The Forbidden Romance

By harry-potter-stuff

COMPLETED STORY Highest Ranks: #91 under drarry #11 under harryanddraco #429 under dracomalfoy #984 under h... More

Author's Note
First Day Back
Amortentia
Betrayal & Heartbreak
Breakup
Hugs and Kisses
Secrets Revealed
Guitars and Questions
The L Word
Going Public
How Long?
Trouble In Paradise
Hurt
Why?
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Cuts
End?
AUTHOR'S NOTE
UPDATE A/N

New Bonds

12.3K 414 137
By harry-potter-stuff

(Harry's POV)
Harry realized that he had been crying into Malfoy's shoulder for more than 30 minutes now. Slowly, he regained his composure and sat up. He looked around and realized they were in the Room of Requirement. Then Harry looked at Malfoy and grimaced. Malfoy's shirt was tear soaked where Harry had been crying into his shoulder.

"Er sorry about that," he said motioning to the blue haired boys shirt.

Malfoy glanced down and waved his hand, as if to dismiss it. "It's okay, just a shirt," he said. Harry noticed that while Malfoy's voice was cold, there were no signs of malice. Then Harry realized something.

"Er why were you in here?" He asked timidly, he had never had a civil conversation with Malfoy.

"I wanted to be alone for a while," Malfoy said.

"Oh." Harry said, looking around now. He noticed that the decorations in the room were both Gryffindor and Slytherin colors. As he looked at the ceiling his eyes widened and his jaw dropped in awe. The ceiling showed a starry night. As he looked around he saw the windows, or what he supposed were windows. They showed a forest, lush and green, and Harry gazed in awe at it.

"Wow," he said.

"Yeah I know." The other boy said and Harry looked at him. The blue haired boy was smiling. Harry's heart skipped a beat. He had never seen Malfoy smile. It wasn't a smile that Harry had ever seen on Malfoy. It was a wide, toothy smile and it was the kind that made the people who saw it want to smile too.

"I love this place," Malfoy said, looking at the windows, "watch," Malfoy said and motioned to the windows. Harry looked at the windows once again and his jaw dropped when the forest changed to a open field. He stared in awe at it for a minute before turning and looking at Malfoy.

"You can change it at will?" He asked.

"Yes, although I only discovered that my third year." Malfoy said.

"You've been coming here since third year?" He asked Malfoy, looking at the boy.

"First actually, my father told me about it." Malfoy said.

"Oh." He said.

"How long have you came here?" Malfoy asked Harry, he noticed Malfoy was looking at him now.

"Fifth year, when we used it for Dumbledore's Army." He answered, remembering that Malfoy had a part in taking them down.

"Oh, I thought you were using it before then." Malfoy said, staring at the star strewn ceiling.

"No, why do you come here anyway?" Harry asked, he realized that it was actually quite easy to talk to Malfoy.

"Mostly to get away from Pansy," the boy said, still staring at the ceiling, "but I also come here if I want to be alone, or if I want to study in private."

"Oh." Harry said.

"Er, do you mind me asking how you figured out about Ginny and Dean?" Malfoy said quietly.

Harry grimaced, the image of Ginny and Dean swimming in his mind again.

"Well, I left dinner early and went to the Gryffindor common room and when I walked in they were, er, on the couch making out," he said, wondering why in the world he was telling Malfoy this, of all people.

He looked at Malfoy and the boy looked furious. But the next second Malfoy's face was stone as always. He must've imagined it.

"I'm sorry to hear that." Malfoy said.

Harry nodded, frowning. It hurt thinking about it again.

"Er, I should probably go." He said, standing up.

Malfoy didn't look up but waved his hand in a dismissal of goodbye. Harry started walking to the doors, then a thought occured to him. He remembered something Hermione had said the first day back of school.

"The war is over..."

He stopped and walked back to the couch where the blue haired boy was sitting. Malfoy looked up at him, confused.

"I thought you were leaving Potter?" He said cooly.

How did he even begin to say this, or ask it at the matter. He sighed.

"Look Malfoy, I know we have been enemies for years now, but I was thinking, since the war is over, that maybe we could at least try to be friends." He said, and put out his hand for Malfoy to shake.

Malfoy stood up and looked at Harry before laughing.

Harry was startled. He had never seen or heard Malfoy laugh, he found himself smiling. It was a low laugh, not high pitched, it was sexy if Harry was honest with himself. He blinked and shook his head as if to get rid of the thought.

"What's so funny Malfoy?" He asked.

Malfoy stopped laughing and motioned to Harry's hand. "It reminds me of first year when I asked you the very same question." The boy said smiling and Harry felt his heart skip a beat once again. Malfoy took Harry's hand and shook it. Harry ignored the jolt of electricity that went through his hand and smiled.

"Friends it is then," Harry said, then as an after thought, "er, do u mind not mentioning this to anybody? I'd rather not anybody know I was bawling my eyes out." He said, laughing a little.

Malfoy smiled. "It'll be between us."

"Good, thanks." Harry said, then he left the Room of Requirement. He realized, despite what he had just witnessed with Ginny, that he was actually a little bit happy. He smiled and headed for the Gryffindor common room.

⚡📚👑

(Draco's POV)
Harry had been crying on Draco's shoulder for the past 30 minutes until the boy sat up. Draco watched as he looked around the room then at Draco. The untidy jet black haired boy grimaced as he looked at Draco. Draco was confused, why did he look at him like that.

"Er sorry about that." Harry said and the boy motioned to Draco's shirt.

Draco looked down and dismissed it with a wave of his hand. "It's okay, just a shirt." He said.

"Er why were you in here?" Harry asked. Malfoy thought that Harry was being cautious, or timid at least.

Draco resisted the urge to frown. "I wanted to be alone for a while," he said.

"Oh," Harry said. Malfoy noticed that he had started to look around at the room and Malfoy watched him. As the boy looked at the ceiling his jaw dropped and eyes widened. Draco smirked slightly. Then Harry looked at the windows and looked at them in awe.

"Wow," the boy said and Draco smiled slightly.

"Yeah I know." He said, then after a few seconds pause, "I love this place," he said looking at the windows, "watch." He said looking at Harry and motioning to the windows. Harry turned and looked at the windows. Draco racked his brain and decided. He thought hard and the forest that the windows showed changed to an open field. He looked at Harry and smiled as the boy stared at it in awe for a few seconds. Then Harry looked at him.

"You can change it at will?" The boy asked.

"Yes, although I only discovered that my third year." Draco said, thinking of how happy he was when he had discovered this.

"You've been coming here since third year?" The boy asked Draco.

"First actually, my father told me about it." Draco said, thinking of the day before first year when his father had told him about a room that would turn into anything you needed at the time.

Wow, it's actually really easy to talk to Potter.

"Oh," Harry said.

"How long have you came here?" He asked the boy, looking at him.

"Fifth year, when we used it for Dumbledore's Army." Harry said. Malfoy felt guilty then, he had taken part in helping Professor Umbridge find out about the DA and then where to find them.

"Oh, I thought you were using it before then." He said, then looked up at the ceiling.

"No, why do you come here anyway?" Harry asked.

"Mostly to get away from Pansy, but I also come here if I want to be alone, or if I want to study in private." He said.

"Oh." Harry said.

"Er, do you mind me asking how you figured out about Ginny and Dean?" He asked quietly, unsure if Harry would even tell him. He noticed Harry grimace.

"Well, I left dinner early and went to the Gryffindor common room and when I walked in they were, er, on the couch making out," the boy said. Rage shot through Malfoy before he could stop it. He knew he looked furious and he quickly put on his stone mask.

"I'm sorry to hear that." He said, sincere.

"Er, I should probably go." Harry said, standing up.

Draco waved his hand, a dismissal of goodbye in the Malfoy household, and he heard Harry walk towards the door, then walk back. He looked at Harry, confused.

"I thought you were leaving Potter?" He asked cooly.

"Look Malfoy, I know we have been enemies for years now, but I was thinking, since the war is over, that maybe we could at least try to be friends." He said, and the boy put out his hand. Draco stood up and looked at Harry. He had a flashback to first year when he had asked Harry that same question, and he started laughing. He couldn't help it.

"What's so funny Malfoy?" Harry asked.

Draco stopped laughing and motioned to Harry's hand. "It reminds me of first year when I asked you the very same question." He said, smiling. He took Harry's hand and shook it, ignoring the electricity that shot through him. Harry smiled and Draco's heart stopped for a moment. It was a goofy, lopsided smile that reached the boys eyes.

"Friends it is then," Harry said, "er, do u mind not mentioning this to anybody? I'd rather not anybody know I was bawling my eyes out." The boy was laughing a little. It was a sexy laugh.

Draco smiled and said, "It'll be between us."

"Good, thanks." Harry said and Draco watched him leave the Room of Requirement. He smiled, a big, wide smile.

I'm friends with Harry Potter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

306K 9.6K 28
"Why do you keep avoiding me, Draco?!" "'Cuz i don't deserve you, Harry." . . . . . A Drarry fanfic set in the 8th year of Hogwarts. contains: Dra...
1.1M 34.9K 62
COMPLETED!! sequel to my other book "just for you", focusing on the aftermath of y/n and draco FINALLY getting together and what's to come over their...
202K 7.5K 13
Harry, now back for his 8th year, discovers something new. Because things can never be normal, and Malfoy always seems to be involved. Currently unde...
4.6K 194 22
•DRARRY STORY• ... -this story begins in 3rd year (The prisoner of Azkaban) 🐺🐀 ... Draco and Harry have hated one other since first year. But when...