London

By howcanichange

Alex returns to live with Harry and leaves Palas to settle down in London. Her life there isn't as easy as sh... More

Summary of Palas
1 - "Welcome home, baby."
2 - "You never know with us, do you?"
3 - "Please don't go."
4 - "You're so sweet."
5 - "Just being Alex."
6- "Fucking idiot."
7 - "I love you."
8 - "All I want for Christmas is you."
9 - "Did you drink?"
10 - "I'm not pregnant."
11 - "I love you the most."
12 - "Ellie and Dave."
13 - "This is my girlfriend Alex."
14 - "I don't even get why he texts you."
15 - "We're not lacking in spice."
16 - "You are wrong."
17 - "Now tell me again that you're fine."
18 - "Harry, your pants!"
19 - "He's a dick."
20 - "Love you H."
21 - "Why are you always so sleepy?"
22 - "So I should just walk away, again?"
23 - "We live together, Alex."
24 - "Is this pocket change to her?"
25 - "I'm not the one fucking Susie."
26 - "I'm asking you politely to back off."
27 - "We're okay."
28 - "Call Harry."
29 - "Don't cry."
30 - "Just give me time."
31 - "You sound like a child."
32 - "Fuck, Lex, open your eyes."
33 - "I tried to kill Harry?"
34 - "You won't change your number?"
35 - "It's lovely out today."
36 - "The usual, pain, hate, love."
37 - "I think we're through, done."
38 - "I don't know what I want."
39 - "I don't believe I'm cut out for children."
40 - "Shouldn't you go home?"
41 - "He loves me."
42 - "I dream of her, and they aren't pleasant once."
43 - "Do you want me gone?"
44 - "You could have been my mother."
45 - "Go sleep on the fucking couch for all I care."
46 - "Harry's texting me."
47 - "I missed you, too."
48 - "You love me, still?"
49 - "Let's not provoke Liam."
50 - "You think it will happen today?"
51 - "Harry."
52 - "A happy one."
53 - "Bye mum."
54 - "I'm falling apart here, Alex."
55 - "Fight."
56 - "Did she love me?"
57 - "When you call me Lexie."
58 - "It has always been you."
59 - "Just be."
60 - "All of me."
61 - "The feeling of starting a family."
62 - "Third time's a charm, right?
63 - "Palas."
64 - "So glad to be back."
65 - "Palas is no longer my escape, no."
66 - "I do."
67 - "I think I want children."
68 - "This baby does has his own will."
69 - "Eli Styles."
70 - "We hadn't even kissed then."
72 - "It is time."
Epilogue

71 - "Are you pregnant?"

37 2 1
By howcanichange

Harry

It doesn't take me long to convince Alex that she might be pregnant already after our visit to the fortune teller. Suddenly seeing and feeling all the symptoms. Her breast have grown and are sore, her hair has been falling out, and lastly she came to the very scary conclusion that she doesn't remember the last time she was on her period. And I don't remember her moaning about it either. So within minutes we hail a taxi and drive off to the centre of Palas to find a pharmacy that is still open. Thankful for the opening hours of the shops in Palas we find one rather quickly and exit the cab as quickly as we can.

"Is there a toilet nearby?" Alex asks as she scans the street. 

"At McDonalds," I reply as I open the door to the 24-hour pharmacy. I can hear her mumble something but don't bother to ask her to speak louder. She's on the verge of a breakdown and I'd only tempt her to take it out on me. 

"Hello," the lady behind the desk greets us with a cheery voice. "How can I help?"

"A pregnancy test, please," I say. 

"Make it three," Alex adds and I look over to her as she shrugs her shoulders. 

"I want to be sure before I take another cocktail."

"Okay," I speak, fighting the urge to give her a reply or laugh. 

The woman behind the register deals with us in the most professional way and I wonder how many stood here before us. 

After paying a rather large amount of money, me, Alex and three tests leave the pharmacy and make our way to McDonalds. We've been there before and it is one of the few places where you can still pee for free. We don't bother that I'm a male in a female toilet and ignore the looks on everyone's face as Alex enters a toilet with me. She'd never agree to it if was for any other purpose, but we can't possible wait outside with a test in our hands. The instructions are pretty simple and after Alex has peed on it, there's nothing more that we can do but wait. 

"I might puke if I am pregnant," Alex says and I can't help but laugh. "I'm not ready."

"You never will be. Just think of it this way. If you are pregnant then she's already right because last time you were sick from the second I impregnated you."

"But fucking twins, Harry? How?"

"So you believe?"

"I'm scared, I'm not saying I believe her."

"To me it sounds as if you believe her. If the test is positive than we should go straight to the hospital. I want to know for sure."

"They won't do make an ultrasound so early on, and I don't have any pain or something."

 "Then you'll fake it. I don't give a shit, I want to be sure."

"Chances are I'm not even pregnant," she says.

"Then why are you afraid to look down?"

Alex looks me deep in the eyes, searching for some reassurance. All that I can give her is my joy and it seems to ease some of the panic in her. 

"On the count of three, okay?" She mutters, holding out the stick in front of her and I have to fight the urge to not already take a peak, but Alex's eyes are intensely burning in mine so I can't and count with her.

"One, two, three," I say and we both look down to see two very clear lines. 

"Fucking hell," Alex mumbles and then she's out.

****

"Never knew you were so good at faking to faint," I joke to Alex as she slowly recovers and wakes up. "But it gives us all the more reason to go to the hospital right now."

Alex doesn't complain and leans on me as we walk outside. The hospital isn't too far away and we reach it rather quickly. Alex still quiet as she processes the news that she's indeed pregnant.

After some persuading on my behalf, Alex and I are granted a room to rest and are promised a visit of a doctor soon. Seeing Alex hooked up on a blood pressure machine does bring back unpleasant memories, but the words of the fortune teller echo in my ears. It will be different this time around. Alex will get a pregnancy that she can actually enjoy. 

"Styles?" A doctor calls out and we both look up to find a young male, a true Greek god, watching over us with an eager expression. 

"That is us."

"How are we today?" He asks as he takes a seat on a stool and rides closer to Alex who is mesmerized by him. Even I feel a bit of a crush come up by the looks of him. "Feeling better already."

"I'm fine," Alex manages to say. "I just took a little fall after I found out that I am pregnant."

"Can be quite scary," he answers. "And you're the father?"

I only nod and watch Alex's blood pressure rise out of nerves. "He is," she answers for me. "We just want to be sure that the baby is alright and then we'll be out of here."

"I see." He gives us both a smile before he stands up to retrieve the echo machine. After some cold splashes of gel on Alex's stomach, we're finally getting what we want. "How far along do you think you are?"

"I'm not sure. Could be a day, could be a week, could be two months already."

"Aha," he says, stopping the screen to show us something. "There it is."

I have never been good at reading echo's. It all looks the same to me, but there is no doubt that there's movement in Alex's stomach. She immediately chokes up and starts to cry and I hold her hand as I too tear up.

"Lovely image," the doctor mumbles as he seems to take a picture of it and still the frame. "There you can see the head, I see some hands."

"Some hands? Like in two pair of hands?" I ask and the doctor looks at me for a second. "I don't know, of course, but you said it in such a suggestive way."

"Could be feet as well," he deadpans, "but let me look a bit further."

He keeps quiet after that and searches Alex's entire stomach, taking pictures along the way but no longer explaining what we're seeing, but I'm convinced. 

"It seems that you're right," the doctor says. "I see two of everything. Congratulations, you're pregnant of twins."

And then Alex is out again.

****

Alex seems to have stop fainting, and after reassuring the doctor that I won't take my eye of her, we're released from the hospital. 

"It will be a great story to tell once they're here," I say to Alex who still seems rather shaken at the thought of twins. I am too, but try not to show it. "What do you think it will be? Two boys, girls or one of each?"

"Don't know. I just want to go to sleep," Alex answers. 

"It is late, yeah," I mumble, realizing that it is already way past midnight and we have had a day of traveling. "You are okay, right?"

"I am. Or I will be. Just processing this a bit slower than you are."

"But you feel okay? No sickness?"

"Nope, only nerves. I wanted a second child, but in the future. I was thinking of having to try for another year. I mean it took a while with Eli, and now he's still so young, and it seems I'm already two months pregnant. Twins are known for being born early so who knows how quick they'll be here and it might be just as problematic as it was with Eli. It's just a lot to take in mind, Harry."

"I know, I know. But it is something amazing. And I have faith that it will be easier this time around. And we can get help the first period. Doesn't need to be as extreme as you're imaging right now."

"But what about your ideas for the shop? A pub, a gallery. You will have to move fast if you want the space."

"I think we can do it," I say to her, faking my confidence so that at least one of us stays calm on the surface. 

"We're going to need a lot of help. Are you sure Jason is up for that?"

"He is."

"If only my father was here. He'd help."

"By drinking the pub empty before it opens?" I offer and it makes her laugh. 

"True."

"What if at least one of them is a girl?" I ask. "Will we name her Bobbie then?"

"Only if one of them is. Otherwise it is so strange for the other girl."

"Yeah, you're right. Can't wait to find out."

"I don't understand your energy sometimes, Harry," Alex whispers as she leans against me so that I can hold her close while we walk. "I miss my baby."

"I'm right here," I reply although I damn well know which baby she means. 

"My other baby."

"He'd only cry. At least I don't cry that often."

"But you talk a whole lot more."

"I miss him, too. I'll tuck you in like I tuck Eli in." 

"Dear God, I hope you don't kiss Eli like you kiss me goodnight," she laughs and I hold her a bit tighter. Thankful that she's mine in this crazy world that we're about to make just a tiny bit crazier.

****

"I'm sad to be back," I say to Alex as we watch the luggage belt doing its thing. 

"I'm not," she replies like I expected her too. 

We had the most lovely week in Palas even after the sort-of terrifying news that we're soon to be parents to not one or two, but three infants. It is going to be hard, but we talked it through and came to the conclusion that we'll manage. Alex will cut back hours with her work and Jason will step in to help with the space next door. 

Jason is wild guy, but also such a nice dude and he's quickly become one of the most important people in my life. I consider him a brother and although I think that he's a good tattoo artist, I also believe that there's more to him than that. He's not as creative as I am, but he's good at charming people and whomever is near him will feel comfortable. I think that's why he'll be the perfect guy to run a pub, and it has been a quiet dream of mine.

The thought of a place where everyone can get together and enjoy a nice drink seems lovely to me. Working with Jason has made me realize that you can create your own family. There's some regular clients that have become mates as well, and then there's my old friends like Liam. And what I really like is simply spending time with them. We usually do that in the tattoo shop and it has become a place where we hang out a lot and it already is some sort of cafe. Being there, laughing, drinking and joking with whoever is feeling welcome is my dream come true and I'm proud that I was able to create that. 

But my proudest accomplishment is being a good husband and father. That's why I understand the reason that Alex barely has any attention for me left now that Eli is nearby and we only need to collect our luggage before we can go see him. She has given me more than enough attention over the last week. It seems that with this pregnancy she's loving me just as much as she hated me during her last. I'm not complaining.

"Are you even sure that Theo brought him with him? It is time for his nap."

"Uncle Theo promised to bring him even if he as sound asleep. I can't wait to see him."

"When will we tell everyone?" I ask, cutting to the only subject we haven't discussed fast. 

"I want to see my doctor here first. I am a high risk and want to be sure. No matter how nice this Greek God doctor was."

"You fancied him," I point out.

"You wanted to ask him to join us in a threesome."

"Well," I say mindlessly. "That was a joke to lighten the mood."

"Pity," she laughs, shrieking soon after when she sees my suitcase. 

Not wanting her to carry anything, I lift it off the belt and then roll it away so that we can go and meet up with Theo who is picking us up, and apparently brought along our child. The first half of the week Liam and Nina looked after Eli in our home and the second half they brought him to Theo who after having two grandchildren is skilled enough. He also loves to look after Eli during the week and I hope it stays that way when we have three children. For all of this to work, we're going to need all the help we can get.

"There they are," Theo's voice booms through the arrival hall and it makes it easy for the both of us to spot them. 

Eli looks happy as he sits in the stroller, wiggling his fat legs. His high-pitched voice echo's when he sees us and we both start to jog a bit faster to reach him.

"Hello my boy," Alex says in her most soft voice, crouching down in front of him to take him out of the buggy. 

She holds him tight as he smiles over her shoulder to me. Melting my heart with just one look. 

"He's been a good boy," Theo boosts, his voice always reminding me off Bob. I sometimes wonder how he would have been as a grandparent, but I try not to think about it too much. "Never cried, and of course best friends with Calum. How have you been?"

"Had the best time," I answer him, wanting to spill the news immediately but keeping in mind that Alex first wants to be sure. 

Eli extends his hands to make clear that he wants to be carried by me. Luckily for me he's a bit of a daddy's boy. Always laughing and smiling when I'm mentioned and yelling when I come home. I guess that's the joy of working more than Alex does. Although she gets to spend the most time with him, I am granted with the most kisses and hugs because he needs to miss me a lot more. It never seems to annoy Alex, as a matter of fact I think that she's likes watching us interact more than anything.

"Hey little boy," I mumble in his ears as I hold him close. "I missed you a lot."

"He missed you guys, too. He loves to stare at pictures of you on my phone. Showed all that you send."

"So nothing happened?" Alex questions. "He didn't start to walk? Didn't fall or hurt himself?"

"Nothing permanent," Theo laughs, "and we did everything we could to stop him from walking. I think it has worked. Now it is up to you."

"Good," Alex says, smiling. "Then lets go home."

****

A few weeks later

Getting everyone together is always one of my favourite things. Years ago I would have cringed at the thought of children attending grown up parties, but now I love that Sage's children and Eli are running and crawling around while everyone looks after them with a beer in hand. Bob would have been proud and that's why calling this place Lee is perfect. Theo seems to think the same because I see him talking to everyone in the room, boasting about his surname that has now turned in to a bar. He might even ditch the old pub not far from here to make this his favourite hangout. 

After finalizing the paper work for the rent and the permits to start a bar, Alex and I decided to get things moving fast. Starting with an opening party to reveal the name outside, and also to get as much help possible for the building work. Something Alex and I started after we found out we're indeed pregnant of twins, and she's reaching a point where she can no longer disguise it. Her stomach is growing a whole lot faster now that there's two baby's inside. For the last weeks she of course hasn't drank alcohol, but that didn't raise anyone's eyebrows as Alex always has periods in which she swears off alcohol. But I feel like Liam's prying eyes will see it soon enough or Eli will tell us off since he's the only other person who knows and he decided that his first word is baby screaming every time someone tries to make him say something. This party is the perfect opportunity to announce our multiple good news. 

"Should I start?" I ask Alex who's cleaning Eli's face after snacking on something. 

"Just get it on," she replies, her nerves all over the place. 

I clear my throat and clink my glass like a true douche and wait for everyone to silence. Everyone's face is set on mine and I feel myself turning red and falling still, that is until Jason starts the conversation.

"So, Styles, what are we all here for?" He questions, making everyone wonder what this is all about. 

"Well, first off all, thank you all for coming to Lee's and making time on such short notice. I know some of you had to reschedule work and I really appreciate it," I say, turning myself to Liam who shrugs his shoulders. "As some of you may know, I want this new space to become something more than Stories. We all have had some great nights there, and some beautiful art has been made, but here I want to step it up a notch and I want to do it together. So today I'd like you all to get as creative as you can get. You can use everything that is here. Paint whatever you want, build a table, help finish the bar, it can be anything. But I want you to be a part of it and I especially want you all to paint or draw something on this wall. And to start it off, me and Alex did something yesterday and it might also give you an idea about the future of it all. Alex?"

Alex looks at me as if she could kill me since this wasn't the plan. When we came here yesterday we painted something on the wall that we want to be a collaboration of everyone's attribution today. It will reveal that Alex is pregnant of twins and I said that I would reveal it, but I'm changing my mind now. Much to her pleasure.

"Yeah, well," she mumbles, as she tears away the sheets in front of it. 

There are I painted two people, one with curls, one with long wavy hair. Our faces are blank, but you can see clearly that they represent us. Next to us is Eli who is only recognizable because he's small and has short hair. Then I simply drew two hearts.

The room falls silent and stares to the painting. I hear some appreciating hums, but no one seems to realize what it actually means. I see Alex stare at it like she did yesterday. Still amazed that there are two beating hearts inside her. When she places her hand on her stomach, Sage screams. 

"Oh my fucking God!" 

She flies forward to Alex and hugs her close, surprising her with the force. When she pulls away she asks the magic words.

"Are you pregnant?" Alex nods, tears forming her eyes. "Of fucking twins?!"

"I am, just finished my first trimester."

"But, you're not sick?" Liam wonders and she shakes her head. "Well, congratulations then. Surely explains the haste to this all," he laughs. "Twins. Good luck," he adds when he steps to me to give me a handshake. 

The rest of the room slowly comes back to life and everyone gets a go at congratulating us while Eli screams 'baby, baby'. And I couldn't be happier when afterwards everyone gets to work and I slowly see my idea's come to live, just like my dream of having a family.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.6M 180K 55
⭐️ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏꜱᴛ ʀᴇᴀᴅ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ ꜰᴀɴꜰɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏɴ ᴡᴀᴛᴛᴘᴀᴅ ⭐️ ʜɪɢʜᴇꜱᴛ ʀᴀɴᴋɪɴɢꜱ ꜱᴏ ꜰᴀʀ: #1 ɪɴ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ (2017) #1 ɪɴ ᴋʏʟᴏ (2021) #1 IN KYLOREN (2015-2022) #13...
1.9M 83.7K 127
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
1M 33.7K 80
"𝙾𝚑, 𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚔 𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚖! 𝚃𝚠𝚘 𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚕𝚎 𝚗𝚞𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚒𝚟𝚎𝚜! 𝙸𝚝'𝚜 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢'𝚛𝚎...𝚍𝚘𝚙𝚙𝚎𝚕𝚐ä𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚛𝚜 𝚘𝚏 𝚎𝚊𝚌𝚑...
378K 12.7K 74
𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐨𝐧𝐞. gilmore girls universe. 𐙚 | B L U E ˖⁺‧₊˚♡˚₊‧⁺˖ ─── blue eyes like the sea on a cold, rainy day ❝ 𝘉𝘓𝘜𝘌 𝘌𝘠𝘌𝘋 𝘉𝘌𝘈𝘜𝘛�...