As You Wish 🖤 || Sweetpea

By make_me_wanted

All snakes have a soft underbelly. Her friends were hers, but him? He was her biggest weakness. More

🖤Description🖤
🖤Disclaimer🖤
🖤2 - The Nightmare🖤
🖤3 - The Meeting🖤
🖤4 - Cheer Practice🖤
🖤5 - Before the Fight🖤
🖤6 - Kevin and Joaquin Go for An Adventure🖤
🖤7 - Ainsley Gets Shot🖤
🖤8 - The Threat🖤
🖤9 - The Fight🖤
🖤10 - Can It Really End Here?🖤
🖤11 - Finally!🖤
🖤12 - Sweet Pea and Ainsley Go Missing🖤
🖤13 - The Truth Slowly Seeps Out🖤
🖤14 - Finding Ainsley 🖤
🖤 15 - Daddy Dearest 🖤

🖤1 - The Beginning🖤

10K 110 48
By make_me_wanted

Disclaimer: Strong language/Themes (Self-Harm)
Note: This chapter will start from a narrators point of view but end up in Ainsley's. Majority of this book will be from her point of view unless otherwise stated.
Enjoy 🖤

April 17, 2002 - Riverdale; Northside
Screams came from the second floor of the gorgeous modern home. A woman, tired, lay sprawled across the sofa downstairs in the living area. Her eyes struggling to stay open as her ears rang from the constant screams, that never seemed to end.

It was 4:45pm, her husband would arrive home any minute. She knew if the screaming didn't stop soon, it would be her head on the chopping block tonight.

Groaning, the woman sluggishly got up from the sofa and walked up the stairs to where the screams came from. She heavily shoved the wooden door wide open, exposing a cute nursery.

Pink walls lay bare, the only thing in the room was an old wooden crib, with a two-month-old baby laying in it. Screaming her poor head off. All this child craves was a little attention. Her parents wanted nothing to do with her, but they put up with it. Until it became unbearable.

The front door slammed opened. A rugged man appeared, suit and tie, briefcase. Uptight looking man, with a dangerous secret. Or two. He snarled when he heard the child's screams. Storming up the stairs he looked at his exhausted wife, a small light of sympathy shined upon the mans face. Not enough however. Dropping his briefcase, he waltzed into the room and picked the baby up. Instantly calming her.

Holding the baby in one arm, carelessly, he grabbed his wife's hand with his free one and took them both downstairs and out to his car. The man had quite had enough.

Despite his wife's constant questions, he drove from one side of town to the next. Going from nice and cozy rich homes to what he liked to claim as the "dirty and rotten" district. Or as it was known as to the rest of the public, the man and his wife had driven from the Northside to the Southside.

Finding their way to an old run-down bar called the Whyte Wyrm. He parked his brand-new car in amongst the others, clearly showing he had cash to spend on stupid and frivolous things. Leaving his wife, he grabbed the baby and walked up to the back of the building where he found an old service door. He placed the baby beside the door and did one last nice thing for the child. He wrote a note that he attached to the baby's blanket, kissed her head and off he went.

That note read:

To whomever finds this child,
Her name is Ainsley. She was born on February 17, 2002. Once from the Northside. This child is too much to deal with so deal with IT as you please. Instead of an orphanage we believe that this place will be better for her, as we never want to see her face. She is a bad sign and is tearing us apart. Good riddance enjoy the baby.

Sincerely Yours.
L.
-

And that was how it ended. Just a single letter "L".

This poor child was left behind a bar for hours until someone finally stepped outside. A young woman by the name of Ellis Ambers. She smiled and took the child as her own. She kept the name Ainsley as she thought it suited her perfectly. Ellis never understood why someone would leave a baby at a place like that with a note. Whilst the note was a sweet gesture, what was written was not.

Ellis made a vow that she would protect this baby girl from the world and this "L" person with all that she had until the day she died. She did exactly that. For 12 years she raised that baby girl as if she were her own. Until she sadly passed away in August of 2014.

August 11, 2014 - Riverdale; Southside
It was something that all the Serpents arrived for. The funeral of a fellow member. Ainsley Ambers, the adopted daughter of Ellis Ambers was there the whole day. She had to hear what everyone said about her mother.

It was tough on them all and Ainsley swore vengeance against whoever killed her mother. The leader of the Serpents, and one of Ainsley's closest friends' father, FP Jones had found her mother brutally murdered just outside the town when he was on one of his many rides. Ainsley was the first person he had told. It broke his heart to see this young girl in so much pain. He even offered to take her in to live with him and his family, but she refused. Just as she did to everyone who offered her a new place of residence.

She wanted to stay in her mother's trailer, it was one of the last things she had of her mother, and she refused to let it go so easily.

All she had to remind her was the trailer, her mums' motorcycle and her mums serpent jacket that as soon as she turned 13, she told FP that she was going to join the serpents. To honour and respect her mother and to keep Ellis's memory alive. He reluctantly agreed but thought it was a good idea at heart.

Which brings us to present day. Start of a new school for Ainsley as she decided to start at Riverdale High with her closest friend Jughead Jones, instead of continuing at Southside High with two of her other friends, Toni Topaz and Fangs Fogarty. She wanted a different type of scenery and a different take on things for a while before she really made her mind up, or at least from 8:00am to 3:00pm Monday to Friday.

This is the story of Ainsley Ambers.

Start of Semester One, Present Day 2018 - Riverdale; Northside

I tore down the quiet streets of Riverdale upon my mums' old motorcycle, heading to my first day at a new school. Living alone was one thing but transferring schools was another. Especially as a serpent. To make things easier on myself, I decided that in order to make a good first impression I would not take my Serpent jacket to school but leave it at home where I can continue to protect those I love.

I arrived at the school, looking quite out of place. I parked my motorcycle and looked around me as I took my helmet off. I was surrounded by nice cars and prissy looking people. I took one look at myself and knew instantly that this was one of the worst ideas I had ever had.

I was dressed in a pair of ripped high waisted black skinny jeans, a normal black tank top and just my standard leather riding jacket.

Sigh. So much for first impressions.

Hopping off my bike with my bag slung off one shoulder now, I headed inside the school. Walking up those steps and through those double doors almost felt daunting. I had eyes on me instantly. The halls carried the students whispers as I walked by them on my way to the office.

I smiled at the older lady behind the desk as I walked in, gently placing my hand on the desk, tapping lightly to get her attention.

"Hi, my name is Ainsley Ambers. I'm the new transfer student from Southside High." I greeted the lady and put my hand out for her to shake which she did, returning the smile I was giving her.

"Welcome to Riverdale High Miss Ambers. You will have a guide with you for the day. In fact, they should be here any moment. Why don't you take these and go take a seat by the wall? Your guide should be here any moment now." With a sweet smile the lady handed me my class schedule, locker number and combination as well as a list of extracurricular activities that I could participate in if I chose. She pointed to the seats and I walked over taking one of them.

I placed my bag at my feet and pulled out my phone to quickly look at my appearance. I wore little to no makeup and had left my hair down, however due to the helmet I had on when I arrived, I had a terrible case of helmet hair. I quickly brushed my long brown locks with my fingers and pulled it, so it draped over my right shoulder.

I was too busy absorbed in the information that the lady had given me, that I didn't realise the person who was to be my guide walk in.

"Ainsley?" I was brought out of my own world by the voice. I knew it was a male voice, so I looked up to see who it was. Just my luck I was greeted with the face of my closest friend.

"Jughead Jones," a smile crept onto my face, wider than the one I gave the lady, "are you my guide for the day?" I asked him softly.

"Why yes I am. Now come on, I'll show you around and take you to your new locker." He chuckled at me. Smiling, I stood up and grabbed my things before saying goodbye to the lady and following Jug out of the office. We firstly headed to my new locker which was across from his.

"So, you managed to keep this a secret. You know, transferring and all. Here I thought we were close, and you could tell me everything." He laughed slightly, making it look as if his heart was broken. Even though, he knew all about my thoughts and considerations about moving schools.

"Oh Jug, I am terribly sorry. Must've slipped my mind. You've been spending too much time at that drive-in then with your closest friend." I smirked softly at him once I finished with my locker.

"I am offended! I try to even put my time with the two of you, as well as Betty and Archie!" I laughed at his attempt at being upset. We walked down the hallways as he showed me where things were. We eventually reached the last stop of our travels, just before we walked in, I could hear some commotion going on in the room. Laughter. Genuine laughter.

We walked in and everyone stopped and stared. I spotted a group of four. One red-headed boy, a raven-haired girl, a blond girl and another young man who I think had brown hair.

"Guys this is Ainsley. Ainsley meet my other friends. Archie, Betty, Veronica and Kevin." I smiled and waved politely as Jughead introduced us, they politely waved back in response. Jug and I joined them. He sat with Kevin and Archie whilst I sat across with Betty and Veronica.

I couldn't get over how familiar Veronica looked. She looked like someone I knew but I couldn't place it. At least knowing her name was half of my battle.

"So, Ainsley, what brings you to our school? I don't think I have ever seen you around before?" Betty asked me. She was sweet and kind, I really liked her.

"Well I transferred here, wanting a new scene, different outlook at schooling from my previous school. Not that it was bad. Just one to many memories attached to it." I smiled softly at Betty as I thought about Southside High. I wasn't lying when I said to many memories. Every time I walked down the halls alone, I would fear something would happen. 9 out of 10 times something did happen. It terrified me. So, transferring was a good idea.

"What school did you go to before here?" Archie asked me, cocking a brow. I looked down slightly. I'm not ashamed of where I am from. I just know the bad rep that the Southside has. I don't want to make a fool of myself and become a loner here, although I sucked it up.

"Uh, I used to go to Southside High." I said softly. I glanced up at the group of teens who were looking at me oddly, all except Jughead of course. After a moment of awkwardness, Kevin spoke up.

"I like that you decided to come here for a different outlook. It certainly is different compared to there." He smiled at me and put me at ease. Maybe I could get used to going here.

-

The day finally ended and I headed out to my bike. For a first day I had no issues. Nobody came up to me and bullied me, nothing that typically happens to a new kid, happened to me. For once, I had a good day. I sat on my motorcycle talking to Kevin about what it was like at Southside High when my phone buzzed. I unlocked it to notice a text message from one of my other friends Toni.

Topaz 🔥; Hey Girlie. You coming to the Wyrm to hang? Want details from your first day, plus Fangs and I miss you.

Topaz 🔥; Oh BTW, Joaquin is in town and wants to say hi. Come down!

I laughed slightly at my phone before telling her I'd come as soon as possible. I looked at Kevin who was still rambling on about his love life and home life.

"Kev!" I laughed at him, he blushed slightly and stopped talking.

"Yea, w-what's up?" He laughed slightly, smiling at me.

"Would you like to come meet some of my friends? I swear it will be fun! Plus, I think I can introduce you to someone who you might like." I teased him and he blushed more before smiling. He dropped his smile fast when he started to look as though he was gonna panic.

"Woah. Kev. What's up?" I asked, concerned for my new friend.

"How are we-? Am I-? No, we-?" He kept starting and stopping his sentences, causing me to laugh at him.

"Hop on. Wear my helmet. Hold tight. You'll be fine." I laughed as I handed him my helmet and he hopped on my bike behind me. Squeezing me as tight as he could, whilst being considerate and allowing me to breathe. With that we were off.

We raced down the streets on our way to the bar. About five minutes into the ride, I felt Kevin loosen up a bit, still holding tight, but having calmed down a lot.

-

He struggled to get off my bike but had a huge grin on his face when he took the helmet off. I placed it on the handle of my bike and laughed at him as we headed inside the bar.

"Did you have fun Keller?" I chuckled, to which his only response was a slow nod as we entered the establishment. He looked both shocked and amazed as I was smiling and waving at people, leading him to the back where a bunch of pool tables lay, as well as my friends.

"Ainsley!" I heard my name being called by three people at the same time. Laughing, Kevin and I stopped to greet them.

"Hey Guys. Oh, uh, Kevin. I would like to introduce you to my other friends beside Jughead. Toni, Fangs and Joaquin. Guys meet Kevin. My new friend." I said with a huge smile upon my face. Proud that I made a friend.

"It's so nice to meet you Kevin. Would you like a drink?" Joaquin said smiling at him. Joaquin was the kind of guy who was sexy and mysterious, but you couldn't go near, in fear of something happening to you. However, without hesitation, Kevin nodded and followed Joaquin to the bar.

"One new friend and he's already stolen. What will I do?" I laughed, throwing my hands in the air in defeat. This earned at chuckle from Toni and Fangs.

"Guess you're stuck with us for life Ambers." Fangs laughed more as he put his arm around my shoulders. I was lucky to have the few people in my life who were like this. Kind and caring. They reminded me a lot of my mother.

"Sometimes I don't know if that's a good thing or not Fogarty." I giggled at him, Toni laughed and agreed with me. Fangs removed his arm and put his hand to his heart, faking heartbreak. We just laughed more.

It's nights like these that made everything okay for me. I'd forget about what was happening. As long as I had my friends, I was alright. Until I went home.

-

Home.

A place where I felt so empty. All because I was alone. As soon as I walked through the door to my trailer, I dropped to the floor. I looked up at the ceiling and sighed.

I'm all alone.

Whenever I felt alone, in bad cases, quite like this. The only thing that would be on my mind would be my mum. I missed her so much. I'd let the pain and sadness come back. I'd grab bits of my skin with my nails and pinch at them, leaving marks. My upper arms were covered in fading marks, my stomach and breasts always had fresh marks.

I didn't know how to stop feeling so hurt and emotionally drained. This just happened every time I came home. I couldn't stay out with friends because they'd always end up leaving. Putting me back here. Leaning against the door. Pinching myself.

I turned my head and looked at the Serpent jacket that hung on the back of one of my chairs. A single tear left my eye as I looked at it. I wish it smelled like her still. I miss her so much.

More tears fled my eyes. I was a mess now. All from looking at that bloody jacket.

"I miss you mum, so much. I need you. This is so hard. I can't do it...I need my mum. Please come back to me one day. I love you so very much mamma..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.7K 382 9
An Interview that destroys Veronica's relationship with Jughead.
49.4K 910 37
no longer updating
235K 5.6K 22
"Archie I'm trouble" "But you're my trouble" --------- RIVERDALE | SEASON ONE.
60.6K 1.1K 34
Betty Cooper and Jughead Jones met when Southside High closed down and all the students were transferred to Riverdale High. Now 2 years into their re...