Wandering Fireflies

By BellaCheshire

One road trip. That was all that it took to tear Zaavan Fleetwood and Vance Dallas's lives apart. It wasn't f... More

Copyright Notice
Warning!
Cast
Author's Note
Chapter 1: Troublemakers
Chapter 2: Fight Club
Chapter 3: Fright Night
Chapter 4: Old Feelings
Chapter 5: Better Off Dead
Author's Note
Chapter 6: Road Trip
Chapter 7: Frenemies
Chapter 9: The Festival
Chapter 10: Bad Singers
Chapter 11: Food For Thought
Author's Note
Chapter 12: Take Me To Your Best Friend's House
Chapter 13: The Shack In The Woods
Chapter 14: Right By Your Side
Chapter 15: Stand Your Ground
Chapter 16: None Of The Above
Chapter 17: His Broken Smile
Chapter 18: Real Boys Don't Cry
Chapter 19: Say You'll Never Let Me Go
Chapter 20: Blanket Forts
Chapter 21: Falling Short
Chapter 22: Visiting Playgrounds At Night
Chapter 23: Testing The Waters
Chapter 24: How To Love
Chapter 25: Late Night Bad Ideas
Author's Note
Chapter 26: Something Out Of Nothing
Chapter 27: Castles Crumbling
Chapter 28: How Did We Get Into This Mess?
Chapter 29: The Land Of Tears And Shattered Dreams
Chapter 30: 05/04/18
Chapter 31: I'll Cry You A River
Chapter 32: Breathe
Author's Note
Chapter 33: One Step At A Time
Chapter 34: Love
Chapter 35: Everything Has Changed
Chapter 36: Forever A Dreamer
Art
Thank You
Sequel Out Now!

Chapter 8: A Night To Forget

4K 220 65
By BellaCheshire

Song: Faded by Alan Walker

"Please, aunt Lucy, please I beg you. Don't do this to me. I can't do this anymore!"

"I like it when you beg." She grinned evilly. "It just makes it more fun." She proceeded.

"STOP! NO STOP! PLEASE!" I screamed.

"VANCE, WAKE UP!"

I woke up with a gasp. I was drenched in sweat and panting heavily. It was just a nightmare. Thank God. I was slightly relieved, until the details of my nightmare came back to me and I started to shake. Just as I started to feel tears pricking my eyes, I noticed a boy sitting beside me. Oh right. I was in Toronto sharing a bed with Zaavan.

"Vance, are you okay?" He looked alarmed. Wow. He actually looked worried.

"Yeah. I'm fine. Don't worry about it. I just had a bad dream. Just go back to sleep." I wiped my eyes and put on my best smile. Wow. I was starting to turn into a pathological liar.

"A bad dream?! You were screaming and flailing like you were about to be killed! That sounds more like a night terror to me. How can you be so cool about it - you sounded terrified!"

"Just drop it okay? I said I'm fine." I tried to sound convincing, but at the last word, my voice cracked.

"You're clearly not okay," he said in a soft voice. "Tell me what's wrong," he pleaded. I looked into his sincere blue eyes, which were a mix of worry and concern. They reminded me of a calm sea. Why did he even care?

"Look, sometimes I get these nightmares but they're really no big deal. Everyone gets nightmares once in a while..."

"But not everyone wakes up screaming at the top of their lungs. Vance, I tried to wake you up for five minutes straight but nothing worked. I yelled in your ear, shook you, heck I even slapped you like they do in the movies but nothing worked!" I was starting to panic. He wasn't buying it.

"And who the hell is aunt Lucy?" Her name was enough to make me lose it. I've spent all this time trying to ignore what was what going on, trying to forget. I was doing a great job - for a long time, I couldn't even feel anything anymore - I just felt numb. But tonight was different. Maybe it was being in a different bed, in a different town with people I barely even knew. But it was just enough to break something inside of me.

Because nobody was supposed to know. Nobody was supposed to ever find out. I was supposed to be able to lie my way out of it. And I sure as hell wasn't supposed to break down in front of Zaavan Fleetwood, my sworn enemy and tell him everything. But life isn't always fair, now is it?

"My aunt...aunt Lucy...sh-she won't stop..."

"She won't stop what?" He asked gently.

"Touching me." I whispered these last words so quietly, I was surprised he even heard me. That was when I broke down into tears. I covered my face with my hands, ashamed of myself and of Zaavan seeing me like this. I was sobbing hard, gasping for air. I couldn't stop shaking. It was then that I felt Zaavan. He was so close to me that I could feel the warmth radiating from his body. He wrapped an arm around my shoulders and pulled me closer. I rested my head on his shoulder.

We stayed like that for a while until my loud sobs turned into silent crying. I lifted my head and looked down at my lap, too ashamed to face Zaavan.

"Do you want to talk about it?" asked Zaavan quietly. His voice had such a soft and gentle tone to it, one that I've never heard before. It almost sounded, understanding. I shook my head.

"Hey, I won't judge, criticize or laugh at you. I just want to make sure that you're okay because I think that holding onto something like can destroy you. It may be hard to say something, but pretending that everything is okay when you clearly feel that it isn't will only make things worse. So if you want to talk, I'm here." How was he so good at this? I don't know what made me tell him everything. Maybe it was the tone of his voice, or his words, or the way he just made me feel so comfortable. I really don't know.

Whatever it was, it worked. I lifted my tear-streaked face, tears still falling towards him and finally managed to speak. "It started when I was younger. We were playing video games and then she told me that if I let her touch me and not tell anyone, she'd buy me a new game. I didn't know what she meant, but I really wanted a new one, so I said yes. So she had her way with me and of course, got me the game" I paused. Zaavan gave me an encouraging nod.

"She gave me that kind of offer a few times, with different things every time. But something just felt...wrong. At some point, it started to feel really wrong and I told her to stop but she just wouldn't. She kept forcing me to have sex with her every time she came over and now she just won't stop and I don't know what to do anymore!" I started sobbing uncontrollably.

"I just can't do it anymore! It feels so wrong and I feel so disgusted with myself. I just, I feel so sick-" Oh God. Not again. I jumped and made it to the bathroom just in time. I threw up in the toilet. It obviously smelt repulsive, but even so, Zaavan stood by me the whole time. I cleaned myself off and collapsed back into the bed. Zaavan was looking at me worriedly.

"Do you want to go see a doctor?" he asked. I shook my head.

"When I get really stressed, I vomit, so it's normal for me." Zaavan nodded.

"I'm really sorry about-"

"Don't." I cut him off. I didn't want to hear what he had to say. I still couldn't believe that I actually told him. If anything, I felt so humiliated and I just wanted to forget any of this ever happened.

"It's late. We should get back to sleep. We have to be up really early for tomorrow."

Zaavan looked unsure for a moment, but nodded anyways.

"Okay, but if you need anything, wake me up. I mean it Vance. Even if it's just to talk." I nodded and we both lay back down.

But I couldn't sleep. Truth be told, I was terrified. What if I had another nightmare of her? She managed to snake her way into my dreams. Even when I shut my eyes, I still saw her. I turned over to Zaavan, about to ask him if I could leave a light on but he was already fast asleep, leaving me all alone with my thoughts. I really didn't want to wake him. I already felt like a weak loser and talking to him would just make me feel worse.

I needed to escape. No - better yet, I needed a release. I got up and got dressed as fast as I could. I had to be quick, but I couldn't just leave in my pj's. This was Canada after all. Even in the middle of March, I'd probably end up getting frostbite. I sighed. Even though I was exhausted, as I grabbed my lighter, adrenaline started pulsing through my veins. Grabbing my jacket, I quietly made my way to the nearest park.

***

I underestimated how far the nearest park actually was. I couldn't really go far - what if I got lost? I ended up stopping in an abandoned alleyway. Shaking, all tensed up and stressed, I pulled out my lighter and lit a piece of garbage on fire. The feeling was indescribable. All the stress and tension that was built up inside of me came flowing out. I didn't know why I even did this. What's wrong with me? All I know is that this was the only way for me to escape. To feel pleasure and relief. With parents like mine, I'd get caught drinking or smoking or doing drugs in no time. What else could I do?

I only started doing this after aunt Lucy started touching me. This wasn't her fault though. It was all mine. I deserved all of this.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! ARE YOU INSANE?!" I turned around to face a panicking Zaavan. "We could get into serious trouble! Put it out!" I stood there, shocked and unable to move. That is until...

"Vance! You're on fire!" I looked down to see my pants burning. For some reason, I still couldn't move. It actually felt...good.

Zaavan, however acted quickly and shoved me to the ground. He picked up some snow and kept throwing it onto my pants and the garbage until all the fire was completely out.

"What the hell man?!" I just looked at him. Once again, I broke down into tears. It wasn't like me to cry like this. I never cry. At least, not in front of others. But I couldn't help it. Everything tonight was just too much for me to deal with. I was exhausted and just didn't have the strength to control myself.

Zaavan's expression softened. "Hey. You're good."

"N-no...I'm n-not. I deserve it. I deserve all of this. It's all my fault."

"Vance, look at me. None of this is your fault. You're the victim here. NEVER forget that,"  he said with a stern look.

I felt so defeated. Why was he arguing with me? "But I should like it. Guys are supposed to be okay with stuff like that. And have you seen my aunt? Any guy would want her. I should want it - I probably do want it. I probably actually like it-" Panic was rising in my voice but he quickly cut me off.

"Is that what she's been telling you? Because no Vance, it's your body. People shouldn't touch if you don't want them to. And trust me. I barely even know you and I can clearly see that you don't like it and that you don't want it."

I remained silent for a while, tears still falling. I hung my head. Shoot, why am I crying like a girl? I couldn't stop though, no matter how hard I tried.

"Come on. Let's go back. You're going to freeze out here all wet like this." He wrapped an arm around my shoulders and we went back to our room.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 59.3K 36
Jason Williams didn't think going out to dinner with his family was going to be any different than usual. Comments about his sexuality, some teasing...
8.9K 650 42
Diego Santiago was not your average teenager. He had a loving mother, a great best friend, a beautiful friend, an ex-boyfriend that gave him a traum...
940K 24.1K 26
Hey, I'm Zachary. This story may not have a plot or any real reason for being up on this strange website, but it's my story. Me, with all my problems...
725K 25.5K 58
BL favorite || #1 in LGBTQ, BxB, BOYLOVE, HOMOEROTIC, MASCULINITY, MUSCLE, HUNKS, and many more || When Johnny and Jason, the high school football te...