The Boyfriend Games (slowly e...

By PurplePillow

Every year, the girls assemble in the music room. The boys don't have a clue about what happens in there. But... More

Chapter 1 ✔
Chapter 2 ✔
Chapter 3 ✔
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13 ✓
Chapter 14 ✓
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21 √
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Epilogue
One Shot Competition!
One Shot Competition Results

Chapter 20

74.8K 1.3K 524
By PurplePillow

Emerald's POV

Yesterday was.. Whooo! Blake had 'proposed' really awesomely, and asked me to go to prom with him. Obviously, I happily agreed. Every time I was with him, I started forgetting that he was just my target for The Games. I kind of started forgetting about the games altogether, and treating this like it was real. 

I wondered if it was real for Blake. Could he really start falling for me? Or, was he just trying to get into my pants? Prom was in two or three weeks- Could he be planning to hump and dump me then?? 

All these questions were bombarding my mind as I walked towards my locker to take out my gym outfit. I was a natural worry wart, and I had to constantly remind myself not to make a mountain out of a molehill. I absent-mindedly opened my locker, and a hoard of tiny pieces of paper fell onto me. What was this? The Note Movement? I don't think so. "Screw the notes." I muttered to myself, and bent down to pick them up. I was about to stuff them into my pocket, when I noticed there was writing on it. 

'Be my prom date?'

Was it from Blake? I didn't really think he would do these types of things, besides, I had already agreed to be his date. Who else could it be from? Randy? I suspected the culprit was Randy, because everyone knew he liked me. 

"Blake, did you slip notes into my locker?" I asked Blake when I met him in the gym, and he shook his head confusedly. "Why?" He asked, grabbing my arm, and I kept mum about it. "I dunno.. I found papers in my locker. I think it's a prank.." I told him, and he nodded in understanding. 

"Students! We're going to play soccer today! Blake! Darren! Captains!" Coach Wilkins shouted at us, and we stood up straight as my boyfriend and bestfriend walked towards the front. "Pick your teams! Rock paper scissors goes first!" He yelled at them, and they hurriedly played that childish game. Darren had rock and Blake had scissors. "Em." Darren spoke smoothly, and Blake shot him a death glare. "I was going to pick her," I heard Blake talking through clenched teeth, and Darren shrugged, waving me forward. I slowly lined up behind him. 

The selections went fairly well, with Massie somehow ending up on Blake's team. More random names were called, and the queue got longer. "Team! Huddle!" Darren commanded, and we formed a tight oval, arms over shoulders. "Okay..." Darren blabbed on and on, and my mind went blank. I could only think of Blake's team trashing ours. Most of the sportsmen were on his team. 

I heard the whistle blowing, and we started running towards the centre where Coach Wilkins had thrown the soccer ball. Obviously, Blake's team got the ball first, and they were approaching the goalie. Fast. I was a sore loser, so I ran for my life, and jumped at the ball, trying to stop it from reaching the goalie. It felt  like it was in slow-mo, as the ball flew towards the goal, and I jumped high, trying to stop it. 

I somewhat did, with my head. I didn't know that they could kick so hard. My vision was blurry as I landed hard on the ground, and I faintly heard Coach Wilkins screaming 'Time Out'. My head was throbbing, and I longed to close my eyes. "Hey, Em. Keep your eyes open!" Blake howled at me, and I shakily moved my hand to hold his. "Good night, Blake." I smiled drowsily, before laying my head on the grass, out cold. Before I truly fell into my 'coma', I heard some scuffling, and a sound of something cracking.

* * *

"Em! Are you okay?" A familiar voice rang in my ears, and I let out a groan. I had a splitting headache, like a really bad hangover. I tried to open my eyes, but they were too heavy. "Blake.. Water!" I croaked, and I heard movement. In a few seconds, I felt Blake gently place a glass of plain water in my hands, and I brought it to my lips. "Ahh," I sighed in content after gulping it down. My headache wasn't as bad now that I was quenched.

"What happened?" I asked him, and I saw a flash of anger in his eyes. "One of the guys on my team hit you remember?" He said stiffly, and memories from hours ago flooded back into my mind. "Ouch," I felt my forehead, feeling a sharp pain suddenly in my brain.

"Don't worry, he paid back," Blake snickered at me, and I remembered the sound of cracking. "Which bone did you break?" I asked him worriedly, and he gave me a huuuuge smile. "Nose," Blake replied proudly, tapping his nose bridge. 

"That's.. Not good, but not bad." I found myself grinning back at him so widely that my jaw started hurting. I guessed that I had a mean streak in me. "Cool, rest then." Blake kissed my forehead so tenderly I could cry, and walked out of the infirmary. I rested my head on the soft pillow with a thud, and slowly drifted off to sleep...

* * *

Blake's POV

"I'm so sorry, Blake." That idiot that hurt Em was still trying to apologise? "You're off the team," I growled at him, and he picked up his pace as he tried to keep up with me. "Do you want me to break your fingers?" I threatened, stopping suddenly, and he crashed right into me, before jumping a few feet backwards. "N-no. Don't kick me off the team. I need a scholarship," He begged, going on his knees. "Sorry. Anyone who hurts my girl regrets it." I said harshly, before walking off, leaving him on the ground. 

I didn't know why I was so protective over Em. I had never cared so much about my girlfriends, neither had I ever had a girlfriend for over a week. Em, on the other hand, was.. Different. I know she was forced to 'seduce' me, but I had a feeling she was starting to genuinely fall for me. I, on the other hand, was completely head over heels for her. But, I couldn't tell her that, right? She would think I was so obsessed and maybe dump me. I was just too whipped. 

If she happened to dump my ass after she wins the game, I would just curl up and die. Although.. I still kind of wanted her to win.

Speaking of which, what were the conditions to win this game? I needed to ask Mikaela!

She would be at her cheer meeting or something, so I walked towards the football field. Sure enough, there she was, screaming orders into her megaphone. I walked up to the area behind her, and tapped her shoulder. She turned quickly, and narrowed her eyes at me. "I need to talk to you," I asked her as calmly as possible, and she nodded. After shouting at her cheerleaders to practice their pyramid, she turned to me. 

"What?" Her stare bore into me, and I shifted my weight from one foot to another in discomfort. "What are the conditions to win the games?" I asked her, and she stuck her nose into the air. "Why should I tell you?" She demanded for an answer, and I was dumb-struck. "Um, I really want Em to win, so I needa know." I swallowed my spit, hoping it was a good enough answer. 

Apparently, it was. 

Mikaela grabbed my arm, and dragged me to her locker where she took out a leather-bounded book, and handed it to me. "Read it. I owe Em a favour, so this is it." She told me, before walking off. I held the book with my two hands- It was so important! 

Ensuingly, I walked to a nearby concrete bench and sat down, before opening the old, yellowing book. The first page of it read 'Rules Of The Boyfriend Games.' The next page was filled with signatures, and it's title was 'Winners.' I counted the signatures. There were thirty. The first signature belonged to someone named 'Freida Hills', and the consecutive ones were all weird.

I flipped through the whole book, looking at pictures of the winners and all that, until I came to the second last page, where all the rules were. 

I briefly knew most of the rules, but the last one was extremely shocking.

#5 Must sleep with the guy to win.

I rubbed my eyes a few times to see if it was written correctly- It was. But.. Em hadn't made any advances towards that category. Didn't she want to win? I felt quite proud that she hadn't done those things though- It could mean that she genuinely liked me, like how I lov- Liked her. 

I had to help her win. Maybe by doing that, I could make her love me back.

* * *

 Em's POV

"Hey Em!" Darren's head stuck into my room, and I shyly smiled at me. "Come in Darren," I sighed, and he quickly flopped on my bed, his weight making it tilt to one side. Not that he was fat. "How are you, Em?" He asked, gently prodding my forehead like an expert. His cool fingers brushed against me skin, and I flinched. To me, it was like Blake could only touch my forehead. "Sorry," He apologised. 

"You know, we haven't talked much since the games," I admitted to him, and he nodded. "Yeah, Massie's really needy," He told me, and I nodded awkwardly. I didn't want to talk to him about his stupid girlfriend! I wanted to talk to him about music and other stuff! "So, have you gotten Foster The People's new album?" I asked him, and he nodded excitedly, talking about their cool songs, Houdini and Pumped Up Kicks.  

We got into a heated discussion about which singer was better, Avril Lavigne or Demi Lovato. Personally, I liked Avril Lavigne better, but Darren just had to oppose me. In the end, I changed the subject back to Massie and Blake. It was much better than comparing singers. "So, what dates have you brought Massie on?" I asked him, and he launched into talking about the romantic date at the chinese restaurant. "Oh, Blake asked me to prom!!!" I told him eagerly, and he frowned. Why did he frown? Wasn't he happy for me? "Aren't you gonna ask Massie?" I questioned, and he nodded skeptically. 

"Yeah, but I want to help you win still.." He drifted off when he saw the weird look on my face. "No! Darren, you love Massie, so you should help her!" I instructed him, and he glared at me. "I haven't fallen for her yet." He mumbled, but I chose to ignore his words. "Whatever, just don't try help me," I told him seriously and he nodded sullenly. 

Just then, I heard the door bell ring. "I'll go get that," I shouted for no apparent reason, and dashed down the stairs to open the front door. 

"Hey Emmi!" Blake gave me a kiss on the lips as he greeted me, and I wrapped my arms around him. "Is your head okay?" He asked, looking at the forming bruise on my forehead. "Yeah, it's just throbbing a tad' bit." I replied and he smiled. "Let's go up! Darren's here! You guys can.. Bond!" I teased him, and he narrowed his eyes at me, following me up the stairs. 

"Hello, Blake." Darren said coldly when Blake and I stepped into the room. He was lying on my bed, doing something. "Hello. Darren." Blake retorted icily, and I wanted to punch them for being so childish. It got worst. 

"Blake, do you know Em's favourite colour?" Darren asked my boyfriend coolly, and he nodded. "Do you?" Blake shot back, and Darren gave him the are-you-stupid look. 

"Do you know that I've been taking Em to every dance since Freshman year?" 

I so wanted to bitch-slap my nearly-ex-best friend. 

~~~ 

Hey! As you can see, I've entered this book in the Watty Awards 2012!:D So every vote COUNTS! I know I won't win, but it's cool:D just giving it a shot. Umm.. All those people that say im 'forcing' people to vote, it's not like that kay? Um, what elsee? Oh! You know that unknown POV dude? I won't reveal it until the crucial time!

OKAY:D Toodles!:P

Oh! Read my book 'That Girl'

Oh yeah, if you read this weird author's note here, type like 'Pluto' in the comments:D 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

352K 6.2K 72
Alli, short for Allison is the sister of the quarterback, who is dating the head cheerleader. As if that wasn't enough, but no. Connor, her brother's...
7.8K 125 34
Bayleigh Tate Thought she had Senior year mapped out to the last detail. Her life couldn't be more perfect if she wanted it to. Perfect popular frien...
259K 7.6K 31
Colton Adams, son of professional football player Garrett Adams, is the typical Hollywood golden boy despite being from New York. Colton lives in his...
351K 10.7K 44
"Hello Autumn, I don't need to introduce myself cause everybody knows who I am, but I'm Blake." How does he know my name ? He answers my unasked ques...