pants.

"Max!" Adalynn grabbed his arm as he turned to leave. "Please, don't do this."

Max stared at her for a minute, then he shook his head and wrenched his arm away from her. "I - I trusted you, Ad! I trusted you!" and with that, Max whirled around on his heel and stalked from the room.

A deathly silence filled the air.

"Well ... that worked," Hayley groaned as she flopped back down on Adalynn's bed.

Jackie rolled her eyes and sighed. "Now Ethan's gonna learn all about this and let me assure you, we're probably gonna get a lecture or two from him!"

"We deserve it," Adalynn mumbled, her shoulders slumped and her eyes droopy. "I - I'm sorry. The blackmailing thing was my idea; I just didn't think Max would react that way."

"Sooo ... are we gonna show the video to Louis now or what?" Hayley questioned.

All three of them exchanged glances.

"I think we can all agree on what to do that's proper," Jackie answered slowly. "But I also think we can agree on what to do that's right."

Hayley and Adalynn nodded soberly.

"Adalynn," Jackie turned to her. "Delete that video. Make sure no one sees it - ever."

Adalynn heaved a sigh of relief as she quickly tapped away at her phone screen. "It's gone," she finally spoke up.

"Thank goodness for that!" Hayley huffed with satisfaction.

CREAK.

Adalynn's eyes widened in horror as she heard the sound. She whirled around to face the partially opened doorway. "W-whose there?" she called out, her hands beginning to tremble. "Hello?"

She quickly walked to the door and peered out. She glanced down both sides of the passage. She couldn't see anyone. Turning back to Jackie, Adalynn hissed, "I think we might have to find a new headquarters. The very walls in this school seem to have ears."

"I wouldn't be surprised if that was Aspen eavesdropping on us," Jackie grumbled.

"Well, if it was, we're in a heap of trouble," Hayley moaned from her sprawled position on the bed.

"Adi's right. We need to find a new place to talk, just for the three of us," Jackie stated firmly. "I'll start looking around, but we can't waste too much time, classes start tomorrow."

Adalynn sent Jackie a small smile. "Yeah, I get it. Well, I'd help you, but Louis has asked if I can pick up some extra textbooks from the lobby. He thinks they'll help me to catch up with my lessons."

Jackie waved her away. "Go on. We'll meet you by the beach in about an hour, okay?"

Adalynn nodded. "Cool. Thanks."

Slipping out of the room, Adalynn made her way to the lobby. As she was bounding noisily down the stairs, she heard her name being called. Surprised, she glanced over her shoulder to see Leo running after her.

"Hey, Ad!" he grinned as he fell into step beside her. "How's it like being a Raven?"

Adalynn chuckled. "Yeah. It's great so far. Hey, I was wondering, are there any skate-parks close by? I could use some exercise."

Leo grinned. "Actually I was on my way to one right now. You wanna come with?"

Adalynn nodded. "Sure. I just need to grab some textbooks from the lobby and my board from my room but I'll see you at the door in five, yeah?"

"Sounds like a plan," Leo flashed her a charming smile as they reached the lower floor. "See you then." He gave her a fist-bump before hurrying away in the opposite direction.

Adalynn walked over to the reception desk and collected the stack of heavy books that were waiting for her. She scurried back up to her room and placed them on her bedside table. Hayley and Jackie had vacated the area and for that, Adalynn was glad. She could grab her skateboard without being questioned.

As she skipped back down the stairs, she heard the startling noise of a door being slammed shut.

Adalynn jumped and then paused as she glanced around. What was that?

"Adalynn!"

Adalynn swung around to face the speaker and drew back, her breath caught in her throat. Ethan Miller was striding down the wide, boarded steps towards her!

"Oh, uh ... E-than," she stuttered. "Hi ... I - I don't think I've ever actually introduced myself ..."

"Stop playing games with me!" he snapped as he came to a halt right in front of her.

Adalynn gaped at him, shocked. "W-what? What are you talking about?"

"You know what I'm talking about. The video. The one you took of Max and me? Where is it?"

Adalynn froze. Oh no.

"Where ... is ... it?"

"I - I deleted it," the words tumbled out of Adalynn's mouth before she could stop them.

"I don't believe you."

"Excuse me?"

"You tried to blackmail my brother. You threatened to turn him into Louis if he didn't tell you what was going on. You betrayed him. How could you do that? He's devastated!" Ethan's voice remained low, calm and steady, yet tremors of anger seeped through his words.

Adalynn ducked her head. "I - I'm sorry, Ethan. I - I really am. I - that is - I didn't want him to get hurt. I - I just wanted to help him."

"And blackmailing is the way to go about that, is it?" Ethan shot out sarcastically.

"No! No, no - it's not like that ..."

"Hey, is everything alright?"

Surprised, Adalynn and Ethan looked down over the stair railing. Leo was standing at the foot of the steps, his board tucked under one arm and a suspicious, confused look on his face.

Ethan glanced from Leo's board to Adalynn's and then scoffed as he shook his head. "I see how it is. Fine. Go on. Have a nice time, you two." And with that, Ethan spun around and stormed off.

Tears filled Adalynn's eyes as she watched him go. Guilt stabbed her heart. A swarm of emotions flushed through her mind. A throbbing pain began to pound in her head. Dark spots began to dance in front of her eyes.

"A-Adalynn?" Leo gasped as he hurried up the stairs towards her. "Adalynn! Are you alright?"

"I - I didn't mean it," she whispered. "I didn't mean it."

The last thing Adalynn remembered was falling. Her head hit something hard. Someone started screaming, yelling for help. The ceiling spun and the walls caved in on each other. Then everything went black.

____

Gif: Adalynn waiting for Leo.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.1K 853 22
❝No great love, Ever came without struggle❞ After having her world shattered, Scarlett Swan must put those she loves before her in order to save ever...
214K 4.7K 42
"After all the things that have happened to me in the past year, meeting you was the best." "I don't blame you, I'm awesome." [ T...
299K 9.1K 52
"Maybe you are a monster, but so am I and so is Dean. Maybe every human or every living being is a monster. But who ever said that monsters can't sav...
775K 17.5K 46
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.