Breakup

(Harry's POV)
Harry made his way to the Gryffindor common room, his thoughts had reverted back to Ginny. His heart hurt whenever he thought about it but he had to do something about it.

I have to break up with her. I can't be with someone who cheated on me.

Harry tried not to cry. Breaking up with Ginny would mean admitting what he saw was real. It hurt knowing she had betrayed him like that. He thought she loved him. He was obviously wrong. He was startled to find himself in front of the Fat Lady's portrait.

"Godric" he said and walked in.

"Harry!" Hermione screeched as soon as he had stepped foot in the common room. "Where have you been!? We've been worried sick!"

Harry couldn't help thinking she sounded like Mrs. Weasley.

"Sorry mate, tried to calm her down," Ron said apologetically, "we were worried though."

"Just give me a minute," he mumbled. He saw Hermione open her mouth to object but thankfully Ron nudged her and gave her a look that said 'leave him be.' Harry had a surge of gratitude toward Ron, but realized that what he was about to do would make Ron hate him.

Harry spotted Ginny sitting alone at one of the tables in the corner, it looked like she had been crying. He walked over and sat down across from her.

"Harry I'm..." Ginny started but Harry interrupted her.

"Ginny," he said, finding it hard to make his voice not shake, "I have to break up with you. I don't know why you did it, but I can't be with someone who cheated on me." He said, trying not to cry. He looked at Ginny and saw that she had tears in her eyes but it seemed to Harry that it was because of guilt, not sadness at what was happening. He resisted the urge to cry right there in front of her.

Ginny looked at him sadly. "I understand Harry, I'm so sorry for what I did. I just...I didn't know what to do. I fell out of love with you but I didn't want to hurt you."

He didn't know why but Harry suddenly got mad. "You should've told me Ginny, because this hurts a hell of a lot worse, trust me," he said coldly, trying not to yell, and stormed to the boy's dormitories.

Once in the dorm with the door closed Harry sat down on his four poster and instantly started crying. He knew he shouldn't have been so rude to Ginny but he couldn't help it. He had gotten so mad. She had apparently been feeling this way for a while. It hurt knowing she had fallen out of love with him. She should have just broken up with him as soon as she felt she didn't love him anymore. It would have hurt way less than this. Harry curled up in a ball and cried, not caring about his dignity anymore. He found himself wishing Malfoy was there to hold him.