The Billionaire's Heir

由 RuchikaWrites

Luke couldn't stop thinking about Bianca Wilson and the night they'd shared. He wanted to find her so he coul... 更多

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Epilogue

Chapter 6

675K 20.5K 1.6K
由 RuchikaWrites

*Unedited*

The car stopped in front of a tall building on the 5th Avenue. While they were on their way, Bianca couldn't help but notice the expensive shops and the people still on the streets. Probably because it was Friday night, she thought. You could just tell the difference between them and the people in her part of the city. Not that she hadn't come across them before, but tonight, she was looking at them with different eyes. These people were rich. They didn't have to worry about their house rents. A couple of hundred dollars here and there meant nothing to them.

Luke's chauffeur opened the door for her and she stepped out of the car. She craned her neck up and noticed the building where she was going to be living. Luke came to her side and placed a hand on her lower back. He instructed his chauffeur about something as Bianca straightened her shoulders, trying not to look small standing beside him.

They then proceeded to walk inside the building. The lobby that they were walking through had a very elegant layout, in the middle of which was a beautiful chandelier. It sparkled as it's crystals reflected light. Luke was greeted by the security guard and a couple of other people, both from the staff and the residents and he returned their greetings with a polite nod.

Bianca got a couple of curious fleeting glances but it didn't surprise her. She didn't look like she was from their world afterall. The people around were all dressed in anything but a jeans, T-shirt and a jean-jacket. Yep, curious glances were justifiable.

When they reached the elevator, they had to wait for just a second until it arrived. She played with her empty hands as they stepped into it. She'd thought that since her suitcase had wheels on it, it could be easily pulled by her. However, she was told that her suitcases would be brought up to his apartment and that she need not bother.

Luke punched in a password and then pressed the button to the 15th floor. He then checked his watch out of habit, like he usually did whenever he got back home. It was almost 1 AM. He had a breakfast meeting in a few hours and... he looked at Bianca, and he had her living with him now. It would be a long night knowing that she was so close to him, yet far.

She fidgeted with the buttons on her jacket as an awkward silence settled between them. Thankfully, it didn't stretch for long as they reached their floor.

They stepped into yet another lobby. It was much smaller than the one downstairs but nevertheless, it had a beautiful setup. Then Luke unlocked the doors to his house and allowed Bianca to step in first.

When she entered his house, she felt like a kid would at Disney World. The house was every human being's dream. There was a clear view of the Central Park through one of the windows, she noticed as she further stepped in the house. The set up was modern and it looked like a bachelor's house. It was spacey with no excess furniture. Everything around was there for a purpose.

"There are two bedrooms to your left and two to your right, you can take either." He said, breaking the silence between them.

"Uh... I don't mind any." She shrugged looking at him.

"Why don't you check them out and take a pick." He loosened his tie as he spoke.

"Where will you be sleeping?" That question sprung to her mind because he was offering her to check out all four bedrooms and choose any.

"Oh there is a another one that's mine. Would you rather check that one out?" He raised one of his brow in a flirtatious manner.

"No! Of course not. I was just asking." She shook her head as if someone had asked her if she'd murdered someone.

He chuckled and after a moment he asked, "I hope you've had dinner." It sounded more like I dare you to tell me otherwise.

"Yes. I have." She answered him despite his tone.

He nodded. Then, just as he was about to start walking, supposedly to his own bedroom, he heard her voice. "What about you?"

"What about me?" He questioned while turning a little to look at her.

"Have you had dinner?" The question took him by surprise because he had never had anyone living in his house before. When he was home, it was just him and no one to ask him these little questions. It only happened when he went to meet his mother.

"Yes. Yes, I have." He gave her a slight nod. "Good night."

"Good night." She replied but neither of them moved from their spot.

Then he leaned in to place a light kiss on her cheek and walked away. "Make yourself comfortable." He said before disappearing from her view.

She sighed and looked around. Then she took small steps further into his living room. The flooring changed from wooden to carpeted and she took her sandals off with the intention of not dirtying it. She took the first room she saw and twisted the door knob to open it. For a second she searched for the light's switch and found it after moving her hands around on the wall a little.

She then looked around the room and was sure that she got what had to be the biggest room in his house. Although, she didn't know how true that was. Nevertheless, whether this room was the biggest in his house or not, it was the biggest that she'd ever used. It felt like she was in one of those super expensive five star hotels.

She checked the room out, the bathroom, the walk-in closet and she was more than excited to be sleeping in there by the time she was done looking around. Then she remembered that her suitcase was still outside in the living room so she walked back out to get it.

As she walked to where her suitcase was placed, she heard some noise in the kitchen and turned around with her heart pounding. Memory of the one time when a thief had entered her house rushed to brain. There was more noise and she grabbed a vase from a close by table, threw the bunch of artificial flowers out of it and proceeded towards the kitchen. She could have called Luke to get here but that would probably alert the thief and she didn't want that.

She was thankful for the fact that she wasn't wearing her sandals. Being bare-footed meant that her footsteps wouldn't be heard.

Her heart was pounding like crazy as she went closer to the kitchen. Then, thinking that it was now or never, she entered the kitchen, with her hands holding the vase, ready to hit the intruder.

Luke was standing in front of the fridge, trying to find the food that his cook had made earlier to satisfy the sudden hunger he was feeling. That's when he saw a shadow on the floor. A shadow of someone ready to hit him with an object.

He just had a second before he quickly grabbed a knife and turned around to attack the intruder.

Bianca screamed loudly when she saw the man turn around with a knife in his hands, ready to attack her. The vase from her hands slipped and smashed against the floor as she clutched her stomach.

Then she heard a loud swear as she realized that the man in the kitchen was...

"Luke?"

"God damn it, Bianca! What the hell are you doing?!" He threw the knife on the kitchen counter and gripped his hair in one hand, his other hand on his waist as he looked at her with a murderous glare.

"I thought...I thought...that there's a thief." She looked at him like she was still in shock, one hand placed on her stomach and the other one on her chest as she tried to calm down.

"A thief?" He asked incredulously. "Jesus Christ! Do you or do you not remember that I live here too?!"

"Don't blame me! You went in your room and then-"

"And then what! I'm not allowed to come outside?!" He exclaimed, mocking her.

"That's not what I said!" Now she had her hands placed on her waist. "How was I supposed to know you'll be out of your room so soon!"

He looked at her with disbelief. "So you want me to announce my arrival and departure every time I enter or leave a room!"

"That is not what I am saying." She gritted her teeth.

"Then what are you saying!" God this woman was driving him nuts.

"That I didn't expect you to be in the kitchen!"

"That's why you decided to grab a vase-" He said, pointing at the broken pieces of glass on the floor, "and play cops and thiefs!"

Oh how she wanted to scream and pull her hair out. "Yeah! Too bad the vase broke because if it hadn't, I would really hit you right now! You scared me!"

"I scared you? I didn't even do anything! Damn it! I had a knife in my hand and I was so ready to strike you with it. Do you realize what could have happened?!" He clenched and unclenched his fists to let go of some anger.

She opened her mouth to spit out one of her sassy remarks but he stopped her. "Don't. Just don't. It's not funny. You could have gotten seriously hurt." There was a hint of horror in his voice that made their argument go right out of the window.

"I realize that." She said quietly. "I was going to hit you too."

"Yeah, I see how that went." He pointed at the broken pieces of glasses, attempting to make it sound like a joke but he couldn't think of anything else other than the fact that she could have gotten hurt. He didn't even want to think about it. He looked at the broken pieces of glass on the floor and then his gaze fell on her bare feet.

"Wait, don't move." He put a finger up to stop her from moving. Since he was wearing a pair of slippers that he usually wore in the house, he could still move around without having a piece of glass break into his skin. The broken pieces made a crunching sound under his weight and Bianca felt bad for destroying such a beautiful vase.

He went closer to her and bent to pick her up. She placed a hand on his shoulder as he carried her bridal style.

"I am sorry." She said. "About the vase." She added when he looked at her questioningly.

"Don't worry about it." He said, waving the issue off. "So which bedroom did you choose?"

"The first on the right." She pointed in its direction. "You can put me down now." They weren't in the kitchen anymore.

He didn't reply her and continued to carry her. She's left her bedroom door open so all he had to do was push it open with one of his leg to enter it. He walked in the room and placed her on the bed gently. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah." She replied.

"Good. Now, if you need anything feel free to wake me up." Yeah, she needed something, but she probably wouldn't wake him up because if she did none of them would be doing any sleeping. At least not the kind that involved closing your eyes and surrendering to slumber.

"Yes." She cleared her throat.

He looked at her for a moment and then bent down to repeat the word, "anything" in her ear, in a way that made her close her eyes. She wanted to grab his shoulders and pull him down on top of her to find out just what that 'anything' involved.

But all she managed was a nod. He kissed her neck and then stood up. "Good night." He said as he left her room, closing the door behind him.

She got comfortable on the bed and snuggled under the covers, playing the events of the night in her head until she couldn't keep her eyes open.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello beautiful people!

Finally this chapter is up! I suffered from cold, sore throat and a fever this week and it wasn't pretty. Ah! I'm glad it's almost over now! Just a little bit of cough here and there, otherwise I'm back to the land of healthy people! :D

Like always, let me know how you're liking this story so far. I'd love to read YOUR comments!

Today's question- How did you like that little scene between Luke and Bianca where they argued?

So, Comment & Vote! :D

-Keen_writer1

继续阅读

You'll Also Like

48.5K 2.9K 45
She thought she could do it alone but when a mix up happens. That leads a certain man in her life. © S.J Evans
1.4M 16.3K 11
Annie Davis was shocked when she was told she had been inseminated with the wrong sperm which of course belongs to a Billionaire who insists he wants...
42.6K 1.4K 27
Loving someone is not suppose to be painful. Telling someone you love them is not suppose to end a relationship. It is suppose to cement it more. Thi...
686K 16.2K 37
"Thinking of you keeps me awake. Dreaming of you keeps me asleep. Being with you keeps me alive." - Unknown